[trip relation] Droga Japonia / Dear Japan - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > East Asia > Japan Forum 日本フォーラム > Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真

Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真 Pictures & Video of Japan / 都市の景観・自然 写真とビデオ

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 5.00 average.
Old October 10th, 2011, 02:08 AM   #21
kaspric
and we flew away

Likes (Received): 3697

it's about 2500$, but it can be much more or much less, depends on You.
- flight -900$ - flight prices depend on your homeland wealth, so it can be not possible to find so cheap flight in Netherlands
- no entry/visa charge for me (Poland has non-visa agreement with Japan)
- Japan Rail Pass for 2 weeks - 600$. If you go only to one area you can buy cheaper pass, like JR East pass.
- other transportation charges (Skyliner, 3 Tokyo Metro passes, regular tickets) - about 100$
- entry charges (like Mori Tower, Landmark Tower) - about 60$, but I'm not a person going to museums, I prefer urban scapes.
- accomodation - about 250-300$, but I took hotels only at 5 nights, 'cause I slept in japanese houses too. At the other side I took hotel (APA hotels - I reccomend it!), not hostel, so it was for 4300Y (55$) and so cheap only because I reserved it in japanese site. You can find hostels for 2000Y (f.e. in Asakusa).
- gifts for japanese hosts - 80$ :-)
- food, drinks etc. - I spend about 1500-2000Y (20-25$) per day, but I didn't eat too much and didn't go to clubs
- there are some other fees like coin lockers etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Those are NihonKittys lol
Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to show you to the world . Do you wanna me to delete this one?

24. Some more views at the park.

kaspric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2011, 02:10 AM   #22
kaspric
and we flew away

29. And the other side taken from the same place as above, nice contrast.
Old October 10th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #23
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1236

Thank you kaspric. I think you spent wisely during your trip in Japan. 1600$ excluding the airplane fares in 2 weeks it's truly impressive. Japan isn't cheap. Good job there mate.

I want to go next summer if the yen could weaken against the euro. Otherwise I'll stay home :/. I want to spend a full month there =).
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #24
kaspric
and we flew away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiwind1184 View Post
Thank you kaspric. I think you spent wisely during your trip in Japan. 1600$ excluding the airplane fares in 2 weeks it's truly impressive. Japan isn't cheap. Good job there mate.
You're welcome. What do you mean "wisely"? You mean "impressive" = "not so much" or "you spent a lot of money"?;-)
Honestly I didn't had a limit and didn't think how much would I spend. It was enough for me and I took every attraction I wanted to take. And I didn't plan many things, my trip was one big improvisation thanks to JRPass. One evening I changed plan for next morning - I wanted to go to Hachinohe... but I went to Himeji. The last day I was in Tokyo, it started to rain, so I thought "why not to go to Hachinohe?". So I went to Hachinohe, about 700km :-)

Quote:
I want to go next summer if the yen could weaken against the euro. Otherwise I'll stay home :/. I want to spend a full month there =).
Be careful about summer, Tokyo in August is mega hot. Next time I'll choose Autumn or Spring I think.

30. Skyscrapers of Chiyoda district in background (around JR Tokyo station and Otemachi subway station)

31. I was going to the North, around Nijubashi-Mae subway station.

32. Hibiya Park adhere to the gardens of Imperial Palace. It's historical residence, so we've got a moat here.
Old October 10th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #25
kaspric
and we flew away

33. The moat to the left...

34. and busy city to the right

35. Buildings near Nagatacho subway station in background
Old October 10th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #26
kaspric
and we flew away

39. I was going to the West, to Imperial Palace. And that time I saw her for the first time, majestatically emerging behind Hibita Park and skyscrapers around.

It's hard to say what you feel when you see such object, known from many pictures, movies, for the first time. My heart was beating very strong :-)
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #27
kaspric
and we flew away

40. The other shot to the street, in background Tokaido Shinkansen line.

42. Going to the Imperial Palace. Kokyogaien is a public garden beetwen exterior and interior moats.. I noticed it's very popular place for jogging.

43. The street crossing Kokyogaien
Old October 11th, 2011, 01:00 AM   #28
kaspric
and we flew away

45. The other view of Tokyo Tower

46. And we're here, in Emperor's gates. Look to the South.
Old October 11th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #29
kaspric
and we flew away

47. And famous bridge to the palace - normal people can't go across ;-)

48. Just a look for Chiyoda downtown near Otemachi station.

Old October 11th, 2011, 01:05 AM   #30
kaspric
and we flew away

50. You are allowed to sleep in public places in Japan. Why didn't I know it earlier? It's cool.

After this shot I went to Nijubashi-Mae to go to Monzen-Nakacho. I had to sleep again, 'cause I had terrible jet-lag. Tomorrow and after tomorrow it will be more interesting :-).
We're going to Asakusa, see Sky Tree, some words about metro, panda bears in Ueno ZOO.
Old October 11th, 2011, 01:35 AM   #31
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1236

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspric View Post
You're welcome. What do you mean "wisely"? You mean "impressive" = "not so much" or "you spent a lot of money"?;-)
Honestly I didn't had a limit and didn't think how much would I spend. It was enough for me and I took every attraction I wanted to take. And I didn't plan many things, my trip was one big improvisation thanks to JRPass. One evening I changed plan for next morning - I wanted to go to Hachinohe... but I went to Himeji. The last day I was in Tokyo, it started to rain, so I thought "why not to go to Hachinohe?". So I went to Hachinohe, about 700km :-)

Be careful about summer, Tokyo in August is mega hot. Next time I'll choose Autumn or Spring I think.
Wisely = Impressive = Not so much .
Because i had to spend double that when i was in Korea. And you know Korea is relatively cheaper than Japan. So you calculate ^_^.

