[RO] Romania | road infrastructure • autostrăzi şi drumuri - Page 527 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 31st, 2019, 07:04 PM   #10521
marty11

Likes (Received): 1276

Brăila Bridge

Ionuty liked this post
marty11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 2nd, 2019, 02:22 AM   #10522
marty11

Likes (Received): 1276

Another cool video by Alexandru Duma

SRC_100, Ivan.s liked this post
marty11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2019, 11:19 PM   #10523
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1854

Holdea exit at Lot 3 of A1 Lugoj-Deva; the builder claims to have finished the works on July 31st (not sure from when exactly the filming is), but at least road markings are still in progress

Reception for Lot 4 should start on August 12th, and both lots are expected to be opened at the same time.
How long the reception takes is something that nobody knows, on A10 Lots 3 + 4, the road authorities kept the motorway closed for I think ~7 months for various stupid claims.. Let's see what surprise awaits for these lots..

BG_AT, Arnorian liked this post

Last edited by rudiwien; August 4th, 2019 at 09:42 PM.
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2019, 04:43 PM   #10524
Ivan.s

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty11 View Post
Another cool video by Alexandru Duma

What is the name of the first song/instrumental in the background?

igorlan liked this post

Last edited by Ivan.s; August 4th, 2019 at 07:23 PM.
Ivan.s no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 07:20 PM   #10525
bogdymol
bogdymod

It really looks like that in a couple of days another 40+ km of A1 motorway will be opened. Here's the most crucial part, the "bats hill", recorded today:

After the opening of this segment, there will be only a ~ 15 km gap remaining on A1 from the Hungarian border to Sibiu.
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 10:45 PM   #10526
rudiwien

It's funny to see the progress during the video - in the "first pass", the road marking separating the lanes on the eastbound carriageway are not there, but then at 7m10s, they magically appear

Keeping my fingers crossed that the reception will work as everyone hopes it will be, and this piece is finally opened.. I was driving there last weekend going west, and there was a 12km queue going east due to a truck that broke down, on a section that would be replaced by the motorway...

MirceaValahRO, BG_AT liked this post
Old August 11th, 2019, 07:58 AM   #10527
bogdymol
bogdymod

Looks like next week we'll have 40+ km of new motorway opened. They are just making the finishing touches right now. Videos from yesterday:

Soimus (Deva) exit:

Bats hill:

Holdea exit:

In the source article there are also some 360° pictures.
Old August 11th, 2019, 10:03 AM   #10528
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 25648

Great news!

On a side note, have there been any developments with that slide that threatened A1 near Aciliu?

travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 01:44 PM   #10529
pasadia

Likes (Received): 2106

No, everything is fine for now around that area.
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 10:18 PM   #10530
rudiwien

Yeah, so the expected first act of CNAIR (the Romanian road administration company) performing a reception has concluded as expected, though I guess many have not thought it would be possible yet again.. But there it is:

- They received lot 4, with "The Hill"

- They invented stupid reasons for NOT even starting reception for lot 3 (with the temporary exit at Holdea), claiming that some fences were not properly erected, the asphalt uneven, etc.. The truth behind it is likely that the builder had to build another wildlife bridge, that is part of the environmental permit, they received a construction permit for, and that they have built in good faith before contractual terms were settled. The current CNAIR leadership doesn't seem to honour that, so they want the builder to not claim the costs...

- Somewhat luckily for the builder, one ace up their sleeve is that lot 4 doesn't have an exit on the western side, thus, it is useless w/o lot 3. CNAIR propose to receive just the interchange (at Ilia), but the builder refused.

So, the Romanian soap opera, as usual, will continue... Curious to see what tomorrow will bring

(consensus on the Romanian infrastructure forum is that both lots are rather equal in quality; and surely lot 4 also has issues, recent slides, last week the national road next to it was flooded, and also some slopes suffered from that.. but they obviously applied double standards..)

pasadia, MichiH liked this post
Old August 12th, 2019, 10:40 PM   #10531
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 3863

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiwien View Post
- They received lot 4, with "The Hill"

I give it a wet winter, or thereabouts.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 07:05 PM   #10532
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 12100

It's a joke, right?

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 07:28 PM   #10533
bogdymol
bogdymod

Nope, the 2 motorway sections totaling 43 km remain closed for the moment.

It is an entire soap opera going on between the romanian motorway company and the Spanish company who built one of the 2 sections. From what I read in the last couple of hours, the romanian motorway company, although not formally signing the paperwork, has started to remove the concrete barriers on half of the section. That's a bit illegal what they are doing right now...
Old August 13th, 2019, 07:46 PM   #10534
bogdymol
bogdymod

Here's also a map showing these 2 motorway sections:
  • red: section 3, built by Spanish company Comsa, which includes 2 exits, one at both ends (this is the one which is not taken over by the motorway company due to some quality issues (which keep changing every couple of hours)
  • green: section 4, built by Romanian company UMB, which has been taken over and can be opened to traffic anytime (but can't because the western exit belongs to lot 3)
  • black: existing motorway

There's a pretty good article explaining the situation, but is in Romanian only.

MichiH liked this post
Old August 13th, 2019, 08:39 PM   #10535
rudiwien

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Nope, the 2 motorway sections totaling 43 km remain closed for the moment.

It is an entire soap opera going on between the romanian motorway company and the Spanish company who built one of the 2 sections. From what I read in the last couple of hours, the romanian motorway company, although not formally signing the paperwork, has started to remove the concrete barriers on half of the section. That's a bit illegal what they are doing right now...

The "serious partner", the Romanian state...

If it wasn't so sad, it would be really funny. If one made a movie like this, people would get upset how one could mock a country like that, but hey, it is happening in real..

I do hope that the constructor is going to sue the road authority for removing the barriers. For the rest, I do hope they are going to have an arbitration in an international court where they will get their rightful claims. It won't teach anyone a lesson, though...

In general, I really do not understand how many people in Romania trust what the officials claim, given all the scandals that emerged (road and other). But maybe this is what happens when most of the educated people migrate abroad.. But even worse, many newspapers also don't do their job, but just act as repeaters of the official statements..

Also, I really don't understand this black & white picture many are painting about the constructors. Yes, UMB (the builder of Lot 4) did a generally good job, BUT
(i) they looked so impressive because they also spread their work over 6 years (not their fault, true), so yes, it is easy to look like an exemplary force in the last 1-2 years when all that is left is a ~2 km section, and you concentrate all your workforce there, and
(ii) there are many other Romanian companies that did a poor job, and
(iii) there are of course also international companies that did a good job in Romania.

95% of the problems are however home-made by the authorities; if their projects were solid and prepared, they could very easily ask for penalties when delays occur. Many times, the project is already ongoing for 2-3 years, and STILL not all permits are granted, and thus, STILL the counter for the deadline has not officially started.. If that was fixed, then the actual construction would be definitely smoother... And contract penalties and terminations would be easy to apply.

It's a great shame, because Romania is really beautiful and has many different interesting destinations to offer, if only the infrastructure was up to the task...

bogdymol, MichiH liked this post
Old August 13th, 2019, 10:16 PM   #10536
rudiwien

A video from driving on Lot 3 Holdea - Ilia from today, by API:

Luki_SL, Advocat liked this post
Old August 13th, 2019, 11:52 PM   #10537
rudiwien

And one more video, the bat's hill, lot 4, which was approved.

What's really awesome - they cited that the fences on lot 3 would not be tight enough. But on lot 4, it's ok to have a pack of dogs 🙂
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:42 AM   #10538
sponge_bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiwien View Post
. But even worse, many newspapers also don't do their job, but just act as repeaters of the official statements..
Sadly that describes most of the press...everywhere. Especially local or regional press who merely copy and paste their 'product'.

Section 3 is also the one with the 'special' 'west' exit that was designed and built ONLY when API went and campaigned the state to go build it instead of waiting for Section 2 which is yet to start. Otherwise section 3 could not open either.

I'm pretty sure some posters here are API members too.

API are a Romanian Forum very like SSC and who also own the drone that does those progress Vids we get so often around here.
Old August 14th, 2019, 01:00 PM   #10539
rudiwien

According to the API (the "association for infrastructure"), the road authorities have sent a crane to forcefully remove the concrete barriers at the side of Ilia interchange, belonging to Lot 3, to "allow" Lot 4 to be utilised.

The authorities had proposed to the builder that they would accept the works on the interchange (but not the other 22km!) and put it into use, which the builder refused - so now the authorities turn to illegal actions..

Smells like a republic to me ...

(Picture: API)
Old August 14th, 2019, 03:35 PM   #10540
sponge_bob

I see Romania also has to deal with the notorious Impreza Pizzarotti, who were booted off a pile of Polish jobs earlier this year for non performance.

http://mesageruldealba.ro/2019/08/12...0-sebes-turda/

I could not be sure who is to blame here, officials or Impreza themselves. I suspect more the latter than the former, based on their incompetence in Poland.

(Translated Google)

Quote:
The builder Impresa Pizzarotti almost completely stopped the works on lot 1 of the A10 Sebeș-Turda Highway, warns the Pro Infrastructure Association (API).

"The pace has gradually decreased in the last period, and the unofficial reason for the new worsening of the situation is the attitude of those in the National Road Infrastructure Management Company who certify the executed works very late or even refuse to certify them. According to the CNAIR report in July, the physical stage reached 73.5%, but the financial one is only 61.43%. The difference of 12 percent means about 65 million lei, money invested by Italians in the construction site and still not settled by the Romanian state.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania