Kolkata | Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport | CCU - Page 228 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Aviation and Airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 16th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #4541
Ranveer Kumar

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncity View Post
AAI and Left Front trade unions are responsible for Kolkata airport's sorry state of affairs.
No friend, you have to give some solid reason. We should realise last Abhi's fact. He discussed a lot
Ranveer Kumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #4542
karkal

Likes (Received): 24125

Narrow escape for 250 as 2 jets come close to collision

Quote:
KOLKATA: More than 250 people had a narrow escape as two aircraft came within sniffing distance of each other off the Andhra Pradesh coast. One aircraft was flying to Chennai from Kolkata while the other one was flying to Visakhapatnam from Mumbai via Hyderabad.

The two Boeing 737-800s came 5km of each other on Saturday, a fourth of the minimum stipulated distance that aircraft must maintain in the air as they came on converging paths 41,000 feet above the Bay of Bengal.

For six tense, nail-biting minutes the anti-collision warning systems in both aircraft activated and monitors at Kolkata airport's control room showed the two dots converging at a spot 340km from Kolkata at 11.55pm. The controllers sat glued to the screens and barked instructions into the radio. Another chartered flight from Mumbai and was possibly heading for Hyderabad meant the controllers had to extremely careful. In the cockpits of the two planes, alarmed pilots sent SOSs to the controller.

The planes came so perilously close because the Kolkata controller spotted the Visakhapatnam-bound flight only after it entered Kolkata airspace. The Chennai-bound flight was already flying in Kolkata airspace and was instructed to descend to 35,000 feet. Both aircraft in Saturday's close shave were under radar coverage and belonged to the same private carrier.

Passengers on board the two flights were, however, unaware of the situation. The Directorate General of Civil Aviation will conduct a probe.
Old December 17th, 2012, 06:08 AM   #4543
NiladriG
Shonar Bangla

Likes (Received): 2092

Any news whether the second lot of 7 aerobridges have arrived at CCU or not?
NiladriG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #4544
avishar

Likes (Received): 999

737s at 41,000f! Thats a pretty high cruising altitude.I am not sure if its the norm for these flights,but they dont usually cruise so high(?).
avishar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 03:34 AM   #4545
atszapp

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
737s at 41,000f! Thats a pretty high cruising altitude.I am not sure if its the norm for these flights,but they dont usually cruise so high(?).
The newer generation 737s (600/700/800/900ER) do have max cruising altitude of 41000 ft. However most of them fly between levels 350 and 370 for optimal performance.
atszapp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #4546
Kunal Gupta

Likes (Received): 596

Waiting at T3 Delhi to board the AI Dreamliner to CCU!
Kunal Gupta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #4547
soumalya747

Likes (Received): 2203

deleted.

Last edited by soumalya747; December 18th, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
soumalya747 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #4548
soumalya747

Likes (Received): 2203

deleted.
soumalya747 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #4549
NiladriG
Shonar Bangla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunal Gupta View Post
So how was the flight?
Old December 18th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #4550
Sourav

Likes (Received): 0

deleted

Last edited by Sourav; July 6th, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Sourav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #4551
abhipinak
Abhishek

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Did you take any photos of the Airport??
abhipinak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #4552
killerk

Likes (Received): 1840

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipinak View Post
Did you take any photos of the Airport??
Its Air India after all....he will post the pictures after he reaches Delhi 2 days from now!!
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #4553
Kunal Gupta

Well the AI dreamliner was on time - delayed by just 5minutes. The aircraft was parked well in advance and the cabin crew(barring 2 all were pretty young and smart/helpful/proactive) went in around 110pm - the flight was at 2pm. I did not take any snaps of T3 - the CM of WB was in the same flight.

It had a 18+238 configuration - with J class having 2+2+2 while Y class having 3+3+3. The stewards greeted the passengers and ushered in asking them about their seat numbers and guiding them accordingly. (Well I do fly quite frequently in domestic sector and this is for the 1st time I noticed it happening). There were many labors returning back from Gulf while there were also sizeable number of NRIs coming from UK. The interior was even great - very well maintained - interestingly the load factor was very good - my feel around 90% in Y - never expected such a large aircraft to get filled so fast. Upholstery as well as display screens were all great - frankly in domestic sector this is possibly the best flight for me in terms of comfort. I value leg space since I am reasonably tall and I was more than happy. The window shade adjustment was also great. what was not great was the food though while going on the previous day it was too good to believe(again AI). As Soumalya knows I am a major JET flyer and usually stay clear of AI but let me admit in both occasions AI really outperformed JET in terms of service. I have taken a few snaps - only issue is no one can actually make it to be a dreamliner from interiors.

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/5254/img00774.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/5723/img00775.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img687/6980/img00777.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img40/8606/img00776.jpg
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #4554
Ranveer Kumar

Quote:
Well the AI dreamliner was on time - delayed by just 5minutes. The aircraft was parked well in advance and the cabin crew(barring 2 all were pretty young and smart/helpful/proactive) went in around 110pm - the flight was at 2pm. I did not take any snaps of T3 - the CM of WB was in the same flight.

It had a 18+238 configuration - with J class having 2+2+2 while Y class having 3+3+3. The stewards greeted the passengers and ushered in asking them about their seat numbers and guiding them accordingly. (Well I do fly quite frequently in domestic sector and this is for the 1st time I noticed it happening). There were many labors returning back from Gulf while there were also sizeable number of NRIs coming from UK. The interior was even great - very well maintained - interestingly the load factor was very good - my feel around 90% in Y - never expected such a large aircraft to get filled so fast. Upholstery as well as display screens were all great - frankly in domestic sector this is possibly the best flight for me in terms of comfort. I value leg space since I am reasonably tall and I was more than happy. The window shade adjustment was also great. what was not great was the food though while going on the previous day it was too good to believe(again AI). As Soumalya knows I am a major JET flyer and usually stay clear of AI but let me admit in both occasions AI really outperformed JET in terms of service. I have taken a few snaps - only issue is no one can actually make it to be a dreamliner from interiors.

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/5254/img00774.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/5723/img00775.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img687/6980/img00777.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img40/8606/img00776.jpg
Thank you Kunal giving nice pic and making update Any news did you get related with international airlines like Turkish, Malaysian and Jal.
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #4555
NiladriG
Shonar Bangla

Good interior shots Kunalda.
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #4556
Ranveer Kumar

One thing I'm asking you kunal that what about speed? Is it same or anything and people say thare is no noise inside. Is it?
Old December 19th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #4557
Kunal Gupta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranveer Kumar View Post
Thank you Kunal giving nice pic and making update Any news did you get related with international airlines like Turkish, Malaysian and Jal.
As per Turkish Airlines latest they do not plan to include any new Indian destination in 2013 - the news comes as a damper and would be happy if it is wrong.

No information about rest - however be rest assured there will be time to time news items in newspapers stating Airlines X or Y is planning flights to CCU or Timbaktoo - going by experience do not get carried away by all these since 80% do not materialize. That JAL is planning to touch down in CCU has been doing rounds for years now - but nothing happened.

As of now be content with the fact that Indigo is starting Bangkok on 21st.

I'll indeed be surprised if Malaysian actually comes back - I remember travelling in near empty 330s many years back to KL.
Old December 19th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #4558
Kunal Gupta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranveer Kumar View Post
One thing I'm asking you kunal that what about speed? Is it same or anything and people say thare is no noise inside. Is it?
We started moving exactly at 2pm post push back from DEL. By the time we were airborne it was around 220pm if I noticed it right. We landed just after 4pm - that way it was faster - but again that depends on tail wind/head wind.(Soumalya is again the right person) The fastest I have ever traveled in this sector has been 1hour 35minutes.

Once the pilot addressed us stating we are cruising at 41000 feet altitude as against what we usually have 33000-37000 feet.

I would not say it is noiseless but ..........well may be less ........can not comment.
Old December 19th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #4559
Kunal Gupta

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiladriG View Post
Good interior shots Kunalda.
Thanks Niladri but not really since in spite of my on & off flights this is the 3rd time I took snaps. (If you ask me I don't like doing so on board and even resisted doing so once I was flying with my idol Sourav).

However this time it was quite tempting and could not really resist.
Old December 19th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #4560
Ranveer Kumar

Thank you Kunal to make us update. Now its all about you. But one thing I'm asking you for booking through agent, they are asking extra money. On line also not getting proper imformation. My senior will travel business class. Anything difference than other AI aircraft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
airline, airport, calcutta, ccu, domestic, dumdum, flight, international, kolkata, kolkata airport, nscbi, terminal