Vidarbha pros and cons - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > West > West/Central India Projects > Maharashtra > Nagpur


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 6th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #61
chetan.thoke
Registered User
 
chetan.thoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NAGPUR/PUNE
Posts: 57
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by _GrapeWine_ View Post
It will make more sense if you also mention why you are not in favor of separate Vidarbha even after knowing all this..
The only reason is 'I cant trust any politician'.What's the guaranty that the leaders who are asking for seperate vidarbha state are commited to development and not doing it for their own higher posts.And if u r sayin we will have our own seperate budget,everyone knows where that budget goes.We have seen in case of chattisgarh, forget about naxali affected areas but even capital city of raipur hasnt been able to get on the track of devp. or hasn't been able to attract big investments.And vidarbha and chattisgarh faces many similar issues.They both have naxal affected areas,both lie at center of the nation having no sea ports,both rich in mineral wealth and forest still no devp.
Also what I feel is being connected with Mumbai the financial capital of India directly or indirectly will help Nagpur and the people of vidarbha as far as investments and trading prospects are concerned
chetan.thoke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 6th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #62
WorldVision
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 164
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan.thoke View Post
The only reason is 'I cant trust any politician'.What's the guaranty that the leaders who are asking for seperate vidarbha state are commited to development and not doing it for their own higher posts.And if u r sayin we will have our own seperate budget,everyone knows where that budget goes.We have seen in case of chattisgarh, forget about naxali affected areas but even capital city of raipur hasnt been able to get on the track of devp. or hasn't been able to attract big investments.And vidarbha and chattisgarh faces many similar issues.They both have naxal affected areas,both lie at center of the nation having no sea ports,both rich in mineral wealth and forest still no devp.
Also what I feel is being connected with Mumbai the financial capital of India directly or indirectly will help Nagpur and the people of vidarbha as far as investments and trading prospects are concerned
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan.thoke View Post
What's the guaranty that the leaders who are asking for separate vidarbha state are committed to development and not doing it for their own higher posts.
The above statement is exactly same as made by your British rulers in the past in pre-independence era. That time Britishers also asked whats the guarantee that the two major religions of India will stay together, and you know the result.

But here.....this separation of demand is not exactly same but the arguments which are done against this demand are same.

Govt in Delhi, should think of smaller states like Vidarbha, Telangana and some other such regions from much bigger states separating from their bigger parents. This is nothing to do with "what is guarantee that .....".

Point to note here that Vidarbha being part of Maharashtra since last 60 years or so has lost its development edge, name, status etc. This in itself is a guarantee that smaller regions like Vidarbha being part of bigger regions cannot prosper. This truth must be accepted by all, including Govt and people.

The arguments expressed in this thread against giving its share to Vidarbha I see it as discriminative, a judgement stated without prior proper knowledge and out of shear ignorance.

Grow up guys.
WorldVision no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #63
chetan.thoke
Registered User
 
chetan.thoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NAGPUR/PUNE
Posts: 57
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldVision View Post
The above statement is exactly same as made by your British rulers in the past in pre-independence era. That time Britishers also asked whats the guarantee that the two major religions of India will stay together, and you know the result.

But here.....this separation of demand is not exactly same but the arguments which are done against this demand are same.

Govt in Delhi, should think of smaller states like Vidarbha, Telangana and some other such regions from much bigger states separating from their bigger parents. This is nothing to do with "what is guarantee that .....".

Point to note here that Vidarbha being part of Maharashtra since last 60 years or so has lost its development edge, name, status etc. This in itself is a guarantee that smaller regions like Vidarbha being part of bigger regions cannot prosper. This truth must be accepted by all, including Govt and people.

The arguments expressed in this thread against giving its share to Vidarbha I see it as discriminative, a judgement stated without prior proper knowledge and out of shear ignorance.

Grow up guys.
No WorldVision you are misinterpreting what I want to say.I'm of course in favor of development of vidarbha as I'm born and brought up there only how could I discriminate it.Also I know there always has been injustice with Vidarbha.But see we are seeing some development slowly now.
I'm only concerned that after seperation it should not be just another state as I mentioned in case of chattisgarh.
chetan.thoke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #64
WorldVision
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 164
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan.thoke View Post
No WorldVision you are misinterpreting what I want to say.I'm of course in favor of development of vidarbha as I'm born and brought up there only how could I discriminate it.Also I know there always has been injustice with Vidarbha.But see we are seeing some development slowly now.
I'm only concerned that after seperation it should not be just another state as I mentioned in case of chattisgarh.
I understand your feelings. But I (even though, I do not live there, ) have no doubt that this region has many great personalities, they may be living there locally or migrated to other cities for employment/business purpose, but they can be rounded up if needed for a leadership purpose for Vidarbha.

I have seen change happening in India (especially if I look at the recent provincial elections), and it has proved that there are many great folks people have elected who can take the helm, rather than electing those traditional politicians.

I think its only matter of tapping those folks.

Chatisgarh could be just an exception.
WorldVision no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #65
_GrapeWine_
Registered User
 
_GrapeWine_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I.N.D.I.A
Posts: 1,648
Likes (Received): 404

Dr. Subramaniam Swamy supports creation of smaller states

Source TOI - Subramaniam Swamy to take up Air India muddle next
TNN | Mar 16, 2012, 02.39AM IST

Quote:
The Janata Party leader was in the city to support creation of smaller states like Vidarbha, and said that he saw no harm in increasing the number of states from the present 35 to 60. "Newer states like Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, and before that Haryana, demonstrated that administration can function better if a state is small. Peoples' aspirations of development can be met," he said.

Ruling out the need to set up another states reorganization commission, he said, "Wherever there is a valid demand for creation of a state, it should be considered."

Swamy, who recently joined the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA), saw strong possibility of midterm elections after the current budget session of Parliament. However, he found the chances of the emergence of an effective Third Front as an alternative to UPA and NDA as very dim.

He met pro-Vidarbha leaders like Deepak Nilawar of the Federation for Smaller States, to express his solidarity and offered legal support to it. He said that he would soon file a petition on the Telangana state issue in Supreme Court.
__________________
INDIA RisiNg...
flickr --- 500px

Last edited by _GrapeWine_; March 16th, 2012 at 11:33 AM.
_GrapeWine_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:36 AM   #66
radioactive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 56

radioactive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 09:20 AM   #67
radioactive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 56

radioactive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #68
_GrapeWine_
Registered User
 
_GrapeWine_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I.N.D.I.A
Posts: 1,648
Likes (Received): 404

Blue print! Interesting!
From Hitavada -

__________________
INDIA RisiNg...
flickr --- 500px
_GrapeWine_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #69
_GrapeWine_
Registered User
 
_GrapeWine_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I.N.D.I.A
Posts: 1,648
Likes (Received): 404

continued..

__________________
INDIA RisiNg...
flickr --- 500px
_GrapeWine_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #70
radioactive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 56

radioactive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #71
radioactive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 56

radioactive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #72
_GrapeWine_
Registered User
 
_GrapeWine_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I.N.D.I.A
Posts: 1,648
Likes (Received): 404

( I already posted it #68)

sub-state is a good concept. didn't know that before..
__________________
INDIA RisiNg...
flickr --- 500px

Last edited by _GrapeWine_; April 4th, 2012 at 10:05 AM.
_GrapeWine_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #73
radioactive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 56

radioactive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #74
_GrapeWine_
Registered User
 
_GrapeWine_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I.N.D.I.A
Posts: 1,648
Likes (Received): 404

Source - Hitavada

__________________
INDIA RisiNg...
flickr --- 500px
_GrapeWine_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2012, 06:27 AM   #75
radioactive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 56

radioactive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #76
WorldVision
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 164
Likes (Received): 0

Eight Point Balanced Economic Development Blueprint

Great to see the 8 point blueprint. I do not see this report though in other news media. Off course, this subject will be of no-interest to rest of the the so called Maharastra.

Do we have any one there with guts and power to publish this report in national news media like Time-of-India, Indian-express of India-Today?

I couldn't find it anywhere except the local Hitvada.

Year 2014 to be a crucial year for Vidarba. National Assembly polls are also going to be held the same year I heard.

Go Vidarba, it is now or NEVER.
WorldVision no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #77
radioactive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 434
Likes (Received): 56

Yes, it's like do or die. Do we have someone on our forum linked with media? OR can we guys do something if we come together?
radioactive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #78
_GrapeWine_
Registered User
 
_GrapeWine_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I.N.D.I.A
Posts: 1,648
Likes (Received): 404

If we decide to do something, yes we can. All Nagpur forumers, plz check your PMs
__________________
INDIA RisiNg...
flickr --- 500px
_GrapeWine_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #79
WorldVision
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 164
Likes (Received): 0

Absolutely great start GrapeWine. Thanks for the PMs....I have already replied to those.

LEts start something good for the region.
WorldVision no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #80
siddhant4u
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Posts: 275
Likes (Received): 19

I already manage a Vidarbha google group. Will send invite link to grapwine who can forward it to others. Although it has more than 20 members all are sleeping at the moment...
siddhant4u no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us