[PL] Poland | road infrastructure • infrastruktura drogowa - Page 918 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 12th, 2019, 12:00 PM   #18341
Kemo

Likes (Received): 32356

The fence is incomplete.
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 12th, 2019, 01:24 PM   #18342
Sponsor

The speed limit sign is posted due to minor roadworks going on. The S-standard is not yet implemented.
Sponsor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2019, 09:42 PM   #18343
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
Southbound carriageway of S5 near Poznań (ex-Toto contract) has been opened to traffic (in full profile) yesterday. The other carriageway has one lane available
Those junctions need a lot of work still. It's actually not a bad thing for the time being, as it keeps this section for transit traffic only. That current end is a mess though, and I have no idea why they've closed the section that was already opened.

I drove between Wrocław and Poznań and return yesterday, and some observations:

I don't think the S5 will open between Śmigiel and Kościan by the end of October. There's a lot of work still be done between Lipno-Śmigiel, though it seems that they could at least release the old/new Śmigiel bypass for use soon. From Śmigiel-Kościan, maybe, but I doubt it.

Kościan-Wrończyn looks much more advanced in comparison.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2019, 11:09 PM   #18344
Kemo

S17/A50 interchange "Kołbiel"

Old September 19th, 2019, 11:18 PM   #18345
Kemo

A2 towards Moscow

Some concrete pavement already

A2/DK92 interchange. It's good that they didn't cut the forest inside one of the cloverleaves

For more photos visit this thread: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showt...75549&page=267

Meanwhile, a tender for another section of A2, bypassing Kałuszyn, has been announced.
Old September 20th, 2019, 04:14 PM   #18346
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1256

"S17/A50 interchange "Kołbiel"" - so this official already for A50?
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2019, 04:18 PM   #18347
Kemo

Not yet, but I find it highly unlikely that they decide to build A50 in a different place when there is already a fully functional motorway cloverleaf in Kołbiel.
Old September 20th, 2019, 04:20 PM   #18348
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 26437

Quote:
A2/DK92 interchange. It's good that they didn't cut the forest inside one of the cloverleaves
This could actually be a safety hazard, dense foliage in cloverleafs (or other types of curves) means you may not have enough sightline to spot stopped traffic in time.

travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2019, 04:43 PM   #18349
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1256

Quote:
Not yet, but I find it highly unlikely that they decide to build A50 in a different place when there is already a fully functional motorway cloverleaf in Kołbiel.
But that would mean that 2 out of 4 projected variants for Warsaw ring road would be automatically out...

rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2019, 09:48 AM   #18350
Kemo

S7 near Rabka - opening soon.
I think we can call it the first mountainous motorway in Poland
The most surprising thing is that it was built by the infamous Salini and they somehow managed to finish it without much problems.
Old September 25th, 2019, 10:59 AM   #18351
MajKeR_
¡La Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 13681

Quote:
S7 near Rabka - opening soon.
I think we can call it the first mountainous motorway in Poland
I guess actual S1 (ex S69) from Bielsko-Biała to Żywiec is the first mountainous motorway of Poland, as one can feel like in Austria looking around.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.

Kirt93 liked this post
MajKeR_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2019, 11:34 AM   #18352
Kemo

Well yes, but it is located in a valley, so there are not that many bridges and cuttings as on S7.
Old September 25th, 2019, 03:27 PM   #18353
dominobb

Likes (Received): 12589

Council of Ministers of Poland published new document including the planned highway network.

Added sections:
S5: S7 (Ostróda) – A1 (Nowe Marzy) – Bydgoszcz – A2 (Poznań Wschód)…1) A2 (Poznań Zachód) – Leszno – A8 (Wrocław) … – S8 (Sobótka) – Świdnica – S3 (Bolków)

S8: Kłodzko – Kobierzyce – A8 (Wrocław)… – A8 (Psie Pole) – Kępno – Sieradz – A1 (Łódź)… A1 (Piotrków Trybunalski) – Rawa Mazowiecka – S2 (Opacz)… – S2 (Konotopa) – Warszawa – Ostrów Mazowiecka – Zambrów – S19 (Choroszcz)

A50: A2 (The Central Communication Port) – Mszczonów – Góra Kalwaria – A2 (Mińsk Mazowiecki)

S50: A2 (The Central Communication Port) – Sochaczew – Wyszogród – S10 (Naruszewo) – Serock – S8 (Radzymin) – A2 (Mińsk Mazowiecki)

Total cost of new sections: ca. 32-35 bln PLN.
Total length of new sections: 330 km.
Total lenght of planned highways and expressways: 7980 km.

Kirt93, sponge_bob, roaddor, SRC_100 liked this post

Last edited by dominobb; September 25th, 2019 at 05:32 PM.
dominobb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2019, 04:03 PM   #18354
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 666

I wouldn't believe a thing written there.

The two expressways in Lower Silesia are just election propaganda, nothing more.

loloo, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2019, 05:28 PM   #18355
dominobb

Likes (Received): 12589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
I wouldn't believe a thing written there.

The two expressways in Lower Silesia are just election propaganda, nothing more.
Designing of S8 section is under way now.

Kirt93, Wrocl'awianin liked this post
dominobb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2019, 05:52 PM   #18356
Kemo

Purple color in the south-west of the map

Old September 25th, 2019, 10:19 PM   #18357
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2980

I'm currently in southern Poland and I have a question about DK road signs. Why do some road numbers on direction signs have a white frame and some a white-black dotted one? I thought that the dotted ones indicate "To DKxx" but many signs on the road itself are like this. Are the white-black ones newer? GSV is from 2017 and all white-black ones I've seen today were still plain white in 2017. I just picked up the first one (DK79) I found on GSV now.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AL, AND, B, BG, BIH, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, GR, H, HR, I, IRL, L, LV, LT, M, MC, MNE, N, NL, NMK, P, PL, RO, RSM, S, SK, SLO, SRB, USA, V (My cumulative travel mapping)

rpc08 liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2019, 10:27 PM   #18358
Kirt93

Likes (Received): 464

White frame means the road admits 11.5 tonnes per axle, as the goal in EU is. White-black is 10 tonnes per axle limit, and there are also - much less common - DK roads with black frame, which is 8 tonnes.

MichiH, rudiwien, dominobb, Kpc21, rpc08 liked this post
Kirt93 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2019, 12:58 AM   #18359
Cinamon

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominobb View Post
Council of Ministers of Poland published new document including the planned highway network.

Added sections:

A50: A2 (The Central Communication Port) – Mszczonów – Góra Kalwaria – A2 (Mińsk Mazowiecki)

S50: A2 (The Central Communication Port) – Sochaczew – Wyszogród – S10 (Naruszewo) – Serock – S8 (Radzymin) – A2 (Mińsk Mazowiecki)
How useful will S50 actually be?

Every time I drive through Warsaw (5 times in the last two years, unfortunately always during the rush hour), I get stuck in the traffic jam on the S8 bridge over the Wysla. I checked google maps traffic data and it seems that this is the only part of the ring road that is constantly congested during the rush hour.

I suppose completing the eastern part of the ring road will relieve it somewhat, but I cannot see any transit traffic using S50 besides the regional traffic.

It probably was a mistake to build S8 so close to the city center, anyway I think it would be wise to plan and reserve area where S8 should have really been and have at least an option to build an alternative in 20-30 years if still needed.
I imagine such road would be the most expensive project in Poland's history per km?

Kirt93, hecoxkielce liked this post
Cinamon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2019, 07:01 AM   #18360
Proterra
Korpus niedyplomatyczny

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinamon View Post
How useful will S50 actually be?

Every time I drive through Warsaw (5 times in the last two years, unfortunately always during the rush hour), I get stuck in the traffic jam on the S8 bridge over the Wysla. I checked google maps traffic data and it seems that this is the only part of the ring road that is constantly congested during the rush hour.

I suppose completing the eastern part of the ring road will relieve it somewhat, but I cannot see any transit traffic using S50 besides the regional traffic.

It probably was a mistake to build S8 so close to the city center, anyway I think it would be wise to plan and reserve area where S8 should have really been and have at least an option to build an alternative in 20-30 years if still needed.
I imagine such road would be the most expensive project in Poland's history per km?
That would indeed be a better place, but when the S8 was designed where it is, it was also designed to also take care of local traffic, mainly between Białołęka/Praga Północ/Targówek and the western part of the city. Personally, I expect traffic numbers on the current S8 to decrease substantially when the metro is completed to Bródno, and even more so when the S7 is done and Aleja Marii Wittek connects with it, as this would take 60-70% of the local traffic off of the S8 during rush hour.

As for the outer ring, what could be done is to force long-distance truck traffic on to it, by banning the inner ring for trucks which do not need to be in Warsaw themselves during certain hours of the day, like 06:00 to 19:00, and designing well maintained truck stops along the outer ring.

Trójmiasto

|||||||||Wolność|||||||||Postępowość|||||||||Otwartość|||||||||

hecoxkielce liked this post
Proterra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road