Wingbar | Off-Topic Discussions - Page 212 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Northeast and MidAtlantic > Local Forums > Buffalo / Niagara Falls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 16th, 2019, 12:17 PM   #4221
fubo

Likes (Received): 1060

Wingbar | Off-Topic Discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaboy View Post
A lot of newer service start-ups like these have their risks, but it seems like New York (and Upstate in particular) always has red tape in the way, preventing these services to even test the waters, as with ridesharing a couple years ago. So we end up being the last to get them.

Itís because NY is a very blue state. Even Republicans in NY are generally very liberal. Itís what happens when you vote in big government politicians year after year. You get high taxes and over regulation and less freedom overall.
fubo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 16th, 2019, 02:06 PM   #4222
homestar
Baleeted!

Likes (Received): 838

I would bet that few people are clogging the roads with electric scooters in Omaha or Sandusky. Extra rules are a necessity when you have 10 million people living in one condensed city like NYC. Otherwise it would be chaos. The main problem with NYS is that literally half the state population is one single megopolis - the largest city in the nation that also houses a lot of wealth. the rest of the state is small cities and low budgets. The state should have separate rules for NYC than the rest of the state, which I believe it does in some areas. It's not the easiest situation to govern. Republicans have failed at it just as much at Dems have.

fubo liked this post
homestar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2019, 04:54 PM   #4223
xzmattzx
Philly sports fan

Likes (Received): 5309

You don't want those electric scooters in Buffalo. They figuratively and literally litter the sidewalks in places like Venice Beach. One of the "benefits" of using them is you can leave them wherever you're done using them. So, they are scattered randomly around the neighborhood, and either leaning up against businesses, or just strewn on their sides on the sidewalks.

Buffalo is small enough that you can either walk anywhere pretty easily, or if it's too far to walk, use your own car to drive and not have much of a problem with parking. There isn't a need for so many different modes of transportation, especially one that is already unpopular, when the area gets along fine with fewer methods of transportation.

fubo liked this post
xzmattzx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2019, 01:53 AM   #4224
Buffaboy
Buffalo's Idealist💡

Likes (Received): 2399

I guess y'all make some interesting points, but I still feel like they would fill in a gap between metro rail and buses for public transit.

Switching subjects, the Georgia Aquarium was pretty cool, although I didn't get to see some of it. As we all know, the aquarium in Niagara Falls is somewhat dated and mediocre at best. I think a smaller version of the Georgia Aquarium on the Outer Harbor or near Canalside could be a regional draw. They just shouldn't F*%k it up like they did with the Children's Museum...
Buffaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2019, 09:56 PM   #4225
xzmattzx
Philly sports fan

St. Catharines, Ontario

Downtown

Port Dalhousie

Buffaboy liked this post
Old September 26th, 2019, 05:02 AM   #4226
xzmattzx
Philly sports fan

Crystal Beach is slowly coming back. If you walk or drive along Erie Road, you will see a few more restaurants operating than a couple years ago. At the intersection with Derby Road, the old buildings (seen here) continue to be brought back to life. More storefronts are being rented out, and the upstairs are being renovated to be a boutique Air Bnb hotel.

Buffaboy, Guac, mikmo323 liked this post

Last edited by xzmattzx; September 27th, 2019 at 05:58 AM.
Old September 30th, 2019, 04:45 PM   #4227
xzmattzx
Philly sports fan

East Aurora

Buffaboy liked this post
Old October 9th, 2019, 04:37 AM   #4228
xzmattzx
Philly sports fan

New Era Field

Old October 9th, 2019, 08:15 PM   #4229
Buffaboy
Buffalo's Idealist💡

After traveling the country for a few months now, I feel Buffapathetic. I really can't find a reason to spend the rest of my 20s there when it seems like there are more career, education and social opportunities in other major metropolitan areas and states. When I come back later this year, maybe I'll see things differently.

When you spend your entire life in the same area for so long, you feel stale and depressed. I think that's how I've felt back home, but I think you can live in Cali or Boston or Texas and feel the same way.
Old October 9th, 2019, 08:22 PM   #4230
fubo

So move already, no one cares.

BuffalOwn liked this post
Old October 9th, 2019, 10:21 PM   #4231
Buffaboy
Buffalo's Idealist💡

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubo View Post
So move already, no one cares.
I'm voicing my opinion, you don't have to be condescending. I never said I didn't like Buffalo, I'm just tired of it right now.
Old October 10th, 2019, 04:26 AM   #4232
fubo

The quirkiest and most popular Airbnbs in WNY
https://buffalonews.com/2019/10/09/t...irbnbs-in-wny/

Last edited by fubo; October 10th, 2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM   #4233
Fprmer WNYer

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaboy View Post
I'm voicing my opinion, you don't have to be condescending. I never said I didn't like Buffalo, I'm just tired of it right now.
Orchard Park is raising property taxes again 12% Now Lancaster Schools are raising schools taxes again this time from $590 to $660+, Ton's & tons more people I hear are leaving Buffalo because of the lack of good jobs, theirs no opportunity & now they can't afford the taxes anymore
Fprmer WNYer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:36 AM   #4234
ECoastTransplant

Likes (Received): 1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fprmer WNYer View Post
theirs no opportunity
When the uneducated leave, it's a net gain.

mikmo323, benp, Buffaboy, fubo liked this post
ECoastTransplant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:15 PM   #4235
Fprmer WNYer

Likes (Received): 2

QUOTE=ECoastTransplant;163329662]When the uneducated leave, it's a net gain.

[/QUOTE]

Every Business, investor, Developer, CEO in the Country & World , knows WNY is in a thing called the Death Swirl "the Shrinking Tax base keeps shrinking and the costs of providing the basis services keeps skyrocketing causing taxes to keep going up, forcing more people & business's to leave and repeat and repeat and repeat... repeat … After 50 years of this, you have WNY & Buffalo NY and the worst days are yet to come < notice the yearly tax increases are getting higher & higher
Fprmer WNYer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:04 PM   #4236
fubo

Lol this clown above doesn't even know how to quote another poster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement