[D] Germany | road infrastructure • Deutsche Autobahnen - Page 548 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 7th, 2019, 08:43 AM   #10941
MichiH

Likes (Received): 3005

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The opening ceremony will likely took place on 30 September 3PM.
It is now reported that the A94 opening ceremony will be on 30th September 3PM and the section will be put into service on 1st October.

https://www.innsalzach24.de/innsalza...-12978334.html

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AL, AND, B, BG, BIH, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, GR, H, HR, I, IRL, L, LV, LT, M, MC, MNE, N, NL, NMK, P, PL, RO, RSM, S, SK, SLO, SRB, USA, V (My cumulative travel mapping)

g.spinoza, pascalwithvespa95 liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2019, 09:29 AM   #10942
MichiH

A33 Borgholzhausen - Halle

Quote:
Borgholzhausen - Halle is on schedule but it won't be opened this fall. The opening will be in winter. I'm not sure whether it will be opened the day before Christmas but since we had a similar issue on the neighboring section last year - everything was done by Christmas but the section could not be opened because maintenance guys were not available due to Christmas - I think that it will be opened in January at the earliest (I'll indicate it '>= Late December 2019'). Source (last paragraph only, rest is about a damage on section in service)
It's now reported that it was planned to open the ("final") A33 section from Borgholzhausen to Halle by the end of September, and it's now planned to open it by the end of November. It might be possible to open it earlier but the official statement is still end of November. Construction works are almost completed. Just some concrete step barriers are missing and road markings will be painted from Mid September to Mid October. The 8km Autobahn section could be opened then but direction signs at the access roads are still missing. They must be mounted by the district and they need to cooperate with the municipalities. It is also reported that construction vehicles have rarely been seen during the long summer break. Source. The groundbreaking ceremony of the section was in December 2012, the final court decision about complaints against the plan approval order from June 2011 was published in November 2012.

That's Germany!

Been/driven: A, AL, AND, B, BG, BIH, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, GR, H, HR, I, IRL, L, LV, LT, M, MC, MNE, N, NL, NMK, P, PL, RO, RSM, S, SK, SLO, SRB, USA, V (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old September 7th, 2019, 09:39 AM   #10943
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 26496

That segment has satellite imagery from 1 July 2018, showing the motorway almost completed, only requiring a wearing course and some finishing touches like crash barriers and road markings.

In most countries this would be 1-3 months of work, but in Germany 1.5 years, I suppose due to the lack of capacity in tendering and construction companies.

travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Attus, Autobahn-mann, SRC_100 liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2019, 09:47 AM   #10944
flapane

Likes (Received): 2617

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I don't understand why even small projects like a 5 kilometer widening are broken up in yet even smaller projects.
I forgot when was the last time that the Arnsberg Ost exists on the A46 (first from the city to the highway, now viceversa) were both opened. The amount of time taken for relatively small projects is simply impressive.
Old September 8th, 2019, 09:18 AM   #10945
MichiH

Quote:
A33: AS Belm (B51) – south of AS Osnabrück-Schinkel 2.2km (February 2015 to 12th June 2019) – projectmap
B51: AS Belm-Icker – AS Belm (A33) 1.5km (February 2015 to 12th June 2019) – projectmap
B51: AS Belm-Vehrte – AS Belm-Icker 2.0km (February 2015 to Late 2019) – projectmap
The last section of the B51 Belm bypass (2.0km 2x2 + 1.0km 2+1) was already opened on 7th August. Source.

The plan approval procedure for the "very final" A33 section at north end (Osnabrück bypass) is announced to be started in September and should take about 2 or 3 years. Complaints against the resulting plan approval order are also already announced.

