Sherborne Wharf | Sherborne Street | Residential | 10/6/3fl | U/C - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area > Birmingham Construction Forum

Birmingham Construction Forum Building projects in Birmingham and the Black Country

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 8th, 2018, 12:27 AM   #41
nigeman

Likes (Received): 2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUK86 View Post
Recommended for approval in next weeks planning meeting subject to a S106 agreement.

I think there's some confusion here, the thread title (Old Council depot Sherborne Street) is a separate application to (Sherborne Wharf)
The 10 storey element is within the Sherborne Wharf application fronting Canal Square, not part of this application
The Old Council Depot is the land fronting Sherborne Street itself and reaches 6 storeys in height.
I live nearby and have had consultation leaflet's for two developments, I think they've both been fused into one here.
nigeman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2018, 01:05 AM   #42
SMUK86

Likes (Received): 1319

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeman View Post

I think there's some confusion here, the thread title (Old Council depot Sherborne Street) is a separate application to (Sherborne Wharf)
The 10 storey element is within the Sherborne Wharf application fronting Canal Square, not part of this application
The Old Council Depot is the land fronting Sherborne Street itself and reaches 6 storeys in height.
I live nearby and have had consultation leaflet's for two developments, I think they've both been fused into one here.
Yes some idiot demanded that the other thread be locked stating it’s the same development even though it was made clear in thread that the two were separate...
SMUK86 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 07:10 PM   #43
PerpetualBrum
💙 Birmingham #1

Likes (Received): 14421

Quote:
Yes some idiot demanded that the other thread be locked stating it’s the same development even though it was made clear in thread that the two were separate...
Idiot? Listen here child. You really need to take that chip off your shoulder and behave yourself because you're embarrassing. There's no need to speak to me like that. I did what I did because it's a lot easier for all involved & brings the threads together.

You are the one of the people I was alluding too in my map - a complete and utter waste of space, a moron so hellbent on changing all threads at the drop of a hat even when they're not even complete, whilst sitting there actin' like you're Mr. Know It All - which ultimately almost drove one of our most prominent forumers away - Djay. More prominent than you will ever be. You're pathetic, you really are.

Brum X, StanfordOx liked this post
PerpetualBrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2018, 08:18 PM   #44
SMUK86

‘Listen here child’

Very mature...tell someone that cares, because I certainly don’t. You can stop harassing me with the private messages as well.
Old February 8th, 2018, 08:26 PM   #45
PerpetualBrum
💙 Birmingham #1

Quote:
‘Listen here child’

Very mature...tell someone that cares, because I certainly don’t. You can stop harassing me with the private messages as well.
I've relayed these messages across in the form of a private message because I wasn't sure if you were man enough to access this thread again. You're not giving me an option but to stoop down to your pedantic, pathetic level. I mean, c'mon, come down from your ivory tower, you're not who you think you are. My private messages of support seem to back up those claims. Now don't bother replying because 1) I don't give a fig roll and 2) You've been 'ignored' - although I wish SSC had a block button so I couldn't see your dreary posts

Brummagem, StanfordOx liked this post
Old February 8th, 2018, 08:31 PM   #46
SMUK86

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualBrum View Post
I've relayed these messages across in the form of a private message because I wasn't sure if you were man enough to access this thread again. You're not giving me an option but to stoop down to your pedantic, pathetic level. I mean, c'mon, come down from your ivory tower, you're not who you think you are. My private messages of support seem to back up those claims. Now don't bother replying because 1) I don't give a fig roll and 2) You've been 'ignored' - although I wish SSC had a block button so I couldn't see your dreary posts
Old February 8th, 2018, 08:36 PM   #47
PerpetualBrum
💙 Birmingham #1

Very mature. What a bleeding hypocrite.

Brummagem, StanfordOx liked this post
Old February 8th, 2018, 09:23 PM   #48
ReissOmari
Birmingham - #1

Likes (Received): 14384

After looking at both apps, both are by the same developer and really are just phase 1 and phase 2, if we can have The Bank 1 & 2 in one thread I don't see why we need two for this, and to be honest it's so out the way both threads would probably be dead!

I've requested a name change to Sherborne Wharf, but won't bother put Phases in.
ReissOmari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 09:44 PM   #49
RalphGuy

Likes (Received): 4511

Phase 1 - 2016/10683/PA
Phase 2 - 2017/08095/PA

Basically, both phases have now been approved, totalling 235 homes and ranging in height from two storeys (Psonex House) to ten storeys (new build).

Brum X, Kingsheathen, ReissOmari liked this post
RalphGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 09:49 PM   #50
Brum X

Likes (Received): 16971

Dear oh dear, what on earth is going on with the Brummy forum.

Maybe a nice weekend off SSC is needed by both of you guys, PerpetualBrum and SMUK86.

But i agree without taking sides that calling forumers "idiots" is taking it a bit too far so time to chill out is needed here.

We have a great forum but i think the heat of the moment gets to some of us sometime, me included im not going to deny it. Just go and have a little break from SSC and come back energised.
Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 11:57 PM   #51
nigeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReissOmari View Post
After looking at both apps, both are by the same developer and really are just phase 1 and phase 2, if we can have The Bank 1 & 2 in one thread I don't see why we need two for this, and to be honest it's so out the way both threads would probably be dead!

I've requested a name change to Sherborne Wharf, but won't bother put Phases in.

Fair enough, must admit I thought they were different applicants, but that being the case..and it literally is the same plot, seems logical in that case to put them together.
There was some exploratory movement on and off a couple of weeks ago (JCB and a few men on site) around the phase 1 area. Hopefully we may see some activity proper in the near future.
Reiss, when you say its so "out of the way" both threads would probably be dead! what are you referring to, lack of interest in the scheme(s), or it being a bit out of the city centre proper to be of any interest?
Old February 9th, 2018, 05:48 AM   #52
PerpetualBrum
💙 Birmingham #1

I recognised Inland Homes & BPN were involved in both, on what is basically a continuous, fluid plot. That is why I did what I did. Give me some cred.

Understand that it wasn’t taken lightly, or made hastily. I've deliberated over every application going back years! They’re the foundation for my map. Almost three months of hard graft and what for? To be called an idiot by a judgemental newbie with a chip weighing him down so deep that he can see Nemo? Christ.

In the app it says (P.g. 12/35): "Given the connection between the sites it is logical that they should be considered as one combined site for masterplanning and concept design."

I’ll take a break; however I think he needs some widespread therapy as his next port of call, let alone a refreshing break. Lashing out without naming people specifically is child’s play & lower than low. It has been coming for months now as he’s been so petulant with my posts, even my quoted ones of his. Shame

As a gesture of good will, I'll book you into an appointment post-haste & sort out a safe bus for you beforehand so you can reach your destination safely, but you WILL need a grown adult to accompany you.

I won’t post on this until it's U/C. Any further talk that detracts just blemishes the forum even further.

Old February 11th, 2018, 03:59 PM   #53
ReissOmari
Birmingham - #1

Likes (Received): 14384

I asked BelfastUG to updated the first 3 post on this thread which has now been done, this is to make it a little more easier to understand both phases. The thread name has also been changed.

Quote:

Fair enough, must admit I thought they were different applicants, but that being the case..and it literally is the same plot, seems logical in that case to put them together.
There was some exploratory movement on and off a couple of weeks ago (JCB and a few men on site) around the phase 1 area. Hopefully we may see some activity proper in the near future.
Reiss, when you say its so "out of the way" both threads would probably be dead! what are you referring to, lack of interest in the scheme(s), or it being a bit out of the city centre proper to be of any interest?
Out of the way of the City Centre I meant sorry, I don't think many people venture around this area, maybe this project will get people around there, doubt it though!
ReissOmari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2018, 12:19 AM   #54
nigeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReissOmari View Post
Out of the way of the City Centre I meant sorry, I don't think many people venture around this area, maybe this project will get people around there, doubt it though!

I would really have liked to see a commercial unit under the 10 storey block facing Canal Square, and even a barge stop, which might have made Canal Square a bit of a "destination" and done exactly what you say and brought more people around here.

Its practically on Brindleyplace's doorstep, but strangely, as soon as you turn into Grosvenor Street West (just by Bank Tower 1), which brings you to this site, you'd think you were half a mile from the city centre.

Fifty yards up Grosvenor Street West, a classy bar and restaurant "The Rice Company" failed miserably, I'm assuming from not enough footfall (though they never advertised themselves well), and the same goes for all the prospective retail/commercial units on Sherborne Street (in the Jupiter blocks), most have never been occupied, this despite a large number of apartments around here. Had these units been occupied it could have changed perceptions of this area.

All that said I like this development. it really will tidy up and finish off this area around Sherborne Wharf.

Kingsheathen liked this post
Old February 14th, 2018, 01:13 PM   #55
RalphGuy

Article on Business Desk West Midlands today.

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/westm...am-canal-wharf

Kingsheathen liked this post
Old February 15th, 2018, 02:47 PM   #56
LocalVernacular
...you can call me LoVe.

Likes (Received): 899

10 Storey phase approved. (Neil Elkes on Twitter).
Old March 13th, 2018, 10:21 AM   #57
nigeman

A demolition contractor is currently setting up a portacabin on site here, think we may have some movement in the next week or two on this one

Kingsheathen, Brum X, miniwilko, RalphGuy liked this post
Old March 17th, 2018, 02:19 AM   #58
nigeman

Quote:
A demolition contractor is currently setting up a portacabin on site here, think we may have some movement in the next week or two on this one

Site clearance on phase one of this scheme definitely underway now
Old April 24th, 2018, 04:59 PM   #59
RalphGuy

Some amendments went in yesterday.

2018/03200/PA
Old April 25th, 2018, 12:05 PM   #60
nigeman

Site clearance on phase 1 as been underway for 3 weeks now. A massive amount of concrete slabs and bricks have been dug up and crunched, not to mention one or two huge fuel storage tanks dug up and removed.
The site is nearing readiness for construction now