#PROJECT: DUBAI SQUARE (A.K.A. DCH MALL) - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Dubai Creek Development > Dubai Creek Harbour

Dubai Creek Harbour A large, master-planned water-front development by Emaar

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 6th, 2019, 12:41 AM   #61
Hamad-

Likes (Received): 112

Why do They always cancel the good project:
Jumeirah garden
Jumeirah central
Dubai sqaure
Hamad- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 6th, 2019, 02:19 AM   #62
BinSuroor

Likes (Received): 1308

OMG why would they do that, first the tower puts on hold and now this
I'm worried about DCH
BinSuroor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 06:55 AM   #63
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 40188

You should be worried about all projects ... many developers have put many projects On hold but it is still not spoken publicly. I feel it is starting to smell like 2008/2009

My Instagram: ucd_dxb
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 6th, 2019, 09:00 AM   #64
Kyll.Ing.

Likes (Received): 5528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamad- View Post
Why do They always cancel the good project:
Jumeirah garden
Jumeirah central
Dubai sqaure
Supply and demand. Although Dubai has growth ambitions, the number of inhabitants can only grow so fast. There is a limit to how many people will buy property in Dubai at any time, particularly luxury property. The same goes for hotels, offices, retail, etc. Without a huge increase in either population or tourism, there simply aren't enough people to fill all the buildings. It seems that for some time, developers have built more real estate than it is feasible to sell, over-supplying the market. Now they are beginning to realize that they can't sell everything they have built - and yet there are plans to build even more. No wonder why those plans are being put on ice, starting with the biggest and most spectacular (and thus most risky) ones.
Kyll.Ing. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 10:46 AM   #65
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
You should be worried about all projects ... many developers have put many projects On hold but it is still not spoken publicly. I feel it is starting to smell like 2008/2009
Well, when Gabriel is starting to worry, then the market issue in Dubai is serious.

Killuminari, lovelykuwait liked this post
DubaiM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 11:26 AM   #66
ostendadler
Beat the Heat

Likes (Received): 311

buy when everybody sells - isn't that what that Buffet guy said ?

Killuminari liked this post
ostendadler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 02:25 PM   #67
Hamad-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyll.Ing. View Post
Supply and demand. Although Dubai has growth ambitions, the number of inhabitants can only grow so fast. There is a limit to how many people will buy property in Dubai at any time, particularly luxury property. The same goes for hotels, offices, retail, etc. Without a huge increase in either population or tourism, there simply aren't enough people to fill all the buildings. It seems that for some time, developers have built more real estate than it is feasible to sell, over-supplying the market. Now they are beginning to realize that they can't sell everything they have built - and yet there are plans to build even more. No wonder why those plans are being put on ice, starting with the biggest and most spectacular (and thus most risky) ones.
What !! So because the supply and demand they replace low rise with high rise

Jumeirah central vs jumeirah downtown

Dubai dont like hard to build project they lookign for less urban planning concept . Just road and tower such as business bay because they donít want to waste money in thing that donít make money like good quality pavement or underground parking or good quality public area
Old February 6th, 2019, 03:00 PM   #68
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 4414

Quote:
Any 200m+ tower currently under construction we need to worry about?

Tom_Green no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 03:36 PM   #69
city of the future
city of the future

Likes (Received): 391

I do think everything that has started to rise should be ok, but new launches and new areas, like DCH, Jumeira Burj district, b2020 district will be worrisome. This is what I have been saying for many years. just improve and finish projects like BB and DT, DIFC so it created a community, rather than having countless half-finished building sites. Because no one wants to live in a building site

Tom_Green liked this post
city of the future no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 03:42 PM   #70
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by city of the future View Post
I do think everything that has started to rise should be ok, but new launches and new areas, like DCH, Jumeira Burj district, b2020 district will be worrisome. This is what I have been saying for many years. just improve and finish projects like BB and DT, DIFC so it created a community, rather than having countless half-finished building sites. Because no one wants to live in a building site
Yes. If everything is as nearly finished as the Dubai Marina then it would be great.

city of the future liked this post
Old February 6th, 2019, 06:23 PM   #71
gevorika78

Likes (Received): 4666

Give Dubai a break!! Let it figure things out.

Emarati2009 liked this post
gevorika78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 09:55 PM   #72
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 40188

What really worries me is the current slowdown was expected after EXPO2020, and I work in the industry and I hear how grim it is for everyone right now and I am witnessing a total slowdown in construction, smaller projects are going on hold, some of the big ones as well from Nakheel and DP, the whole Deira Island is now On Hold.

The one good thing is, projects that are in premium areas or with sea view/BK view .. seems to be still unaffected and might still bring sales and interest.

Now one should ask, if this is happening now, when it was expected post EXPO, what will happen then?

Dubai needs to become a city for everyone, with laws that give people living here a sense of home, which will attract more to move and settle in it. lets see what changes the coming 2 years will bring. There is still hope.

My Instagram: ucd_dxb
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 10:10 PM   #73
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

For me it`s not such a surprise. Shanghai had also a market correction before the Expo 2010.
https://www.rieti.go.jp/en/china/14060401.html

Killuminari liked this post
Old February 7th, 2019, 04:56 AM   #74
Chakazoolu

Likes (Received): 136

If the tower gets built, Emaar will absolutely need to make money out of people visiting the landmark. I’m not talking about the observation deck, but rather views from below. Retail & F&B will be an integral part of its surroundings. Visitors will want this just as much. The mall will most likely be reconcepulised and redesigned, not that this comes as a surprise to anyone, just a trend of project designs across Dubai.
Emaar achieve this with Burj Khalifa but Dubai Holdings dont achieve the same with Burj Al Arab, hence why the new hotel is being built to block the view from the public beach. With paid access to view the hotel via their Observation deck and F&B offerings from their new hotel.
Chakazoolu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 06:21 AM   #75
Hamad-

Quote:
What really worries me is the current slowdown was expected after EXPO2020, and I work in the industry and I hear how grim it is for everyone right now and I am witnessing a total slowdown in construction, smaller projects are going on hold, some of the big ones as well from Nakheel and DP, the whole Deira Island is now On Hold.

The one good thing is, projects that are in premium areas or with sea view/BK view .. seems to be still unaffected and might still bring sales and interest.

Now one should ask, if this is happening now, when it was expected post EXPO, what will happen then?

Dubai needs to become a city for everyone, with laws that give people living here a sense of home, which will attract more to move and settle in it. lets see what changes the coming 2 years will bring. There is still hope.
Nobody will move and settle here without job. Dubai need to create more sectors which create jobs .

gevorika78 liked this post
Old February 7th, 2019, 11:31 AM   #76
Kyll.Ing.

Likes (Received): 5528

Quote:
This seems reasonable. "Lower demand than supply" doesn't mean "no demand at all." If 30,000 units are put out for sale, but only a third of them are sold, it's a crisis for the market, but it still means 10,000 sales. They have to go somewhere. In times of slumps, there will still be people buying property, but buyers will congregate around the most attractive areas.

Quote:
I don't think it's completely certain that a slump will happen after the Expo. I think what's happening is that the Expo is getting so close that it's possible to tell with some certainty how the market will behave during it. Companies had high (unreasonably high?) expectations for the Expo, and they're realizing already now that they might not be met. In a sense, this is the post-Expo slump, the market is seeing it coming and reacting already. To use a bad allegory, the sale of snow shovels will not go up during a blizzard, but when it is forecast. So whatever happens post-Expo is, in a sense, happening now instead of later.
Kyll.Ing. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 11:45 AM   #77
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4746

Maybe this is a good market development. I hope it will teach the government and the developers (which are partly owned by the government as well) that they should improve existing urban areas and not start on new giant districts somewhere in the urban hinterland of Dubai. The city has a population of 3 million and its current downtowns are so big in terms of urban area and scale of buildings as if it was a city of about 10 million.

At this point, I would be even more excited to see lots of quality developments in the Downtown Area and in Business Bay (e.g. redevelopment of the rows of parking lots at SZR, lots of new retail and recreational spaces or development of the former Signature Tower plot) than any of those huge new projects like Dubai Creek Harbour or Jumeirah Central.

There is still plenty of space to build landmark buildings like megatalls in downtown, DIFC and Dubai Marina and you don't need a whole new district around them for them to work because they would be built in an existing urban area (and would probably have great Burj Views to boost sales).

gevorika78 liked this post
DubaiM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 02:07 PM   #78
city of the future
city of the future

Likes (Received): 391

Exactly on point! The days of giant build from scratch projects are over, and naive developers still think thatís it is feasible, especially in such a competitive market. Dubai has a downtown already and more then enough malls. Right now I would focus on extending the metro even further, creating new lines. Increasing train frequencies. Liven up business bay and downtown, and focus on creating a unique and unforgettable experience. The infrastructure is there, the people are there, why build new area that would be detrimental to both the existing areas and new ones.
city of the future no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 09:27 PM   #79
lilzena

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by city of the future View Post
Exactly on point! The days of giant build from scratch projects are over, and naive developers still think thatís it is feasible, especially in such a competitive market. Dubai has a downtown already and more then enough malls. Right now I would focus on extending the metro even further, creating new lines. Increasing train frequencies. Liven up business bay and downtown, and focus on creating a unique and unforgettable experience. The infrastructure is there, the people are there, why build new area that would be detrimental to both the existing areas and new ones.

Where to build in marina, business bay or DIFC ? No more plot left Habibi. I think dubai is just doing amazing with expansion and new developments but true with people not feeling home with current laws! Understand also it is not easy to keep the safety & culture controlled with current laws & population. Needs more time and studying I guess.
Old February 9th, 2019, 09:29 PM   #80
lilzena

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinSuroor View Post
OMG why would they do that, first the tower puts on hold and now this

I'm worried about DCH

The tower is not on hold! Many stuff you hear over forums are not true!
Advertisement

Tags
dubai creek harbour