HUDSON VALLEY | General Developments Updates/Compilation - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Northeast and MidAtlantic > Local Forums > New York City > NYC Suburbs, Long Island & SW CT

NYC Suburbs, Long Island & SW CT Westchester and Rockland counties | Nassau and Suffolk counties | Fairfield County

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 15th, 2015, 02:38 AM   #61
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 18450

Quote:
Pitney Bowes signs lease for new Stamford location

Richard Lee
Updated 6:58 pm, Wednesday, March 5, 2014

One of Stamford's most venerable companies has followed up on a commitment made in November and announced that its headquarters is remaining in the city.

Pitney Bowes, the document and information technology management company that reported $3.9 billion in revenue last year, plans to move its headquarters this summer from 1 Elmcroft Road to 3001 Summer St., the owners of the seven-story office building said in a statement on Wednesday.
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...on-5291567.php
Visit the New Jersey Section

Last edited by Nexis; March 26th, 2015 at 04:08 AM.
Nexis está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 19th, 2015, 03:29 PM   #62
Urbanica

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis View Post
Love this. Westchester overall continues to build near train stations.
Urbanica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2015, 05:04 PM   #63
Tower Dude

Likes (Received): 633

Quote:
State Department of Environmental Conservation monitors cleanups before new construction can start

A number of contaminated properties in the Lower Hudson Valley are getting cleaned up and redeveloped as residential projects.

But are they safe places to live?

Developers and environmental remediation advocates say yes because the cleanups are typically regulated by the state Department of Environmental Conservation. The contamination often involves pollution from former automotive, chemical or industrial uses.

That's the case with the 47-unit Crestwood Station Plaza building across from the Crestwood train station in Tuckahoe, where much of the exterior work is compete. The mixed-use retail and residential project was a former gas station and auto-repair shop that operated since the 1930s before it became a commuter parking lot.

Over time, the group New Partners for Community Revitalization in Albany has received fewer concerns from the public about living on former brownfields because the state has a good record of monitoring developers, said Val Washington, its president.

"At the surface you can't have any contamination at all and, depending on how far below the contamination is, there are going to be restrictions on how the ground can be used," said Washington, an environmental attorney whose group advocates for the renewal of contaminated sites in low- and moderate-income urban areas.
Signs of Progressing Development in Westchester!

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/loca...ites/24977761/

"Make no small plans they lack the magic to stir men's blood!" - Daniel Burnham

"The scale is Roman and will have to be sustained."
- Charles Follen McKim (In a letter to a friend concerning the design of Penn Station)

Nexis liked this post
Tower Dude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 22nd, 2015, 03:34 AM   #64
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
Clarkstown aims to create transit village in Nanuet

Clarkstown is studying the idea of relocating the Nanuet train station closer to the hamlet's business district and new shopping mall.

Khurram Saeed, [email protected] 12:02 p.m. EST January 16, 2015

Clarkstown is studying the idea of relocating the Nanuet train station closer to the hamlet's business district and new shopping mall.

At the very least, officials say the station — currently little more than a platform and heated shelter — needs to be overhauled, such as adding a coffee shop or eatery, to take full advantage of its prime location while helping to transform Nanuet into a quaint transit village.

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/tran...tion/21834693/

Last edited by Nexis; March 25th, 2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old March 25th, 2015, 03:42 PM   #65
Urbanica

White Plains - Westchester Pavilion - Update

From what I have read, the zoning change was approved to allow up to 860,000 square feet of development. So, we should be looking at something pretty BIG built there. Per the developer:

"Urstadt Biddle Properties secured a zone change from the City of White Plains in November 2014 that will allow as much as 860,000 square feet of mixed-use space to be developed at the site.

Willing L. Biddle, president and CEO of Urstadt Biddle Properties, in a release issued on March 11 on the company’s first quarter operating results acknowledged the zone change approval it received from the City of White Plains. He added, “We are working on preliminary site plan approval for that re-development and hope to have more progress to report on in the near future.”

Lennar in its application to the Westchester County IDA stated that the new development would entail a total of 851,900 square feet. The company, while describing the development as a “high-rise,” did not disclose the proposed height of the building or whether it would involve multiple buildings."

From: http://www.realestateindepth.com/mai...ArticleID=1089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanica View Post
Speaking of White Plains, the owner of the Westchester Pavilion, an ill-conceived smaller mall downtown, has proposed to remake the mall into a mixed use development that exemplifies some of the good things happening in Westchester.

A request to rezone is with the City to allow buildings up to 280 feet.

Now:

Future (these are two I found; depending on the rezone we know which one will be closer to what is proposed):

Old March 25th, 2015, 07:06 PM   #66
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
Mamaroneck approves transit-focused rezoning

By Mark Lungariello
The area targeted for the rezone centers around the village’s Metro-North station and is expected to encourage redevelopment of properties long discouraged from seeking permits due to a hodgepodge of zoning. The rezoning reduces the amount of nonconforming lots in the zone from 85 percent to 35 percent, according to Frank Fish of BFJ.

The change creates an overlay zone in the area around the village’s main thoroughfare, Mamaroneck Avenue, and allows for mixed-use buildings in the corridor. Bonuses would be included for developers that construct affordable housing units in residential buildings or build retail or restaurant space on the ground floor of residential buildings, which would be limited to four stories or less. The area, within a quarter-mile of the train station, is expected to be an attractive option for educated millennials looking for walkable communities and access to public transportation to Manhattan.
http://westfaironline.com/67759/mama...used-rezoning/
Old March 26th, 2015, 07:27 AM   #67
Tower Dude

mispost

- Charles Follen McKim (In a letter to a friend concerning the design of Penn Station)
Old April 9th, 2015, 06:37 PM   #68
Urbanica

White Plains - Downtown - Westchester Pavilion - ANOTHER UPDATE

Looks like a the new owner (Lennar MultiFamily Communities) will be purchasing the site from Urstadt Biddle.

Lennar is, per the article:

"Lennar...is proposing a “mixed-use facility, comprised of retail on the ground floor and multifamily dwellings above, together with associated parking and amenities” to replace the Westchester Pavilion at 60 S. Broadway. The developer anticipates 95,600 square feet for retail and 756,300 square feet of residential space."

Thats a big development, definitely hi-rise.

Article:

http://westfaironline.com/70333/west...redevelopment/

Westchester Pavilion may get new owner for redevelopment
By Colleen Wilson

April 2, 2015

Virginia-based Lennar Multifamily Communities LLC recently filed an application for financing with a Westchester County agency for a $275 million redevelopment project of the Westchester Pavilion, currently owned by Greenwich-based Urstadt Biddle Properties Inc.

..more in the article...

Quote:
From what I have read, the zoning change was approved to allow up to 860,000 square feet of development. So, we should be looking at something pretty BIG built there. Per the developer:

"Urstadt Biddle Properties secured a zone change from the City of White Plains in November 2014 that will allow as much as 860,000 square feet of mixed-use space to be developed at the site.

Willing L. Biddle, president and CEO of Urstadt Biddle Properties, in a release issued on March 11 on the company’s first quarter operating results acknowledged the zone change approval it received from the City of White Plains. He added, “We are working on preliminary site plan approval for that re-development and hope to have more progress to report on in the near future.”

Lennar in its application to the Westchester County IDA stated that the new development would entail a total of 851,900 square feet. The company, while describing the development as a “high-rise,” did not disclose the proposed height of the building or whether it would involve multiple buildings."

From: http://www.realestateindepth.com/mai...ArticleID=1089
Old April 9th, 2015, 10:35 PM   #69
Nexis
Dark Wolf

When are they breaking ground?
Old April 13th, 2015, 04:20 PM   #70
Urbanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis View Post
When are they breaking ground?
The article says May 2016. Cant wait for a real rendering on this one. Should be big.
Old April 13th, 2015, 06:29 PM   #71
Hudson11
Excelsior!

Likes (Received): 37290

very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what they're planning.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2015, 02:41 AM   #72
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
The article says May 2016. Cant wait for a real rendering on this one. Should be big.
I was kinda hoping the fall of this year...
Old April 21st, 2015, 06:12 AM   #73
TimothyR
Ike

Likes (Received): 2113

Interesting thread. I grew up in Bronxville - born in NYC - and I know all of these areas very well, especially Tuckahoe, Eastchester and Pelham as well as Bronxville. It's been a few years since I was there. There's quite a lot going on.

A few posts mentioned Fleetwood, which I know well. I did not see photos. Are they located elsewhere?

“In keeping silent about evil, in burying it so deep within us that no sign of it appears on the surface, we are implanting it, and it will rise up a thousand fold in the future. When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers we are thereby ripping the foundations of justice from beneath new generations.”

“The meaning of earthly existence lies not, as we have grown used to thinking, in prospering but in the development of the soul.”
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

"We are more closely connected to the invisible than to the visible"

-Novalis
TimothyR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2015, 06:18 AM   #74
TimothyR
Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Dude View Post
You took the words right out of mouth Nexis, most of Southern Westchester and some parts of middle Westchester are petfect for urban development, Though It has seemed to me like a true lack of vision and forceful leadership has brought this to fruition. As a result its have left towns and cities dependent on roads that are either too small, have too many curves, are over crowded or seem to have no sense at all.
So much of southern and central Westchester is made up of the bedroom hamlets of NYC. There is very little opportunity for urban development in most of them.

The vast majority of it has to be limited to New Rochelle, Yonkers, Mt. Vernin and White Plains.

“In keeping silent about evil, in burying it so deep within us that no sign of it appears on the surface, we are implanting it, and it will rise up a thousand fold in the future. When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers we are thereby ripping the foundations of justice from beneath new generations.”

“The meaning of earthly existence lies not, as we have grown used to thinking, in prospering but in the development of the soul.”
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

-Novalis
Old April 21st, 2015, 06:21 AM   #75
Tower Dude

Right now it is but I am optimistic about Mamaroneck, Port Chester, Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow, and parts of Mount Pleasant and along the I-287 Corridor

TimothyR liked this post
Old April 21st, 2015, 06:25 AM   #76
TimothyR
Ike

Quote:
Right now it is but I am optimistic about Mamaroneck, Port Chester, Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow, and parts of Mount Pleasant and along the I-287 Corridor
I can see Tarrytown and Port Chester. From what I recall Tarrytown's residential area is very nice but the commercial district is in serious decline. So I think you have a point there.

But an upper crust enclave like Mamaroneck? Where?

Sleepy Hollow is a town I don't know at all

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

-Novalis
Old April 21st, 2015, 06:27 AM   #77
Tower Dude

Well Mamaroneck recently passed a "relatively" massive zoning change for the area around the train station so that is why also Mamaroneck avenue and Main Street are kinda urbanized could be made a little bit more so

TimothyR liked this post
Old April 21st, 2015, 06:28 AM   #78
TimothyR
Ike

Quote:
Well Mamaroneck recently passed a "relatively" massive zoning change for the area around the train station so that is why also Mamaroneck avenue and Main Street are kinda urbanized could be made a little bit more so
That's interesting. I would like to see what happens. Charming town.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

-Novalis
Old April 21st, 2015, 09:03 PM   #79
Urbanica

Tarrytown's commercial district is in decline? I dont think so by a long shot. I was there last winter and the main drag (Main St) looked great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyR View Post
I can see Tarrytown and Port Chester. From what I recall Tarrytown's residential area is very nice but the commercial district is in serious decline. So I think you have a point there.

But an upper crust enclave like Mamaroneck? Where?

Sleepy Hollow is a town I don't know at all
Old April 21st, 2015, 10:23 PM   #80
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Tarrytown is not in decline , the recent development along the River has further boosted the Downtown. And Congestion has only gotten worse along Route 9/Broadway...and Route 119 is not far behind in that dept.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement