Jaipur Projects Thread - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > North > North India projects > Rajasthan

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 5th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #61
Rasnaboy
I love you Rasna!!

Likes (Received): 22

Ramgarh Lodge Jaipur re-opens as a Gateway Hotel

The Gateway Hotel Ramgarh Lodge Jaipur has re-opened its doors to guests after a complete revamp. The lodge, previously operated by Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces under the Ramgarh Lodge name, has now migrated to the group's new brand, The Gateway Hotel.

Jyoti Narang, Chief Operating Officer, Gateway Hotels, said, “We believe in offering our guests fresh experiences in line with new trends. Keeping in line with the Gateway brand philosophy, we have given the hotel a contemporary look, while maintaining its heritage.” The new areas and interiors have been designed by Amit Gehlot and Shalini Gehlot of ASA Design.

Hunting trophies, old-world artefacts and landscape views recreate the ambience of an early 20th century hunting lodge, whilst recent refurbishments and modern amenities add new world comforts. The lodge offers its guests 13 rooms, which include Deluxe rooms, Deluxe Suites and the Historical suite. Selected and restored original artworks, gathered from the lodge's historic collection, adorn the rooms. The dining room serves both, Indian and continental cuisines. Guests can enjoy fresh local produce, natural ingredients and regional cooking styles. The banquet hall is expected to open early next year. Guests can avail the soon to open Jiva Spa, which will offer signature treatments, Indian therapies, scrubs and wraps.

Source: http://www.hospitalitybizindia.com/d...aid=3040&sid=1
Rasnaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #62
Rasnaboy
I love you Rasna!!

Likes (Received): 22

Pride Ambarvilas, Jaipur to be operational by end January 2009

Pride Ambarvilas, Jaipur, a Pride Biznotel brand, is scheduled to be operational by end January 2009. Spread across 17 acres, Pride Ambarvilas, Jaipur has been built in a Rajasthani ‘haveli’ style. The property will be operational phase wise; in the first phase, 50 rooms will be operational, while another 50 will become operational in the second phase.

Speaking exclusively to Hospitality Biz, S P Jain, Chairman, Pride Group of Hotels, said, “The Biznotel is targeted towards leisure and business travellers. Also, as Jaipur is a tourist destination, the hotel’s residential suites have been built to cater long stay foreign clientele.” The property will offer a multicuisine restaurant, 'Bandhani’; a 250 person banquet hall called 'Rajwada'; a 150 seater conference room, 'Rang Mahal'; the 'Ehsaas' bar and 'Sparsh', a spa.

Source: http://www.hospitalitybizindia.com/d...aid=3056&sid=1
Rasnaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #63
kg4129

Likes (Received): 2486

Jaipur visit...

Hai Friends,

I am planning short trip to Jaipur in third week of Jan (Just two days)..

So.. Can someone suggest some good hotel and important places to visit...

It would be great to suggest some english speaking guide to take us (myself and my wife)..

I am eagarly expecting reply from our fellow forrumers...

Last edited by kg4129; January 13th, 2009 at 07:39 PM.
kg4129 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #64
jodhpur

Likes (Received): 3

places to see

amber/amer fort

nahargarh fort ( if want to see the whole city from top of a hill)

albert hall( museum )

city palace ( museum)

hawa mahal

jaigarh fort( if you want to see the biggest cannon in the world)

jantar mantar ( it is next to city palace)

birla temple if you want to relex....

chokhi dhani ( the best place to see rajasthani rural life.. it's kind of a theme park. highly advised)

if you stay in a good hotel they would provide you with a guide... otherwise you are on your own... but you can get english speaking guides who are at every major place..
jodhpur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #65
kg4129

Thx Jodhpur...

Is it possible to see all the places within the time frame of 2 days...(Sunday morning 8 AM to Monday evening 10 PM)

It would be great if I am getting detailed travel plan to avoid long travel..(Order of preference)...

Can u suggest some good hotel to stay in nominal rate....So that today itself I'll book the hotel ....

I have searched Jaipur cityscraper thread in SSC, but I surprised no such thread...If any link availble it would be great...

Thx in Advance ....
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #66
jodhpur

Likes (Received): 3

I'm not too sure if you will be able to cover all of them in two days.... but amber is a must see and I think it would take you half of your day... chokhi dhani on the other hand opens I think 6 in the evening.. and it depends on you.. like how much time you spend there...

you can cover city palace, jantar mantar, hawa mahal(must see) and albert museum in one day... and if you leave early on the next day then you can go to jaigarh (don't spend much time over there) then go to amber and then in the evening go to chokhi dhani..

by the way I don't know much about hotels... so sorry....
jodhpur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #67
Illusionist
India under construction.

Likes (Received): 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4129 View Post
Thx Jodhpur...

Is it possible to see all the places within the time frame of 2 days...(Sunday morning 8 AM to Monday evening 10 PM)

It would be great if I am getting detailed travel plan to avoid long travel..(Order of preference)...

Can u suggest some good hotel to stay in nominal rate....So that today itself I'll book the hotel ....

I have searched Jaipur cityscraper thread in SSC, but I surprised no such thread...If any link availble it would be great...

Thx in Advance ....
Two day timeframe is too little for jaipur. I say first day you cover Jaigarh, amber and nahargarh. All these places are very close to each other and you can cover them in one go.infact they let you take your vehicle in to the fort with some charge. you can first go to nahargarh, then to jaigarh and drive down to amber fort from the back door. BTW fort close at 5 so make sure you leave early.
This will take a full day. make sure you eat at a restaurant run by kings own cook at jaigarh.
In the night you can eat at choki dhani . choki dhani showcases rajasthan rural life and rajasthani food. nice place to spend your night at( make sure you make reservations).

Second day you can go to the walled city (Old city) and see hawa mahal on your way to jantar mantar and city palace (hawamahal is right on the street), see albert hall, visit the market and do your shopping. Some nice places to shop at with fixed prices is National handloom emporium (on chora rasta), rajasthali, you can also visit national handicraft fair on ajmeri gate and shilp gram at nehru kala kendra.

You can also visit birla mandir and new vidhan sabha if you got few more hours to spare.

You can also visit city malls and gaurav towers if you want to see some modernity.

Regarding hotels i dont know much as i never been to one but i can suggest some you can check prices at.
1. meru palace
2. maharani palace
3. Park plaza
4. country inn
5 ramada inn

good luck with your trip and take pictures.

Last edited by Illusionist; January 13th, 2009 at 08:15 PM.
Illusionist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:40 PM   #68
kg4129

Thx Jodhpur & indrajal ...

I'll upload jaipur picture once I settled...

Last edited by kg4129; January 13th, 2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old January 15th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #69
Illusionist

These pics are from my Journey to India. They are cross posted from the following thread https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=786962

World Trade Park as of Dec 5th. The construction work is going very fast. i noticed a lot of work in a month.
http://www.wtpjaipur.com/

Last edited by Illusionist; February 8th, 2009 at 10:41 AM.
Illusionist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #70
Illusionist

These pics are from my Journey to India. They are cross posted from the following thread https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=786962

Metropolitan Mall
Website

Old January 17th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #71
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Likes (Received): 3339

Great updates friends..........
sanjupalayat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2009, 09:21 AM   #72
sakrishna
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionist View Post

Metropolitan Mall
Website

This one is really cool. The world trade centre is mind blowing.
Thanks for the updates Illusionist.
sakrishna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #73
ir desi

Likes (Received): 36

Thanks Illusionist!

I'll be in Jaipur within a week. I'm really looking forward to seeing everything!
ir desi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 07:43 AM   #74
India101

Likes (Received): 2641

Take some pics if u can. The world trade park will look great once complete.

Thanx for the updates Illusi... Illusion or whatever your shortform name is.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:10 AM   #75
IU
->

Emaar MGF launches its first hotel in Jaipur

Quote:
NEW DELHI: Real estate major Emaar MGF Thursday unveiled its first hotel project in India, Fortune Select Metropolitan, to be managed by an
ITC subsidiary.

Located in the heart of Jaipur, Fortune Select has 90 rooms that include six suites. The property also has a sun deck, rooftop swimming pool, spa and health club.
The new property will be managed by ITC subsidiary Fortune Park Hotels.
IU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 02:00 AM   #76
IU
->

Westin Hotel designed by Studio u+a architects:

It's coming up at Vatika Infotech city and will open on July 1, 2011
Old July 18th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #77
MANKANIH

Likes (Received): 0

Appreciate if someone in Jaipur could upload the latest pictures of the World Trade Park Project in Jaipur?
Thanks.
MANKANIH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 02:27 PM   #78
India101

Likes (Received): 2641

Aster Court - By ERA Group

India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2009, 10:36 PM   #79
ir desi

Likes (Received): 36

IU, thanks for the Westin. Very interesting styles. Do you know what the smaller buildings behind the hotel are? Are they some sort of tourist shopping, or part of suites?
ir desi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:42 AM   #80
IU
->

I'm guessing chowki dhaniesque suites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement