VIJAYAWADA | Durga Temple Flyover | U/C - Page 8 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Andhra Pradesh > Amaravati

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 26th, 2017, 08:45 PM   #141
nh9

Likes (Received): 380

tikkasriharsha liked this post
nh9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2017, 07:46 AM   #142
nh9

Likes (Received): 380

nh9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2017, 08:38 AM   #143
ecstasy198

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh9 View Post
Looks like the project picked up its pace. I think it will be completed by next yuga.......

I feel the company is not at all capable of taking up these kind of projects....
I dont understand why these idiots take up these kind of projects when they dont have the capability to execute these kind of projects....
ecstasy198 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2017, 09:53 AM   #144
pkota

Likes (Received): 93

I guess some of the blame should be shared by the government and bureaucrats who have awarded the contract to them without fully understanding their capabilities. Lowest bid and lobbying should not alone be the criteria

If a 3 km flyover takes 3-4 years to complete, imagine what would it take to construct a capital city, if these types of construction companies get the contract. With so much construction going on in India, I believe it should not be too difficult to prune and get referencible work of companies which can and cannot do different types of engineering works.
pkota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2018, 04:07 AM   #145
pkota

Likes (Received): 93

About an year ago, there were huge protests from the public on the delay and the unabated traffic woes. The government scrambled a team to check the pace, push the contractor to bring in more equipment/personnel, provide weekly reports and was supposed to get the work done by Ugadi 2018.

The whole noise around this flyover seems to have quietly died down now! I feel the governments and bureaucrats have mastered this script to stage manage public anger for decades! And, in fact people also got used to it too! Talk about sorry state of affairs.
pkota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 08:45 AM   #146
b_anil_b

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkota View Post

I guess some of the blame should be shared by the government and bureaucrats who have awarded the contract to them without fully understanding their capabilities. Lowest bid and lobbying should not alone be the criteria

If a 3 km flyover takes 3-4 years to complete, imagine what would it take to construct a capital city, if these types of construction companies get the contract. With so much construction going on in India, I believe it should not be too difficult to prune and get referencible work of companies which can and cannot do different types of engineering works.

The construction of this flyover is under the Central Government and not under the State Government. That's the reason why the State Government was unable to push this any further.
b_anil_b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 04:15 AM   #147
Vara123

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_anil_b View Post
The construction of this flyover is under the Central Government and not under the State Government. That's the reason why the State Government was unable to push this any further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_anil_b View Post
Central Government is not doing the payments on-time. State Government has spent 50 crores more than it's share to speed up the construction.
Vara123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 11:36 AM   #148
APSSC

Likes (Received): 0

We need to know the facts before blaming anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkota View Post

Project is under NHAI and tenders called by central govt and not state govt. State already spent more than its share to expedite the project. Center seems to be unwilling to complete the project. State should acquire land and handover to NHAI to start the construction and state did that in a record time of 2 months. Just imagine the efforts to acquire 3km stretch in Prime area of Vijayawada. But NHAI & Center is incapable of completing the same 3km flyover.
APSSC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2018, 10:07 AM   #149
aptalk

Likes (Received): 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by APSSC View Post
Project is under NHAI and tenders called by central govt and not state govt. State already spent more than its share to expedite the project. Center seems to be unwilling to complete the project. State should acquire land and handover to NHAI to start the construction and state did that in a record time of 2 months. Just imagine the efforts to acquire 3km stretch in Prime area of Vijayawada. But NHAI & Center is incapable of completing the same 3km flyover.

Then who used Nithin Gadkari's good office and awarded the project to pro TDP and incompetent Soma constructions?
aptalk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2018, 03:43 PM   #150
Vara123

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptalk View Post
Then who used Nithin Gadkari's good office and awarded the project to pro TDP and incompetent Soma constructions?
Can you tell me the projects that Soma could not complete?
Vara123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2018, 08:25 PM   #151
APSSC

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptalk View Post
Is that allegation on Nithin Gadkari or on State Government?

And the problem is not about the capability of Soma. The problem is Center not releasing funds to the work that is completed by contractor. No contractor will do the work beyond a certain point by risking his financial positions. If center releases funds in timely manner there is no problem in completing the work.
APSSC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:29 PM   #152
UHW
regaistrd usr

Likes (Received): 621

UHW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement