Motorways and Expressways | Магистрали и СП - General thread - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Bulgaria > Urban Bulgaria > Transport and Infrastructure

Transport and Infrastructure Инфраструктура

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 229 votes, 5.00 average.
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:47 PM   #121
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 19783

Well fair enough about many aspects this article is. Some minor mistakes though. The planned Rodoppe motorway isn't motorway at all ... but that is other story.

Anyway, the priorities set in South Bulgaria are explainable. The traffic is bigger, there are a lot more european transport corridors runnig there and it would be easy to get financing from the EU funds for Maritsa and Struma motorways than for Hemus , which is really only for regional use so far and is not part of any of the european corridors. Lyulin is badly needed operational as the only South exit of Sofia through the Vladaya gorge is absolutely not suitable for the growing traffic from many years ...

What i think the government must do ASAP is think about projecting and plannig a motorway that will link the new bridge over the Danube at Vidin with the already bult part of Hemus motorway. This should be a priority too as it will surely bring life and FDI to the N-W region of Bulgaria which is currently in an economical state of clinical death.
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 1st, 2008, 05:15 PM   #122
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 14724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
Well fair enough about many aspects this article is. Some minor mistakes though. The planned Rodoppe motorway isn't motorway at all ... but that is other story.

Anyway, the priorities set in South Bulgaria are explainable. The traffic is bigger, there are a lot more european transport corridors runnig there and it would be easy to get financing from the EU funds for Maritsa and Struma motorways than for Hemus , which is really only for regional use so far and is not part of any of the european corridors. Lyulin is badly needed operational as the only South exit of Sofia through the Vladaya gorge is absolutely not suitable for the growing traffic from many years ...

What i think the government must do ASAP is think about projecting and plannig a motorway that will link the new bridge over the Danube at Vidin with the already bult part of Hemus motorway. This should be a priority too as it will surely bring life and FDI to the N-W region of Bulgaria which is currently in an economical state of clinical death.
The fact that there's traffic to cope with isn't the only requirement for building highways. IMO, another requirement for building highways is development and attracting FDI. As you may know already, Romania has lost the Daimler car plant to Hungary, because Hungary has a better highway network. I do not even want to think of how much FDI Romania has lost and will lose because of a lack of a proper highway network. And E Romania speaks in itself of this lack of highways, which translates into having the poorest NUTS region in the whole EU.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2008, 05:17 PM   #123
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 14724

edit (double poost)

Last edited by Le Clerk; July 2nd, 2008 at 12:36 PM.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #124
just4ivaylo

Likes (Received): 87

Does anyone know where Hemus will intersect with the road from Lovech to Pleven?
just4ivaylo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 02:54 PM   #125
new bulgaria

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4ivaylo View Post
Does anyone know where Hemus will intersect with the road from Lovech to Pleven?
Close to Slaviani villiage, unless they change it again.
Old July 6th, 2008, 03:04 PM   #126
radi6404

Likes (Received): 29

What´s with the EU funds, was anything in the news with the "Duklad" everyone was waiting for. Was it positive so that financing can start or was it negative, that would be a disaster.
Old July 6th, 2008, 03:42 PM   #127
[s2jc]hyp

Likes (Received): 17

S Bulgaria is not wealthier. The poor part of Bg is North-West that's about it. If you can have such statements at all. It all boils down to corruption on a county basis.
[s2jc]hyp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #128
insertnickhere
зъл "комунист" :)

Likes (Received): 95

The west towards the border is pretty sad too.. theres some collapsed bridges and roads that havent been fixed for years. At best, they dump some dirt where possible and the rest is up to you. Last year we got stuck in one such spot and had to go back or hike it 12km. Basically a stretch of 100meters that effectively isolated the whole village. Since then public transport has been terminated to there and theres some private buses that go to the point of the "repaired" road and the brave ones hike it up. Its like survivor, literally.

This year of it doesnt rain and if my friend is game to trash his suv some more i'll try to get through there and take photos.....

since its almost on topic, sorta, yall started talking about it here, i made a little map based upon how i see the regions in rough terms of prosperity.

4 and 3 are the most well off
6 follows
then 2
5 is next in line and
1 is god help you country...
The vidin
Old July 6th, 2008, 06:14 PM   #129
radi6404

Could someone answer my question?
Old July 6th, 2008, 06:18 PM   #130
insertnickhere

they are working on it... it only affects some 217mil in funds or so so its nothing major
Old July 6th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #131
bgrs
dRusenec :)

Likes (Received): 4159

insertnickhere, what's that awful communistic map?
bgrs está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #132
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertnickhere View Post
they are working on it... it only affects some 217mil in funds or so so its nothing major
I thought the whole finanzing for the Struma motorway isn´t sure because of it, but if it is so little, good.
Old July 6th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #133
insertnickhere

none of the financing for any major road is EVER secure... but right now some 600 small projects, mostly private individuals are affected. farming and such
Old July 6th, 2008, 07:55 PM   #134
[s2jc]hyp

Likes (Received): 17

anyway, what does Greece have to do with making S Bg any better or worse than central or SEE Bg for example?
[s2jc]hyp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #135
bgrs
dRusenec :)

Likes (Received): 4159

It's absolutely stupid to consider southern or northern Bulgaria richer/poorer. Both have poorer and richer regions.
bgrs está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #136
just4ivaylo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrs View Post
It's absolutely stupid to consider southern or northern Bulgaria richer/poorer. Both have poorer and richer regions.

Yes, I second that.
Old July 6th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #137
just4ivaylo

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertnickhere View Post
The west towards the border is pretty sad too.. theres some collapsed bridges and roads that havent been fixed for years. At best, they dump some dirt where possible and the rest is up to you. Last year we got stuck in one such spot and had to go back or hike it 12km. Basically a stretch of 100meters that effectively isolated the whole village. Since then public transport has been terminated to there and theres some private buses that go to the point of the "repaired" road and the brave ones hike it up. Its like survivor, literally.

This year of it doesnt rain and if my friend is game to trash his suv some more i'll try to get through there and take photos.....

since its almost on topic, sorta, yall started talking about it here, i made a little map based upon how i see the regions in rough terms of prosperity.

4 and 3 are the most well off
6 follows
then 2
5 is next in line and
1 is god help you country...
The vidin
No no no, the map should extend to Pleven and Nikopol. The road there is actually not bad, from Pleven to Nikopol. The road from Lovech to Pleven is beautiful.
Old July 7th, 2008, 07:07 AM   #138
new bulgaria

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
The road from Lovech to Pleven is beautiful.
The scenery is beautiful, but that's about it. I have to admit though that they were paving parts of the road close to Lovech when I rode on it last April!
Old July 7th, 2008, 07:14 AM   #139
just4ivaylo

Quote:
Originally Posted by new bulgaria View Post
The scenery is beautiful, but that's about it. I have to admit though that they were paving parts of the road close to Lovech when I rode on it last April!

Yes, they seem to do the same damn section every year.
Old July 7th, 2008, 10:52 AM   #140
radi6404

Quote:
Yes, they seem to do the same damn section every year.
It´s normal when they use shite asphalt and select companies like glavbulgarstroi, the road Simitli Bansko also almost break for just one year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
autobahn, bulgaria, highways, motorways, radi, shipka, trakia

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: