[HR] Croatia | road infrastructure • Ceste & Autoceste - Page 349 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 31st, 2019, 09:23 PM   #6961
MichiH

Likes (Received): 3005

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Brza cesta do Zlatar Bistrice još nije otvorena za promet; The fast road to Zlatar Bistrica is not yet open for traffic (June 18)

It is reported that "some brave drivers" drove the new section illegally and that police has fined them. Final works are still executed and after the technical inspection, the road will be opened. There is not yet an official opening date.

The article was published two weeks ago but it seems that the section is still not yet in service.
Any news on D14 Bedekovcina – Zlatar Bistrica opening?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AL, AND, B, BG, BIH, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, GR, H, HR, I, IRL, L, LV, LT, M, MC, MNE, N, NL, NMK, P, PL, RO, RSM, S, SK, SLO, SRB, USA, V (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2019, 01:13 PM   #6962
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 3281

Quote:
Unfortunately no news. And no info what is the problem. It seems road is finished, probably some problems (delays) with documents

MichiH liked this post
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2019, 03:10 PM   #6963
MichiH

How is D2 officially routed through Virovitica?
Is OSM right that it's signed concurrent to D5 bypass from the interchange west of the town to the soutern entrance and then through the south of the town? Google Maps (w/o numbering though), Here Maps and Bing Maps still indicate it directly through the town. GSV is outdated, from 2011.
I'm not interested in how one should drive but in the official dedication

Been/driven: A, AL, AND, B, BG, BIH, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, GR, H, HR, I, IRL, L, LV, LT, M, MC, MNE, N, NL, NMK, P, PL, RO, RSM, S, SK, SLO, SRB, USA, V (My cumulative travel mapping)

Luki_SL liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:57 PM   #6964
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 3281

Quote:
Latest unofficial news: in the midle of October wil be opened. But yet to be confirmed

MichiH liked this post
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2019, 12:02 PM   #6965
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 29278

Construction of the Pelješac Bridge. Shot taken from D8 :

Old September 29th, 2019, 09:48 PM   #6966
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 29278

The Pelješac Bridge:

Quote:

source: https://crbc-croatia.com/en/2019/09/...i-iz-aviona-2/
Old October 15th, 2019, 03:56 PM   #6967
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezi View Post
Latest unofficial news: in the midle of October wil be opened. But yet to be confirmed
I found a news article from October 1 that indicates that the D14 opening is expected "soon". They do not yet know the exact date but certainly in October.
Quote:
Dali su naslutiti da bi to svakako bilo u mjesecu listopadu.
Is there any update I could just not find?

Quote:
How is D2 officially routed through Virovitica?
Is OSM right that it's signed concurrent to D5 bypass from the interchange west of the town to the soutern entrance and then through the south of the town? Google Maps (w/o numbering though), Here Maps and Bing Maps still indicate it directly through the town. GSV is outdated, from 2011.
I'm not interested in how one should drive but in the official dedication
I've been on-site. The km posts do clearly confirm the route through the south of Virovitica as it is indicated on OSM.

Luki_SL liked this post
Old October 19th, 2019, 11:44 AM   #6968
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by medi84 View Post
It will be a 2x2 expressway. Signed contract covers only Phase I on Croatian side (marked in green), which is the bridge without access road. Phase II (marked in red) should follow, but information about this phase are very scarce. According to forum members from Croatia, phases beyond Phase II are not going to be implemented in near future. This is how it should look after Phases I, II, and III are finished: VIDEO

There was an official groundbreaking ceremony on October 11, see press release.

It seems that the grade-separated expressway will start at the D5 junction just west of the toll station and the "A3 exit ramp" will remain 2-laned. The map indicates, that the future D5 expressway towards Hungary won't have an interchange with A3. That means, the "gap" should not be an issue.

It's only reported that the construction of the bridge should take 30 months (estimated completion spring 2022) but I couldn't find any info where the road should end. Remember what medi84 wrote: "According to forum members from Croatia, phases beyond Phase II are not going to be implemented in near future." and "According to forum members from Croatia, phases beyond Phase II are not going to be implemented in near future." (blue on the map). I guess that the contract for Phase II should be signed "soon" so that it will be complated when the bridge will be completed -likely spring 2022 (or later).

roaddor, Verso liked this post
Old October 19th, 2019, 12:03 PM   #6969
stickedy

Likes (Received): 194

Widening the exit lane to 2x2 is Phase V.

It seems that they will first build Phase II to connect the bridge to D5. After that or maybe along with that project they will built Phase III to bypass Novi Varos and make an in-grade junction at the current exit ramp of A3.

Most likely when traffic increases they will expand the exit ramp of A3 (Phase V) together with getting rid of that in-grade-junction and the toll station there. Then a new connection to D5 is necessary to avoid new traffic through Novi Varos (Phase IV).

I don't think that we will see the expressway north (Phase VI) before 2030 at all.

Edit: In my opinion they should it make right (2x2 lanes from A3 to the bridge without any in-grade-junctions) from the beginning. Expanding here and upgrading there after the initial building just causes additional traffic jams and costs. But having money now is most likely the issue...
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2019, 12:22 PM   #6970
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
together with getting rid of that in-grade-junction and the toll station there.
That's phase IV (Cyan). Looks like an overpass for today's D5.

Old October 19th, 2019, 01:36 PM   #6971
theAlien
moderaptor

Likes (Received): 5890

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Edit: In my opinion they should it make right (2x2 lanes from A3 to the bridge without any in-grade-junctions) from the beginning. Expanding here and upgrading there after the initial building just causes additional traffic jams and costs. But having money now is most likely the issue...

You are right .. construction 2x2 lanes from A3 to the bridge without Novi Varos intersection would be optimal and cheapest ... the reason is spending your own money for the whole project on the croatian side, including the cost of building a half bridge, border crossing and the rest of the fast road to the junction with A3 ... contrary to the award of the EU grant to BiH of €6.8 million for bridge construction.

Croatia has pledged to finance the construction of the bridge and Phase 2 with its own funds .. but the rest will await EU funding, probably.
That's why building the Novi Varos intersection is essential in order for the bridge to be operational.
Old October 19th, 2019, 02:53 PM   #6972
Namibija

Likes (Received): 7350

Gradiška interstate bridge without Phase II will be useless.

Problem is, that Phase II will be much more complex and more expensive than Phase I (interstate project), because it's going to be consisted out of two bridges, first one, bridge Strug will be shorter, while second one bridge Nova Sava will be longer than Gradiška interstate bridge itself and there is interchange Novi Varoš at the end of Phase II as well.

Phase III is not necessary, but definitely it's better solution for faster and safer transit, and for the locals as well (especially for people of Novi Varoš).

I believe that Croatia is going to build other two phases, only if they receive fair amount of money through grants or some favorable loans or in a scenario of some political bargain, while in any other case, Croatian government can draw public outrage if they use public money to finish this project, because Croatia doesn't have some special interest for this project.

I'm really sorry because of the situation, but that's how it is.
Namibija no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2019, 03:04 PM   #6973
MichiH

Why does Croatia not get EU funding for this project? Poland, Romania, Bulgaria,... all get a lot of money. Did Croatia forget asking for money?

Old October 19th, 2019, 03:13 PM   #6974
keber

Likes (Received): 2786

They spent most available EU money for Pelješac bridge.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2019, 06:35 PM   #6975
stickedy

Likes (Received): 194

Quote:
That's phase IV (Cyan). Looks like an overpass for today's D5.
Yes, of course, my fault. Overpass or underpass (Overpass is more likely because it will not harm traffic there that much) is gonna be built together with the new interchange there - Phase IV
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM   #6976
kokomo
Amateur travel planner

Likes (Received): 38272

How is Bosnia reacting to the aforementioned bridge that will make crossing through their Neum territory redundant?

kokomo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM   #6977
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 4011

Neum will remain accessable as it is. Even more due to less crowded border crossings. So the bridge can only encourage Herzegovinian tourism. Poor date-shelves .
Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM   #6978
kokomo
Amateur travel planner

Likes (Received): 38272

And, travel times from Split to Dubrovnik, for example, will be significantly diminished?

kokomo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #6979
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 3477

How deep are waters in the Peljesac bridge area?
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM   #6980
theAlien
moderaptor

Likes (Received): 5890

Max. depth is 27m.

g.spinoza liked this post
theAlien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
croatia, motorways, roads