Kansai 関西 (Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, Nara, Mie, etc 大阪・京都・神戸・奈良・三重・など) - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > East Asia > Japan Forum 日本フォーラム > Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真

Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真 Pictures & Video of Japan / 都市の景観・自然 写真とビデオ

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 5.00 average.
Old October 1st, 2004, 07:43 AM   #61
AlexLinares

Likes (Received):

nice comments jhon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2004, 07:44 AM   #62
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLinares
nice comments jhon!

thanks brother !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2004, 04:16 PM   #63
Marco Bruno
Les cites obscures

Likes (Received): 3631

Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2004, 04:23 PM   #64
Marco Bruno
Les cites obscures

Likes (Received): 3631

Old October 10th, 2004, 03:24 PM   #65
GUTO4EVER

Likes (Received): 0

Wow Kobe is so impressive than Tokyo...
GUTO4EVER no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2004, 03:26 PM   #66
GUTO4EVER

Huge city... Very modern... Buildings looks so great...
GUTO4EVER no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2004, 09:02 AM   #67
elee

Another Kobe photo!
elee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2004, 09:21 PM   #68
dom

Likes (Received): 10

Newsflash!

Marui's new deparment store in front of Takashimaya will be open in Autumn 2006 and looking from the render on the pdf file in the company report, it will be around 10 storeys high, and top out at around 200 feet tall.

The Laurel and Rennaisa Namba towers are now on about 24 and 20 storeys high respectively....they are adding about 1 floor every 7-10 days.

I expect them to top out early next year.

I will post some renders and photos of the towers u/c asap.

Last edited by dom; October 22nd, 2004 at 09:47 PM.
dom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2004, 10:57 PM   #69
dom

Here's a run down of all the towers in Osaka over 100 metres which are under construction or very recently completed, with photos. Data courtesy of Skyscraperpage.com and http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~building-pc/oosaka. The latter website has all the skyscraper projects in Japan which are under construction. An invaluable resource for the Japan forum!!!!

All the other photos are taken off the respective tower's publicity websites or scoured from the nether regions of the internet.

OSAKA'S New Towers over 100 metres.

In height order.

========================================================

1. X-Tower Osaka Bay クロスタワー大阪ベイ
1-3-1 Bentencho, Minato-ku
Osaka KK Japan

I haven't been to the site yet and I haven't seen this starting construction yet. However a website I have found shows it under construction. This is a very tall tower and will look good with the ORC 200 and ORC 160 towers, creating a cluster at Bentencho. I guess from the photo ground work is underway for this one, should see some real activity by the end of the year.

Started: 2004
Finished: 2006
Floor Count: 54
Floor Area: 81,026 m²
Height - 200.4m/657ft

2. KEPCO Headquarters 新関電ビル
3-1 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku
Osaka KK Japan

A brand spanking new hq for the Kansai Electric Power Company. This building is topped out and practically complete. They are doing the internal fittings at the moment. It is lit up almost all the way to the top. A whopper of a skyscraper. Set to be a very impressive addition to the Osaka Umeda skyline when it is fully lit. The finish is brown marble, they haven't spared any expense with this one.

Started: 2000
Finished: Oct 2004
Floor Count: 41
Height - 195.0m/640ft

3. City Tower Osaka シティタワー大阪
1 Kawaramachi, Chuo-ku
Osaka KK Japan

This is a very tall and slender residential tower which has just been completed near Honmatchi-Sakaisuji. It is currently the tallest residential tower in west Japan. It fits in nicely with the cluster, which includes the Resona Bank headquarters and the Kinokuniya Tower. It is lit up tastefully at night and is an asset to the skyline of Osaka with its identifiable green and white alternate horizontal striping.

Finished: June 2004
Floor Count: 50
Height - 170.0m/558ft

=======================================================

4. HERBIS ENT Tower ハービス・エント・オフィスタワー
2-2-22 Umeda, Kita-ku
Osaka KK Japan

This tower has taken an age to build, but has been worth the wait. It opens next month. An extension to the HERBIS complex in Umeda, it is supposed to resemble the design of the Ritz Carlton Hotel. It succeeds admirably with its 'hat'-like stainless steel curving roof, complimenting the 3 'hats' on the top of the Ritz Carlton.

Started: 2001
Finished: Nov 2004
Floor Count: 28
Basement Floors: 4
Height - 155.8m/511ft

5. The Umeda Tower 田駅 ィタワ
Tsurunocho, Kita-ku
Osaka KK Japan

Currently under construction, the last time I saw it the other week the builders had reached about 25 floors. I am not completely sure about the colour scheme on this one but I am keeping my fingers crossed. It should be topped out early next year. It is located to the East of the Umeda main cluster of buildings.

Started: 2003
Finished: 2005
Floor Count: 43
Basement Floors: 1
Floor Area: 52,903 m²
Height - 148.4m/487ft

6. Sumitomo Seimei Nakanoshima Building 住友生命中之島ビル
2-2 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku
Osaka KK Japan

This will be the new headquarters of Sumitomo Life Insurance. Part of the still mighty Sumitomo keiretsu; a trading house from Osaka, this will join the other Sumitomo offices on the Nakanoshima waterfront. They are taking their time over this one. Don't be fooled by the render, this is a heavyweight tower and is far bigger than it appears on it. The area around here is starting to feel a bit like Chicago with all the tall buildings and the rivers transversing them.

Started: 2002
Finished: Sept 2005
Basement Floors: 2
Floor Area: 73,865 m²
Height - 141.6m/465ft

7. Abeno Grand Tour Earth Tower

Another ridiculous, but hilarious name! I love Japlish...it keeps me going through any dark times during my stay here in Japan.

This was recently finished, in the up and coming area of Tennoji. It is quite uninspiring residential tower but significantly bulks up this seemingly continuously growing cluster. Tennoji is about a mile south of Namba and a big railway/office hub. It is the heart of working class Osaka, and all the more interesting for it. I have been up an adjacent tower to this and these are the best views to be had of Osaka in my opinion.

Floor count: 40
Height: 144.07m/472ft

8. Renaissa Namba Tower ルネッサなんばタワー
2-2 Minatomachi, Naniwa-ku
Osaka KK Japan

Serious Japanese efficiency going on here. The rate that this tower has been rising is phenomenal. Japan Inc. at its best. It is on floor 22 presently and has 2 massive red cranes attached to it. It already looks huge and will look more so when it is complete. This is part of the JR Namba redevelopment which will quickly transform the this area from a neglected backwater to an integral part of the Namba scene. This looks better in the renders than the Laurel Tower and is highly promising.

Here is a render of the Renaissa tower on the immediate left, OCAT straight ahead and the rest of the build area in the JR Namba redevelopment.

Started: Jan 2004
Floor Count: 38
Floor Area: 38,104 m²
Height - 138.2 m

9. Laurel Tower Namba ローレルタワー難波
1-2 Minatomachi, Naniwa-ku
Osaka KK Japan

Another Japan Inc. job. This one has been rising even faster than the Rennaissa Tower. Close to a floor a week. Phenomenal. The floorplates on this tower are huge, it is very wide and gives a real feeling of being a true skyscraper when you look up at it. It is currently 25 floors high and will look awesome at full height.

I am a little worried about the finish on this one. That said the Lions Mansion Tower which was built recently looked awful until just before the end when they put the cladding on. And that was built by Kajima too. How the glass and stainless steel balconies are executed on this tower will determine whether it is an aesthetic success or not. It could be very impressive.

View from the top!

A overview of the JR Namba development. From the air.

Start; Jan 2004
Floor Count: 39
Floor Area: 50,731 m²
Height - 133.4m/437ft

=========================================================

10. VIEQU Osaka - Sky Walker

Great name again! The Japanese outdo even themselves, they really do! You have just gotta love the name 'Sky Walker.'

'Where do you live?'
'Oh, the Sky Walker...'
'But of course!'

This tower, another luxury residential has just been started. It looks okay, nothing special, but further bulks up the Umeda/Nakanoshima area. The views from the apartments will be spectacular when it is completed, in 2006.

Start Construction: Sept 2004
Finish Construction: Aug 2006
Floor Count: 35
Height: 124.4m/408ft

11. Super Inn Osaka.

A New Tower near Kyobashi. Looks good. I tried to translate the katakana and this is the name I came up with! I like the orange colour. I hope that they don't place it too near to Osaka-Jo however as it could seriously clash. This will bulk up the impressive cluster in Osaka Business Park.

Start Construction: May 2004
Finish Construction: Jan 2006

12. Osaka Park Tower

There aren't any Parks which are worthy of the name near this new residential block but the name sticks. This is a new 35 floor residential tower that is u/c about 400 metres South East of the new KEPCO building.

Start Construction:
Finish Construction: 2008
Floor Count: 35
Height: 122.44m/402ft

13. Osaka Mercantile Exchange Tower - New Building

Here is the rather nice design of the new Osaka Mercantile Exchange. This is currently battling it out with the Tokyo International Financial Futures Exchange (TIFFE) for supremacy. Well if you go by buildings, this one knocks the Tokyo Stock Exchange for six. It is very impressive and the building has been finished to a high standard.

The Osaka Mercantile Exchange itself was established on October 1,1997, after a merger of Osaka Textile Exchange and The Kobe Rubber Exchange.

The origins of the OME date to 1893 when the Osaka Yarn & Cotton Exchange was established, being followed by the birth of The Kobe Rubber Exchange in 1951.

Start Construction: May 2002
Finish Construction: Dec 2004
Floor Count: 24
Floor space: 53,932㎡/500,000 sq ft.
Height: 116.79m/383ft

14. Fresh Temmachi Tower

This is nearly topped out and is being built near Uenohommachi. In a very good location. I'll reserve judgement on the finish until the tower is fully completed however. It looks pretty nondescript at the mo.

Start Construction: May 2002
Finish Construction: Mar 2005
Height: 106m/347ft

15. Sanctus Grande Tower Shinsaibashi

This is being constructed right next to the Lions Mansion residential Tower which was only just completed a few months ago. Its multicoloured, which I am all in favour of....Osaka certainly needs more colour...any is welcomed with open arms.

Start Construction: June 2004
Finish Construction: June 2006
Floor Count: 33
Height: 105.5m/346ft

16. ISIZE Tower, Shinsaibashi

Yet another tower being built in Shinsaibashi. This one looks as though it could really be quite attractive if it is finished well. This again, is very close to the Lions Mansion Tower and the Sanctus Tower. This area of Osaka will be quite built up in the coming years and has a lot of potential.

Start Construction: April 2004
Finish Construction: Jan 2006
Floor Count: 32
Height: 101m/331ft

17. Hilton Annexe

This is a very classy piece of work and one of my favourite new buildings in Osaka. It took an age to build, it was topped out last November! But you can see why. It opens next month and the only downer is that it has a huge new Louis Vuitton store (groan). The whole building however (including the LV store) is beautifully built however and is stunning at night. A great tower.

Start Construction: July 2002
Finish Construction: Nov 2004
Floor space: 44,000m2
Floor Count: 20
Height: 100m/330ft

PROJECTS

1. Nakanoshima Development Project 阪大病院跡地B街区

Details are a quite comprehensive for this new tower...just no design or architect yet... this is what I've dug up so far....it looks like being a biggie however

Start Construction: June 2005
Finish Construction: May 2008
Floor count: 52
Floor Area: 69,784m2/700,000 sq ft
Height: 185m/606ft

2. Osaka Sankei Building

A tasty looking tower this one. As tall as the Umeda Sky Building and nearly as good looking. It will be located near the Ritz-Carlton, the Hilton Annexe and the Hilton Hotel in Umeda.

This is a lovely design and should spruce up the area well, complimenting the Hilton Annexe glass tower and contrasting against the stone finishes of the HERBIS towers. It will also have a concert hall...just what Umeda needs...it is far too much work and no play at the moment. This building will really improve the city.

This model gives you an idea of where this new cultural complex will be located...

Start Construction: Aug 2005
Finish Construction: 2008
Floor Count: 30-32, can't tell from render.
Cost: 200 billion yen
Height: 170m/558ft

3. GATE Tower mk II.

The other 'Gate Tower' in Izumisano...opposite Kansai International Airport that was planned in 1993. I don't care if skyscrapers.com say that Izumisano is not Osaka.....this tower is in Osaka suburbia...no doubt about that. I wonder when it will get its twin?

Start Construction: ????
Finish Construction: ????
Floor Count: 50+
Height: 245m+/840ft+

I hope you enjoyed my post on Osaka's New Towers. After collating all these towers I am far more optimistic about my city's future than I was before. The real biggy for Osaka is the redevelopment of Osaka Station in Umeda. If this is done superbly, Osaka could be put on the international tourist map. I hope they pick something inspired for this.....they will only get one chance to make it good. I feel as though the city needs to focus development on Umeda and Namba....the impact of the business agglomerations shouldn't be diluted at all.

I will do another one on Osaka department stores in the next week or so.

Here's a couple of Nakanoshima and Umeda skylines along the river to finish.....

Last edited by dom; October 23rd, 2004 at 02:17 AM.
Old October 26th, 2004, 07:04 AM   #70
Vapour

Likes (Received): 43

Great compilation dom! Indeed Japan is experiencing a building boom, Tokyo is a huge construction site right now.

Last edited by Vapour; October 26th, 2004 at 07:09 AM.
Vapour no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2004, 10:33 AM   #71
Jeeeb

Likes (Received):

kool pics
Old October 28th, 2004, 02:42 AM   #72
Jose Luis
Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 51

amazing projects, congratulations
Jose Luis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2004, 10:47 PM   #73
jimm

Likes (Received): 1

Nice Osaka, as always
jimm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2004, 06:06 PM   #74
Kaneda

Likes (Received): 57

Amazing, there are some really cool towers among!
Kaneda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2004, 06:26 AM   #75
lostgaijin

Likes (Received):

lost gaijin

i love this site and the pics...ah.. I miss the big city. Im stuck in wakayama now and all i do is use the net and dreams of other places in japan i would be better off spending my time. tallest building ive seen is a love hotel...lol i did make a site about life in japan lostgaijin and was glad to come across another site that wasnt looser vill like so many of the other forums...more power to ya.
Old November 8th, 2004, 05:51 PM   #76
Nick
Gosford/Sydney.

Likes (Received): 66

Nice work Dom.

I didnt realise Rinku tower was originally planned to be two towers.Very cool gateway to Kansai if it ever gets finished
Old November 8th, 2004, 10:24 PM   #77
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Likes (Received): 118

wow great job dom!

now that there are 3, a cluster is forming
RafflesCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2004, 05:25 PM   #78
dom

Yeah that should be a nice cluster in Bentencho. I wish they'd just group all the towers in Umeda however.

Imagine if Umeda had the Gate tower, those 3 and the WTC Cosmotower - It'd be a world class skyline if it had those 3 as well. A missed opportunity in my view.
Old November 11th, 2004, 06:05 PM   #79
gma

North yard
gma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2004, 04:48 PM   #80
gma

asashi kaikyo bridge
gma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links