#PROJECT: DUBAI CREEK HARBOUR (Formerly THE LAGOONS) - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Dubai Creek Development > Dubai Creek Harbour

Dubai Creek Harbour A large, master-planned water-front development by Emaar

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 8th, 2006, 01:22 AM   #41
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 139

Imagine what a skyline it would be if towers were developed all the way from business bay to the creek. One continuous, massive skyline

Seriously though, I hope nothing happens to that bird sanctuary. The guys building the lagoons are boasting about conservation, etc. I hope they stick to their plans
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2006, 03:32 PM   #42
THE DUBAI GUYS
Ruff 'n' Ready

Likes (Received): 378

ad from todays paper:

[IMG]http://i2.************/xga005.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i3.************/xga06f.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i3.************/xga07l.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i2.************/xga0c4.jpg[/IMG]

R
THE DUBAI GUYS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM   #43
Rcd

Likes (Received): 0

How do they make sure the flamingos stays there? Cut the wings?
Rcd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM   #44
Krazy
Kool Kat

Likes (Received): 36

Create a "flamingo" environment so they stay? I dont know..
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #45
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

well the sanctuary is quite close, but still there is some distance to the project, if i look at the masterplans.
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 11:20 PM   #46
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Does the arabian bays project have towers too? If so, and if that project between it and business bay also has towers then it would be one massive skyline!!
Old May 9th, 2006, 05:41 AM   #47
Krazy
Kool Kat

ADIH opens $41.5m private placement to finance The Lagoon project

Dubai: Abu Dhabi Investment House (ADIH) on Sunday announced opening of a $41.5 million Sharia-compliant private placement to finance the commercial and retail project spread over 600,000 square feet.

The private placement has been floated to part-fund the development of The Lagoon, which will come up on the land the Abu Dhabi-based financial institution acquired recently from the Bahrain-based Ossis Property Developers, master developers of the $1.5 billion Amwaj Islands.

Rashad Janahi, Chief Executive Officer of ADIH said: "The private placement offer is yet another instance of ADIH's desire to provide investment opportunities that are linked to prestigious infrastructure developments in the region. The investment offer is in line with our aim to offer investment instruments that are sophisticated and are correlated to the economic growth potential of the region."

"The Lagoon is a unique and pioneering development, which for the first time allows Bahraini and international retail and commercial investors to own there own units on a lease-hold basis. We are confident that the placement offer linked to such a path-breaking ownership concept will be welcomed by investors with great enthusiasm," he said.

The Lagoon will comprise eight low-rise buildings consisting of 50 retail units on a total built-up area of 88,679 square metres and a net-sellable built-up area of 38,456 square metres.

The project is envisaged as a unique destination in the Kingdom of Bahrain housing shops, restaurants, cafes and various other retail outlets with a one-kilometre walk-way encircling the lagoon.

"The private placement is a prestigious opportunity for regional investors to partner in The Lagoon by collectively owning a stake of 97.6 per cent in a holding company set up exclusively to develop the project." Janahi said.
Old May 14th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #48
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

Likes (Received): 5

a masterplan from the website

Old May 14th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #49
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

i can see some tall towers on the main island in the middle
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #50
Krazy
Kool Kat

Phase one of 'The Lagoons' completely sold out

Sama Dubai, the international real estate investment and development arm of Dubai Holding, announced today that the first phase of its 70 million square foot Dubai Creek waterfront project, 'The Lagoons', has completely sold out since being launched.

'The Lagoons' phase 1.

Construction of the scheme commenced earlier this year and is on schedule. All facets of 'The Lagoons' will be implemented by 2010.

Farhan Faraidooni, CEO of Sama Dubai said: 'There has been intense interest in the project from local and Gulf investors which has resulted in the first phase selling out much earlier than had been anticipated.'

'The speed at which available land plots have been snapped up confirms our belief that 'The Lagoons' is set to be a signature development within Dubai's booming property sector.'

Commenting on the success of the project, Abdulsalam Almarri, General Manager of 'The Lagoons' said: 'The Lagoons' unique offerings and strategic location attracted a lot of investors on the local and international level. Our expectations were surpassed by the unprecedented level of demand and we are extremely happy with the number of requests we have received. This serves as a testimony to the overall success of the entire team working on 'The Lagoons'. We are looking forward to finalizing the upcoming land release phases of the project with the same level of efficiency and by applying the highest international standards.'

'The Lagoons' will offer freehold property with 100 per cent ownership to all nationalities. Half of the project will be sold to third party investors for development. The remaining 50 per cent of the area will be developed, marketed and operated by Sama Dubai.

'The Lagoons' recently unveiled its project master plan and will soon play host to upscale residential communities, as well as world-class retail complexes and business facilities. The project promises to offer great shopping, fine restaurants and exciting nightlife along with a diverse range of lodging options.

'The Lagoons' will have seven beautifully landscaped islands, comprising of residential units, shopping centers, office buildings, and marinas. These detached islands will be interlinked with bridges. The project will also incorporate a unique work environment with its own Central Business District (CBD), where multi-nationals and regional corporations can establish their headquarters.

Protection of the environment is a key component of the development. 'The Lagoons' is one of the first projects in Dubai to undertake a comprehensive Integrated Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) following international standards across all facets of the project.

In addition, Sama Dubai is working in cooperation with Dubai Municipality to explore ways to protect and enhance the wildlife sanctuary in the Ras Al Khor to ensure that 'The Lagoons' and the sanctuary are fitting neighbours.

As well as its natural surroundings, and in line with the project's promise of an idyllic living experience, residents will have culture on their doorsteps in the form of Dubai's first Opera House, designed by an internationally acclaimed architect. Other cultural elements will include a planetarium, museum, art center and theater.

The project will also include themes of environment, conservation, parkland and open spaces; boardwalk; resorts; marinas; five-star hotels; commercial towers with large office spaces; bicycle and jogging tracks; malls and souks on the water front; high-end villas and uptown apartments.
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:29 PM   #51
Krazy
Kool Kat

So apparently what we see in post 48 is only phase 1 of the project.... and btw... BRAVO at selling off the entire phase 1 in less than a month!
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:33 PM   #52
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Question: Is this actually being built IN the flamingo sanctuary or just next to it. I ask because I've seen a map of dubai showing it to be in this location aswell.
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:56 PM   #53
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6180

Flamingo sanctuary is included on the Lagoon, so it will become part of it.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #54
thedubailife
To Infinty and Beyond

Likes (Received): 1

Question: So whats actually sold out the Land plots or actual properties?
thedubailife no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #55
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

only the plots, since Sama is master developer.
at least i think so.

but afaik not the whole sanctuary is part of the masterplan, it stretches more west imo.

it is still unbelievable they sold again in only one month.

and construction started beginning this year.
these guys rock.

Last edited by dubaiflo; May 15th, 2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #56
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy
So apparently what we see in post 48 is only phase 1 of the project.... and btw... BRAVO at selling off the entire phase 1 in less than a month!
I thought phase 1 is just the part marked red.

BTW I presume that's the opera house on the top left island. Looks good and some great opertunity for a creative "gehryesque" design. I wonder who the architect is.

I've heard that there will be a public transport system for this project. I hope that dubai properties will build a metro line that'll link all their projects on the creek, and then connect it to the red and green lines.
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:16 PM   #57
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

malec it is sama dubai. not DP
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #58
Krazy
Kool Kat

you're right malec, my bad.

So the plots have been sold to investors? As in none of the buildings will be built by Sama Dubai itself?
Old May 16th, 2006, 12:25 AM   #59
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

who says none of them.
not those in phase1, obviously they are selling the plots to investors before announcing their own projects, since it takes the developers much longer than themselves to start construction and approve everything.
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:30 PM   #60
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6180

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec
BTW I presume that's the opera house on the top left island. Looks good and some great opertunity for a creative "gehryesque" design. I wonder who the architect is.
Zaha Hadid. Check the Dubai Opera House thread.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dubai, dubai creek, dubai creek harbour