KARNATAKA | Railway Developments - Page 1107 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Karnataka


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 7th, 2019, 10:17 AM   #22121
pancha bhoota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 450
Likes (Received): 1155

It is happening sooner than expected- most of the Bengaluru-Mysuru passenger trains are now MEMUs

https://swr.indianrailways.gov.in/vi...4015D8ED9FA658
Press Release No. 133, TEMPORARY ELIMINATION OF STOPPAGE OF TRAIN & CONVERSION OF CONVENTIONAL RAKE IN TO MEMU



SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY

Press Release No. 133 Dt. 05.08.2019

TEMPORARY ELIMINATION OF STOPPAGE OF TRAIN

It is decided to eliminate the stoppage of Train No. 16589/16590 KSR Bengaluru - Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Terminus Kolhapur – KSR Bengaluru Rani Chennamma Express from Dodbele and Ammasandra for passenger traffic for with effect from 27.08.2019, due to poor patronization.

CONVERSION OF CONVENTIONAL RAKE IN TO MEMU


Conventional rake of following trains will be provided with MEMU rake with 16 Cars with the change in Train No. and timings as detailed below: -

1.Train No. 56238 KSR Bengaluru – Mysuru Passenger will run with 16 Cars MEMU rake as revised Train No. 66553 KSR Bengaluru – Mysuru MEMU and depart from KSR Bengaluru at 19:30 hrs instead of 19:10 hrs with effect from 05.08.2019.

2.Train No. 56232 KSR Bengaluru – Mysuru Passenger will run with 16 Cars MEMU rake as revised Train No. 66551 KSR Bengaluru – Mysuru MEMU and depart from KSR Bengaluru at 09:30 hrs instead of 09:20 hrs with effect from 05.08.2019.

3.Train No. 56231 Mysuru - KSR Bengaluru Passenger will run with 16 Cars MEMU rake as revised Train No. 66554 Mysuru - KSR Bengaluru MEMU with existing timings with effect from 06.08.2019.

4.Train No. 56237 Mysuru - KSR Bengaluru Passenger will run with 16 Cars MEMU rake as revised Train No. 66552 Mysuru - KSR Bengaluru MEMU and depart from KSR Bengaluru at 13:45 hrs instead of 15:15 hrs and reach at KSR Bengaluru at 17:00 hrs instead of 18:00 hrs with effect from 05.08.2019.

Enroute the Train will arrive/depart at Naganahalli 14:01/14:02 hrs, Shrirangapatna 14:07/14:08 hrs, Pandavapura 14:14/14:15 hrs, Chandragiri Koppal 14:34/14:35 hrs, Byadarahalli 14:40/14:41 hrs, Yeliyur 14:49/14:50 hrs, Mandya 14:56/14:57 hrs, Hanakere 15:05/15:06 hrs, Maddur 15:14/15:15 hrs, Nidghatta 15:20/15:21 hrs, Settihalli 15:25/15:26 hrs, Channapatna 15:31/15:32 hrs, Ramanaram 15:41/15:42 hrs, Ketohalli 15:47/15:48 hrs, Bidadi 15:55/15:56 hrs, Hejjala 16:02/16:03 hrs, Kengeri 16:12/16:13 hrs, Jnana Bharati 16:17/16:18 hrs, Nayandahalli 16:20/16:21 hrs, Krishandevaraya 16:26/16:27 hr.,


5.Train No. 56203 Chamarajanagar – Mysuru passenger will depart from Chamarajanagar at 10:40 hrs instead of 12:40 hrs and reach at Mysuru at 12:30 hrs instead of 14:35 hrs with effect from 05.08.2019.

Enroute the Train will arrive/depart at Badanaguppe 10:49/10:50 hrs, Konanur 10:54/10:55 hrs, Kavalande 11:00/11:01 hrs, Narasambudhi 11:07/11:08 hrs, Chinnadagudihundi 11:13/11:14 hrs, Nanjangud Town 11:29/11:30 hrs, Sujatapuram 11:34/11:35 hrs, Tandavapura 11:39/11:40 hrs, Kadakola 11:44/11:45 hrs, Ashokapuram 11:57/11:58 hrs, Chamarajapuram 12:01/12:02 hrs.

6.Train No. 66524 Hindupur – KSR Bengaluru MEMU will arrive at KSR Bengaluru at 09:20 hrs instead of 09:25 hrs.
__________________

sfs, ninedulkar liked this post
pancha bhoota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 7th, 2019, 10:39 AM   #22122
engineer.akash
0821- City of Palaces!
 
engineer.akash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 36,454
Likes (Received): 5698

TENDER:- BENGALURU-MYSURU Section: Complete Track Renewal (primary) of existing 52KG 90/72 UTS Rails on PSC sleepers at 1540 Nos /km density with new 60KG/90UTS Rails on 60kg PSC sleepers at 1660 Nos/km from km.135/700-131/850 between NAGANAHALLI-MYSORE stations, Downline.
__________________

sfs liked this post
engineer.akash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 12:22 PM   #22123
engineer.akash
0821- City of Palaces!
 
engineer.akash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 36,454
Likes (Received): 5698

__________________
LOVE INDIA SERVE INDIA

sfs liked this post
engineer.akash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 12:23 PM   #22124
engineer.akash
0821- City of Palaces!
 
engineer.akash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 36,454
Likes (Received): 5698

__________________
LOVE INDIA SERVE INDIA

sfs, pancha bhoota liked this post
engineer.akash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 12:54 PM   #22125
pancha bhoota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 450
Likes (Received): 1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer.akash View Post
Times have really changed for good. Not long ago (even until 2016), express trains used to take a good 3.5 hours to reach Mysuru from Bengaluru and vice versa.

Today, passenger trains are doing the 139 km in 3.5 hours and express trains (most of them) make it under 2 hrs 45 min.

Welcome change indeed!!!
pancha bhoota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 05:52 PM   #22126
kvivek
kvivek
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 279
Likes (Received): 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancha bhoota View Post
Times have really changed for good. Not long ago (even until 2016), express trains used to take a good 3.5 hours to reach Mysuru from Bengaluru and vice versa.

Today, passenger trains are doing the 139 km in 3.5 hours and express trains (most of them) make it under 2 hrs 45 min.

Welcome change indeed!!!
Not really!! All express trains still taking the same 2.5-3hrs journey time. Only the gap between express & passenger trains have reduced due to introduction of MEMU. Tippu express still takes 2.5hrs & Rajya Rani express takes same time as MEMU albeit with higher fares.

Average speeds of trains on SBC-UBL-CSTM, SBC-GTL-KCG Yeshwantpur-Hassan-Sakleshpur & Subramanya road-Mangaluru sections are not convincing. Trains run slower than buses on Bengaluru-Mangaluru sector, leaving the ghat section aside.

On the other hand, focus of union govt. has been only on Delhi bound routes eventhough it has much better infra & average speeds compared to trains in the south. South India has always received step motherly treatment from Union govt. irrespective of which party is in power.
__________________

kishorechan, naveen_blr liked this post
kvivek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 05:30 AM   #22127
pancha bhoota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 450
Likes (Received): 1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvivek View Post
Not really!! All express trains still taking the same 2.5-3hrs journey time. Only the gap between express & passenger trains have reduced due to introduction of MEMU. Tippu express still takes 2.5hrs & Rajya Rani express takes same time as MEMU albeit with higher fares.

Average speeds of trains on SBC-UBL-CSTM, SBC-GTL-KCG Yeshwantpur-Hassan-Sakleshpur & Subramanya road-Mangaluru sections are not convincing. Trains run slower than buses on Bengaluru-Mangaluru sector, leaving the ghat section aside.

On the other hand, focus of union govt. has been only on Delhi bound routes eventhough it has much better infra & average speeds compared to trains in the south. South India has always received step motherly treatment from Union govt. irrespective of which party is in power.
I was mentioning to SBC-MYS specific line trains. Pl go through the railway time table of 2016. Except Tippu express, none of the other express trains covered the distance in under 3 hours. Now, except one train, all other express trains cover the distance in under 3 hours.

HMRDC is the greatest hindrance in SBC-Mangaluru section. I think the contract is upto 2027. Until then, dont expect too much.

You should admit that the traffic in the north is very high on railways because of poor road network and hence IR always gives preference to north. However, it is not that south has not got importance.

The recent introduction of SBC-Shivamogga Jan Shatabdhi, Chennai-Madurai Tejas exp etc are the proofs
pancha bhoota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 05:39 PM   #22128
naveen_blr
Registered User
 
naveen_blr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ನಮ್ಮ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು/NY
Posts: 5,077
Likes (Received): 1849

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancha bhoota View Post
I was mentioning to SBC-MYS specific line trains. Pl go through the railway time table of 2016. Except Tippu express, none of the other express trains covered the distance in under 3 hours. Now, except one train, all other express trains cover the distance in under 3 hours.

HMRDC is the greatest hindrance in SBC-Mangaluru section. I think the contract is upto 2027. Until then, dont expect too much.

You should admit that the traffic in the north is very high on railways because of poor road network and hence IR always gives preference to north. However, it is not that south has not got importance.

The recent introduction of SBC-Shivamogga Jan Shatabdhi, Chennai-Madurai Tejas exp etc are the proofs
Its always the case, South is in India just to pay taxes & feed the hindi crowd.

We had to build our own roads, bus transport systems because Union Govt would do nothing for past 70 years except for a few here and there.

Even now electrification is great but only because it works out cheaper for them. They won't even run trains where the new tracks came up.
Till date Karnataka doesn't have a single trunk line.
Trains will be crowded only if people start using them, get used to them. With the current long routes & slow trains who would choose them?
The road infra is great only because we do not have an option, like Bengaluru we have to build our own metro , nobody will help us with Suburban Rail.

Now that your 1 Man Army - Unholy Govt is here , let's see how he fast tracks the Land Acquisition ofcouse once his bosses approve from Nagpur.
__________________
ಇಂತಿ ನಿಮ್ಮ, ಆದಿ (Adi)
ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಗೆಲ್ಗೆ
Cygnus's Phase 3 map| Phase I-4 Imaginery Map by Cygnus |Bengaluru Rising FB Page |Karnataka Rising FB Page |

kishorechan liked this post
naveen_blr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 05:40 AM   #22129
pancha bhoota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 450
Likes (Received): 1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen_blr View Post
Its always the case, South is in India just to pay taxes & feed the hindi crowd.

We had to build our own roads, bus transport systems because Union Govt would do nothing for past 70 years except for a few here and there.

Even now electrification is great but only because it works out cheaper for them. They won't even run trains where the new tracks came up.
Till date Karnataka doesn't have a single trunk line.
Trains will be crowded only if people start using them, get used to them. With the current long routes & slow trains who would choose them?
The road infra is great only because we do not have an option, like Bengaluru we have to build our own metro , nobody will help us with Suburban Rail.

Now that your 1 Man Army - Unholy Govt is here , let's see how he fast tracks the Land Acquisition ofcouse once his bosses approve from Nagpur.
Looks like you are showing up your frustration on "your boss'" political party having bitten dust in the recent elections.

I dont mind.

On electrification, it was cheaper then, it is cheaper now. What prevented YOUR bosses from electrifying the routes then? Because they didnt get the cut? come on.

Whether it was the
1) Hassana- Bengaluru or the
2) Bidar-Kalaburagi lines which were in coma for 2 decades each, or the
3) doubling of Mysuru-Bengaluru line or the
4) Miraj-Hubballi-Bengaluru line, or the
5) Tinaighat-Guntakal line, or
6) Gadag-Solapur or
7) Guntakal-Wadi-Kalaburagi trunk line, or the new lines like

8) Ginigera-Koppala-Raichuru line

it is this NDA government which has shown urgency and speed. You cannot deny that.

Pl take out your yellow glasses and you can see that what improvements the whole of Karnataka has in the last 5.25 years, it had not seen in the last 5.25 decades also; pertaining to railways.

Pl dont bring in North-South divide. We have the same issue INSIDE Karnataka also. Bengaluru gives 20% of the state's revenue. Will you ditch all other regions of Karnataka just because their per capita contribution to the state's exchequer is poor?
__________________

ninedulkar liked this post

Last edited by pancha bhoota; August 13th, 2019 at 07:28 AM.
pancha bhoota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 05:46 PM   #22130
naveen_blr
Registered User
 
naveen_blr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ನಮ್ಮ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು/NY
Posts: 5,077
Likes (Received): 1849

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancha bhoota View Post

Pl dont bring in North-South divide. We have the same issue INSIDE Karnataka also. Bengaluru gives 20% of the state's revenue. Will you ditch all other regions of Karnataka just because their per capita contribution to the state's exchequer is poor?
Absolutely wrong comparison.

Bengaluru gives around 50%+ revenues of the state, and has 20% of the states population.

& Revenues are shared to develop the dams, irrigation, electricity , education, infra.


The population growth of Bengaluru is much higher than rest of the state which is not the case with BIMARU.
Taxes are shared based on mere population by Union govt, which is used for building Temples, Statues , GoShalas, but not on Oxygen in hospitals, education etc.
Karnataka does not share taxes based on population but based on needs which are in real terms which impacts the economy and daily life of a "Kannadiga"
While there is nothing which has changed in BIMARU since 70 years, they are still war ridden sub sahara country in terms of HDI , population growth , health , female education or whatever you name it. While Karnataka has moved to be #2 or #3 in terms of development, while we still suffer from issues like female literacy , hdi & poverty as 53% ( 1Lakh+Cr every year) of our taxes are eaten away by North India never know where its used.


So sharing is never an issue when it is used for the needs.
One person who is sick needs basics.


Between good try on getting personal, that's the best way to find bhakts.
__________________
ಇಂತಿ ನಿಮ್ಮ, ಆದಿ (Adi)
ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಗೆಲ್ಗೆ
Cygnus's Phase 3 map| Phase I-4 Imaginery Map by Cygnus |Bengaluru Rising FB Page |Karnataka Rising FB Page |
naveen_blr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 09:11 PM   #22131
Mangal_Pandey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Behind chai ki dukaan of Jagadamba Dubey
Posts: 133
Likes (Received): 163

Latest doubling progress between Makalidurga and Yellahanka.

Makalidurga---> Dodballapura

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk3g...g&index=3&t=0s


Dodballapura-----> Yellahanka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXBk...b0xRPg&index=1

Doubling and electrification between Dhone and Dharmavaram:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJiOHIkAtk8


Electrification progress between Hospet and Ballari(doubling long done)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5qrCfwirko
__________________

gururaja liked this post

Last edited by Mangal_Pandey; August 13th, 2019 at 09:18 PM.
Mangal_Pandey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 09:26 PM   #22132
Mangal_Pandey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Behind chai ki dukaan of Jagadamba Dubey
Posts: 133
Likes (Received): 163

Electrification progress July 2019, between Ballari and Hospet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV1vY5S0HRQ


Last sections between Hospet and Hubbali left for doubling, all next to Gadag: progress in
July 2019

Gadag--Kanginhalli(8.6 km)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKuO64_v1bo

Binkadakatti---Gadag (5 km) and Hombal(Vijayapura side)---- Gadag doubling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icliXj3Avjk

Completion of this 14km of doubling will ensure that Guntakal to Tinaighat is doubled. RE is also going on here see below. Eventually Mormugoa to Vijayawada or Mormugoa to Chennai will be FEDL. Heavy freight route connecting major ports on the east and west coast.

Koppal---- Ginigera(on Hubli-Hospet--Ballari--Guntakal section) electrification and doubling(doubling is already finished and COMMISSIONED here,note the tell tale marks of diesel on the sleepers indicating an active double line): July 2019, only RE left

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmIX1puerpU

Banikoppa---Bhanapura electrification (Gadag-Koppal section) July 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcK6yv9NMhY

More electrification progress on SWR at the Goa end between Alnawar and Dharwad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAtM2l7ur4w

Londa-Alnavar doubling on Mormugoa-Dharwad section, commissioned 2 months ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxZ5vYDbSdw

So Tinaighat---Mormugoa via Dudhsagar falls (91 km) left for doubling through the Western ghats(Braganza ghats) and RE between Hospet and Mormugoa for FEDL Mormugoa to Chennai or Mormugoa to Vijayawada etc or Mormugoa---Bangalore

SWR is going to get a large number of RKMs doubled and electrified soon.
__________________

yaqoob liked this post

Last edited by Mangal_Pandey; August 14th, 2019 at 02:09 AM.
Mangal_Pandey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 10:49 PM   #22133
Mangal_Pandey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Behind chai ki dukaan of Jagadamba Dubey
Posts: 133
Likes (Received): 163

New bypass line for Hubbali. Freight coming from Mormugoa or Belgaum will use this bypass line, bypass Hubli yard(a very busy yard) and directly connect to the Hospet-Guntakal line towards Chennai, Bangalore, Vijayawada etc. Major ports on the east and west coast will have better connectivity for freight movement and possibly make India a trans-shipment center and compete with Colombo. About 106km is left for doubling with end to end doubling between Mormugoa and all major East coast ports. RE between Mormugoa and east coast ports will be done in 2 years at the rate we see here. Hopefully because of the difficult Braganza ghat section and Dudhsagar falls we will have doubling in 4 years for the remaining 91km in the Western ghats. Mangalore-Hassan RE(this will be a single line) should be done in 2 years and this will effectively allow major east and west coast ports to be well connected and allow trans-shipment of goods.
Eventually who knows all the way from Goa to Myanamar and Thailand and Singapore by rail. It will happen. One piece is the new 15 km line over the India-Bangladesh border, shortening travel between Tripura/ Agartala and Kolkata by about 8 hours.Think!! And SWR will benefit from freight charges. Glad to note that on the ROB's in the videos a provision for a third line when freight trafic increases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR2v09b9pH4
__________________

yaqoob liked this post

Last edited by Mangal_Pandey; August 14th, 2019 at 12:37 AM.
Mangal_Pandey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 11:49 PM   #22134
Mangal_Pandey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Behind chai ki dukaan of Jagadamba Dubey
Posts: 133
Likes (Received): 163

Third Line Update between Gwalior and Itarsi on the Delhi-Mumbai and Delhi-Chennai/Bangalore/Hyderabad trunk lines.

Bina-Bhopal-Habibganj already tripled and electrified 140 km.

In progress Agra Cantt--Gwalior---Jhansi----Bina and Itarsi----Habibganj.

Here is earthworks for third line between Bina----Lalitpur on the Bina------Jhansi section

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S23rDr-zSko

Earthworks between Gwalior and Jhansi for the third line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy6MYfw7hao

Itarsi----- Hoshangabad------Budni (25km) including a major third bridge over Narmada commissioned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIPVNdZmUx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hcd945EokY

Third line work is also ongoing in the ghats between Itarsi----- Nagpur on the Delhi---Chennai/Hyderabad/Bangalore route

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRotRPl7ciQ

Soon to be commissioned Habibganj----Barkheda. Wildlife commission and environmental clearanaces have been obtained for the Barkheda----Budni ghat section to triple the line.

Last edited by Mangal_Pandey; August 14th, 2019 at 02:11 AM.
Mangal_Pandey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 05:56 AM   #22135
pancha bhoota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 450
Likes (Received): 1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen_blr View Post
Absolutely wrong comparison.

Bengaluru gives around 50%+ revenues of the state, and has 20% of the states population.

& Revenues are shared to develop the dams, irrigation, electricity , education, infra.


The population growth of Bengaluru is much higher than rest of the state which is not the case with BIMARU.
Taxes are shared based on mere population by Union govt, which is used for building Temples, Statues , GoShalas, but not on Oxygen in hospitals, education etc.
Karnataka does not share taxes based on population but based on needs which are in real terms which impacts the economy and daily life of a "Kannadiga"
While there is nothing which has changed in BIMARU since 70 years, they are still war ridden sub sahara country in terms of HDI , population growth , health , female education or whatever you name it. While Karnataka has moved to be #2 or #3 in terms of development, while we still suffer from issues like female literacy , hdi & poverty as 53% ( 1Lakh+Cr every year) of our taxes are eaten away by North India never know where its used.


So sharing is never an issue when it is used for the needs.
One person who is sick needs basics.


Between good try on getting personal, that's the best way to find bhakts.
Usual rhetoric. You havent answered any of my questions:-

1) Electrified tracks were cheaper to run then, and now. Why the hell did Congress electrify then?

2)I have listed a series of projects having been undertaken by the NDA government in which we are seeing brisk progress. Why the hell didnt Congress or Devegowda's party not do any work at this pace?

Bidar-Kalaburagi project ran over 25 years and it took Piyush Goyal and Suresh Prabhu to make it see the light of the day

Same case with Hassana-Bengaluru line

On sharing of revenue- The stark reality is that we need the Bihari people more than they need us. Go to any factory or restaurant or any other service industry. It is people from Odisha and Bihar who are working. Our guys just sit and relax, chatting on phones doing nothing. This is the fact.

We in South (I am including all the 5 major states in South India) crow over the roof about unemployment, but there are scores of people who come down here to work .... and are very happy. Our own guys who preach regionalism have no problem employing them because they get cheap labour- selfish rascals. if they were so proud, they shouldnt employ anyone from other states. Goes to show that all the preaching is for others, not self.

Odisha gives you iron ore. Jharkhand and Bihar give you coal. Dont underestimate any state's contribution. I do agree that there are imbalances, but they are not to the extent to which you project. Each state's contribution is worth mentioning here

Maharashtra should be the first state who should complain as >25% of our entire economy is dependent on that state. They have gracefully accepted that we need to support each other.

Before the IT revolution, we were more dependent on those states. You should remember that
pancha bhoota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 05:58 AM   #22136
pancha bhoota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 450
Likes (Received): 1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangal_Pandey View Post
Electrification progress July 2019, between Ballari and Hospet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV1vY5S0HRQ


Last sections between Hospet and Hubbali left for doubling, all next to Gadag: progress in
July 2019

Gadag--Kanginhalli(8.6 km)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKuO64_v1bo

Binkadakatti---Gadag (5 km) and Hombal(Vijayapura side)---- Gadag doubling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icliXj3Avjk

Completion of this 14km of doubling will ensure that Guntakal to Tinaighat is doubled. RE is also going on here see below. Eventually Mormugoa to Vijayawada or Mormugoa to Chennai will be FEDL. Heavy freight route connecting major ports on the east and west coast.

Koppal---- Ginigera(on Hubli-Hospet--Ballari--Guntakal section) electrification and doubling(doubling is already finished and COMMISSIONED here,note the tell tale marks of diesel on the sleepers indicating an active double line): July 2019, only RE left

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmIX1puerpU

Banikoppa---Bhanapura electrification (Gadag-Koppal section) July 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcK6yv9NMhY

More electrification progress on SWR at the Goa end between Alnawar and Dharwad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAtM2l7ur4w

Londa-Alnavar doubling on Mormugoa-Dharwad section, commissioned 2 months ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxZ5vYDbSdw

So Tinaighat---Mormugoa via Dudhsagar falls (91 km) left for doubling through the Western ghats(Braganza ghats) and RE between Hospet and Mormugoa for FEDL Mormugoa to Chennai or Mormugoa to Vijayawada etc or Mormugoa---Bangalore

SWR is going to get a large number of RKMs doubled and electrified soon.
As per Naveen, these are nothing. You have to ask Bihar government to fund these projects.
pancha bhoota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 12:21 PM   #22137
pancha bhoota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 450
Likes (Received): 1155

Finally some light at the end of the tunnel

25-minute rail link: Airport halt station in 9 months

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/state/2...hs-754194.html
__________________

Kthamburaja liked this post
pancha bhoota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 04:39 PM   #22138
DigitalOne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 313
Likes (Received): 287

Naveen, please read this before you rant about this government or that government.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=955994
__________________

pancha bhoota liked this post
DigitalOne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 04:44 PM   #22139
DigitalOne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 313
Likes (Received): 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Naveen, please read this before you rant about this government or that government.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=955994
Sorry, please ignore above post. Unable to delete via App. Will post in detail later from laptop.
DigitalOne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2019, 12:49 AM   #22140
Mangal_Pandey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Behind chai ki dukaan of Jagadamba Dubey
Posts: 133
Likes (Received): 163

Ghataprabha---Chikodi Rd (entire section in Karnataka) will be the first doubled section on the Londa-Belgaum-Miraj--Pune route. The rails provided are of the highest density that IR uses ----->60kg/m. Heavy density rails will allow heavy freight and faster passenger trains. Electrification is also taking place simultaneously. The old bridge over River Krishna has been replaced with a new bridge and a second new bridge is coming up to carry the double line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Rj3gRc_Ig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvjLr85p4NI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IZF-rO6EY

Here are the traction poles between Londa-Belgaum--Miraj---Pune at Suldhal (between Gokak Rd and Belgaum) in Karnataka and in SWR territory on Jun 29, 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0tkPc4uwCo
__________________

vharihar, pancha bhoota liked this post

Last edited by Mangal_Pandey; August 15th, 2019 at 01:00 AM.
Mangal_Pandey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Tags
ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ರೈಲ್ವೆ, karnataka, karnataka railway

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us