Currently with my studies program i dont have any large vacation besides summer. July/ August it's the only possible way to spend some time in dear Japan. Although I'm keeping an eye for an exchange program in Osaka in year 2013/2014 =). Then it would be perfect for me if i make it.

...and your photos are truly impressive . Good photographer. Thank you Kaspric =).
Old October 11th, 2011, 05:55 AM   #32
ukiyo
スーパーモデレーターSuper Moderator

Likes (Received): 16549

kaspric does Tokyo have more trees than you thought? Of course tokyo is a big city with little trees compares to small cities, but I think most people think Tokyo has no trees at all.
ukiyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #33
kaspric
and we flew away

Quote:
kaspric does Tokyo have more trees than you thought? Of course tokyo is a big city with little trees compares to small cities, but I think most people think Tokyo has no trees at all.
I don't think so! I mean I was interested in Japan years before my trip, so I knew many myths are untruth. In fact Tokyo is not so green as Osaka f.e., but it's absolutely enough and in my opinion Tokyo is a city to live in. Yeah, it's huge, I didn't like Shibuya or Shinjuku so much (too many tourists ;-), but non tourist districts like Kiba, Monzen Nakacho, were so cool, after some days I felt them like home places!
Sometimes there are no trees, like in Asakusa, but I didn't feel bad there.

Quote:
Wisely = Impressive = Not so much .
Because i had to spend double that when i was in Korea. And you know Korea is relatively cheaper than Japan. So you calculate ^_^.
I think it's a myth. Of course, Japan is not cheap, but it's not so expensive as everyone thinks. Of course, transportation is super expensive, but 600Y for Ramen, 1000Y for Landmark Tower, 62Y for GariGarikun icecream - is it very expensive? As I said, I didn't watch at how much I spent, but of course, for example, if I didn't have JRPass, I would pay for rails about 105000Y, with JRP I paid 45100, the same with metro passes etc. If you plan some things it won't be so much expensive.

Quote:
...and your photos are truly impressive . Good photographer. Thank you Kaspric =).
I'm not so good, there will be worse pics in this thread. And I don't like postprocessing, so sometimes pics are crooked ;-)
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #34
Jakub
3D

Quote:
Of course tokyo is a big city with little trees compares to small cities, but I think most people think Tokyo has no trees at all.
Typology, density and situation are vital. In Europe aside from parks they usually plant trees within a courtyards and along streets. If you take a look at Berlin from above it is almost a jungle, though on the street level the trees are only the single pieces of nature so I think that open spaces are important as well. Tokyo has vast parks and I'm happy Tokyo plant more trees and is going to be greener. The spaces like an open bay area and wide green windways along the rivers are considerable too.
Jakub no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #35
ukiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspric View Post
I don't think so! I mean I was interested in Japan years before my trip, so I knew many myths are untruth. In fact Tokyo is not so green as Osaka f.e., but it's absolutely enough and in my opinion Tokyo is a city to live in. Yeah, it's huge, I didn't like Shibuya or Shinjuku so much (too many tourists ;-), but non tourist districts like Kiba, Monzen Nakacho, were so cool, after some days I felt them like home places!
Sometimes there are no trees, like in Asakusa, but I didn't feel bad there.
I'm asking because here in the US everybody thinks that Japan is all concrete and parks and trees don't exist or something, maybe europe doesn't have the same stereotype. Frankly, Tokyo has more roadside trees than NYC (I don't know about total park space though), at least that was my impression when I went to NY 2 months ago.
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:34 AM   #36
kaspric
and we flew away

Quote:
I'm asking because here in the US everybody thinks that Japan is all concrete and parks and trees don't exist or something, maybe europe doesn't have the same stereotype. Frankly, Tokyo has more roadside trees than NYC (I don't know about total park space though), at least that was my impression when I went to NY 2 months ago.
I think we have this stereotype too. Japan is one-concrete-city, and every Japanese people only plays Nintendo in subway ;-). I didn't think like that, but some people were warning me ;-). I was a little suprised, that most people in metro... read books.
Oh and everyone thinks that all Japanese people speak English perfect - you know how it is ;-)
Old October 12th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #37
kaspric
and we flew away

52. Just after leaving Asakusa subway station. A Blast of hot air was very strong...

53. The gate of Nakamise Dori, traditional market street to the Sensoji temple(gdzie trafimy nieco później)

54. Look behind - here it is!

Last edited by kaspric; October 12th, 2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old October 12th, 2011, 01:35 AM   #38
kaspric
and we flew away

55. Bikes! How they are popular in Japan I was able to feel that in Tokio, but it's nothing to what I would see in Kobe and Osaka some days later.

56. 35 degrees and hot sun. Watchman staying ahead to the gate of a building site... wow, he was standing like that all day.

57. Thanks God for Starbucks. First day I couldn't find myself in japanese bars, so it was my breakfast. Next days I turned it 180 degrees... I loved japanese food ;-)
Old October 12th, 2011, 01:40 AM   #39
kaspric
and we flew away

58. Window of Starbucks was so good observation point :-)

60. I really liked this installation keeping shape of the building.

Next will be Sensoji temple, but I'll show it tomorrow.
Old October 12th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #40
ukiyo

Did you eat yakiniku, shabu shabu or sukiyaki? Did you go to an Izakaya?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: