KTM: THE 620km East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) - Page 135 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 27th, 2019, 04:39 PM   #2681
boxxy

Likes (Received): 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by promulgate View Post
SPAD initial plan was for ECRL user to able to use the same ticket until end of their journey as long he does not go out from the system. that how it suppose to work after all. same like Shinkansen system where you can use any JR Train network until arrive at ur nearest station in the city.. but SPAD version is way better as it involves metro system too. vice versa.

It is still possible to use Touch n' Go to tap in and tap out from every other system. I don't see how anything has changed. Unless ECRL won't be using a TNG based ticketing system.

Printed tickets are another matter. While it would be nice to have a common printed ticket. This can only happen when they eventually phase out their present systems in the next cycle of upgrades. Though, I don't think a blank token system is good for long distance ticketing.

Quote:
look at the number of integrated park&ride within the reach of ITT Gombak. Putrajaya Station able to reach that amount?
Yes.

Quote:
*MRT2 unable to perform 'double loop' operation that the fact.
If that's a fact, then its a pity they did not design for it. I would have imagined that they have crossovers and slidings at both tunnell entrances, and certain places.

Quote:
you need to get out of the system at every interchange station. the vision of having seamless interchange for the whole system already down to drain.

I am a bit out of the loop. What exactly is meant by "seamless transfer"?

Platform to platform transfer is still present at Kwasa Damansara and TRX. It sounds like they have re-aligned SBK and SSP line to be isolated from each other, or put up fare gates in between those two lines.

KTM has always been isolated as a whole from the rest of the metro system, ticketing wise.

SBK launched even before any cost saving review, was designed with some major intergrated stations having no paid-paid transfer. E.g. KL Sentral, Sg. Buloh, Kajang, Bukit Bintang.

It is a sad observation but LRT3 will also be a type of system where you have to go through fare gates before you can join in the existing system, and this design is before any cost cutting review. It seems like rail system designers are very fond of separating rail systems. Maybe there is a very good reason for it, or the compromise in alignment isn't worth the cost. Who knows...

One thing for sure is that to reduce cost, any compromise on alignment will reduce the amount you will have to fork out. But then again, is it really a bad deal? One door closes, another opens. The challenge of going through challenging terrain has been averted, and money has been saved.
boxxy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2019, 08:09 PM   #2682
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 2113

Personally in the long terms I don't think any money is going to be safe at all.

Sooner or later we would go through the challenging terrain because
1)genting is there.
2) easiest way to pump up pahang(ever) GDP number is to just turn some part of western pahang into parts of KV. Plenty of plantations land to be turn into the next dream suburbia.

The benefits of southern route is a station at kuala Klawang. Despite its proximity to KV, the facts that the area is full of small holders land lot make it not an exciting place to build anything.

skylee liked this post
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2019, 01:14 AM   #2683
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 2759

Plantations, smallholders, individual lots, doesn't matter loor - all (even wakaf lands) can be bought (esp. by Gomen & then privatised)) & developed for anything nowadays maah hehehe !!!

skylee liked this post
atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2019, 08:46 AM   #2684
Rue24

Likes (Received): 1

Does anyone know where to see the Selangor Transport Masterplan? I remember there's show a few outer rings route and one of it is invoLves bypass from serendah to port klang and seremban.
Rue24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2019, 09:13 PM   #2685
promulgate

Likes (Received): 785

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxy View Post
It is still possible to use Touch n' Go to tap in and tap out from every other system. I don't see how anything has changed. Unless ECRL won't be using a TNG based ticketing system.
the earlier plan was to create a common ticketing system this includes KTM service, another thing is to introduce a better alternative to TnG. why? PLUS also did the same on RFID.

Quote:
Yes.
tell me how to achieve that good amount of PnR for Putrajaya Station to support ECRL with more budget cut coming? while MRT2 omitted most of their PnR facilities.

someone said having a huge number of PnR does not matter, it does matter when it generates money for our bleeding public transportation system while contributing to the traffic on the network.

Quote:

KTM has always been isolated as a whole from the rest of the metro system, ticketing wise.
paid-to-paid linkway to other rail systems.. which will allow passengers to change line seamlessly without exiting and re-entering the system. like SBK pasar seni, merdeka, maluri another great example of seamless transfer is MRTA YELLOW/PINK LINE in Bangkok interconnection with three existing lines and two proposed lines. creating a huge radial of interconnecting transportation network.. our MRT2. MRT3 suppose to work the same yet someone pandai pandai remove it out.

as mention above KTM suppose to adopt the new AFC system for the purpose.

Quote:
One thing for sure is that to reduce cost, any compromise on alignment will reduce the amount you will have to fork out. .
commoner still prefer to fly out of SZB than KUL even they need to pay extra for that. building a station without proper planning is another Kertajati in the making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rue24 View Post
Does anyone know where to see the Selangor Transport Masterplan? I remember there's show a few outer rings route and one of it is invoLves bypass from serendah to port klang and seremban.
Here..

epalmasam, prophecus1, elmond liked this post
promulgate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 11:41 AM   #2686
nazrey

Likes (Received): 14725

Deal will see more Chinese investments along ECRL route
Bernama April 27, 2019 01:20 am +08

Quote:
BEIJING (April 26): Malaysia can expect more investments from China, especially in the corridors along the East Coast Rail Line (ECRL) following the agreement inked between the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) and China Communication Construction Company Ltd (CCCC).

Speaking to the Malaysian media here, Transport Minister Anthony Loke said the agreement stipulates the development of corridors along the ECRL.

“The agreement on the ECRL is already finalised. Yesterday’s agreement was about the development in the corridors along the ECRL,” he said, adding that the agreement would pave the way for more Chinese investments in Malaysia.

Loke said Malaysia wanted to maximise its development following the implementation of the RM44 billion ECRL project.

The Minister is currently in Beijing as part of Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s delegation to the 2nd Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation which was opened by President Xi Jinping today.

The agreement between MIDA and CCCC inked yesterday followed the conclusion of the bilateral meeting between Malaysia and China in Beijing.

Both Dr Mahathir and his Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang witnessed the signing of the agreement titled “Enhancing Cooperation in the Development of Industrial Parks, Infrastructure, Logistics Hub and Transit Oriented Development Pursuant to the ECRL Project”.

After months of renegotiation, Malaysia Rail Link Sdn Bhd and CCCC recently signed an agreement to revive the once abandoned ECRL project to link the west and east coast of Peninsular Malaysia.

Both parties also signed a supplementary agreement which slashed the project’s cost from RM65.5 billion to RM44 billion, resulting in a saving of RM21 billion.
https://www.theedgemarkets.com/artic...ong-ecrl-route
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!

skylee liked this post
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2019, 04:58 AM   #2687
lamelego

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:

Printed tickets are another matter. While it would be nice to have a common printed ticket. This can only happen when they eventually phase out their present systems in the next cycle of upgrades. Though, I don't think a blank token system is good for long distance ticketing.

Yes.

If that's a fact, then its a pity they did not design for it. I would have imagined that they have crossovers and slidings at both tunnell entrances, and certain places.

Platform to platform transfer is still present at Kwasa Damansara and TRX. It sounds like they have re-aligned SBK and SSP line to be isolated from each other, or put up fare gates in between those two lines.

SBK launched even before any cost saving review, was designed with some major intergrated stations having no paid-paid transfer. E.g. KL Sentral, Sg. Buloh, Kajang, Bukit Bintang.

It is a sad observation but LRT3 will also be a type of system where you have to go through fare gates before you can join in the existing system, and this design is before any cost cutting review. It seems like rail system designers are very fond of separating rail systems. Maybe there is a very good reason for it, or the compromise in alignment isn't worth the cost. Who knows...

One thing for sure is that to reduce cost, any compromise on alignment will reduce the amount you will have to fork out. But then again, is it really a bad deal? One door closes, another opens. The challenge of going through challenging terrain has been averted, and money has been saved.
Not sure about ECRL. However, last time they plan to have common integrating ticketing system for Klang Valley. The advantage about this system is the distance of travel will keep continue although passenger changing lines. With current system, it is isolated system. Let say, a passenger from kajang want to go to imbi. current situation, after passenger go out from bukit bintang mrt system and tap in at bukit bintang monorail station, the fare distance become 0km again. with common integrating ticketing system, the distance keep continue as the system will allow grace period for passenger to come back to public transport system.

Now, this plan has been scrapped as for now. Hopefully, they will relook again in the future.
lamelego no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2019, 10:21 AM   #2688
pelanty21

Likes (Received): 251

Off tangent a bit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaibesar84 View Post
eh I hear they're going to build a new port operated by Chinese company?
Westports has approval in principle to expand southward. This will double their capacity. Word on the street is that they got COSCO Shipping Line as partner. No point building massive port capacity if they do not have anchor tenants or anchor biz.

Singapore's ports have JV arrangements with 5 of top 6 shipping lines. PTP is 30% owned by Maersk. Westports has no partner...yet.

Curiously, Westports is minority owned by Hutchison Ports...who are in turn part-owned by Singapore's PSA...

Anyhow, Malaysia won't allow a majority foreign-owned operator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
I hope we don't follow through with MCA silly proposals for a pulau Carey port.
Carey Island is being proposed by MMC and Sime Darby, who owns Penangport, 70% of PTP, Pasir Gudang port and Northport. My understanding of Carey Island is that it is aimed as an Asean logistics hub for all types of cargo because they have a lot of SD Plantation land.

Malaysia can build more capacity, but Singapore will build even more. Malaysia lower their ports' price, Singapore go even lower. That is why MMC-Sime propose Carey Island with so much land. Singapore cannot compete.

With a logistics hub, you get import, value-add activity, then reexport. The port utilisation and economic spillover will be high.

But of course it will be expensive to build a greenfield port. Having said that, PTP was greenfield and it is now 17th largest port in the world.

Quote:
I hope we can build a tall bridge to pulau selat klang and build a port there. Then we wouldn't need to build a breakwater nor dredge the sea.
Not sure which pulau you are talking about but those islands opposite Northport and Westports are all paya bakau. Kena reclaim jugak. And Selat Kelang is shallow and will need dredging anyway. Why spend so much to build a port on an island and get not much land...
pelanty21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2019, 04:24 PM   #2689
daeng_jal

Yup if build it on pulau selat klang mmg kene reclaimed as well. But since ship already using selat klang to both Westport and Northport I assumed that part of selat klang is already dredged. And we save on breakwater as well since selat klang is already a sheltered area.

To be fair, the number one reason I like it on pulau selat klang is because I want to see a super tall bridge crossing a port ala HK
Old May 3rd, 2019, 04:55 PM   #2690
atmapgnew

Quote:
To be fair, the number one reason I like it on pulau selat klang is because I want to see a super tall bridge crossing a port ala HK
Ain't gonna happen, Atok will insist on 'flying lorries/trucks' next for the job meh hahaha !!!

daeng_jal liked this post
Old May 8th, 2019, 06:12 AM   #2691
atmapgnew

ECRL to contribute to economic growth

The RM44bil East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) is expected to contribute 2.7% to Malaysia's economic growth, according to MIDF Research.

Sourced from TheStar today

ps hopefully what they say comes true loor !!!

Old May 8th, 2019, 06:44 AM   #2692
faiz2014

Likes (Received): 577

Quote:
Lafarge to resume cement supply to ECRL
KUALA LUMPUR: Lafarge Malaysia Bhd can resume supplying cement for all eight packages of work for the proposed East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) project.

Lafarge said on Tuesday it had received a letter from its client, China's state-owned China Communications Construction (ECRL) Sdn Bhd (CCC ERL) to resume the supply for the remaining term under the contract until Dec 31, 2019.

The total estimated provisional contract value for the cement supply was RM270mil.

To recap, in March 2018, Lafarge Cement Sdn Bhd had inked a deal with CCC ECRL to suppy the cement from then to Dec 31, 2019 to all eight packages of work for the project.
https://www.thestar.com.my/business/...upply-to-ecrl/
faiz2014 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 01:37 PM   #2693
skylee

Likes (Received): 27

Bina Puri,The Valley
1,600 acres
Kerau,Karak

Simpang Durian,Serting Tengah juga berpotensi

malaysia potensi besar
hanya company,kerajaan,negeri & tempatan

Last edited by skylee; May 8th, 2019 at 01:43 PM.
skylee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 02:08 PM   #2694
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 1232

Quote:
I hope we don't follow through with MCA silly proposals for a pulau Carey port. I hope we can build a tall bridge to pulau selat klang and build a port there. Then we wouldn't need to build a breakwater nor dredge the sea.
Plz don't destroy those massive mangrove islands!!!! Your proposal to build port on that island sounds more crazy than Pulau Carey

There is so much plantation land at Pulau Carey that can be used

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 02:27 PM   #2695
daeng_jal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxIxMaN View Post
Plz don't destroy those massive mangrove islands!!!! Your proposal to build port on that island sounds more crazy than Pulau Carey

There is so much plantation land at Pulau Carey that can be used
Except the port @ carey would also be built on the mangrove forest. Not like we can build a port inland on the plantations land
Old May 9th, 2019, 09:30 AM   #2696
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 1232

Quote:
Except the port @ carey would also be built on the mangrove forest. Not like we can build a port inland on the plantations land
at least don't have to build a tall bridge and reclaim land

the rest is just taking over oil palm plantations

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 01:45 PM   #2697
daeng_jal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxIxMaN View Post
at least don't have to build a tall bridge and reclaim land

the rest is just taking over oil palm plantations
You would still need to reclaimed land, can't actually build on top of mangroves without reclamation

as well as the need for dredging as well as breakwater as apposed to a high bridge that can be Tolled.

If not mistaken the breakwater at Kuantan port cost taxpayers about a billion ringgit.
Old May 10th, 2019, 06:07 AM   #2698
pelanty21

Likes (Received): 251

Breakwater memang mahal. But Carey Island is supposed to be BOT with only partial govt funding. On the palm oil land, that is all Sime Darby. They are willing to change their plantation to industrial parks.

Carey Island port will be 100% on reclaimed land, up to 3km out at sea. That's the only way to get 18m depth without having to dredge continuously every year. Only the industrial park will be on the island.

Bridges at a port must be VERY tall to clear ships. And tall bridges are not good as the lorries/prime movers will suffer carrying heavy cargo up and down.

daeng_jal liked this post
pelanty21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2019, 04:32 PM   #2699
nazrey

Likes (Received): 14725

MRL expects ECRL's pre-q exercise to draw huge interest
By Bernama - May 10, 2019 @ 5:39pm

Quote:
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Rail Link Sdn Bhd (MRL) expects the Pre-Qualification (Pre-Q) exercise for the East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) project to draw a huge interest from engineering, infrastructure, and construction companies nationwide.

MRL said a Pre-Q notice advertisement by ECRL’s engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning (EPCC) contractor China Communications Construction Company Ltd (CCCC) will be published in leading local dailies on May 13 and 14, 2019.

The Pre-Q exercise is to tap eligible Malaysian contractors to participate in 40 per cent of the project’s civil works. It is open to all experience local contractors that possess CIDB Grade G3 to G7 with a minimum SCORE rating of two stars.

It said that Pre-Q documents must be submitted at CCCC counters at the Sime Darby Convention Centre on May 29 and 30, 2019.

“We urge qualified local contractors nationwide to actively participate in the Pre-Q exercise – a precursor for them to get on the ECRL bandwagon.

“There are ample opportunities for Malaysian contractors to fulfill the local participation (portion) for civil works of the ECRL project that has been increased to 40 per cent from 30 per cent previously,” MRL said in a statement today.

A ‘Pre-Q Evaluation Committee’ consisting of senior MRL and CCCC officials would evaluate all the submissions made by Malaysian contractors during the Pre-Q exercise to shortlist eligible local contractors to proceed to the subsequent stages as potential tenderers of the ECRL civil works packages.

MRL said the ‘Pre-Q Evaluation Committee’ will be tasked with ensuring good governance and ethical practices are upheld in the pre-qualification and evaluation of the local contractors, noting that only those shortlisted will be notified to proceed to subsequent stages as potential tenderers.

A host of civil work packages, including earthworks, formation works, soil improvement works, foundation works, structural works, road works, and building works is intended to be subcontracted by CCCC to qualified contractors in areas where the ECRL traverse.

“An increase in participation of local contractors in the large-scale RM44 billion ECRL project also bodes well for the local construction and building material sectors, as well as serves as potential multiplier effect on the Malaysian economy.

MRL and CCCC are optimistic that with combination of knowledge and expertise of experience Malaysian subcontractors coming into fruition, the ECRL project would be fully completed as per its targeted date of Dec 31, 2026.

MRL, a special purpose vehicle wholly-owned by the Minister of Finance Incorporated, is the project and asset owner of the ECRL.

The 640-km rail project connects the East Coast states of Kelantan, Terengganu, and Pahang with Negeri Sembilan, Selangor and Putrajaya.

– BERNAMA
https://www.nst.com.my/business/2019...-huge-interest

AramsA liked this post
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2019, 11:55 PM   #2700
prophecus1

Likes (Received): 280

Quote:
KUALA LUMPUR (May 9): Malaysia Rail Link Sdn Bhd (MRL) expects to work on a new feasibility study and environmental impact assessment (EIA) report for the East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) in the third quarter of 2019 as the entire rail alignment would be detailed out by then.
https://www.theedgemarkets.com/artic...-eia-ecrl-3q19

Quote:
“Kita sedang tunggu Kerajaan Persekutuan memuktamadkan jajaran (di Negeri Sembilan) untuk mereka tentukan kawasan mana yang terbabit, selepas itu mereka akan buat paparan awam (public display) selama tiga bulan kepada penduduk di Jelebu bagi mendapatkan maklum balas masyarakat setempat sama ada setuju atau membantah dengan jajaran itu,” katanya.
https://www.bharian.com.my/berita/na...gi-projek-ecrl

Last edited by prophecus1; May 11th, 2019 at 12:00 AM.
prophecus1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement