MIHAN Project - SEZ Update Thread - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > West > West/Central India Projects > Maharashtra > Nagpur

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 7th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #101
_GrapeWine_

Likes (Received): 404

some positive news! lets hope for good.

Boeing to start construction of MRO base in Nagpur by end of this year

Boeing along with Air India will set up its Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) base in Nagpur and undertake the ground breaking of the site by end of this year. Boeing is in the process of identifying the company which will construct the MRO and has invited the design patterns for the same. Ideally, the MRO will be constructed within two years and further three to six months to put in place the equipments and getting the necessary certifications from DGCA to start operations.

Dinesh Keskar, President, Boeing India said, “The MRO is partnered with Air India and will be constructed at the SEZ in Nagpur. The MRO will see an investment of USD 100 million and is likely to be operational in 30 to 36 months after ground breaking.”

The MRO will initially concentrate serving Air India clients and later look at countries beyond the SAARC region. “With India forecast looking positive, the MRO facility will cater to Indian airlines and later also tap other markets,” stated Keskar. Boeing forecasts that the Indian aviation market will require 1,150 commercial jets valued at approximately USD 130 billion over the next 20 years -- a market representing more than four per cent of Boeing Commercial Airplanes’ worldwide forecast.

source
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 7th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #102
shanware

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateenb View Post
This is really a question which needs to be asked now.With no interest shown by IT companies which are the primary target for SEZ, MIHAN is slowing moving towards that. Real estate projects won't help much. Since IT and other sectors which drive real estate and not the other way round... and with no 'real' leaders in Vidarbha, i afraid MIHAN will meet the same fate as other projects in Vidarbha.....
At least land is earmarked and there is some sort of a plan in place. The growth might not happen at the pace that we all want, but it will happen eventually.
shanware no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #103
nagpur2025

Likes (Received): 0

Wait....if you read Boeing's contract, placing MRO in Mihan was subject to Mihan having second runway.....and why second runway is not yet built? .....the land needed for it is still not being acquired....why?.....Govt dont want to pay the (negotiated) price to the farmers of those lands....go and see...whether the residents of Shivangaon have left/moved from their houses yet....no they are not....and they will not move from their till Govt pays the agreed compensation....and looks like Govt will not may them anything now (its been 8 years....according to the official documents, those farmers have been waiting....)

With this in mind....it is unlikely Boeing to start its MRO operations in Mihan.....other airports are rapidly expanding....any one of those can Boeing's MRO...for Boeing it doesn't matter where they are in India
nagpur2025 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #104
jateenb
Jateen

Likes (Received): 18

Also i heard that in Baramati they are planning a cargo Airport.. So what will happen to Nagpur if Baramati comes into picture???And all know who will be backing Baramati...

We elect totally nonsense leaders who's only credibility is opening of new Engg. and medical colleges.I heard that the day Cummins decided to open their engg. college in Nagpur, 2-3 leaders who have engg colleges in Nagpur got scared and rang the head of Cummins to ask them why they are coming up in Nagpur?They know Cummins will bring atleast some quality education here. Also Mr. Pathan was so fraustrated in Nagpur that he pleaded University officials here to change the courrse of Engg. which was not changed since ages...This will not help Nagpur or Vidarbha...
jateenb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:50 AM   #105
nagpur2025

Mihan : some latest news on aviation side

Jet Lite planning to make Mihan as their one of the Central Origination point, in process of starting flights from Nagpur. Starting flights would be Nagpur-Delhi-Nagpur, Nagpur-Hydrabad-Nagpur, Nagpur-Pune-Banglore-Nagpur. Jet Lite will also use Mihan to park their aircrafts at night.

More news here.....
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:59 AM   #106
nagpur2025

Mihan : progress on aviation front

Jet Lite planning Central Hub at Mihan, starting Nagpur-Delhi-Nagpur, Nagpur-Hydrabad-Nagpur, Nagpur-Pune-Banglore-Nagpur service soon.

More News here ......
Old August 21st, 2010, 01:01 AM   #107
nagpur2025

JetLite planning Central Hub at Mihan

http://onlinenews1.lokmat.com/php/de...ionname=nagpur
Old August 21st, 2010, 01:15 AM   #108
nagpur2025

Looks like Skyscrapercity is restricting my access, what I've done?
Old September 5th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #109
Suncity
By the ocean

Likes (Received): 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagpur2025 View Post
Looks like Skyscrapercity is restricting my access, what I've done?
I don't know why this happens automatically. I have taken care of it for now.
Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #110
TheEmpyreanBangalore

Residential options near MIHAN in Nagpur

ABOUT PROJECT:

The Empyrean (Nagpur) is central India's first integrated township funded by Foreign Direct Investment sprawling over area of 152 acres with approx. 70 acres of open space. The Empyrean is an unique attempt to give its residents their own piece of paradise on earth. The Empyrean is envisioned with international lifestyle and modern living. the township is masterplanned by AEDAS, Hong Kong - world's 2nd largest architectural firm. The township aims to redefine comfort & convenience.

The Empyrean has over 5000 residential units like villa, low-rise and highrise aprtments, including all modern amenities like school, health care centre, office spaces, shopping areas, hotel and an entertainment complex. A world class club spread designed to provide an international lifestyle to its residents. Highest standards of maintenance are being planned in township. Good injfrastructure, electricity, water supply back-up facility and a 3 tier security system are amongst some other benefits.

The township is strategically located. It is 18 kms from zero mile and just 500 metres from outer ring road. The Empyrean is expected to be City Centre in future. It's just 20 mins from Sitabuldi- the centre of city. But icing on cake is probably its position in the cradle of nature.

It is themed on 'Rejuvenation of Five senses'. The Empyrean celebrates the five senses- Touch, Smell, Sight, Sound and Taste and is planned to offer you a journey of desire, an odyssey of pleaasure. All of them represented by different colour and different meaning and this will create a beautiful impression which effect when one moves from one enclave to the other.

So welcome to The Empyrean - The beautifically landscaped open areas.

Rejuvenate your five senses. Taste life in full glory- "Your Own Paradise"

ABOUT US:

FIRE ARCOR INFRASTRUCTURE PVT. LTD.

FIRE Arcor Infrastructure is a unique attempt at creating a real estate organisation with high levels of integrity and professionalism. FIRE Arcor intends to create world class housing solutions and draws its strengths from a highly qualified and vastly experienced team of professionals bringing together the best practices of various industries going beyond real estate.

FIRE Arcor is a joint venture company between The Arcor group and FIRE (First Indian Real Estate) Capital Fund. It is the first India-centric Real Estate fund to be registered with SEBI.FIRE Arcor intends to create world class housing solutions based on best technology platform available - with 'customer delight' being centre of all its efforts.

Address:

FIRE Arcor Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.

120/2, Kothewada, Nagpur - 441114, India

Call For Site Visit: 07104-665000, 09225349705

Email: [email protected]

Check Out The Empyrean, Nagpur Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheEmpyreanNagpur1

TheEmpyreanBangalore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #111
siddhant4u

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpyreanBangalore View Post
ABOUT PROJECT:

The Empyrean (Nagpur) is central India's first integrated township funded by Foreign Direct Investment sprawling over area of 152 acres with approx. 70 acres of open space. The Empyrean is an unique attempt to give its residents their own piece of paradise on earth. The Empyrean is envisioned with international lifestyle and modern living. the township is masterplanned by AEDAS, Hong Kong - world's 2nd largest architectural firm. The township aims to redefine comfort & convenience.
Dear TheEmpyreanBangalore,

I liked the project, however I seriously doubt about your River Gardens in 48 degree heat in Nagpur. Also how the individual swimming pools will get water in nagpur? Does the project use rain water harvested during mansoon for year round use in swimming pool?

Moreover, I din't liked the boxed design of row houses and villas but it may be just me..

-- siddhant
siddhant4u no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #112
amco_in

Likes (Received): 4

Boeing Start

Hey All
One good news for Nagpur people Boeing called the construction tender from some big house construction companies,tender is allrady floted and may be finlised in october.So we will hope this project will take up in next few months...............
amco_in no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #113
_GrapeWine_

YEY!! that's a great news!!
finally something concrete about Boeing's MRO construction!!
do quote source if you get one for this sometime.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 01:23 AM   #114
nagpur2025

Jolt to Mihan as AI cargo service grounded

NAGPUR: While chief minister Ashok Chavan is trying to push Mihan, there is another shocker awaiting the prestigious project. National carrier Air India is almost ready to dump its freighter services that were supposed to use Nagpur's Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport as hub. Announced in 2007, the project was to be launched by converting Air India's old Boeing 737s into freighters.

Air India was supposed to launch the cargo services connecting six major destinations through Nagpur. It would have greatly added to the appeal of Mihan. However, the cash-strapped Air India seems to have abandoned the plan. In fact, it has offered the reconfigured aircraft for sale. This development is another jolt to Mihan after the India Post recently discontinued its 'night airmail service'.

A local Air India official, requesting anonymity, said the company had planned to operate AI's reconfigured aircraft in phases from Nagpur. However, plans have not fructified and now management has decided to shelve the project.

