#PROJECT: DUBAI CREEK HARBOUR (Formerly THE LAGOONS) - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Dubai Creek Development > Dubai Creek Harbour

Dubai Creek Harbour A large, master-planned water-front development by Emaar

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 17th, 2006, 10:41 PM   #21
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

u took the picture of the ad with the same camera face uses

did u buy them at the same time, discount for two or what

anyway, this project is great, they just have to keep the wildlife sanctuary west of the lagoons.

and the SZR picture in the ad is amazing.
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2006, 10:51 PM   #22
THE DUBAI GUYS
Ruff 'n' Ready

Likes (Received): 378

lol! i didnt know he has that camera...lol...i just bought mine because I liked it and my old camera was those ones which works with film...i dropped while on holiday (in times square) so I needed a new one...i am the only one in my family who could have dropped it...because im acc. to my family a tad bit on the clumsy side...

R
THE DUBAI GUYS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #23
Face81

Likes (Received): 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiflo
u took the picture of the ad with the same camera face uses

did u buy them at the same time, discount for two or what

anyway, this project is great, they just have to keep the wildlife sanctuary west of the lagoons.

and the SZR picture in the ad is amazing.
Hey, yeah! Good point! I obviously use a very popular Sony camera model
The late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum [1912 - 1990]
Face81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2006, 03:46 PM   #24
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Saturday, 22 April, 2006
Halcrow and Hill win job to oversee The Lagoons
by Angela Giuffrida

The Lagoons will comprise a series of seven islands — linked by bridges — to be built on Dubai’s creek.
Hill International and Halcrow have been appointed as consultants on what could be Dubai’s biggest tower development to date.

Sama Dubai, a real estate and development company
owned by Dubai Holding, is ploughing US $18 billion (AED65 billion) into the mega project along Dubai Creek, to be called The Lagoons.

Spread over 6.5 million m2, the project will consist of seven islands — linked by bridges — with residential buildings, shopping centres, office buildings and marinas.

There will also be a central business district, five-star hotels, a theatre, a planetarium, an art gallery, a museum, and Dubai’s first opera house, which is being designed by architect Zaha Hadid.

“The Lagoons project is one of the biggest real estate projects being undertaken and is aimed at creating a unique development, which will reinforce and strengthen the positioning of the UAE and particularly that of Dubai as an international centre of business, trade and tourism,” said Mohammad Al Gergawi, UAE Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs and executive chairman of Dubai Holding.

The project is one of the first in Dubai on which an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) will be carried out.
Sama Dubai is also consulting with environmental groups such as the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) on the impact of building on and near areas of natural interest.

“Ensuring environmental safety is one of the fundamental strategies of Sama Dubai, especially under The Lagoons project,” said Farhan Faraidooni, CEO of Sama Dubai.

“The Lagoons will offer the unique setting of being
located next to the internationally important [Ras Al Khor] wildlife sanctuary with spectacular views.”

Construction will be spread over a timeframe dependent on demand from investors and end-users.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 04:10 PM   #25
zee
Jelly Bean!!

Likes (Received): 24

when is construction expected to start?
zee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 12:27 AM   #26
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

Likes (Received): 5

this is somewhat.....

i mean, wow, why can't they say more?!?!
Old April 26th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #27
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

Likes (Received): 5

this is why i love dubai properties
announce project and build immediately

Sama Dubai commences construction work on 'The Lagoons' mega-project in Dubai

Sama Dubai, the international real estate investment and development arm of Dubai Holding, recently announced the start of construction work on 'The Lagoons' project, situated on the Dubai Creek.
United Arab Emirates: 38 minutes ago

Construction work has started on 'The Lagoons' project.

'The Lagoons' project is the first of its kind and is expected to catalyze Dubai's position as an international destination, with seven independent island projects designed according to a comprehensive study of environmental effects.

Farhan Faraidooni, CEO of Sama Dubai, said:

'We are keen to implement all project phases by 2010 as previously announced.'

The project has attracted a number of local and Gulf investors since its launch and more than 20% of the allotted lands for sale were sold out within the first two weeks, Faraidooni noted.

Faraidooni pointed out that consultation with different international and local organizations and stakeholders such as Dubai Municipality, World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) - UAE office, as well as the Wildlife Protection Office (WPO) - Dubai, has been ongoing and that the project's environmental excellence is a cornerstone of the development.

It is worth mentioning that 'The Lagoons' is set to be a signature development within the booming property sector that has developed in Dubai over the past four years. The project will help enhance the city's diversity and multicultural character and add to the development of its residential and tourist population.

'The Lagoons' ' many attractions will provide tourists staying in one of the many five star hotels with a plethora of entertainment venues including over 50 shopping malls, retail arcades, health spas and parks. Residents as well as visitors will also be able to enjoy a number of cultural attractions such as the theater, museum, arts center and opera house. 'The Lagoons' offers luxury villas and apartments overlooking the creek with scenic yacht marinas and waterways, not to mention commercial towers and state of the art facilities catering to the local and regional business community.
Old April 26th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #28
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 139

50 shopping malls? WTF?
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 02:14 PM   #29
Face81

Likes (Received): 272

OMG!!!!
The late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum [1912 - 1990]
Face81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 02:31 PM   #30
THE DUBAI GUYS
Ruff 'n' Ready

Quote:
50 shopping malls, retail arcades, health spas and parks.
50 in total...but still woah!

R
Old April 26th, 2006, 02:39 PM   #31
thedubailife
To Infinty and Beyond

Likes (Received): 1

I think this is a great project....any news on a website for more details... Was the paper advert actually selling any towers.
thedubailife no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #32
THE DUBAI GUYS
Ruff 'n' Ready

http://www.lagoons.ae/

not much on there tough...but still good to have one.

R
Old April 26th, 2006, 03:02 PM   #33
thedubailife
To Infinty and Beyond

Thanks, can't wait for the actual towers / developments to be announced.
Old April 26th, 2006, 03:56 PM   #34
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

50 malls.. those will be smaller theme malls i guess.

anyway, DP rocks, announce, start construction one week later.

that is what we need..

also check out http://www.sama-dubai.com/ , i love those guys.

i really do. and read all the lagoons stuff on the website this could turn out to be the best project in Dubai.
Old April 26th, 2006, 11:56 PM   #35
thedubailife
To Infinty and Beyond

I think it will be a very good project

Have you seen Dubai towers Istanbul on there site looks like Infinity, but there are two one bigger then the other

Sama Dubai have some very intresting projects around the world......

Last edited by thedubailife; April 27th, 2006 at 12:01 AM.
Old April 27th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #36
soennecken
We will not be the last

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy
The Lagoons, Dubai Lagoon, The Villa, Dubai Waterfront, The Waterfront, The Skyscraper, Marina Tower, Dubai Marina, Lakeview, Lakepoint, Lake Terrace, Al Burj, Burj Dubai, Burj Al Arab, The Tower.... phew!
DON'T FORGET BURJ AL ALAM, then of course there is the API WORLD TOWER(would that be API BURJ AL ALAM in Arabic?)
soennecken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:20 PM   #37
Krazy
Kool Kat

Likes (Received): 36

Sama Dubai appoints Abdulsalam Almarri General Manager for 'The Lagoons' mega-project

Sama Dubai, the real estate investment and development arm of Dubai Holding, announced today that it has appointed Abdulsalam Almarri as the General Manager for 'The Lagoons' project as part of the company's policy to hire qualified nationals.

Abdulsalam Almarri.

In his new capacity, Almarri will be in charge of managing and supervising 'The Lagoons' project.

Farhan Faraidooni, CEO of Sama Dubai, said: 'Given the challenges posed by the uniqueness and scale of the project and the need for capable management, the appointment of Abdulsalam Almarri comes as a significant strategic move.'

'Based on his extensive managerial and technical experience, I believe that Almarri will contribute greatly to the success of 'The Lagoons' project and the achievement of the project's goals. This move also reconfirms Sama Dubai's pledge to offer qualified UAE nationals more opportunities to serve their country through assuming key leadership positions."

'Almarri is certainly an important member of our team, a team we have been putting together in order to set a new benchmark in the real estate sector. We are confident that Almarri will have a pivotal role in the overall management and development of 'The Lagoons' project,' he continued.

'I am delighted to join the 'The Lagoons' team, and looking forward to tackling the challenges and the responsibilities, as well as the success story that is the Lagoons project,' said Abdulsalam Almarri, General Manager, The Lagoons.

Almarri has held a number of leading positions in the Dubai real estate sector, including Operations Manager at Dubai International Properties. There he supervised the administrative affairs, human resources and IT departments over a period of one year, which witnessed exponential growth in the number of projects undertaken by the company.

Almarri also held the position of director of the Chairman of the Board of Directors' office at Dubai's Department of Health and Medical Service's for five years before joining Dubai International Properties. Almarri was an officer and director of the IT Department with the UAE Armed Forces for over ten years.

Almarri holds a Masters degree in Business Administration from the UK and a Bachelors degree in IT from Arkansas, USA. He is 40-years-old, married and has six children.

'The Lagoons' is one of the biggest real estate developments being undertaken in Dubai. It is one of the first projects in the Emirate to conduct a comprehensive Integrated Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) following international standards across all phases of the project. 'The Lagoons' will offer freehold property with 100 per cent ownership to all nationalities.

'The Lagoons' will have seven beautifully landscaped islands incorporating parkland and open spaces. It will include a comprehensive range of facilities and conveniences and will comprise of residential units, shopping centers, office buildings, and marinas. These detached islands will be interlinked with bridges. The project will also incorporate a unique work environment with its own Central Business District (CBD), where multi-nationals and regional corporations can establish their headquarters.

Half of the project will be sold to third party investors as land plots for development. The remaining 50 per cent of the area will be developed, managed and operated by Sama Dubai. The project will be spread over an area of 70 million sq. ft.
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 11:43 PM   #38
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6177

I drove along the site today and it is HUGE. It is fully boarded and alot of huge billboards are being erected.

Some were already compleated and, boy, this project will have TALL towers!
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 01:14 AM   #39
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD
I drove along the site today and it is HUGE. It is fully boarded and alot of huge billboards are being erected.

Some were already compleated and, boy, this project will have TALL towers!
So, do you mean tall dubai style or just tall?
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 01:15 AM   #40
Krazy
Kool Kat

Likes (Received): 36

I knew we'd have talls here when they advertised it as the biggest tower project in dubai... but no one agreed with me

Now bring on the 100f+ towers
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dubai, dubai creek, dubai creek harbour