MELBOURNE | Australia 108 | 317m | 1039ft | 100 fl | U/C - Page 32 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 7th, 2019, 02:19 PM   #621
zwamborn

Likes (Received): 24678

2019-04-07 by Melbourneguy

Old April 7th, 2019, 03:17 PM   #622
prp002

Likes (Received): 3511

So just 27 floors to go

Snegre liked this post
prp002 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 06:03 PM   #624
Clemente Delli Colli

Likes (Received): 5

I really like it, in my opinion one of the most beautiful skyscrapers under construction.
Clemente Delli Colli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2019, 11:54 AM   #625
prp002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemente Delli Colli View Post
I really like it, in my opinion one of the most beautiful skyscrapers under construction.
Agree. I've seen some shockers (in the Melbourne Central area)
Old May 19th, 2019, 03:31 PM   #626
kanye
WDNF-Mod | RIP desertpunk

Likes (Received): 11141

X-post
Quote:
Originally Posted by worzil View Post
A star is born:

Old June 9th, 2019, 07:35 AM   #627
zwamborn

Likes (Received): 24678

2019-06-02 by redden

zwamborn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2019, 07:42 AM   #628
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6910

Totally forgot this project, great progress!
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2019, 12:44 PM   #629
prp002

pretty boring so far, waiting for the redeeming duck feature to emerge
Old June 9th, 2019, 02:58 PM   #630
88-777
BANNED

Likes (Received): 45

I wonder if native ownership is over 10% in this tower.
88-777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 04:01 AM   #631
davidchaiwk

Likes (Received): 1

This is really the most desirable project in Melbourne and Australia as a whole once it is fully constructed. Heard that the relaunched prices are higher than the initial launch prices 5 years ago. 😀
davidchaiwk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 05:48 AM   #632
prp002

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidchaiwk View Post
This is really the most desirable project in Melbourne and Australia as a whole once it is fully constructed. Heard that the relaunched prices are higher than the initial launch prices 5 years ago. 😀
I beg to differ.

There are two residential towers going up at Barangaroo in Sydney next to James Packer's Crown Resort Tower that are far more desirable as they have Opera House and Harbour views and a new metro station at their doorstep.
Old June 12th, 2019, 05:24 AM   #633
davidchaiwk

Yes I agree with you for Sydney. In Melbourne, A108 is most desireable, mate. With low interest rates now, it is best to invest in Australia properties in Melbourne, the most liveable city in the world, besides losing to Vienna this year.

Barwon Boy liked this post
Old June 12th, 2019, 05:26 AM   #634
davidchaiwk

There are two residential towers going up at Barangaroo in Sydney next to James Packer's Crown Resort Tower that are far more desirable as they have Opera House and Harbour views and a new metro station at their doorstep.

Wow the pricing must be twice as high as A108. Do you have their pricelist and if these projects are fully sold? I may be interested. thanks in advance.
Old June 12th, 2019, 11:36 AM   #635
prp002

thats because 108 is in a backwater.
Old June 13th, 2019, 04:20 AM   #636
davidchaiwk

There are plenty of upside potential with the upcoming Melbourne Square and plans to develop the Fisherman Bend area. With AUD and interest rate at a low, shrewd foreign investors who have a medium term view will invest in Australian properties now. May gain both in terms of FX and capital gains. Melbourne is not as exciting as Sydney but it has the peaceful and artistic side of it.

Too bad Crown seems to be undergoing a challenging patch or else Southbank may have greater potential as there are great plans for Southbank with Crown around. Heard now the plans are being stalled?
Old June 13th, 2019, 04:42 AM   #637
prp002

Yes but when you start from such a low base, anything seems like a large upside "potential"

108 is going up in the middle of old car dealerships and certainly lacks the green belt near Flagstaff Gardens or the vibe of Docklands.

Residents will leave the building at ground level and be confronted by a rather ugly urban streetscape. Nothing desirable there.

You've just got the same investors buying up dogboxes for capital growth and leaving them empty (which prompted Hotel operators to buy up unsold apartments from developers and perversely convert them to hotel rooms because they were cheap)
Old June 13th, 2019, 07:18 AM   #638
AKLdewy
Master Louis

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by prp002 View Post
Yes but when you start from such a low base, anything seems like a large upside "potential"

108 is going up in the middle of old car dealerships and certainly lacks the green belt near Flagstaff Gardens or the vibe of Docklands.

Residents will leave the building at ground level and be confronted by a rather ugly urban streetscape. Nothing desirable there.

You've just got the same investors buying up dogboxes for capital growth and leaving them empty (which prompted Hotel operators to buy up unsold apartments from developers and perversely convert them to hotel rooms because they were cheap)
The arts precinct is quite literally 500m down the road. Crown and the rest of the river promenade are a few hundred metres north. Kings domain, queen vic Gardens, botanical gardens are also 600m down the end of the road. The views will be good from the top. The cbd is a tad further but easily within walking distance (with or without getting a tram up St. Kilda Rd). Not sure what you're talking about

mw123, goodybear liked this post
AKLdewy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 08:28 AM   #639
goodybear
I <3 Frankfurt&Melbourne

Likes (Received): 2181

If this development weren't desirable, investors would also not buy any units in the building. Clearly, if the tallest building in Australia by roof height is being built here there must be something desirable about it... I mean Eureka down the road used to be one of the largest apartment buildings in the world so people are obviously interested in living and or buying apartments in Southbank.
Old June 13th, 2019, 09:07 AM   #640
prp002

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodybear View Post
If this development weren't desirable, investors would also not buy any units in the building. Clearly, if the tallest building in Australia by roof height is being built here there must be something desirable about it... I mean Eureka down the road used to be one of the largest apartment buildings in the world so people are obviously interested in living and or buying apartments in Southbank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidchaiwk View Post

Anything is "desirable" but it's laughable to suggest the most desirable in Australia.

You kids need to get out more
Advertisement

Tags
australia, australia 108, melbourne, supertall