Midtown W. | General Developments Updates/Compilation - Page 29 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Northeast and MidAtlantic > Local Forums > New York City > Manhattan

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which do you like?
Brookfield Properties 25 65.79%
Extell Development Company 2 5.26%
Tishman Speyer Properties and Morgan Stanley 0 0%
Related Companies 7 18.42%
Durst Organization and Vornado Realty Trust 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 20th, 2019, 05:52 PM   #561
Hudson11
Go Yanks!

Likes (Received): 37248

I don't think i'll ever step foot in the mall. I'll probably swing by Hudson Yards once everything is fully cleaned up and the public realm is opened up fully. I think the new space is what most NYers will appreciate in the near future, especially folks in Midtown West/Chelsea. There will be a lot more once Phase 2 rolls out.

As for the review, It's a good critique, but it focuses too much on the negatives and has a Marxist (blech!) tinge to it. Between the Amazon debacle and reading this, it gives me a depressing "Why we can't have nice things" feeling towards the city. I agree that we can't judge Hudson Yards as a work in progress.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2019, 08:43 PM   #562
BarbaricManchurian
pooh bear

Likes (Received): 7797

Decking over an active rail yard must be quite expensive so I really don't know what other kind of site plan they could have come up with. I'll want to see more pics of the mall and the pedestrian environment but if the lowrise architecture is great, I'll have no complaints. Obviously to make a profit after building over an active rail yard, there must be a high density of skyscrapers targeted at big spenders, which are obviously the wealthy and big companies. One legitimate criticism is the open space becoming a driveway in practice, but I'll have to see pics to see how that works out in reality. Also the development connects nicely with the High Line and Hudson Boulevard as I said earlier. So not perfect, but I still give it an 8 or higher out of 10, compared to the average American development project of strip malls and suburbia it's indisputably stunning, with tons of additional stunning architecture to the south along the High Line.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2019, 09:32 PM   #563
BarbaricManchurian
pooh bear

Likes (Received): 7797

BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 23rd, 2019, 05:54 PM   #564
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 3475

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
A shame they put in a lift...it would be an iconic challenge for many New Yorkers...and tourists !
Old March 24th, 2019, 11:45 AM   #565
phoenixboi08

Likes (Received): 949

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron_012 View Post
A shame they put in a lift...it would be an iconic challenge for many New Yorkers...and tourists !
Well, you know, some people can't necessarily negotiate stairs...

redbaron_012 liked this post
phoenixboi08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2019, 06:42 PM   #566
Staples Center

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
I don't think i'll ever step foot in the mall. I'll probably swing by Hudson Yards once everything is fully cleaned up and the public realm is opened up fully. I think the new space is what most NYers will appreciate in the near future, especially folks in Midtown West/Chelsea. There will be a lot more once Phase 2 rolls out.

As for the review, It's a good critique, but it focuses too much on the negatives and has a Marxist (blech!) tinge to it. Between the Amazon debacle and reading this, it gives me a depressing "Why we can't have nice things" feeling towards the city. I agree that we can't judge Hudson Yards as a work in progress.
Lil off topic... @Hudson11 we need a new thread ASAP. Please make it happen...thanks

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/18/time...-broadway.html

https://www.tsxbroadway.com/
Staples Center no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2019, 06:02 PM   #567
Hudson11
Go Yanks!

Likes (Received): 37248

Hudson Yards | Pendry Hotel (4 Manhattan West)

Pendry Hotel’s Wavy Curtain Wall Begins Assemblage at 4 Manhattan West in Midtown

Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
hudson yards, huge project, new york, nyc, related