185 Rajadamri, 36 Storey : Ratchadamri - Page 16 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Thai Forum > New Highrise developments

New Highrise developments Come see whats on the rise in this capital

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 19th, 2010, 07:14 AM   #301
Speed

Likes (Received): 510

I really like 185 Rajadamri, its freehold and in prime prime location of Rajadamri Road, but its a plain condo (no hotel or brand etc.) ...for that super prime location, I thought they would have supercharged the building?...
just FYI, for branded residences with great services (and central locations) in Bangkok...in 2012 -2014 (revised list),

the top coolest residences could be (in no particular order):

The Sukhothai Residences + Sukhothai Hotel adjacent (Sathorn- FREEHOLD)

The Ritz-Carlton Residences + Edition Hotel lower floors (Sathorn - 99 yr LEASEHOLD)

The St. Regis Residences + St Regis Hotel lower floors (Rajadamri - 30 yr LEASEHOLD)

The River Residences + XXXXX Hotel in north tower (Riverside- FREEHOLD)

The Oriental Residences + Serviced Apts (Wireless - 30 year LEASEHOLD)

The Capella Residences + Capella Hotel (Riverside - LEASEHOLD) (under planning)

The Jumeirah Residences + Jumeirah Hotel (Riverside -LEASEHOLD) (under planning)
2nd tier coolest probably includes:

Banyan Tree Residences + Banyan Tree Hotel (Sathorn - LEASEHOLD)

Renaissance Residences + Renaissance Hotel (Rajadamri - LEASEHOLD)

Hansar Residences + Hansar Hotel (Rajadamri - LEASEHOLD)

Fraser Residences & Serviced Apartments (Sathorn - FREEHOLD)

Ascott Residences & Serviced Apartments (Sathorn - 50 year LEASEHOLD)

Movenpick Residences + Movenpick Hotel (Phayathai - FREEHOLD) (under sales process)

Langham Residences + Langham Hotel (Sukhumvit - FREEHOLD) (under sales process)

Regent Residences + Regent Hotel (Sukhumvit - FREEHOLD) (IF it ever wakes up again)
Speed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2010, 09:49 AM   #302
prosperity

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
I really like 185 Rajadamri, its freehold and in prime prime location of Rajadamri Road, but its a plain condo (no hotel or brand etc.) ...for that super prime location, I thought they would have supercharged the building?...
On the other hand, 185 will feel more of a private residence - less of a commercial one.
prosperity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #303
Speed

well for top branded residences, they are very private and exclusive...(separate entrances, elevators, lobbies, pools, facilties etc.)

but at the same time have all the services, conveniences and privileges of a luxury hotel....like restaurants, cafes, functioning business centers and lounges, staffed meeting rooms, room service at 4AM, concierge, cleaning at any time (if needed), party planning and catering, handy man or engineer at any time, bell hop, babysitter, flowers, messenger, driver, parking valet etc. that people at those price levels come to expect in an super central urban home (without private staff sitting around doing nothing most of the time)...

thats why its a bit of mystery why developer didnt plan a supercharged mixed use property on that last big piece of freehold land....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #304
mudman

Likes (Received): 3

Well part of it is that the 185 Rajadamri project has been planned & designed too long ago, at that time no real competitors like RitzCarlton exists...so sad its too late now.

Productwise Ritz wins, losing slightly due to location & being leasehold.

In 185, I don't know why they have those huge columns sitting in the corner blocking views or sharing only 4 elevators for the both wings(whole entire building)...room layouts are quite horrible most of them are very narrowed/deep & have very little glass frontage.
mudman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #305
The Lizzard King

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudman View Post
Well part of it is that the 185 Rajadamri project has been planned & designed too long ago, at that time no real competitors like RitzCarlton exists...so sad its too late now.

In 185, I don't know why they have those huge columns sitting in the corner blocking views or sharing only 4 elevators for the both wings(whole entire building)...room layouts are quite horrible most of them are very narrowed/deep & have very little glass frontage.

Took the words out of my mouth, totally agree...

I wish someone from Raimonland could explain...
The Lizzard King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #306
kido846

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
if you see the sales contracts and talk to the sales lady at the show room I think it will be clear

From Mahanakorn Thread

Pace is offering three 30-year term leaseholds plus an additional contract for the remaining nine years. Only the first 30-year term is enforceable under Thai law, but Pace says it is reinforcing the contractual obligation for the remaining period by working in mortgages.

Mr Sorapoj said that offering the property mortgage to buyers means that if his company does not renew the lease after the first 30-year period expires, the buyer could enforce the mortgage and become the owner.

Now I am more confused. Can you please explain how it works?
It seems that the owner need to put in more money at at 30 years, 60 years, and 90 years.

Last edited by kido846; July 19th, 2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: add more text
kido846 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 08:01 PM   #307
Speed

no, your up front payment at the beginning pays for all 99 years....there are no more payments...its like you bought the whole lease term

but expect yearly maintenance fees (just like a freehold condo) and probably payment of government lease registration fee at the end of 30, 60, 90 years....but thats normal IMO....

in my opinion, thats a better deal than St Regis where you pay for only 30 years and you're out....

(in 15 years time if you wanna sell St Regis unit and there is only 15 years left, the selling price will be low....but in MahaNakorn and you wanna sell, there is still 84 years left, selling price is great!)

lets not talk anymore about "Mahanakorn" in "185 Rajadamri" thread....
Old July 19th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #308
Haukom

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:

185 is not perfect but it's not that bad. The room layout is ok. Only 1 bed-unit has a bit narrow glass frontage (8 meters for 70 sqm room, is that not enough?). Other room types have really wide glass curtain walls.

There is a few thing I don't like about 185. It could have had a private lift lobby for each unit. I don't like the corner supporting poles as well.

However, 185's super prime location is the main selling point and its specifications are as good as Sukhothai and Mahanaknon.

There is nothing perfect in this world
Haukom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #309
Speed

Quote:

well, not an excuse in my opinion..... the 185 Rajadamri was soft launched long ago (December 2008) with model and floor plans...then they cancelled for basically more than 1 year and lots of buyers asked for deposit back....now they are soft launching again only now...

plenty of time in-between to redesign (amend construction permits, amend EIA, bring in hotel manager) if on the ball in my opinion....better to optimize design for longer term returns plus insert mix-use components (hotel/retail) for money making prospects (especially during current recession downturn) than to rush on this last piece of super prime Rajadamri freehold land (no landlords to deal with)....

but all of the foregoing assumes the developer is not under pressure for immediate cash flows (versus optimizing longer term prospects)....
Old July 19th, 2010, 08:25 PM   #310
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukom View Post
Thanks for a good comment, Speed.

It's true that some corner units on the left side of the building will have narrow view of Lumpini park because of Baan rajadamri.

However, Salespersons told me that there is no room on the west wing which is blocked by Bann Rajadamri. According to the floor plan, the architect skips all the room on that side. Only corridors face Baan Rajadamri directly.

I guess one has to live with Baan Rajadamri standing right in front....BUT
to be honest, the four elevator doors and narrow hallways are designs more like a university dormatory where I lived in my freshy year....not a top luxury residence....whats up with dat?!?

the private elevator lobbies for each unit at the freehold Sukhothai Residences (in very large green land around Sukhothai Hotel compound) really kicks butt on this aspect.....plus the huge pool and tennis court and floating pavilions etc. on land at the Sukhothai versus normal Sansiri-like facilities within the 185 building

in any event, the location of freehold 185 Rajadamri units overlooking Royal Sports Club is very special and rare......

Last edited by Speed; July 19th, 2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old July 19th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #311
Haukom

Quote:
to be honest, the four elevator doors and narrow hallways are designs more like a university dormatory where I lived in my freshy year....not a top luxury residence?.
in any event, the location of freehold 185 Rajadamri units overlooking Royal Sports Club is very special and rare......
Agee & agree
I think they designed the long hallway like that because they tried to maximize the length of frontage that face directly to Royal sport club. However, that can be a double-edged sword.

Last edited by Haukom; July 19th, 2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old July 20th, 2010, 04:11 AM   #312
mudman

Likes (Received): 3

Yep, that's true 185 facilities aren't that great and those damn narrow hallway's like Speed mentioned, I don't know if I can drag my suitcase through the corners without hitting it, passing all other peoples door walking ~50meters until I get to my corner unit(if I had one) and on the way what if someone just came out of his/her room? Probably end up having to walk over them...

Looking at it's specification sheet's & bathroom fitting brands, still way below Mahanakorn & Saladaeng Res...Okay maybe as good or slightly under Sukhothai Res.

I know nothing's perfect...but with all that time between folding & re-launching why didn't they put any effort to bring in/create something new or make it look like unique special awesome jar dropping condo?
mudman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:21 AM   #313
Zimoune
Zimoune

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
if you see the sales contracts and talk to the sales lady at the show room I think it will be clear
i am dying to see it ....
Zimoune no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #314
The Lizzard King

Likes (Received): 121

I just feel really bad for the land plot and location for not getting wwhat is deserves.Making me wish other developer was the owner, maybe PACE
or someone with that attitude, seems like Raimon were thinking like Sansiri, which is the buttom line in the numbers and not think about the buyers like PACE and Sukothai, i guess thats what happenes when a listed company is the developer, they need to show numbers for the investors and very quick, not thinking lonmg term.

Damn, i wish some one else would develop this plot...

Raimonland had enough time to change it and make it better.

Quote:
well, not an excuse in my opinion..... the 185 Rajadamri was soft launched long ago (December 2008) with model and floor plans...then they cancelled for basically more than 1 year and lots of buyers asked for deposit back....now they are soft launching again only now...

plenty of time in-between to redesign (amend construction permits, amend EIA, bring in hotel manager) if on the ball in my opinion....better to optimize design for longer term returns plus insert mix-use components (hotel/retail) for money making prospects (especially during current recession downturn) than to rush on this last piece of super prime Rajadamri freehold land (no landlords to deal with)....

but all of the foregoing assumes the developer is not under pressure for immediate cash flows (versus optimizing longer term prospects)....
The Lizzard King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #315
Haukom

I wish I were the CEO of Raimon Land. I will definitely change the design of that corridor and lift lobby for sure.

By the way, let's see some good design aspects of 185.
The lobby's height is super high, equal to 6-7th floor of the building.
It might be the highest one among all condos in BKK.

Last edited by Haukom; July 20th, 2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old July 20th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #316
Speed

thanks for that contribution Haukom!!...very nice tall lobby zone

space itself is a luxury in a dense urban zone

Last edited by Speed; July 20th, 2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old July 20th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #317
Speed

185 RAJADAMRI ...(only 4 elevators with narrow halls)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukom View Post

THE SUKHOTHAI RESIDENCES next to THE SUKHOTHAI HOTEL...(12 elevators with private lift lobby for EACH unit)

3 storey high lobby zone with three water features (plus giant pool and floating pavilion)

Last edited by Speed; July 20th, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old July 20th, 2010, 08:30 PM   #318
Haukom

Great facilities at the Sukhothai Res.
I like the 50 m lap pool.

185's facilities are on the 7th floor.
it's really good but not as great as the Sukhothai Res.

Last edited by Haukom; July 20th, 2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:38 AM   #319
Speed

very nice facilities on 7th floor of 185 Rajadamri

however, at Sukhothai Residences, all facilities are spread out over the land, which feels much more luuuuux and resort-like....

in addition, to have fair comparison, dont forget that at freehold Sukhothai Residences, there is also the connected larger grounds of Sukhothai Hotel and all of the hotel facilities (huge pool and gym, restaurants (plus room service) and bars and gardens and relax Spa Botanica) which residents can also use on priviileged basis with Sukhothai residence member card

Old July 21st, 2010, 10:06 AM   #320
Haukom

WOW, The swimming pool of Sukhothai Hotel is really huge.

Sukhothai Res - The best facilities
Mahanakhon - The best building
185 Rajadamri - The best location

So sad..........have to buy them all to get the perfect residence. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bangkok, thailand