ChrisZwolle, Luki_SL liked this post
Old September 11th, 2019, 03:42 PM   #10946
MichiH

A14 Schwerin - Magdeburg

The last complaint against the new A14 Elbe crossing Autobahn section was withdrawn! The section begins at the future Wittenberge interchange and ends after 11km at the future Seehausen-North interchange. The municipality of Seehausen finally agreed to a compromise that more noise protection will be implemented.

https://www.volksstimme.de/sachsen-a...en-a14-zurueck
https://www.bund-sachsen-anhalt.com/...ner-und-natur/
http://www.presse.sachsen-anhalt.de/...1885d361b7f455

The period for objection to the plan approval order for another section (Lüderitz - Stendal) will end soon. If there are no complaints, construction works for this 13km section and the neighboring 18km section could start (Osterburg - Lüderitz).

http://www.presse.sachsen-anhalt.de/...e6eab5892252cc

The plan approval order for the 17km section in-between (Seehausen-North - Osterburg) should be passed in 2020. Same for the southern-most section just north of Magdeburg (11km). Then, only the last section at Wittenberge (18km) lacks of building permit. It was also announced that the plan approval order should be passed in 2020 but it's the section with most discussion...

The official hope is still to complete A14 by 2025!

https://www.mdr.de/sachsen-anhalt/au...-bund-100.html

Old September 12th, 2019, 09:08 PM   #10947
MichiH

Another Rhine bridge is closed for vehicles > 7.5 tons. The B288 bridge (map) connects Krefeld and Duisburg. It is planned to replace the bridge (or widen) to 2x2 lanes anytime after 2030 - as A524. The bridge was built 1933-1936.

https://www.strassen.nrw.de/de/press...-gesperrt.html
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krefel...er_Br%C3%BCcke

Luki_SL liked this post
Old September 12th, 2019, 10:04 PM   #10948
miumiuwonwon

Likes (Received): 432

The second last stretch of A72 was opened to traffic about two months ago. Here are some snapshots of Exit Rötha. The last 7.2-km-long stretch connecting A38 has been being u/c since last fall. It won't be finished until the year of 2026!

By me.

ChrisZwolle, Highway89 liked this post
miumiuwonwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2019, 10:40 AM   #10949
MichiH

Quote:
B75: AS Hamburg-Georgswerder – AS Hamburg-Wilhelmsburg-South (A26) 4.8km (October 2016 to >= October 2019) [rededication of A252/A253: 6.0km]projectmap
The Wilhelmsburger Reichsstraße in Hamburg will be opened on 7th October at 5AM. Source.

Pics taken on 31st August 2019: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lo_lit...57710743642797

Quote:
B33: east of AS Allensbach-West – AS Allensbach-Center 2.4km (November 2015 to Late 2020) – projectmap
It will be opened ahead of schedule in early December 2019. I don't know why since local media wants to be paid for reading their articles. I could find the opening date by Google search only. The project site still indicates it to be opened in 2021. Transparency......

Edit: The section is announced to be opened on 6th December. It's reported to be ahead of schedule because of the mild winter. Construction works for the next sub-section (C1) will begin in November.

Last edited by MichiH; September 14th, 2019 at 04:22 PM.
Old September 16th, 2019, 08:38 AM   #10950
Attus

Likes (Received): 1644

Michi, what is this project exactly? Widening of A61 nearby Ludwighshafen, planned for 800M Euro, now has costs of 1.4bn Euro.
The "Landesgrenze Rheinland-Pfalz/Baden-Württemberg", i.e. the boundary between these regions is exactly the Rhine bridge at Speyer. But the distance to Kreuz Frankenthal (A6×A61) is 31 km, not 14 - and I don't think the motorway will be widened from the middle of the bridge ;-)
Attus está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2019, 09:17 AM   #10951
MichiH

https://lbm.rlp.de/de/themen/grosspr...-landesgrenze/

It's indicated that the construction costs for the A61 widening are 200 million €. There were two plan approval procedures: A6-A65 (13.5km) and A65 - east of AS Speyer (17.3km). The section is w/o the Rhine bridge. I don't know details about the PPP but the total length of A650 is exactly 14.0km and that's what your article reports.
There is no demand for widening in Baden-Württemberg. AADT is just 54,000 vehicles/day. It's 67,000 b/n A6 and A650, 61,000 b/n A650 and A65, 42-45,000 up to Speyer.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/49.4509/8.3578

It's the Autobahn "around" Ludwigshafen. I reported about a closure of the elevated bridge through the city a few weeks ago. A650 ends just west of the beginning of the closed section.

Edit: The news article is crap since they report about "widening" costs but mean "widening and maintenance costs" for many years (I couldn't find the period right now but it's usually 30 years). And it is not planned to widen A65 as the article reports but I think it might be planned to maintain it.

Attus liked this post

Last edited by MichiH; September 16th, 2019 at 09:26 AM.
Old September 16th, 2019, 01:15 PM   #10952
MichiH

Some politics:

CDU party (Merkel's party) made two interesting suggestions today.

1. The CDU steering committee agreed on their proposal for the climate pact (to be passed on Friday). They wanna increase taxes for short-distance flights, give money to forest owners per number of trees, and they wanna check whether a truck toll for usage of ALL roads (like in Switzerland) might be introduced. Source

2. Five CDU members of the Bundestag suggested to limit group actions (Verbandsklagen) of environment protection groups to enviromental issues only. They wanna introduce a cutoff date (Stichtag) for planning so that ongoing planning procedures don't have to be revised again and again due to changed laws and rules. They also suggest that important projects can be approved by the Bundestag only so that a plan approval procedure can be omitted* They also request a professional communication from the authorities, for instance with online forums including feedback feature. Source.

*I think that's similar to Denmark, see Fehmarnbelt crossing, and it would be THE biggest improvement to shorten planning periods.

TM_Germany liked this post
Old September 16th, 2019, 07:54 PM   #10953
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 26496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Michi, what is this project exactly? Widening of A61 nearby Ludwighshafen, planned for 800M Euro, now has costs of 1.4bn Euro.
Here's another article: https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/.../25017412.html

They 'can't explain' the cost escalation from € 800 million to € 1.4 billion. Of course they can explain that, perhaps the spokesperson doesn't know the details offhand.

My guess is that they have switched from a series of conventional 'build' contracts to a 20 or 30 year PPP concession, possibly including maintenance on a longer stretch than what would be widened. This is not uncommon.

Especially if they have decided to replace the Rhine Bridge, which is a cable-stayed bridge from 1974. Other similar bridges require extensive renovations so a replacement may be more economical in the long term, even if you don't need a capacity expansion.

travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2019, 10:53 PM   #10954
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18564

Don't forget that the Greens say the state would be much better at managing such a project at a much better price
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2019, 12:05 AM   #10955
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 4120

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Don't forget that the Greens say the state would be much better at managing such a project at a much better price
I agree with the Greens, for just the once. PPPs are incredibly expensive when a Eurozone state can instead borrow at less than 0% interest.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2019, 12:12 AM   #10956
TM_Germany
Got Fachwerk?

Likes (Received): 1456

I would agree with the greens if the situation were different. Once you calculate in the losses of never-ending construction works in the case of it being a state run project vs the quick construction period followed by long construction free maintenance periods, PPPs suddenly become much more attractive.

Neotradtional Architecture in Germany

Leipzig in Spring: Historicism at its finest.

ChrisZwolle, MichiH liked this post
TM_Germany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2019, 12:57 AM   #10957
miumiuwonwon

Early this year, a system that allows trucks to draw electric power from overhead cables while traveling at speeds of up to 90 kilometers per hour went into operation on a section of the A5 near Frankfurt. It's the first such test on a public road in Germany.

However, I didn't spot any trucks being used to test the so-called eHighway system last Friday afternoon.

By me.

TM_Germany, Autobahn-mann, Highway89 liked this post
Old September 17th, 2019, 01:07 AM   #10958
miumiuwonwon

Test stripes on the A4 near Jena. A closer look.

By me.

Autobahn-mann liked this post
Old September 17th, 2019, 05:19 AM   #10959
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
I agree with the Greens, for just the once. PPPs are incredibly expensive when a Eurozone state can instead borrow at less than 0% interest.

“Less than 0%”?

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2019, 07:50 AM   #10960
Attus

Likes (Received): 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
“Less than 0%”?
Yes. German state bonds have interest rates between 0 and -0.6 (minus null point six) percent. French and Dutch bonds, too, have interes rates under 0.

Kanadzie liked this post
Attus está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau