KHOBAR l PRO l Al Marina. - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Saudi Arabia > Saudi Arabia forums > Regional Construction Projects | المشاريع الإقليمية > Eastern Province

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 17th, 2005, 04:02 PM   #1
vc15nets

Likes (Received): 61

KHOBAR l PRO l Al Marina.

Features
Central business district
Man-made lagoon
Mosques
Pedestrian walkways
Piazza
Gardens
Large-scale shopping mall
University
Schools
Playgrounds
Comprehensive leisure facilities
Community centers
Public halls
Public library
Commercial spaces/outlets
Independent luxury villas
Mid-rise apartment buildings
High-rise towers

Future is Grand
Envisaged as the place where people come together to live out their aspirations, City Fanar is a large-scale development project inspired by the future, for the future. Standing tall and steadfast, City Fanar will be a pillar of progress, a landmark against which all others will calibrate themselves.

Taking a giant leap into the new standard of city master planning, City Fanar will transform vast hectares of bare land on the Arabian Gulf's seafront into a pulsating full-scale city. One that is bound to be at the center stage of the region's future.

With its strategic location, City Fanar holds prudent planning and commitment to excellence;

Situated in the serene beachside of the Arabian Gulf, City Fanar is an all-encompassing development project of approximately 3.4 million square meters of usable land area, utilizing the longest waterfront (4,000 meters) in Saudi Arabia. This facilitates a truly unique waterside community that is massive not only in its sheer size, but also in its scope.

City Fanar is uniquely located midway between Dammam and Al Khobar, on the Corniche road - considered to be the fastest developing commercial stretch in Saudi Arabia's Eastern Province. The recent development of projects such as Prince Saud Bin Jiloui Stadium, the International Exhibition Center, the King Faisal University, and the Institute of Naval Technical Studies, the King Abdul Aziz Port in Dammam and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry is clear indication of the Dammam's Municipality ongoing commitment towards making the Khobar-Dammam Corniche a prime spot for real estate development. City Fanar is also located a short 10 minutes away from Aramco and the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals.

City Fanar offers direct access to the major highway backbones of the Eastern Province - Al Khobar, Dammam, Dhahran, Al Jubail and the King Fahd Airport highways. The New Corniche Road will link Al Khobar nd Dammam. The second road will be the Khobar-Dammam Coastal Road and the third road will be named Qashlah Road. This network effectively integrated the City into the stronghold of the greater city area.

Inspired by the Future, for the Future

City Fanar presents a highly engineered environment purpose-built to meet and exceed the requirements of civic and commercial life into the future. The entire City benefits from futuristic design and urban planning ideologies along with state-of-art technologies.

Fiber-optic cabling is envisaged to run vastly superior telecommunication capabilities and Internet accessibility throughout City Fanar. In addition, the City also takes on a long-term perspective, adopting a reduced demand on the finite natural resources of the environment to promote a reliance on renewable energy resources. A combination of technological innovation, public regulation and organizational innovation will contribute to achieving an improved social and economic domain, adding comfort and quality to the lives of City Fanar's inhabitants.

Community living at its inspired best

City Fanar embodies visionary planning parameters to deliver newfound community living standards. Its rich mix of functions and activities include the planned filtering, movement and flow of traffic, accurate network road mapping, the introduction of framed vistas, focal points and landmark buildings, along with a remarkable aura of perfection that has been achieved in its urban setting.

Studies of ratios between heights of buildings and their distances apart have resulted in optimal light and air for all spaces and plots. The entire City displays a highly methodical approach to developing, which results not only in a community that provides a greater sense of space with high quality indoor and outdoor areas, but also the forging of a planned matrix that promotes greater social interaction and a vibrant way of life. Supporting this cause is the Kingdom's longest pedestrian walkway (1,700 meters) running alongside vital city commercial and residential areas.

Enabling infinite possibilities for commerce and enterprise.

City Fanar presents a vibrant commercial environment where businesses are bound to flourish. A bustling central business district is planned to from the core-nucleus of the City. This mostly mineral landscaped area naturally extends to the largest private man-made lagoon (300,000 square meters) in Saudi Arabia, until its inclined floor gently disappears under water.

The allocation of land for high-density commercial purposes envisaged along the highway on this stretch, points to the high potential commercial viability of the project. Mega multi-stored high-rise buildings will feature along this lagoon waterfront - bound to become the most bustling commercial hub in the Eastern Province. The pedestrian walkway located at the center of the commercial area will link with the Corniche area. This 15,000 square meters piazza area will house exhibitions, retail shops, restaurants, cafes and recreational area. The services, functions and amenities found at City Fanar will act as an urban magnet. a self contained gated community, completely open and welcoming to its surroundings.

A shopping and entertainment paradise
City Fanar has already been embarked for the construction of a landmark shopping mall, envisaged to deliver a comprehensive range of products and services to the city's inhabitants and visitors from around the region. The shopping mall will feature novel architecture to extend new avenues of experiences to its visitors. Located at the west-wing entry to the project, the mall, apart from featuring as the region's 'big-ticket' venue for shopping and entertainment, will also signal the grand gateway into the City.

At home with community recreation
City Fanar will host the first-of-its-kind community center. As a social hub, this center will offer a host of leisure, recreational and sports activities, along with featuring a multi-purpose hall, public library and social club. In addition, innovative planning facilities neighborhood parks and long stretches of integrated pedestrian walkways, which will be distributed equitably throughout the City.

Special spots of land adjacent to the man-made lagoon will also contain special recreational island' surrounded mostly by water. The community facilities constitute an important component of the urban fabric and civic life of the inhabitants of City Fanar.

A truly grand lifestyle proposition
City Fanar brings the idyllic joys of waterfront living to life in a way never thought imaginable. The most modern luxury villas and apartments purpose-designed for provisioning the highest international living standards to the people of the Eastern Province. This is the first-of-its-king residential community, where an excess of sixty traditional private Saudi gardens have been allocated for the recreational needs of inhabitants. With over 200,000 square meters of lush green landscaping, some of these luxury villa estates also have private gardens that could incorporate their own private pools.

Neighborhood schools and the university
Several elements, intermediate and secondary schools are envisaged to serve the community. These schools are located in different areas in and around the site and are all endowed with comprehensive facilities including large-scale outdoor playgrounds. In addition, City Fanar will link to the new campus of the King Faisal Medical University and the new sports complex found therein.

www.cityfanar.com
vc15nets no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 17th, 2005, 05:49 PM   #2
source26

Likes (Received): 1

I knew it was just a matter of time before KSA would try to out-do the Gulf on mega-scale marina-cities.. and here it comes.
source26 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:30 PM   #3
shayan
Prince of Persia

Likes (Received): 39

(ok boy learn to say persian gulf and your project is perfect)!!!!
shayan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 17th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #4
asb63

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayan
(ok boy learn to say persian gulf and your project is perfect)!!!!
Why does it matter to you?? Israel calls the gulf of Aqaba "The gulf of Elat" although all world maps name it the gulf of Aqaba. I did not hear Jordanians crying??
asb63 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:35 PM   #5
shayan
Prince of Persia

NO but we persians do so dont bother calling something something else OK. Keep your respect for a nother nation dont try to provoke us with these childish stuppid things you have the arabian sea we dont call it the persian see do we. NO! we dont so keep your respect for the aryan nation.
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #6
shayan
Prince of Persia

But still its a beautiful project and keep on doing stuff like this. (keep building schools and stuff because a educated country is a civilaised country)
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:41 PM   #7
Gilgamesh

Likes (Received): 22

Amazing render!!!

Last edited by freedom; October 17th, 2005 at 07:01 PM.
Gilgamesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:45 PM   #8
Skoulikimou
Brief State of Euphoria

Likes (Received): 20

this is just amazing

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)
Skoulikimou no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #9
asb63

Quote:
NO but we persians do so dont bother calling something something else OK. Keep your respect for a nother nation dont try to provoke us with these childish stuppid things you have the arabian sea we dont call it the persian see do we. NO! we dont so keep your respect for the aryan nation.
I will not comment any further on this issue, but I do not understand what does it have to do with respect of other nations..,,, just call it whatever you want and if you consider that Arabs are insulting Iran or Persians by calling it the Arabian Gulf then call it the Persian Gulf in order to keep yourself respect..
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:49 PM   #10
Gilgamesh

Oh shut up already.
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:52 PM   #11
asb63

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom
Oh shut up already.
Aggressive unacceptable statement
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:56 PM   #12
shayan
Prince of Persia

I think it was ment for me but i really dont understand why freedom needs to interfere in every single reply that i post i mean it want ment for you freedom If it was i would mentioned your name in it. ASB63 talked very understanding en respectfull and i answerd his question so i dont see why you need to interfere if you think its of topic you souldnt reply on it.
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:57 PM   #13
Gilgamesh

I'm talking about both of you! Do you think anyone care about what you are discussing right now?!?!

Shayan made a correction and that's all, no need to turn the whole thread about it!
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:59 PM   #14
shayan
Prince of Persia

but i was questioning my self do you have top universities in the gulf countries and i dont mean to insult you i was just wondering because it seams that the gulf countries are only interested in building nice buildings and making nice resorts but do you also build some top universities??
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #15
shayan
Prince of Persia

freedom i think that you sould change your name in i-dont-care-about-irans -dignity -nor-about-its-FREEDOM
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #16
asb63

Quote:
but i was questioning my self do you have top universities in the gulf countries and i dont mean to insult you i was just wondering because it seams that the gulf countries are only interested in building nice buildings and making nice resorts but do you also build some top universities??
I am not from the Gulf but currently living in Dubai. I agree that more building nice buildings is becoming a phenomena in the gulf but great attention is now given to education specially in Dubai, Doha & Manama.. More attention to higher education is observed in Lebanon & Jordan
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:11 PM   #17
asb63

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom
I'm talking about both of you! Do you think anyone care about what you are discussing right now?!?!

Shayan made a correction and that's all, no need to turn the whole thread about it!
You could have conveyed your idea in a proper manner by saying noone "care about what you are discussing right now". I mentioned earlier that I am not going to comment on this issue any further but you used your offensive language..Anyway, forget it
Old October 17th, 2005, 09:29 PM   #18
Qatar4Ever

Threads tend to get side-tracked real easily. Anyways kool fo KSA, i hope to see more of these projects in the gulf.
Qatar4Ever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 11:47 PM   #19
*UofT*

Likes (Received): 19

I'd rather have Saudi Arabia developing the cities of Jeddah, and Riyadh then to build from scratch dubai project imitations.
*UofT* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 12:00 AM   #20
Moody
www.Bahrainbay.com

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by source26
I knew it was just a matter of time before KSA would try to out-do the Gulf on mega-scale marina-cities.. and here it comes.

You can;t be more right source! I agree, and to prove us correct, let me tell you this, Saudi, and Riyadh in particular, will soon have its own Cinema ! 1300 seater will be operational by this month.
Moody no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement