ROMANIA - Stadium and Arena Development News - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 5th, 2008, 12:08 PM   #81
|R|@|D|U

Likes (Received): 0

The point is that the youth stadium of Craiova was highly degraded, so a new stadium was needed. It's not bad for the second stadium of a team to be at Champions League standards. At the right time the actual stadium of FC U Craiova will be remodeled and see then a grand project. At the moment Craiova is rising again and in the next years a participation in Champions League is getting nearer, so this new stadium is the perfect way to refurbish and old stadium and have an official licensed UCL arena.
|R|@|D|U no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 5th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #82
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 263

Well in this case it's ok. Maybe they can rebuild a new Ion Oblemenco at a higher capacity later in time.
Well, CL is not getting closer at all for Craiova cause Romania isn't going to have that spot too much so they will have to win a championship in a few years only to play the preliminary rounds.
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #83
mihai_alex

Likes (Received): 10

The new stadium is easily expandable also,it can be easily modified in time.
mihai_alex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 5th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #84
cornelinho

i dont realy understand wats with these cheep stadiums we ar bilding... cfr stadium 30 mil... this one 25... i heard that timisoara is geting a new stadium to... will it be 20 mil euros?

at least cfr is good for champions league... but "arelna leilor"... i dont see it god not even for uefa...
##################
##################

Romania
cornelinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 05:47 PM   #85
mihai_alex

Have you been reading any of what has been posted?
It will be able to host CL league matches,and will look quite different from what you saw in the pictures.
The final project will be presented in January,and in the corners there will be buildings with glass facades with 3 or 4 flours,and there will also be restaurants and commercial spaces.
I bet you don't even know the requirements for european matches,or how a stadium is made,or costs of similar stadiums.
CFR's wasn't 30 mil,but 23.
Old December 6th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #86
cornelinho

As you can see I don’t have that many posts.. because I don’t involve in stuff I don’t understand

But please.. wana bet this project will be canceled by the end of 2009?

It’s a commen thing here… dinamo should have renovated ther stadium in 2000… rapid wanted a new one in 2006.. in 2007 they had a project and it got canceled… steaua… that dream of adding 15k to make it a 42k… canceled…

cfr made it but only because they were certain that they will play in the UCL...

If Mititelu is alone in this project and once he realize that hi wont have the money he will cancel it…
##################
##################

Romania
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #87
mihai_alex

You forget one thing,those were wishes not projects!this is the most detailed project I have seen in Romania yet,even more than the new national stadium,so give it the benefit of a doubt.
If the final project gets presented in January it will be constructed.
Let's wait and see,than you can say whatever you want.Mititelu isn't alone in this,the local authorities are paying for it.
Old January 5th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #88
|R|@|D|U

New renders of new the Ion Moina stadium 30000 (U Cluj) final project:

Old January 6th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #89
PaulFCB
BANNED

So where's the photo?
Old January 6th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #90
cornelinho

the site that provides the photos citynews.ro is not working now... just w8 ...
##################
##################

Romania
Old January 6th, 2009, 09:18 AM   #91
mihai_alex

Also the final renders of the Craiova stadium will be released soon.
|R|@|D|U,try to upload the photos on another site.
Old January 6th, 2009, 09:28 AM   #92
cornelinho

yes but Mititelu said that the construction can start in 2010-2011
##################
##################

Romania
Old January 6th, 2009, 03:15 PM   #93
cornelinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by |R|@|D|U View Post
New renders of new the Ion Moina stadium 30000 (U Cluj) final project:

ooooo sh*t it looks so good
##################
##################

Romania
Old January 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #94
PaulFCB
BANNED

The stadium itself look pretty well, except for the tower that bugs me out a lot.
What are the total costs of the stadium?
Old January 6th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #95
mihai_alex

35-40 mil euros

I hate it when they show only the outside and the surroundings of a stadium.
The inside is the one which really matters.
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:23 PM   #96
|R|@|D|U

This renders were made to show the final facade and tower design and how the stadium would integrate in the surrouding environment. The interior wasn't modified:
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #97
PaulFCB
BANNED

Why the damn did they need the athletics track for? I'm sick and tired, they can always use a terrain somewhere, put 200-300 seats around it and make a athletics "stadium"for this.
I think stadiums from Euro 2008 like Hypo-Arena, 32.000 seats, Klagenfurt ; Wals-Siezenheim-Stadion 31,020, Salzburg ; Tivoli Neu 31,600, Insbruck ; Stade de Suisse 32.000, Berne and Stade de Geneve 31.000 can always be taken as a perfect example of design, size, facilities and cost. Of course, for a Euro they were very small, even though only used by non-seeds in the group stages and they can't help now cause there's no interest but for us it would be nice to see a nice cozy stadium like Stade Suisse or Tivoli Neu in any of the cities in Romania that host football teams in the top division. And something like St. Jakob Park for teams in Bucharest like Dinamo or Rapid, underlining the first one that would bring MUCH more fans to the stands if that piece of old communist krapp that offers nothing would be demolished. I'm just thinking of the period when people came anyway because they didn't see a better horizon. Available also for Rapid that has a another old stadium but with much better stands, they always have to repair something at that stadium. Of course, I'm not saying they will fill at a Dinamo-Pandurii or Rapid-Jiul Petrosani but even this way, at least at Dinamo it will bring 5-6 times more supporters and fill a stadium like that ( or at least one like Stade Suisse ) at any over the average game in the championship or in the European Cups.

PS: I'm saying this ignoring Steaua that has these conditions of view/size minus the roof and eventually a remodeling of the outside.
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #98
cornelinho

paul i know u know that this is a project made by the city and he local authorities ... and they don't care about football ... they need a stadium fit for more sports then football... so the tacks are necessary ...
##################
##################

Romania
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #99
PaulFCB
BANNED

That isn't really a argument for them. For whatever they want to fit, can fit in a normal football stadium with no athletics track: football itself ( for "U" ) and concerts like there were on the old Ion Moina.
For a athletics track, well, if they wanted some international important competitions to be played there maybe they could have tried harder with the capacity, maybe somewhere around 45.000 so they could be more convincing in case of a bid......or they could have just used a terrain and put some metallic stands similar to the one in the Tineretului Complex in Bucharest because there's no need for more of that here in Romania.
Just because, probably the local authorities will build most of the new stadium in Romania, it doesn't mean any city should have the stadium with athletics track being used like 1% for anything rather then football, its foolish and too communist really. Maybe Boc wants to come to Cluj in a few years and have a similar "celebration" like in the communist time on 23 August ( on 23 August stadium... ) but apart this, i see no other reason.
Probably all the football stadiums in Romania except the new National will be extremely low cost and small ( like Craiova ).
With small efforts, i think the stadium can reach the status of the one at Euro 2008 ( excepting Ernst Happel and Basel for the size ). And Cities like: Timisoara, Arad, Brasov, Iasi, Constanta, Cluj, Craiova, Galati and in smaller sizes but as cozy for other cities with football tradition.
Cause lets face it, we still have teams in the first league that even fight for UEFA Cup places and for the title that play on stadiums like in XIX Century.

PS: A big dedication for www.sercan.de, a big Galata fan. His team played his first game in Europe on Ion Moina in 1911: Cluj-Napoca 8-1 GG. Istanbul. So it was you're duty to come and put some flowers before the demolition!!!

Last edited by PaulFCB; January 6th, 2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:13 PM   #100
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2944

I know but where do you know it
any pics of the old Ion Moina stadium?

I will ask the GS board.

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (2): 2009, 2018

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014