The Mercian | Broad Street | Residential/Commercial | 42fl | 132m | U/C - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area > Birmingham Construction Forum

Birmingham Construction Forum Building projects in Birmingham and the Black Country

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 19th, 2015, 03:04 AM   #41
RalphGuy

Likes (Received): 4556

We need to stop having a go at others and we need to get on the backs of our local MPs and councillors instead. It seems that we are no further ahead than we were last year. Typical.

Birmingham, Liverpool and Leeds keep getting riled about Manchester and Salford`s success but what do we expect. The Mancs are obviously going to do the best for themselves so, now they`ve got the advantage, they`re going to use it to the fullest.

Greater Manchester has sorted itself out over the last decade and now we need to get our act together in this region and stop pussyfooting around.

And the lack of trams and cycling routes throughout Brum and the Black Country is the biggest disgrace of them all.

Tamworthian, DE51GNR liked this post
RalphGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2015, 08:03 PM   #42
PSS1980

Likes (Received): 50

Does anyone have any idea when we may get news plans for this ?
PSS1980 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2015, 09:37 PM   #43
sefton66

Likes (Received): 7753

My guess is by summer we will know which site, by start of next year at latest we'll see plans
sefton66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 16th, 2015, 11:44 PM   #44
ReissOmari
Birmingham - #1

Likes (Received): 14431

Sorry to bump, but we might have to wipe BST from this..

App has gone in to keep the site as a car park for the next 3 years! I don't understand why the site is struggling, when we have so much around it, and soon Left Bank too.

Quote:
Application Number 2015/07254/PA
Application Type Variation of Condition
Site Address 216 Broad Street Birmingham B15 1AY
Proposal Variation of condition 1 attached to planning application 2013/00191/PA to allow continued use as a temporary car park for a further 3 years.
ReissOmari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 11:48 PM   #45
Sandblast

Likes (Received): 4505

That won't stop a possible planning application going in during the next 3 years though, will it?
Sandblast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 12:05 AM   #46
sefton66

Likes (Received): 7753

Nope, a new app could still be submitted, how long has the app got left for BST anyway?

If it's not BST my guess is exchange sq if neither Itll be interesting as long harbour have took interest in great charles bomb site so doesn't leave many options we already know about, new proposal would be nice!
sefton66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 12:35 AM   #47
BlackCountryAl
Yam Yam

Likes (Received): 2112

BST site will pick up where the bomb site left off once that is eventually developed
BlackCountryAl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 02:20 AM   #48
Mercurius

Likes (Received): 243

I agree, with Great Charles Street seems to be the sites with (historically) zero chance or anything happening soon.
Mercurius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 09:31 AM   #49
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Likes (Received): 4968

It just means that the the current application is running it's time and they have to renew but it would seem that there is no interested party on board as of yet otherwise we would've known about it.

It seem's Moda might be looking elsewhere.
Birmingham está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2015, 01:45 PM   #50
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReissOmari View Post
Sorry to bump, but we might have to wipe BST from this..

App has gone in to keep the site as a car park for the next 3 years! I don't understand why the site is struggling, when we have so much around it, and soon Left Bank too.
They still don't own all the site looking at the site plan.

Units 219 and 218 still isn't under their control it would seem.
Old September 19th, 2015, 12:07 AM   #51
fruit&nut
Proud European

Likes (Received): 944

Sorry, but BST is a farce that will never happen.

Sooner they sell the site and restore it to a 3 storey shop of some use the better IMO.
fruit&nut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2015, 10:06 AM   #52
woodhousen

Likes (Received): 1017

however, with the exception of maybe a supermarket like use, the only way to recoup the value in the site is to build upwards as im sure you know. this site is much bigger than people appreciate, the the cost of it means that any large format uses (retail) or smaller scale leisure/retail (restaurants/bars) would need to be supplemented with a significant amount of other uses to make viable. The corwells wont sel this site on until someone is willing to buy it, and the only reason anyone would buy it, is because they think they have a scheme that works.... which I assume no-one has!

this site is prime for a hotel/PRS/Student accom use... if not standard resi.... and that's whats heeded...
Old September 19th, 2015, 10:16 AM   #53
fruit&nut
Proud European

Likes (Received): 944

Yes, I agree with what you say but they'll have written the cost and iabilities off against tax etc. over the decades that they've had the site and given the state of Broad Street when they bought it it was probably not over valued.

I agree they'll sit on the site until they find a buyer, this has been the case already for many years. As I said, it proves BST is/was a fantasy aimed at hiking the land value.
fruit&nut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2015, 12:36 PM   #54
nigeman

Likes (Received): 2134

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruit&nut View Post
Yes, I agree with what you say but they'll have written the cost and iabilities off against tax etc. over the decades that they've had the site and given the state of Broad Street when they bought it it was probably not over valued.

I agree they'll sit on the site until they find a buyer, this has been the case already for many years. As I said, it proves BST is/was a fantasy aimed at hiking the land value.

The original project was being developed by the Richardson brothers, it even proposed a helipad on the top. Better economic times, but nevertheless I don't think they proposed it just to make money, I remember an interview with them and they were genuine in my opinion in wanting to deliver at the time.
A high quality building is much needed here to give Broad Street a lift, lets hope, if LeftBank actually makes it, it will prompt another developer to deliver.
nigeman está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2015, 05:13 PM   #55
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Quote:
Interview: Apache's Richard Jackson on investment from the Middle East
15 October 2015 | By Sebastian O'Kelly

There are one or two subtleties to managing a £1bn Middle Eastern fund driving property investment into the British regions.

Apache’s deal, finalised this month with Moda Living, has already secured 3,900 units across eight sites including Birmingham, two in Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and Milton Keynes. Attention will next turn to other regional centres including Bath, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Edinburgh and Oxford.
-

Confirmation something is brewing.

RalphGuy liked this post
Old October 19th, 2015, 05:19 PM   #56
joshwebb
User Registered

Likes (Received): 781

Fingers crossed it's a 40+ floorer.
joshwebb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2015, 05:34 PM   #57
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwebb View Post
Fingers crossed it's a 40+ floorer.
This might be your best bet for a while Josh.

Moda Liverpool - 325 apartments - 40 Floors
Angel Gardens Manchester - 450 apartments - 36 Floors
Vauxhall Sky Gardens - 240 apartments - 35 Floors
Old October 19th, 2015, 05:52 PM   #58
ReissOmari
Birmingham - #1

Likes (Received): 14431

I really hope we get a building taller than Beetham, it really is about time.
ReissOmari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2015, 05:55 PM   #59
joshwebb
User Registered

Likes (Received): 781

I'd like to see the plot across the road from beetham to get a tower like the other 3 corners.

RalphGuy liked this post
joshwebb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2015, 06:00 PM   #60
Phillwop
PG

Likes (Received): 168

I'd love that but as long as its big I will be happy. Its not like we are short of boastful buildings with the likes of the cube, mailbox, new street, library of Birmingham, selfridges, beetham and the hyaat but as long as we keep them coming the skyline will be very dynamic and unique!

hammerb24, PerpetualBrum liked this post
Phillwop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement