Andhra Pradesh Capital - Amaravati | News, Pics & Discussions - Page 131 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Andhra Pradesh > Amaravati

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 22nd, 2019, 07:04 PM   #2601
nh9

Likes (Received): 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinka sreekanth View Post
I dont believe in it.The sect always in the same dreams and caused downfall of CBN other wise CBN done better.Their feel is except for CBN no other person do better.Sri city SEZ is in the time of YSR and is number one industrial zone in AP.
The sect is always for the development of state. No doubt CBN is winning today. Just compare the fate of farmers who gave land for VANPIC and Amaravati. Not just famrers, fate of IAS officers who worked under YSR and CBN(SRI LAKSMI), fate of contractors(MAYTAS). The other areas were never neglected in the current regime. There was total balanced development through out the state. Even when compared to revenue surplus state like Telangana, AP did far better in number of parameters, whether it can implementation of welfare schemes, rural infrastructure, power or healthcare. Don't cry foul on sect, caste. I agree there might be few narrow minded people who always associate themselves with sect and caste, but as a matured person, we all should look beyond these trivial things.

mdhar.v12, Dr S S Prasad liked this post

Last edited by nh9; May 22nd, 2019 at 07:12 PM.
nh9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2019, 07:30 PM   #2602
mdhar.v12

Likes (Received): 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinka sreekanth View Post
I dont believe in it.The sect always in the same dreams and caused downfall of CBN other wise CBN done better.Their feel is except for CBN no other person do better.Sri city SEZ is in the time of YSR and is number one industrial zone in AP.
SriCity is private indian (Telugu guy)entity and there is nothing YSR has done to lure them to state.It is a fact that not a single big investment has come to AP during YSR term.Having said that YSR is a great leader who has done or infact introduced great welfare schemes like aarogyasri that had benefited a wider set of people but for sure industry and IT has taken backstage during his regime.

Dr S S Prasad liked this post
mdhar.v12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 03:23 AM   #2603
jinka sreekanth

Likes (Received): 10713

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh9 View Post
The sect is always for the development of state. No doubt CBN is winning today. Just compare the fate of farmers who gave land for VANPIC and Amaravati. Not just famrers, fate of IAS officers who worked under YSR and CBN(SRI LAKSMI), fate of contractors(MAYTAS). The other areas were never neglected in the current regime. There was total balanced development through out the state. Even when compared to revenue surplus state like Telangana, AP did far better in number of parameters, whether it can implementation of welfare schemes, rural infrastructure, power or healthcare. Don't cry foul on sect, caste. I agree there might be few narrow minded people who always associate themselves with sect and caste, but as a matured person, we all should look beyond these trivial things.
There is no doubt farmers sacrifised.Every one in AP indebted to their sacrifises and otherwise Ap capital is not viable.It is right thing to develop Amaravathi for the sake of farmers and for the sake of AP.Every sane person supports it.All these good things is nullified by these messiahas and create atmosphere that all other people are neglected.These people behaviour is so weird that it affected CBN which they dont know and blind faith force them like.Unless they dont change people show it in voting.Jagan will also meet the same fate if he supports unruly elements.
jinka sreekanth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2019, 01:48 AM   #2604
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 4

This thread can be temporarily locked for now. I really wish Jagan bulldozes whatever is done in Amaravati and gives land back to farmers. Most Andhra people are only good for farming and just peasants with peasant like caste jealousies. They don't deserve these things. I wish Jagan moves it to Domakonda or Kadapa.
karan@123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 08:29 AM   #2605
vin_hyd

Likes (Received): 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This thread can be temporarily locked for now. I really wish Jagan bulldozes whatever is done in Amaravati and gives land back to farmers. Most Andhra people are only good for farming and just peasants with peasant like caste jealousies. They don't deserve these things. I wish Jagan moves it to Domakonda or Kadapa.
I am worried about Amaravati now. A lot of land as been occupied from the farmers and Amaravati's future is uncertain. I hope the government doesn't change the capital.
vin_hyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 05:03 PM   #2606
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_hyd View Post
I am worried about Amaravati now. A lot of land as been occupied from the farmers and Amaravati's future is uncertain. I hope the government doesn't change the capital.
well the votes clearly show they don't like capital even in Krishan Guntur district. There is no point worrying about a "future" when the people there itself don't care. Let people have what they want - farm labor and farming. One should never develop an undeserving people it only increases social tensions among them.

JayDutta, cvrohit, mysoc, Dr S S Prasad liked this post
Old May 26th, 2019, 06:37 PM   #2607
vin_hyd

Likes (Received): 124

Quote:
well the votes clearly show they don't like capital even in Krishan Guntur district. There is no point worrying about a "future" when the people there itself don't care. Let people have what they want - farm labor and farming. One should never develop an undeserving people it only increases social tensions among them.
Looks like we will not have a proper capital until next time TDP govt. comes into power. Until then this thread might be dead.
vin_hyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 06:48 PM   #2608
karkal

Likes (Received): 21697

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_hyd View Post
Looks like we will not have a proper capital until next time TDP govt. comes into power. Until then this thread might be dead.
I doubt CBN's son is that competent, will CBN contest elections next time.
Old May 26th, 2019, 07:03 PM   #2609
Vara123

Likes (Received): 246

Guys, it is too early to come to a conclusion on the State & Amaravati Developments.
Vara123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 10:24 PM   #2610
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vara123 View Post
Guys, it is too early to come to a conclusion on the State & Amaravati Developments.

Logically I don't think jagan will give up on Amaravati. In 2004 YSR came to power criticizing hi-tec city but then happily joined in enjoying the benefits. in Amaravati the basic plans are already there, humongous construction is already happening. Jagan will encourage and happily benefit from the city.

Morover Jagan is also young and once I remember him saying … I am young I have travelled the world more than CBN and I can develop Amaravati better.

This recent interview shows him in best light https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-EuJK_Ig88.

So lets see. But CBN will always be great for conceiving a world class city in a third world dustbin (especially when it comes to cities) called India and going about acquiring land, meticulous planning etc.

Last edited by [email protected]; May 26th, 2019 at 10:34 PM.
Old May 27th, 2019, 08:19 AM   #2611
nh9

Likes (Received): 379

Quote:
Not at all true. People of AP deserves a good capital and they need it. People also care about it a lot. Polavaram was put on fast track than ever before by CBN govt., does that mean that people don't need polavaram project. It was vote split by Jenasena that led to the miserable failure in capital region. The anti vote went to YCP and Jena sena pulled TDP votes by a huge chunk in Krishna and Guntur districts. This is not the only one reason, lot of other factors led to the defeat of TDP. People are still in introspection mode on what actually went wrong.

And regarding the future of the city, Jagan has no option other than to go ahead with what CBN has started. It's at stage where it can't be undone or redesigned. At most he may change the Assembly design. Not even the high court, as the foundation work has already started. It'd definitely back fire on Jagan if he tires to do any manipulation or undoing what CBN has started.
nh9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 12:48 PM   #2612
vijayninel
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 159

Amaravati a Major Scam, Will Review Works : Jagan

Andhra Pradesh's Chief Minister designate Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy on Sunday alleged that there was a big land scam in new state capital Amaravati and alleged that his predecessor N. Chandrababu Naidu had resorted to "insider trading".

Addressing a news conference in the national capital, he said Naidu and his "benamis" (proxies) purchased vast tracts of lands at throwaway prices in Amaravati by misleading people that the state capital will come up at other places. Terming it as a sensational scam, Jagan said the lands of Naidu and his "benamis" were also exempted from land pooling under which lands of farmers and others were acquired.

"Even under the land pooling, he paid compensation to whoever he wanted and at whatever rate he wanted," said Jagan, who was in Delhi to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

He said he would look into the scams that happened during Telugu Desam Party (TDP) rule. "I have nothing against Mr Chandrababu Naidu but as the chief minister I am the custodian of the state."

He also announced that wherever scams had taken place, he would cancel those works and go for "reserve tenders" to award the works to the lowest bidder after ensuring participation of more number of bidders in the tender process."We will tell people where the scams were happening and how much public money we are able to save."

About the Polavaram project in which TDP government faced allegations of corruption, Jagan said he would cancel the works wherever irregularities were committed. He said completing the project in a time-bound manner with the Centre's support would be his priority.

Source: https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...g-jagan-102463
vijayninel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 04:53 PM   #2613
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post

Andhra Pradesh's Chief Minister designate Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy on Sunday alleged that there was a big land scam in new state capital Amaravati and alleged that his predecessor N. Chandrababu Naidu had resorted to "insider trading".

Addressing a news conference in the national capital, he said Naidu and his "benamis" (proxies) purchased vast tracts of lands at throwaway prices in Amaravati by misleading people that the state capital will come up at other places. Terming it as a sensational scam, Jagan said the lands of Naidu and his "benamis" were also exempted from land pooling under which lands of farmers and others were acquired.

"Even under the land pooling, he paid compensation to whoever he wanted and at whatever rate he wanted," said Jagan, who was in Delhi to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

He said he would look into the scams that happened during Telugu Desam Party (TDP) rule. "I have nothing against Mr Chandrababu Naidu but as the chief minister I am the custodian of the state."

He also announced that wherever scams had taken place, he would cancel those works and go for "reserve tenders" to award the works to the lowest bidder after ensuring participation of more number of bidders in the tender process."We will tell people where the scams were happening and how much public money we are able to save."

About the Polavaram project in which TDP government faced allegations of corruption, Jagan said he would cancel the works wherever irregularities were committed. He said completing the project in a time-bound manner with the Centre's support would be his priority.

Good..that means the capital is still on. Its just that he wants a piece of action for his contactors too.
Old May 27th, 2019, 04:57 PM   #2614
Vara123

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:

If there is a corruption, Jagan needs to make sure that these corrupted people are behind the bars and face charges like the way he went behind the bars and still facing charges. No one has an exception. Is he going to do that?
Vara123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 04:35 AM   #2615
johncraig

Likes (Received): 452

FRANKLY

100 % no scope of shifting

BABU WAS EXCELLENT.

HE CAME IN BUS AND STAYED IN BUS STARTED WORK.
NOT LIKE JAGAN , COME SIT & ORDER ......JUST FILE CASES.

People watching

FRANKLY 20% MORE BIDDING IS COMMON IN INFRA WORKS.

BUT THE PROBLEM WITH BABU IS.

HE IS OLD NOW. CAN'T FIRE ON GOVT STAFF FOR NOT WORKING.

JAGAN IS YOUTH. HE WILL EAT LIKE ANAKONDA, IF GOVT STAFF WON'T WORK.

EVERY ONE KNOW ALL GOVT STAFF COME ON TUESDAY AT 1PM AND LEAVE AT 2PM ON THURSDAY ITSELF IN BABU TIME.

NO ONE BOTHERED

MOREOVER IT WAS USELESS 5DAY WEEK FOR STAFF CAME FROM HYD.

NOW JAGAN WILL BREAK THAT AND MAKE THEM SIT HERE N PAY TAXES HERE.
JAGAN GOT GOOD MANDATE FROM PEOPLE.

SO NOTHING TO WORRY ON AMARAVATI.

FIRST 3YRS IT WILL BE A FULL STOP. THATS ALL.

ONCE MUD SETTLES. JAGAN SHOULD ALSO THINK IN DEVELOPING AMARAVATI.

No other go, jagan has.

Centre will never pay now for capital. It's unfortunate now.

So it will be damn slow for 3yrs.

4th yr jagan will start infra development and in 5 yr elections. So 2024 again it will be huge battle.

I agree jagan coming now is good. He can easily weed out scams.

BUT 100% ONE SHOULD AGREE THAT BABU was not that bad . But he failed in execution and timing.

PEOPLE BEHIND BABU ARE MOST DANGEROUS.

HE WAS HELPLESS , TO TAKE CARE OF HIS CHAIR AND full of CASTE POLITICS.

BUT JAGAN WILL KICK IN THEIR ASS IF ANY WRONG HE FINDS. COME WHAT MAY.

BECAUSE HE IS YOUTH AND AFTER 9YRS HARDEST WORK HE GOT THIS POSITION. SO WHY SOMEONE WILL LOOSE THIS OPPORTUNITY.

JAGAN CONSTRUCTED HUGE HUGE HOUSE AT AMARAVATI.
BABU WAS ON RENT HERE.

FORGET LOKESH . CANT EVEN THINK OF CM EVEN IN 2050 IN AP .

SOMETIMES I FEEL BABU LOST BECAUSE OF LOKESH.

100% CAPITAL WILL BE HERE.

WHERE IS MONEY TO SHIFT.........

Last edited by johncraig; June 4th, 2019 at 10:12 AM.
johncraig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 08:10 PM   #2616
vijayninel
Unregistered User

WRITING ENTIRELY IN BLOCK CAPITALS IS CALLED SHOUTING, it's considered to be rude and improper forum etiquette.

Please use caps only when required. Make your post in proper paragraphs using proper grammar. This will make the forum a better place and your points will go across to more people. Thank you.
Old June 4th, 2019, 10:11 AM   #2617
johncraig

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
WRITING ENTIRELY IN BLOCK CAPITALS IS CALLED SHOUTING, it's considered to be rude and improper forum etiquette.

Please use caps only when required. Make your post in proper paragraphs using proper grammar. This will make the forum a better place and your points will go across to more people. Thank you.

Frustration

Agreed on your comments

vijayninel liked this post
johncraig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2019, 08:53 PM   #2618
vijayninel
Unregistered User

After reading about the various statements given out by Jagan over the past weeks it seems to me that Amaravati is the least of his priorities now. He seems to be more interested in various social schemes and investigating alleged practices of corruption by the previous government.

There are also not enough funds for all these social schemes and large scale construction. Public debt has hit 2.25 lakh crore this year and the center is not willing to help. How much more debt can the state keep on taking? If prohibition is strictly imposed as he has promised then there will be further loss of revenue.

In these circumstances I dont see how construction of Amaravati can progress at the pace originally envisaged.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stop Amaravati Works, CM Jagan Orders

Right after taking oath as Chief Minister, YS Jagan has asked the Chief Secretary to stop all the engineering works across Andhra Pradesh owing to the financial burden. Now Jagan has shifted his focus on the capital city, Amaravati. He reportedly ordered for the halt of all the works in the capital region but this is a temporary order.

Jagan in his review meeting with CS and other officials, opined that the construction of permanent Secretariat, Assembly and High Court is not needed at this moment as the temporary ones are functioning without any hassle. The last TDP government has put tender for Rs 45000 crore of works in the capital region and this is putting a severe pressure on the state's treasury. If the works of the above are halted, the financial status could improve is what Jagan's thought process. Depending up on this, Jagan will take a call on the works in the capital.

On June 6th, Jagan will be holding a review meeting with Capital Region Development Authority (CRDA) and a vital decision is likely to be taken in this meeting. Which works of the capital should be moved forward and the least importance ones will be put hold for time being will be decided in this meeting.

Before the polls, there were rumours that YSRCP government might shift the capital region but so far there is no information from the government and political sources, whether Jagan is considering to shift the capital or not.

Source: https://www.gulte.com/news/76212/Sto...M-Jagan-Orders

Last edited by vijayninel; June 4th, 2019 at 09:50 PM.
Old June 7th, 2019, 04:53 PM   #2619
vijayninel
Unregistered User

Fate of Amaravati projects hangs in balance

Many of 30 infra, amusement projects started by TDP govt before polls are less than 25% complete, put on hold

VIJAYAWADA: With the new State government halting all engineering work contracts awarded before April 1, which were completed only to an extent of 25 per cent, fate of many projects in Amaravati hangs in the balance. Major projects facing uncertainty include Iconic Bridge, Vykuntapuram Barrage and most of the infrastructure projects whose foundations were laid by the previous government just before the elections.

Though tender for the 3.2-km-long six-lane Iconic Bridge worth Rs 1,387 crore, proposed to be built across River Krishna to connect Vijayawada with Amaravati, was awarded in June last year, work was formally launched by former chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu in January this year. “The work is still in foundation stage and is less than the 25 per cent cut-off mark. So, it falls in the list of work to be stopped as per the latest memo issued,” a top official told TNIE.

Several of the 30 infrastructure and amusement projects — worth over Rs 8,000 crore —awarded tenders by the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (APCRDA) and Amaravati Development Corporation Ltd (ADCL) in February this year are also likely to be put on hold. While some of these projects have crossed the quarter-way progress mark, others have not. Another project that is likely to be put on hold is the Vykuntapuram Barrage, which is being built to meet the drinking water needs of the new capital. Foundation for the Rs 2,200 crore-worth 10 tmc reservoir, executed by the water resources department, was laid in February. “The Rs 900 crore-worth check dam proposed at Chodavaram in the downstream of Prakasam Barrage may also be in the list,” an official said.

A few other amusement projects, which were proposed as part of the Amaravati Central Park but not awarded tenders, are likely to be put on hold till the new government announces its policy on the development of Amaravati.

Officials said some projects did not see much progress due to the elections.“We will explain at the review meeting scheduled on June 6 about the necessity of projects such as the Iconic Bridge, which will provide the only direct connectivity between Vijayawada and Amaravati. An action plan will be made after government’s orders,” an official said.

However, as per the order by the State government, not all projects with less than 25 per cent progress will be stopped. “No payment will be made in this regard before obtaining orders afresh from appropriate authorities,” the memo read. Sources said the government will grant a fresh administrative sanction to projects that it considers as crucial.

Source: http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...e-1984935.html
Old June 8th, 2019, 09:43 PM   #2620
Ramkar
Ramkar

Likes (Received): 17

Vara123, nh9 liked this post
Ramkar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
amaravati, andhra, andhra pradesh, capital, guntur, thullur, vijayawada