Axium | Windmill Street | Residential | 8fl | U/C - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area > Birmingham Construction Forum

Birmingham Construction Forum Building projects in Birmingham and the Black Country

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 12th, 2018, 09:42 PM   #81
ReissOmari
Birmingham - #1

Likes (Received): 14372

New Visuals

ReissOmari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2018, 10:25 PM   #82
nigeman

Likes (Received): 2116

That's one very large development.
Going to change the dynamics of a currently run down area dramatically..and plans submitted for another block near the hotel too. Things are really looking up for this area.
nigeman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 10:32 PM   #83
RalphGuy

Likes (Received): 4491

The original plans for this site fell foul of the financial crash but let's hope this is the real deal now.

Could it be that the Holloway Head area is finally taking off? So much potential.

Kingsheathen, Brum X liked this post

Last edited by RalphGuy; January 12th, 2018 at 11:07 PM.
RalphGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 15th, 2018, 11:21 PM   #84
ReissOmari
Birmingham - #1

Likes (Received): 14372

Discharge of Conditions.

Quote:
Application Number 2018/00184/PA
Application Type Discharge of Condition (Published to Web)
Site Address Land at Florence Street, Windmill Street and Bow Street Holloway Head City Centre Birmingham B1 1NS
Proposal Application to determine the details for condition numbers 3 (sustainable drainage scheme), 6 (landscape), 7 (boundary treatment), 9 (roof details), 14 (signage) and 17 (cycle parking) attached to approval 2014/09582/PA
https://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/...m/Menus/PL.xml

Kingsheathen, Brum X liked this post
ReissOmari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2018, 06:29 AM   #85
daniboy173

Likes (Received): 149

Nothing annoys me more on a planning app than when they give 'precedent' examples of something really good when what they are proposing is really terrible...this is a classic example

Erebus555 liked this post
daniboy173 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2018, 09:48 PM   #86
Kingsheathen
Kingsheathen

Likes (Received): 2075

These might have been posted already. They are from a previous app. Not sure they are still current.

Brum X liked this post
Kingsheathen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2018, 10:34 PM   #87
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniboy173 View Post
Nothing annoys me more on a planning app than when they give 'precedent' examples of something really good when what they are proposing is really terrible...this is a classic example
The view of that internal courtyard is one of the most uninspiring things I've seen in my life.

But credit where credit is due, at least they didn't try to mask the dullness with intensely radioactive sun rays, clusters of hot air balloons, obscenely luscious landscaping, or an oversaturation of young, attractive, loved up, middle class couples.
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

EREBUS - OFFICIAL MOD CANDIDATE 2011 - BRITISH MODS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE!

Brum X, LocalVernacular liked this post
Erebus555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2018, 10:45 PM   #88
Kingsheathen
Kingsheathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus555 View Post
The view of that internal courtyard is one of the most uninspiring things I've seen in my life.

But credit where credit is due, at least they didn't try to mask the dullness with intensely radioactive sun rays, clusters of hot air balloons, obscenely luscious landscaping, or an oversaturation of young, attractive, loved up, middle class couples.

The internal courtyard is not actually internal. It's more like a recessed courtyard that will be open to Windmill Street and Exeter Passage along one side.

Brum X liked this post
Old January 17th, 2018, 08:23 AM   #89
Storeys
Hello

Likes (Received): 1008

I like the use of different colour bricks and some different materials, but I am starting to question whether they need to come up with different types of designs now. I don't really like the mass of brick at the centre of the courtyard in that design; it looks a bit cold and uninspired. This is a very standard design now for a lot of schemes around the country. It would be nice to see something a bit more imaginative, especially with such a large scheme.
Storeys no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 04:40 PM   #90
PerpetualBrum
💙 Birmingham #1

Likes (Received): 14379

Clearing & crushing with the J50 crusher

PerpetualBrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2018, 10:14 PM   #91
Typhoon2000
...Ready for departure.

Likes (Received): 747

My god this looks so soulless...

(Someone at Cadbury obviously has a sense of humour...)
This is Birmingham... FORWARD!!!
Typhoon2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2018, 08:54 PM   #92
PerpetualBrum
💙 Birmingham #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReissOmari View Post

Caught this browsing on Rightmove. Pic from court living & just to the right of the above pic

Old February 5th, 2018, 06:21 PM   #93
PerpetualBrum
💙 Birmingham #1

Quote:
Proposal: Variation of condition 12 (approved plans) attached to 2014/09582/PA to allow a new building position, internal alterations and a change to the 1/2 bed mix, a reduction in car parking, external
alterations and the provision of a sub station
Approved subj to some conditions http://eplanning.idox.birmingham.gov...=2017/06418/PA

Old February 5th, 2018, 08:54 PM   #94
Brum X

Likes (Received): 16924

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualBrum View Post
Great news PB, this is going to do alot to the Holloway Head part of the city and badly needed. Long time coming.

nigeman, morestoreysplease liked this post
Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2018, 08:58 PM   #95
Brum X

Also would people include the bottom part of Holloway Head part of Southside or becouse its over the dual carriageway officially becomes part of Westside ? I would always count this as Southside until you get as far as Perry Beeches school and then would regard it as the start of Westside.

Eastside, Westside, Southside and Northside, whatever it is its part of Brumside
Old February 6th, 2018, 08:43 AM   #96
Kingsheathen
Kingsheathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brum X View Post
Also would people include the bottom part of Holloway Head part of Southside or becouse its over the dual carriageway officially becomes part of Westside ? I would always count this as Southside until you get as far as Perry Beeches school and then would regard it as the start of Westside.

Eastside, Westside, Southside and Northside, whatever it is its part of Brumside

I wouldn't include it as Southside. As far as I'm concerned Southside is just one apartment block by Hurst Street. The area is called The Gay Quarter or China Town.

I don't like the whole North/South/East/Westside thing. I prefer the historic names. East side is most acceptable because it is one massive regeneration area. Giving the whole area a distinct and marketable name makes sense.

RalphGuy liked this post
Old February 6th, 2018, 02:19 PM   #97
LocalVernacular
...you can call me LoVe.

Likes (Received): 895

Quote:

According to the Southside BID website, Holloway Circus and both sides of Bristol St form part of the district. I would say this site lies just outside - but what's a few feet amongst friends?

- Really dislike the Eastside branding, it could be anywhere in the world. Curzon Park would be a much better name (IMO) - Sorry, bit off topic...

RalphGuy, Kingsheathen, Brum X liked this post
LocalVernacular no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 10:10 PM   #98
morestoreysplease
Brummie Angeleno

Likes (Received): 1955

Yep Curzon for Eastside, Holloway for this area.

RalphGuy, Bear Would Ian liked this post
morestoreysplease no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 10:37 PM   #99
Brum X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsheathen View Post
I wouldn't include it as Southside. As far as I'm concerned Southside is just one apartment block by Hurst Street. The area is called The Gay Quarter or China Town.

I don't like the whole North/South/East/Westside thing. I prefer the historic names. East side is most acceptable because it is one massive regeneration area. Giving the whole area a distinct and marketable name makes sense.
What ya like Kingsheathen.

But isnt Southside going to be one massive regeneration site also, dont forget smithfield comes under southside, there are southside flags on the lamposts on Upper dean street.

Kingsheathen liked this post
Old February 6th, 2018, 11:07 PM   #100
Kingsheathen
Kingsheathen

Quote:
What ya like Kingsheathen.

But isnt Southside going to be one massive regeneration site also, dont forget smithfield comes under southside, there are southside flags on the lamposts on Upper dean street.

I don't think Southside is going to be one big regeneration area. I think there are going to be lots of different projects near each other, with existing buildings mixed in too. Most of the developments will be privately planned and funded.

East side, on the other hand, was pretty much completely flattened by the council. It's one big redevelopment project, driven by the Council.

Smithfield is big enough to just be called Smithfield.

Southside makes sense as the name of the BID. This name allows the BID to cover both the Gay Quarter and China Town, which are both on top of each other, without giving priority to one or the other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement