RIVER OF LIFE KUALA LUMPUR DEVELOPMENTS | General News, Pictures & Updates - Page 11 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:50 PM   #201
nazrey
In the brig

Likes (Received): 15314

Cheong-Gye-Cheon River - 8.4km (USD900 million)
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aniko_attila/254920358/
image hosted on flickr

Cheonggyecheon Opening Weekend by bryanh, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Cheong-Gye-Cheon River Restoration in Seoul by ianmarcusamelkin, on Flickr
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:56 PM   #202
nazrey
In the brig

HERITAGE QUARTER
image hosted on flickr

The 2 Lovers by friend_faraway*Off to Spain!, on Flickr

THE MOST HAPPENING PLACE IN HERITAGE QUATERS!

image hosted on flickr

Klang River - Gombak River by Gerard W(ng, on Flickr

Last edited by nazrey; August 4th, 2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:29 PM   #203
CoolFellas
Malaysian. Global Citizen

Likes (Received): 2

Thanks Nazrey for the pics. Without doubt, Cheong-Gye-Cheon River project is a success story of Seoul! Some saying, this project has injected 'Soul' into 'Seoul'. But our Klang-Gombak River (River of Life KL) project is a massive transformation for KL CBD to become a world-class city by 2020. Comparing the both projects..the river in Seoul is kind of small stream and the water too shallow for river activities such as river cruising, kayaking, fishing, etc.

The Cheong-Gye-Cheon River project is to expose the hidden river so many years under the highway in CBD's Seoul. Meanwhile, the River of Life project is an attempt to transform and expand the dirty/murky streams into the clean and healthy river and becoming part of the city life. From the AECOM's Masterplan, we can see some roads will be closed for pedestrians and also for the river expansion. So, we can say 'the River of Life KL' will inject 'life' into KLites' life!
CoolFellas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM   #204
nazrey
In the brig

well said CoolFellas
Old August 4th, 2011, 04:11 AM   #205
nazrey
In the brig

BRICKFEILDS

Brickfields Boulevard
image hosted on flickr

view through my office windows by thenghui, on Flickr
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lfc96/5715252303/
image hosted on flickr

River View from Scott Villa by The Riding Dutchman, on Flickr

Post Office Redevelopment

image hosted on flickr

HDR shot of KL Sentral by Huss Wuss, on Flickr
Old August 4th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #206
dengilo

Likes (Received): 2007

Thank God "GigaWorld" did not happen!
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #207
constipation

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFellas View Post
[B]
"There were ideas from other consultants that were worth considering for the eight-year project, which would be carried out based on three main components, which are cleaning; river masterplanning and beautification; and river development. ..
Thanx for the clarification but we need to wait so long
constipation no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #208
CoolFellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by constipation View Post
Thanx for the clarification but we need to wait so long
No problem. So many projects coming up before the next election and most of them are targeted to be completed by 2020 as show case to the world by that time Malaysia will be a developed nation and KL as a world class city. These included, River of Life, Tamingsari project, electrified double-tracking KTM project, Nusajaya-Bandar Iskandar, and many more.

The same strategies used during Tun Mahathir era, where many developments happened prior to Commonwealth Games 1998 included the famous PTT, MSC, Putrajaya-Cyberjaya, KTM commuter and LRT to show to the commonwealth nations at that time how developed we were since independent from Britain. Anyway, eight years won't be long, time flies so fast these days.

IF Malaysia bids to be the Olympic Games host in 2020 or Asian Games 2019, some of those projects have to be materialised as similar to the scenario pre Commonwealth Games 1998. Otherwise we will be a laughing stock as happened to India during Commonwealth Games 2010. But the government already decided not to bid for Olympic 2020, neither Asian Games 2019, so we will see!

Last edited by CoolFellas; August 4th, 2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #209
guy4versa4
BANNED

Likes (Received): 55

same with 2024 asian bid..kl already pull out,maybe in 2028 or 2032 kl will ready for the games(40years after 1998commonwealth games)what a long time.;-(..but its maybe too late for me,i already old..;-(
olympic games maybe too expensive..but asian games...come on,we actually have enough money and chance to win the bid,but i think government dont want to take a risk after lost with qatar last time in 2000 bid(second place).

Last edited by guy4versa4; August 5th, 2011 at 12:06 AM.
guy4versa4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:15 AM   #210
nazrey
In the brig

Use money to build country is just better...no need to get serious to host any games...the world class events always in town like Greater KL such as Malaysia host Grand Prix for many major motorsport events, Premier League tournament always in town etc. Finally as someone said that this project its going to take ages!
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:54 AM   #211
CoolFellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4versa4 View Post
same with 2024 asian bid..kl already pull out,maybe in 2028 or 2032 kl will ready for the games(40years after 1998commonwealth games)what a long time.;-(..but its maybe too late for me,i already old..;-(
olympic games maybe too expensive..but asian games...come on,we actually have enough money and chance to win the bid,but i think government dont want to take a risk after lost with qatar last time in 2000 bid(second place).
I agree with Nazrey, no need to be host for big games until our sportsmen and sportswomen are ready enough to compete at par with other international athletes. But sports also important to encourage our people with healthy life style and also patriotism to the country. Maybe we better start with the Asian Games first, Olympic maybe not in my lifetime. Same as guy4versa I'll be too old by that time, I can be a grandpa already or deep underneath the ground. At least my grand kid will be proud to be Malaysian.

The most important thing right now is to use the money to benefit the 'rakyat' as a whole rather than to show off to the world with some 'white elephant projects' while many Malaysian population in the rural areas still don't have supply of clean water, electricity, proper schools and using dirt roads. I think the government has made the wise decision to pull out to be the host for the big games for the time being. Another thing, better use the money to finish unfinished eyesore projects (projek terbengkalai) such as Plaza Rakyat! But for sure River of Life KL will benefit to the 'rakyat' mostly KLites and I hope I still be around at that time in year 2020.

Last edited by CoolFellas; August 5th, 2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:19 AM   #212
CoolFellas

Current activities along Gombak and Klang River ...

Angling..

Fishing by using the fishnet

Err..fishing..washing..peeing..rubbish dumping?..and this taken near Titiwangsa LRT station.

http://kualalumpurian.wordpress.com

Last edited by CoolFellas; August 5th, 2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:35 AM   #213
guy4versa4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
Use money to build country is just better...no need to get serious to host any games...the world class events always in town like Greater KL such as Malaysia host Grand Prix for many major motorsport events, Premier League tournament always in town etc. Finally as someone said that this project its going to take ages!
yeah but in case,tp i notice that commonwealth games 1998,lah make kl better then before...cant u see how london 2012 change their people?their infrastructure?very convenient,safety,more livable and legacy,its not about sport or show off.its about makes malaysia better place to stay,to invest and to lived,especialy in term of infrastructure,economy chances and healty youth,its like a whole world give attention to your city, produce alot of job,and its will make u proud of it.u know,some people said,1998 is the malaysia happiest times,when malaysian joining hand together..i miss that moment!

anyway some of the river transformation in london olympic site
before

after

Last edited by guy4versa4; August 5th, 2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:50 AM   #214
nazrey
In the brig

KL host commonwealth games in 1998 kan..Look! lepas tu KL baru ada Sepang International Circuit in 1999/PUTRALRT in 2001/ERL in 2002/monorail in 2003/KKIA in 2009/KTM ETS in 2010/Bakun Dam in 2011 etc..actually infrastructure throughout the country always on the right track in the country like Malaysia even today plus Malaysian GTP is an important plan for Malaysia..it's about vision of the leader to make how the country will be in da future not only hosting game period of time then everyhing will get boost..mudah kata negara masti bina kejayaan from time to time dan projek ROL ini pun adalah salah satu dari kejayaan yg akan datang...that's why GTP is the most important!

Quote:
better place to stay,to invest and to lived,especialy in term of infrastructure,economy chances and healty youth,its like a whole world give attention to your city, produce alot of job
dan sebab benda nilah buat org ada peluang dan keje..hmmm

Quote:
Sepang International Circuit in 1999/PUTRALRT in 2001/ERL in 2002/monorail in 2003/KKIA in 2009/KTM ETS in 2010/Bakun Dam in 2011 etc.
some projek yg akan datang under GTP

Quote:
and many more..

Last edited by nazrey; August 5th, 2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old August 5th, 2011, 02:13 AM   #215
nazrey
In the brig

I think ahhh..event like Grand Prix / major motorsport events (F1/A1/motorcycle) yg Malaysia jadi tuan rumah SETIAP TAHUN lalu..itu dah lebih dapat hasil dari host Olympic Games 1 kali in your life time di Malaysia
Old August 5th, 2011, 02:33 AM   #216
guy4versa4
BANNED

Quote:
I think ahhh..event like Grand Prix / major motorsport events (F1/A1/motorcycle) yg Malaysia jadi tuan rumah SETIAP TAHUN lalu..itu dah lebih dapat hasil dari host Olympic Games 1 kali in your life time di Malaysia
i know but racing is different then other sports..org g tgk lumba kereta lain feelingnya berbanding org yg dtg tgk sport,example(malaysia vs singapore) di bukit jalil..smgt nya lain..same with badminton,squash,cycling ect...i love gtp program.tp malaysia perlukan lebih populariti untuk menyokong gtp ni..jd dgn menarik lebih 30juta pelancong+investor+business men(beijing2008)..its also can make malaysia as landing field,and enhance the property value(terutamanya KLIFC and all the mega project)..its about to make malaysia as popular destination for big company..(malaysia is not well known in usa,europe)

i think this gtp programm is like 'syok sendiri' if its not involved [email protected] company

Last edited by guy4versa4; August 5th, 2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:24 AM   #217
buiscasey

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4versa4 View Post
i know but racing is different then other sports..org g tgk lumba kereta lain feelingnya berbanding org yg dtg tgk sport,example(malaysia vs singapore) di bukit jalil..smgt nya lain..same with badminton,squash,cycling ect...i love gtp program.tp malaysia perlukan lebih populariti untuk menyokong gtp ni..jd dgn menarik lebih 30juta pelancong+investor+business men(beijing2008)..its also can make malaysia as landing field,and enhance the property value(terutamanya KLIFC and all the mega project)..its about to make malaysia as popular destination for big company..(malaysia is not well known in usa,europe)

i think this gtp programm is like 'syok sendiri' if its not involved [email protected] company
whatever brings the income. not feeling2.. look what happen to greece... sebab feelng punya pasal lah..
buiscasey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #218
guy4versa4
BANNED

athens olympic games not the only cause they facing bankrupt,they already having this problem since 1996..whatever it is,i never know athens before 2004,same with doha,beijing and ghuangzhou
Old August 5th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #219
buiscasey

Likes (Received): 0

we dont know need to put our-self in trouble for some attention. and i think, Malaysia is kind of well-known already. maybe we need to further promote Malaysia by other means... like stability, development and more outstanding achievement. let strive for it...
besides, IMO, if government continue their bid for olympics and asian games, it will be a point for opposition to dispute whether they are spending money wisely while some of the rakyat live in destitute. just saying....

Last edited by buiscasey; August 5th, 2011 at 08:37 AM.
buiscasey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #220
guy4versa4
BANNED

-built too many building also put our self into trouble..but its still not get any attention,it kind like u only focus on economy effect,its like build more and more building,development ,but the people is not healthy and passive.
-comeon dah lebih dr 40tahun malaysia xbuat,kos akan makin bertambah,bila lagi masa yg sesuai,nak tunggu 100tahun golden jublie sukan komanwel bru nak hosting multisport event..?
-promote malaysia by other meaning,like Suzhou,songdo and some place that never heard before..?their development are outstanding,but still no one knows about that,putrajaya have a same fate...im not asking for olympic games,i know the budget it very expensive,what i trying to say is a full package of development,kesedaran rakyat+kemudahan infrastructure=a better world

seems like this is not a suitable thread to talk about it..so i end up here..-Together we unite to makes better malaysia!-

Last edited by guy4versa4; August 5th, 2011 at 09:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
kuala lumpur