185 Rajadamri, 36 Storey : Ratchadamri - Page 15 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Thai Forum > New Highrise developments

New Highrise developments Come see whats on the rise in this capital

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 16th, 2010, 05:28 AM   #281
Haukom

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
both will be top notch residences in Bangkok....

(a) VIEWS: tied..... unit views of 185 is better IF your unit is facing the green Royal Sports Club or Lumpini Park (that is only about half of the units)..BUT city views of Mahankhon at virtually all units will be unmatched

(b) LOCATION: tied Ratchadamri is very prestigious location and probably best in Bangkok, but only if unit is facing the greens....however the MahaNakhon location with offices and hotels and mall and terraces (plus BTS and BRT right in front) will be super excellent

(c) BUILDING: Mahanakhon wins.....Mahanakhon iconic design and tallest in Thailand wins, no question

(d) BRANDING & SERVICES: Mahanakhon wins Mahanakhon with Ritz-Carlton Residences branding, services and facilities, Edition Hotel conveniences, Terraces and Cube cafes, groceries, shops and services, plus skybar and restaurant on top...Mahanakhon wins, no question....185 is just a plain condo building....

(e) OWNERSHIP STATUS: 185 Rajadamri wins.....185 is freehold....Mahanakhon is 99 year leasehold secured by mortgage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukom View Post
It will be perfect if Mahanakhon is located at 185's location, an iconic building on legendary Rajadamri Rd...WOW..so dreamy.
Mahanaknon building is so fantastic.

By the way, 185 building is not bad. It's not fancy but classy and glassy.
The glass facade look very nice.

Last edited by Haukom; July 16th, 2010 at 07:31 AM.
Haukom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #282
Speed

Likes (Received): 510

Haukom, great glassy render

but dont forget that the existing BAAN RAJADAMRI direclty (and very closely) blocks many many units in the right hand side....

it also blocks Lumpini Park views of corner units on left hand side...

therefore, in my opinion, the location of 185 only is superior if directly facing Royal Sports Club or Lumpini Park...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
image hosted on flickr
Speed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:42 AM   #283
Haukom

Thanks for a good comment, Speed.

It's true that some corner units on the left side of the building will have narrow view of Lumpini park because of Baan rajadamri.

However, Salespersons told me that there is no room on the west wing which is blocked by Bann Rajadamri. According to the floor plan, the architect skips all the room on that side. Only corridors face Baan Rajadamri directly.

Last edited by Haukom; July 18th, 2010 at 08:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #284
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lizzard King View Post
I like the comparison speed,

Tough i think the 185 has a more classic and luxury location, but if u like urban the Maha Nakhorn is a winner.Building wise, branding and concept definitly Maha Nakhorn, its just the lease hold thing, with a free hold there would be no competition...
I agree Lizzard that freehold is much more preferable than leasehold, but in this particular comparison, a 99-year leasehold (secured by mortgage) in a super iconic (and tallest) building with super lux brand and quality of Ritz-Carlton plus mall, cafes, shops and service facilities (and right in front of convenient transport) plus boutique Edition Hotel plus financial district plus next door W Hotel.....beats 185 Rajadamri (even with nearby Four Seasons, and St Regis facilities)...

BUT in long term future, if the land of 185 Rajadamri is sold by the condo juristic person (co-owned by all condo unit owners) that would be prime prime prime for sale price ...

too bad 185 Rajadamri was not more supercharged, like with taller, more iconic design and with super lux branded hotel and embedded services and shops and food (closer to a St Regis concept nearby)...
anyway, for roughly the same top level money, I personally think residences with branded services are more attractive than plain condos (with no services, brand, shops, etc.)

for branded residences (you can buy for yourself) with great services in Bangkok...in 2012 -2014,

the top coolest residences could be (in no particular order):

The Sukhothai Residences + Sukhothai Hotel adjacent (Sathorn- FREEHOLD)

The Ritz-Carlton Residences + Edition Hotel lower floors (Sathorn - 99 yr LEASEHOLD)

The St. Regis Residences + St Regis Hotel lower floors (Rajadamri - 30 yr LEASEHOLD)

The River Residences + XXXXX Hotel in north tower (Riverside- FREEHOLD)

The Oriental Residences + Serviced Apts (Wireless - 30 year LEASEHOLD)

The Capella Residences + Capella Hotel (Riverside - LEASEHOLD) (under planning)

The Jumeirah Residences + Jumeirah Hotel (Riverside -LEASEHOLD) (under planning)
2nd tier coolest probably includes:

Banyan Tree Residences + Banyan Tree Hotel (Sathorn - LEASEHOLD)

Renaissance Residences + Renaissance Hotel (Rajadamri - LEASEHOLD)

Hansar Residences + Hansar Hotel (Rajadamri - LEASEHOLD)

Fraser Residences & Serviced Apartments (Sathorn - FREEHOLD)

Ascott Residences & Serviced Apartments (Sathorn - 50 year LEASEHOLD)

Movenpick Residences + Movenpick Hotel (Phayathai - FREEHOLD) (under sales process)

Regent Residences + Regent Hotel (Sukhumvit - FREEHOLD) (IF it ever wakes up again)

any others I missed??

Last edited by Speed; July 16th, 2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:24 PM   #285
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 4775

and you will be shocked when you found out which hotel is going to be at the River..

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:27 PM   #286
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

There is nothing I dont like about 185 except the price, just because I'm not rich..
There are 2 things I dont like about The RCR, the ownership thing and ofcourse, price..

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

Old July 16th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #287
The Lizzard King

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
and you will be shocked when you found out which hotel is going to be at the River..

Good Shock or Bad shock?

Btw,

I wish Raimonland would make a more outstanding building on that plot.
The thing i really dont get is how they planed in with all those support poles in the bed rooms, it just doesnt make sense, especially when you compare it to the amazing lay outs and design/concept of the Sukhothai and RCR

Can anyone explain that?
The Lizzard King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #288
kido846

Likes (Received): 35

Can someone explain 99-year leasehold (secured by mortgage)?

I read somewhere that mentioned that RCR will be 30-year initial lease, with an ability to extend 30-year lease 2 times. That means the owner will need to pay additional money to extend the lease, right? In addition, at the end you are still not the owner, just the leasee.
kido846 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #289
Speed

Nope, just pay once and get full 99 yrs.

But yeah, after 99 years you gotta give it up. It's a lease, not ownership.
Old July 17th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #290
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Which is about the same case as most property projects in Singapore.

Old July 17th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #291
Haukom

99 years-leasehold is worthwhile.
It covers almost three generations.
The buyers will definitely go to heaven before that. Their children can live happily at RCR for at least 50 years.

But who knows .....what will happen to our earth in the next 99 years.
Old July 18th, 2010, 04:47 AM   #292
Speed

Quote:
Which is about the same case as most property projects in Singapore.
nice brief summary from PropertyGuru.com.sg

Freehold
With a freehold property, the buyer owns the property and the title deed to the property. The buyer only pays the mortgage and not a monthly rent.

Freehold condominiums are often more expensive because you are practically owning the property, and the land on which it sits on, for as long as you want. The procedures to buy a freehold property is also more expensive and takes a longer period when compared to a leasehold property.

Leasehold
In Singapore, leasehold properties have a tenure of 99-, 999-, or 103- years. Upon expiration of the lease, the legal ownership of the property goes back to the government. There are some leasehold contracts that allow the buyer to buy the property or renew the lease. The main advantage of a leasehold property is that it is often much cheaper than a freehold property. You will, however, have to pay a monthly rent for the duration of the lease period.
Old July 18th, 2010, 07:44 AM   #293
ArkinMourad
FKK

Likes (Received): 733

ย่านนี้ชอบสร้างติดชิดๆกันเนอะ ต่อไปจะมีแบบที่สูงโด่มาล็อกวิวติกรอบๆใหมนี่ หรือเค้ามีกฏหมายกำหนดความสูงตึกไว้แล้ว
ArkinMourad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #294
mbokudake
Valde Carus Meus Nichkhun

Likes (Received): 148

99-year leasehold is also practical in HK.

SMAP
"ไม่ต้องเป็นที่หนึ่ง แต่ขอให้แค่เป็นหนึ่งเดียว"
mbokudake no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #295
Speed

Quote:
oh no ..............................please be a good shock!

my guess is IFA HOTELS & RESORTS (since they have such a huge shareholding in Raimon Land????)

http://www.ifahotels.com/?gclid=CNmD...dcXqljg&src=af

Last edited by Speed; July 18th, 2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old July 19th, 2010, 05:30 AM   #296
Zimoune
Zimoune

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Nope, just pay once and get full 99 yrs.

But yeah, after 99 years you gotta give it up. It's a lease, not ownership.
if it can really guarantee 99years it is fine. as you all mention, it is the same in most places in the world. however, tell me how legally you can register a 99-yres lease, how the mortgage plays any role in that?
Zimoune no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 05:31 AM   #297
Zimoune
Zimoune

Quote:
good shock?
Old July 19th, 2010, 05:37 AM   #298
Zimoune
Zimoune

Quote:
I agree Lizzard that freehold is much more preferable than leasehold, but in this particular comparison, a 99-year leasehold (secured by mortgage) in a super iconic (and tallest) building with super lux brand and quality of Ritz-Carlton plus mall, cafes, shops and service facilities (and right in front of convenient transport) plus boutique Edition Hotel plus financial district plus next door W Hotel.....beats 185 Rajadamri (even with nearby Four Seasons, and St Regis facilities)...

BUT in long term future, if the land of 185 Rajadamri is sold by the condo juristic person (co-owned by all condo unit owners) that would be prime prime prime for sale price ...

too bad 185 Rajadamri was not more supercharged, like with taller, more iconic design and with super lux branded hotel and embedded services and shops and food (closer to a St Regis concept nearby)...
anyway, for roughly the same top level money, I personally think residences with branded services are more attractive than plain condos (with no services, brand, shops, etc.)

for branded residences (you can buy for yourself) with great services in Bangkok...in 2012 -2014,

the top coolest residences could be (in no particular order):

The Sukhothai Residences + Sukhothai Hotel adjacent (Sathorn- FREEHOLD)

The Ritz-Carlton Residences + Edition Hotel lower floors (Sathorn - 99 yr LEASEHOLD)

The St. Regis Residences + St Regis Hotel lower floors (Rajadamri - 30 yr LEASEHOLD)

The River Residences + XXXXX Hotel in north tower (Riverside- FREEHOLD)

The Oriental Residences + Serviced Apts (Wireless - 30 year LEASEHOLD)

The Capella Residences + Capella Hotel (Riverside - LEASEHOLD) (under planning)

The Jumeirah Residences + Jumeirah Hotel (Riverside -LEASEHOLD) (under planning)
2nd tier coolest probably includes:

Banyan Tree Residences + Banyan Tree Hotel (Sathorn - LEASEHOLD)

Renaissance Residences + Renaissance Hotel (Rajadamri - LEASEHOLD)

Hansar Residences + Hansar Hotel (Rajadamri - LEASEHOLD)

Fraser Residences & Serviced Apartments (Sathorn - FREEHOLD)

Ascott Residences & Serviced Apartments (Sathorn - 50 year LEASEHOLD)

Movenpick Residences + Movenpick Hotel (Phayathai - FREEHOLD) (under sales process)

Regent Residences + Regent Hotel (Sukhumvit - FREEHOLD) (IF it ever wakes up again)

any others I missed??
you can add the Langham Hotel & Residences developed by Tanayong group
Old July 19th, 2010, 07:02 AM   #299
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimoune View Post
if it can really guarantee 99years it is fine. as you all mention, it is the same in most places in the world. however, tell me how legally you can register a 99-yres lease, how the mortgage plays any role in that?
if you see the sales contracts and talk to the sales lady at the show room I think it will be clear
Old July 19th, 2010, 07:04 AM   #300
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimoune View Post
you can add the Langham Hotel & Residences developed by Tanayong group
oh yeah, forgot about that one...will add it....thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags