AMARAVATI | Sports City - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Andhra Pradesh > Amaravati

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 22nd, 2016, 02:38 PM   #1
hasanthdayala
Smile Seeker

Likes (Received): 755

AMARAVATI | Sports City

One of the nine cities planned in Amaravati

0175 by Hasanth Dayala, on Flickr

Last edited by hasanthdayala; January 22nd, 2016 at 03:18 PM.
hasanthdayala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2016, 03:10 PM   #2
hasanthdayala
Smile Seeker

0188 by Hasanth Dayala, on Flickr
Old February 14th, 2016, 08:30 PM   #3
hasanthdayala
Smile Seeker

01~1438cities sankey chart - Copy by Hasanth Dayala, on Flickr
Advertisement

Old April 3rd, 2016, 02:47 PM   #4
hasanthdayala
Smile Seeker

Proposed developments in Sports City

Proposed sports developments other than in Sports city

1. ACA Mangalagiri International Cricket Stadium

Last edited by hasanthdayala; May 4th, 2017 at 06:24 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2016, 02:49 PM   #5
hasanthdayala
Smile Seeker

Amaravati International cricket stadium on site pics

To be completed in an year and half

Amaravati international cricket stadium main entrance under construction by Hasanth Dayala, on Flickr

Amaravati international cricket stadium by Hasanth Dayala, on Flickr

Mangalagiri international cricket stadium by Hasanth Dayala, on Flickr

Gudavalli, Babji liked this post
Old April 7th, 2016, 01:02 PM   #6
vijayvmail

Likes (Received): 359

Does this cricket stadium come around the seed capital area? Is it part of the sports city ?

That's awfully quick to have progressed so far into construction. When was this planned?
Old April 7th, 2016, 06:27 PM   #7
hasanthdayala
Smile Seeker

It is in Capital city in Health city but this stadium is going to be headquarters of ACA (Andhra Cricket Assn) and probably they may not construct a cricket stadium in sports city in near future.
It got an expressway just beside stadium in master plan
Sports city thread is although about sports city but also about major sporting constructions in City

Mangalagiri International Cricket Stadium Planned in 2004 constructed started around 2006 but builders IVRCL took a long break of project and restarted it on 2013 after bifurcation

FYI,seed capital is the main part of the city where Government city and Central Business District (Finance city) lies and no other

Plan:

vijayvmail liked this post

Last edited by hasanthdayala; April 13th, 2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old April 8th, 2016, 01:42 PM   #8
tikkasriharsha
Sriharsha

Likes (Received): 1745

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanthdayala View Post
It is in Capital city in Health city but this stadium is going to be headquarters of ACA (Andhra Cricket Assn) and probably they may not construct a cricket stadium in sports city in near future.
It got an expressway just beside stadium in master plan
Sports city is although about sports city but also about major sporting constructions in City

Mangalagiri International Cricket Stadium Planned in 2004 constructed started around 2006 but builders IVRCL took a long break of project and restarted it on 2013 after bifurcation

FYI,seed capital is the main part of the city where Government city and Central Business District (Finance city) lies and no other

Plan:
IVRCL

tikkasriharsha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 01:54 PM   #9
hasanthdayala
Smile Seeker

after bifurcation ACA threatened IVRCL that they will blacklist and withdraw their contract
IVRCL cameback and restarted works and deadline is around end of 2017
Old April 8th, 2016, 02:08 PM   #10
hasanthdayala
Smile Seeker

closer view of plan

Babji liked this post

Last edited by hasanthdayala; January 24th, 2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old April 8th, 2016, 02:34 PM   #11
Babji

Likes (Received): 595

I hope it would come up as one of the best of its kind in South India!

does anyone know the capacity of Mangalagiri Intl Cricket Stadium?

Wikipedia says, 40,000 but diff news articles mention diff figures like 30,000 - 35,000 ...
Babji no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 03:42 PM   #12
hasanthdayala
Smile Seeker

Its 30,000 as per ACA member of this video

The side roofs are really helpful
Uppal stdm dont even have them now and we can see people struggling in sun

It got much modern look like uppal stdm which lacks in YSR Stadium

Babji liked this post
Old April 8th, 2016, 04:04 PM   #13
hasanthdayala
Smile Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasriharsha View Post
IVRCL
Hope it is a safe structure and not a kolkata bridge

Old April 23rd, 2016, 01:22 PM   #14
hasanthdayala
Smile Seeker

Amaravati set to host National Games 2019

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/50305133.cms

Quote:
Vijayawada: Although it's not yet officially declared, by all accounts the National Games of 2019 is going to be held in Amaravati, the new capital of Andhra Pradesh.

The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) general body , which met in Guwahati on Wednesday, has agreed to allot the 37th edition of the National Games to the residual state - which was the lone bidder (Rs 50 lakh being the bid amount).

"Taking chief minister Chandrababu Naidu's experience in organising the 2002 National Games in Hyderabad and the Afro-Asian Games in 2003 into account, the IOA favoured AP's bid," AP Olympic Association secretary R K Purushottam, who was present at the meeting, told TOI over phone on Wednesday .

Confirming the development, Telangana Olympic Association president K Ranga Rao said, "It's as good as AP has bagged the prestigious National Games."

Senior officials said that Naidu has been keen to bring the National Games to the state as he wants to showcase Amaravati as a world class capital. "It will also help bring world-class infrastructure to the new capital. By successfully building stadia and other paraphernalia during the 2002 games, Naidu could hardsell Hyderabad as the wonder capital then. He now wants to replicate the same model for Amaravati," a senior official said.

While Goa is hosting the next edition (36th) of National Games in 2016, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand and Haryana had placed bids for the 2018 games. Although National Games are held once in two years, the next calendar is said to have been adjusted to 2019 following AP's request. Purushottam told the IOA that world class facilities would be created in time for the games. "We promised we will make the games one of the best in the history," he said.

Sources said the state government would require at least Rs 1,000 crore to create infrastructure to host the National Games, including stadia, equipment and accommodation. Around 10,000 athletes from 33 disciplines would take part in the games.

At present, Vijayawada has just one indoor stadium, the DRR Stadium, and one outdoor stadium, the Indira Gandhi Municipal Corporation (IGMC) Stadium. "We have three years to build world class stadia. It's a big moment for AP . The National Games will help get a branding for the new capital city," claimed Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh (SAAP) chairman P R Mohan.

Babji liked this post
Old April 23rd, 2016, 08:08 PM   #15
Babji

Likes (Received): 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanthdayala View Post
Amaravati set to host National Games 2019

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/50305133.cms
I am loving this. This will give rise to more sports, hotel and road infra projects!
Babji no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2016, 06:20 PM   #16
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 25

Hasanth!Man you deserve a big round of applause!The way you keep us updated about everything that's happening down there.I guess i can feel your unrelenting energy & excitement all the way in here.

I know the job at hand is daunting and it looks like a massive challenge but i truly hope if there is one guy who can make it possible in Andhra,it's CBN.

There are a lot of naysayers out there who still don't think it's doable but i guess they are forgetting the fact that the capital is coming up between two big cities in the form of VJA & GNT,so in a way we already have a population of roughly 20-24 lakhs while Hyd has a population of 70 lakhs or thereabouts.......so we have a start,it's not as if we are building a capital out in the jungle and trying to bring people in.

I think CBN has got it absolutely spot on regarding the quickest way to grow a city is via INVESTMENTS spanning across various sectors and as long as he's successful in doing that,i have no doubt that Amaravati will grow at a good pace and you'll see people coming into the city.

I love his holistic approach of incorporating all the major streams into his idea of a global city notably sports,healthcare,entertainment and so on...India for ages has been crying out for a city that's truly International in standards and i guess we have failed to achieve that so far and having lost Hyd,we have a once in a lifetime opportunity to build something from scratch that not just will equal Hyd BUT BETTER IT!

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that with each day just like you mentioned,he gets a great response from everyone....i remember Ajay Devgan meeting him recently
about an idea he has...so as long as people keep queuing up and have something add to this beautiful capital city of ours,i guess we are in safe hands.The investments should just keep coming,the population & the city will grow automatically,that's not even a concern.

P.S - And do keep us updated!
Cheers!!

Gudavalli liked this post
blu_tooth@maverick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2016, 06:28 PM   #17
Gudavalli

Likes (Received): 5154

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hasanth!Man you deserve a big round of applause!The way you keep us updated about everything that's happening down there.I guess i can feel your unrelenting energy & excitement all the way in here.

I know the job at hand is daunting and it looks like a massive challenge but i truly hope if there is one guy who can make it possible in Andhra,it's CBN.

There are a lot of naysayers out there who still don't think it's doable but i guess they are forgetting the fact that the capital is coming up between two big cities in the form of VJA & GNT,so in a way we already have a population of roughly 20-24 lakhs while Hyd has a population of 70 lakhs or thereabouts.......so we have a start,it's not as if we are building a capital out in the jungle and trying to bring people in.

I think CBN has got it absolutely spot on regarding the quickest way to grow a city is via INVESTMENTS spanning across various sectors and as long as he's successful in doing that,i have no doubt that Amaravati will grow at a good pace and you'll see people coming into the city.

I love his holistic approach of incorporating all the major streams into his idea of a global city notably sports,healthcare,entertainment and so on...India for ages has been crying out for a city that's truly International in standards and i guess we have failed to achieve that so far and having lost Hyd,we have a once in a lifetime opportunity to build something from scratch that not just will equal Hyd BUT BETTER IT!

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that with each day just like you mentioned,he gets a great response from everyone....i remember Ajay Devgan meeting him recently
about an idea he has...so as long as people keep queuing up and have something add to this beautiful capital city of ours,i guess we are in safe hands.The investments should just keep coming,the population & the city will grow automatically,that's not even a concern.

P.S - And do keep us updated!
Cheers!!
Let's not bring Hyderabad here but you're right Hasanth has done a great job at keeping us updated.

As a fan of modern cities, I've long been waiting for new cities to be built in India but everything moves at such a slow pace. I'm hoping Amaravati would be developed according to plan and more importantly doesn't fall to land sharks and corruption.
Gudavalli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2016, 07:50 PM   #18
mmwonders

Likes (Received): 17

Kudos Hasanth

Kudos Hasanth and thanks for keeping us posted of all developements
mmwonders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2016, 01:23 PM   #19
hasanthdayala
Smile Seeker

A.P. honours Sindhu, Gopi; 15 acres for academy

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle9023474.ece

Quote:
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday announced that the government would allot 15 acres in the new capital city of Amaravati for developing a world class badminton academy by national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand.

Taking part in the grand felicitation organised by the State Government to Rio Olympics silver medallist P. V. Sindhu and her mentor Gopi here, he promised to develop sports infrastructure of international standards at Amaravati, coming up near Vijayawada.

“In the new capital we have earmarked a place for sports city in which the academy will come up. It will be one of the best academies in the world,” he added.

Earlier, both the guru and the sishya were given a rousing welcome in which thousands of school children participated from both Krishna and Guntur districts.

The entire 6-km stretch from the Gannavaram airport to the IGMC stadium witnessed several flex banners on either side of the road hailing Sindhu’s triumph.

However, the three-hour delay tested the patience of the packed stadium.

Setting aside protocol, Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu received the star shuttler amidst bursting of crackers and rendering of Vedic hymns. He honoured both Sindhu and Gopichand with prize money of Rs. 3 crore and Rs. 50 lakh respectively at the concluding day ‘harathi’ ritual of the Krishna Pushkarams at the Pavirhtra Sanghamam in the evening.

He also announced grant of 1,000 square yards at Amaravati and Group I job in the State government to Sindhu.

Hailing Sindhu’s triumph as an inspiration to youngsters, he exhorted children to emulate the shuttler who worked hard with singular dedication to make the podium finish.

The Chief Minister, apart from showering bonanza on the star duo, announced Rs.25 lakh to Kidambi Srikanth from Guntur district, who lost in the quarterfinals in the men’s singles and Rs. 25 lakh to Rajani from Chittoor district, who represented the Indian women’s hockey team in the Olympics. “I am offering Group II job to both of them,” he said amidst thunderous applause form the public.

The Andhra Cricket Association and Urban Telugu Desam party each donated Rs.25 lakh to Sindhu and Rs. 10 lakh to Gopi. Real estate company Futureall Homes presented a cheque for Rs.50 lakh to the shuttler.

Naidu plays with Sindhu

The Chief Minister, much to the delight of the packed stadium, played badminton with Sindhu and also engaged her in a couple of long rallies.

He also tweeted – “ Tried my hand at badminton against Sindhu, silver medallist at Rio Olympics 2016 [sic]”.

World renowned percussionist Sivamani, who produced sounds from a suitcase, won the hearts of many with his artistic drumming.

Babji liked this post
Old August 24th, 2016, 01:24 PM   #20
hasanthdayala
Smile Seeker

P Gopichand gets 15 acres in Amaravati

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/53838912.cms

Quote:
VIJAYAWADA: Offering 15 acres of land in Amaravati, chief minister Chandrababu Naidu invited Pullela Gopichand, chief national coach for the Indian badminton team and coach of Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu, to establish a world-class badminton academy in the state capital.

Speaking at the civic reception accorded to Sindhu at the Indira Gandhi Municipal Corporation (IGMC) stadium here on Tuesday, the chief minister said this academy will be part of the proposed Sports City in the capital region. "The academy should have the best infrastructure to attract international players. For this, we shall offer 15 acres," he announced.

The government will pool in funds by way of donations to establish the academy, he said and promised that the government would also chip in with financial assistance, if need be. Naidu said Andhra University (AU) has decided to confer a doctorate on Gopichand. Asserting that his dream is to conduct the Olympics in India, particularly in Amaravati, Naidu said that he would take the responsibility to ensure that the games are conducted in Amaravati in future. "I had advocated for conduct of an international sports meet in India. I repeat the same now. The Prime Minister and the President should start bidding for the Olympics," he thundered, inviting loud cheers and claps from the crowd.

The CM said his government will make Amaravati a hub of sports and ensure that international players are churned out from the state.

Babji liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement