Jaipur Projects Thread - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > North > North India projects > Rajasthan

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 10th, 2008, 10:12 AM   #41
Euromast
Mast Malang

Likes (Received): 1486

Jaipur to get world class sports city

Quote:
A consortium of nine companies is planning to set up a 512-acre integrated Sports City near Achrol on Jaipur-Delhi highway on the lines of the famous Dubai Sports City
Quote:
Soon Jaipur would compete with Dubai. If not in terms of overall infrastructure and facilities, at least it will have one landmark in common - Integrated Sports City. A consortium of nine companies led by the Delhi based Devyani Enterprises Private Limited is planning to rope in international sports development agencies - South African Sports Development Agency (SASDA) Pvt Limited and the Professional Golfers Association Limited - to set up 512-acre integrated Sports City near Achrol on Jaipur-Delhi highway on the lines of the famous Dubai Sports City.
Quote:
According to JDA sources, three private real estate developers - Essar Construction Limited, Parasvnath Developers Ltd and Pink City Sports Complex Pvt. Ltd - had shown interest during pre-bid. Looking at the response, JDA floated a global tender in which Noida-based New Pinkcity emerged the sole bidder with a security deposit of Rs 5 crore. The two companies - Essar and Parasvnath - have backtracked because of the floor area ratio (FAR) specified by the JDA. The JDA had specified 0.5 global FAR for sports and sports-related activities while 1.0 for commercial and other activities.

Stop Propagaandu at Chauraha
Euromast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2008, 02:24 AM   #42
Euromast
Mast Malang

Get Connected: City all set to go the WiMax way
Quote:
JAIPUR: Taking a leaf out of Bangalore and Pune, Jaipur is all set to go the WiMax way.

The bid is part of an initiative of the state government to replace the obsolete WiFi zones with WiMax ones. Currently there are just two other cities — Bangalore and Pune — where WiMax zones have been envisaged. While in Bangalore the WiMax zone is under trial, in Pune, trials have been completed and the project is in the implementation stage

Stop Propagaandu at Chauraha
Old May 20th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #43
jodhpur

Likes (Received): 3

hello i have some pics of the national highway which goes through jaipur,kishengarh. so can u tell me where i can post them also i have some pics of heritage things from my hometown jodhpur can u tell me where they go....

i am newwwww here help me........
jodhpur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2008, 01:47 AM   #44
IU
->

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodhpur View Post
hello i have some pics of the national highway which goes through jaipur,kishengarh. so can u tell me where i can post them also i have some pics of heritage things from my hometown jodhpur can u tell me where they go....

Jodhpur, You can post the highway pictures in the India Highways Thread(Photos only) thread. You can start a new thread titled "Jodhpur Heritage thread" in the Heritage subforum to post your heritage images from Jodhpur.

To see how to post images, check this out-> https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=600498
IU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:06 PM   #45
kronik

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodhpur View Post

In addition, if you have a regular supply of photographs you clicked yourself, you can start a thread in the Showcase Gallery.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=544
kronik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:23 PM   #46
jodhpur

Likes (Received): 3

thanks both of you
jodhpur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 07:31 AM   #47
IU
->

Vatika City Centre
Render:

some images from Vatika's website. Don't know how old these are.

Old May 31st, 2008, 11:17 PM   #48
Suncity
By the ocean

Likes (Received): 18128

photo copyright Annie

[IMG]http://i32.************/246von5.jpg[/IMG]
Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:01 AM   #49
IU
->

Sports city complex to be inaugurated in August

Quote:
JAIPUR: The Pink City is slowly, but surely, getting into international sports map. Sports city complex, a JDA venture, scheduled to be inaugurated in August this year, is all set to catapult the city to an international centre for events like archery, shooting and equestrian sports.

In fact, the shooting range of the complex has already hosted a 13-nation Asian clay shooting championship in February this year. The shooting range can boast of four trap and skeet ranges of international standard, which are, at present, available only in Dubai. The range is equipped with electronic score boards, a grand stand for audiences and participants along with an air conditioned sitting lounge.

“We have also provided a 50 metre-range for rifle shooting with 32 points, which means that 32 shooters can practice simultaneously. Besides, we have a 25 metre-range with 24 points and 10 metre-range (pistol) with 80 points,” said C K Bafna, project incharge of the sports city complex.

The range will have a separate hostel for younger aspirants.

Moreover, the complex has already made headlines for its Arena polo (equestrian) facilities which is under construction, and deemed to be third of its kind in the world after similar ones in the United States and Singapore. A six-nation Commonwealth indoor polo event is scheduled to be organized in October. This rugby ball shaped indoor polo stadium will be the largest one with cent per cent air conditioning and more than 1,500 seating capacity.

The equestrian facilities have 3 stable blocks each having a capacity to keep 18 horses. “To encourage sports, we are also coming up with an open riding school and also a veterinary hospital and a pool for horses. A dressage arena is also attached to the sport complex, which is a levelled ground for the polo event,” said an engineer.

The third component of the international sports city complex is an archery facility measuring 110 x 140 metre as per international norms. This is also adorned by an overhead stadium, a gymnasium and a conference hall.

Sports city complex, which will be called Organized Archery, Shooting and Equestrian Sports (OASES) complex, will have more reasons to take pride in. The JDA plans to start a starred club to attract more and more foot falls in addition to world class facilities.

For this ultra modern club, more than 22,000 square metre of land will be made available. The club will have state-of-the-art facilities like swimming pool, lawn tennis court, gymnasium and a restaurant.

“The club will also house a party lawn, a coffee shop, a conference hall as well as a well-furnished guest house. The club house will be fully air-conditioned and efforts are being made to connect it with assured and uninterrupted power supply,” said D B Gupta, commissioner, JDA.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:08 AM   #50
kronik

Likes (Received): 26

Mahindra City to get handicrafts campus

Quote:
Mahindra World City (MWC), Jaipur, on Monday signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Vamani Overseas to set up a 4-acre campus in Mahindra World City, Jaipur's handicraft zone.

Vamani Overseas will use this facility to produce handicrafts for global clients. Vamani Overseas is based in the Delhi-NCR region and is the first handicraft company from outside Rajasthan to set up shop in MWC, Jaipur's handicraft zone. This marks the beginning of direct investments in MWC Jaipur's handicraft zone from other states.

MWC is spread across 250 acres, of which 50 acres will be developed in the first phase. The zone has been designed to meet the needs of the handicraft sector to enable it to attain a combative edge in the international market and facilitate sustained growth. This zone has already attracted some of the best names from Jaipur's handicraft fraternity.

The Mahindra World City SEZ in Jaipur is being master-planned by Jurong Township Corporation (JTC), Singapore, as an integrated business city on 3,000 acres of land on the Jaipur-Ajmer-Mumbai highway.
kronik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 02:18 AM   #51
2Paise
Bigger Things

Likes (Received): 1

Infosys inaugurates its second BPO campus in Jaipur

Quote:
Infosys BPO, the Business Process Outsourcing subsidiary of Infosys Technologies Ltd, has inaugurated its second BPO campus at Mahindra World City, the Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in Jaipur, Rajasthan.

The new campus at the SEZ at Mahindra World City, Jaipur, will be spread over 42 acres with a total investment of Rs. 531 crore to be made in phases. In phase 1 of its construction, the company has made an investment of Rs. 171 crore, creating a seating capacity of 3,200.

The new Jaipur campus has been built on the best global environment standards to ensure efficient consumption of energy per square foot and the least carbon footprint. The campus is designed as a green building to meet the gold/platinum rating standard of LEEDS. As a part of Infosys' drive to become carbon neutral, this campus will have 49% of the total area as the green belt. Green sourcing practices, integrated water management, and adoption of environment-friendly refrigerant are among the green initiatives undertaken by Infosys.

The first Infosys BPO campus at Sitapur has been operational since August 2006 and has a seating capacity of 890.

Infosys BPO has several initiatives with Rajasthan educational organisations to enhance student skills and make them industry-ready.
Deutche Bank opens new service delivery centre in Jaipur

Quote:
Deutche Bank of India (DBOI) Global Services, the global processing arm of Deutsche Bank, today announced the opening of its fifth global service delivery centre, in Jaipur. This state-of-the-art facility, located within Mahindra World City, will house operational and support teams for Deutsche Bank.

The centre will deliver operations and business function solutions for several of the Bank`s divisions, commencing initially with Investment Banking and Asset Management.
2Paise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 04:38 AM   #52
ajithv

Likes (Received): 425

High-security number plates will be a must

All vehicles registered in Rajasthan — two-wheelers, three-wheelers and four-wheelers — will soon be required install "high security" registration plates. The new registration plates — said to be necessary in the context of reported vehicular thefts and prevailing security environment — will cost vehicle owners anywhere between Rs 550 and 1,100 depending upon the type and capacity of vehicles.

Source
ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:40 AM   #53
ajithv

Likes (Received): 425

JAIPUR: The first BRTS corridor in the city will be completed in October and buses are expected to start plying from early next year. However, du
e to the challenges faced by similar projects in Delhi and other cities, there are fears about the success of the project. Notwithstanding, a committee has been formed on Monday to identify parking locations and workshops for the Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS).

In Jaipur, the usual distance travelled by a daily commuter is less compared to other big cities. Hence the question remains whether a citizen, who has to travel just five to 10 kilometres, will abandon his private vehicle in favour of the public transport.

“In all major cities of the world, a majority of people use public transport. Jaipur might be small today, but in the coming days, with the expanding city limits, increasing population and rising fuel prices, its residents will be compelled to use the public transport. BRTS is a step taken in advance to meet the future needs,” said a JDA official. “It is a project ahead of its time and we are also open to bearing the revenue losses in its initial years,” he added.

This rapidly expanding city is definitely in dire need of a strong public transport system. Primarily dependent on minibuses, auto rickshaws and cycle rickshaws, many residents feel that the BRTS would make a difference.

However, there are may who oppose the project. “As we can see, even when the construction work is being carried out, the normal traffic is pushed to narrow lanes. There will be less medians (entry points) and those commuting on private vehicles would have to travel longer distances to make turns,” says Dr V S Bhatnagar, a resident of Panipech. The ongoing BRTS work has already restricted access to his apartment.

Once all the three phases are completed, the BRTS will have a total length of 138 kilometres, out of which 75 percent will be dedicated lanes including three elevated roads. In fact, this exclusiveness worries the citizens. A similar situation in Delhi had resulted in protests where commuters alleged that they had to face traffic jams while BRTS lanes remain empty most of the time. The authorities in Jaipur are, however, counting on the superiority of road networks. Since Jaipur is a planned city, it has parallel roads and right angel connections which come to the rescue of citizens during traffic congestion, say officials. For example, in case of a traffic jam on Tonk Road, the commuters can easily shift to JLN Marg and other routes without much difficulty.

At congested places like government hostel, collectorate circle and near elevated roads, the BRTS will travel on normal lane. The JDA is also confident that introduction of BRTS will motivate more people to switch to public transport.

After rectifying the bottlenecks, the BRTS project will also have to ensure a better intermediate transport system. “The BRTS will touch only major roads and those intending to reach interior localities will have to take other means to reach BRTS stand,” said Mukesh Meena, a Rajasthan University student.

“We are designing a strong feeder transport system by redirecting the routes of minibuses to connect to local bus stops and BRTS routes,” said a senior official at Jaipur Development Authority. “Every new system is viewed with suspicion but its benefits will be obvious once the project goes fully operational. Meanwhile, lessons learnt from Delhi have been used to improve the services in Jaipur,” he added.

Source
ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 07:24 AM   #54
India101

Likes (Received): 2641

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiansUnite View Post
x-posting from the Projects in smaller cities thread -

Vatika group is building a township called Vatika Infotech City on Ajmer road in West Jaipur. The plan includes building a city centre and residential midrises. All the buildings are designed by Studio U+A architects

Vatika City Centre:

This is my fav project in Jaipur!
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2008, 08:07 PM   #55
Suncity
By the ocean

Likes (Received): 18128

Jaipur World Trade Park (WTP) - site picture

photo copyright http://www.wtpjaipur.com/

<---scroll if needed-->
Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 01:48 AM   #56
kolkatausa
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

that was fast...has been barely a year since I first saw their plans. Looks very constructive and seemingly transient.
kolkatausa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #57
Euromast
Mast Malang

U/C Jaipur world trade park 17 dec, 08 clicked by me

Old December 26th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #58
Illusionist
India under construction.

Likes (Received): 1601

^ ^ Do you live in jaipur. i am currently in jaipur too. i clicked few pics of WTC and Gaurav towers too. but you beat me in posting them..
Old December 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #59
Euromast
Mast Malang

No vishnu i donot live in Jaipur, was in India for vacations, Just got back. Covered Golden triangle and Shimla and bit chandigarh( my home)

I m already posting my tour pics in show case gallery, Waiting for urs also
Old December 26th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #60
Illusionist
India under construction.

Likes (Received): 1601

i will post my photolog as soon as i get back too.
BTW i think this project needs a thread of its own. its huge and ambitious. work is progressing with a fast pace. just yesterday i saw huge scaffolding . now the project is taking its proposed shape.
Advertisement