Another official in Mumbai said, "AI plans to sell six Boeing 737-200 freighters which were converted for cargo operations in 2007," he said. Apart from these aircraft, the airline had converted four Airbus A 310-300 into freighters at a cost of $ 40 to 50 million. Now Air India has invited tenders to sell all these aircraft, he said. AI General Manager, corporate communication, Chandrakumar however denied that plans for freighter service were cancelled. He said the 8 aircraft on sale were 20 -years-old and the sale had no relation with the project.

"The project is in pipeline and a decision will be taken in board meeting," he said. AI's cargo head Anita Khurana said she was not aware of plans to sell freighter aircraft. However, she said that the freighter service from Nagpur was on hold.

Read more: Jolt-to-Mihan-as-AI-cargo-service-grounded http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...ow/6655666.cms
Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:47 AM   #115
_GrapeWine_

two more months!

Construction of Boeing’s MRO depot in Nagpur set to begin

Posted: Sat Oct 02 2010, 02:55 hrs
Nagpur:

Work for the construction of the Boeing Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) depot in Nagpur’s MIHAN (Multimodal International Hub Airport at Nagpur) SEZ area is expected to start within two months.

“Finally, Air India and Boeing have got down to designing the MRO. The work for its construction is most likely to start in the next one or two months,” managing director of Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC), the nodal agency developing MIHAN, R C Sinha, told The Indian Express.

SOURCE
Old October 5th, 2010, 09:41 PM   #116
TheEmpyreanBangalore

To Mr. Siddhant

Dear Siddhant,

Thanks for your interest in The Empyrean, Nagpur - Central India's first truly integrated township with FDI (foreign direct investment).

We request you to call/email us for more information or send us your contact details. Also, we invite you to visit our site - construction work at our site is in full swing and demo unit is ready.

Call Centre No.: (+91) 7104-665000
E-mail: [email protected]

Regards,

TheEmpyrean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant4u View Post
Dear TheEmpyreanBangalore,

I liked the project, however I seriously doubt about your River Gardens in 48 degree heat in Nagpur. Also how the individual swimming pools will get water in nagpur? Does the project use rain water harvested during mansoon for year round use in swimming pool?

Moreover, I din't liked the boxed design of row houses and villas but it may be just me..

-- siddhant
TheEmpyreanBangalore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 03:10 PM   #117
nagpur2025

Air India to partner Boeing for MRO unit

MUMBAI: National carrier Air India and US-based Boeing will jointly set up a maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) unit at Nagpur, Aviation Minister Praful Patel told reporters on Friday.

Boeing will be investing about $100 million in the MRO project, he said. "The work is likely to start by the end of the year," Patel added.

More....
Old November 10th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #118
jateenb
Jateen

Maruti Suzuki project at Nagpur????

Maruti Suzuki is looking for land at Nagpur MIDC for Maruti suzuki project..
I just hope this project comes up here. People should not allow the plan to highjack this project to western Maharashtra to succeed..

http://72.78.249.124/esakal/20101110...2064845557.htm
Old November 12th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #119
jateenb
Jateen

HCL's Nagpur Technology Hub ???

Does any one has news about the various IT companies which have taken land In MIHAN. HCL building technology hubs across India.. Nagpur is one the site mentioned..Its Manesar Hub has become operation.So does anybody know about it s status??? Here is the link about HCL's manesar technology hub going operational..

http://www.myiris.com/newsCentre/sto...secID=livenews
Old November 28th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #120
_GrapeWine_

Abhijeet Group to sell Mihan plant power to Reliance

NAGPUR: As the Mihan-SEZ is yet to get going, city-based Abhijeet Group, which has formed a joint venture company with MADC to set up a power plant for captive supply to this ambitious venture, has now struck a deal with Reliance Power Trading Company to sell electricity generated from the first unit of its plant.

The Abhijeet MADC Nagpur Energy Private Limited (AMNEPL) is coming up with a 241 MW power plant with four units of 61.5 MW each. Generation in the first unit started around four days ago and has been synchronised with the grid. "Full-fledged production of 61 MW is expected to start within a fortnight," said a senior official of the company.

Sources in the company reveal that there are good chances that all the power generated (from April next) here will be sold in the open market as there's unlikely to be much demand in Mihan. The second unit is expected to start by January and the remaining two in March and April.

"The power plant was set up with the aim of providing power to the industries coming up in Mihan. We were expecting that there would be a demand of at least 50MW. However, we are now exercising the option of supplying power in the open market," said the senior official.

SOURCE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
nagpur