Penang Transportation Plan - Page 182 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2019, 02:03 PM   #3621
erwinkarim

Likes (Received): 929

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmapgnew View Post
Penang requesting RM10bil for PIL 1 and LRT infrastructure projects

Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow said the state secretariat had drafted a request letter and was in the process of checking it

Sourced from TheStar today

ps self doubtful of its success meh hehehe !!!

I thought the 3 reclaimed island is going to fund everything?
erwinkarim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2019, 02:20 PM   #3622
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 2765

Anwar: I have not supported or opposed the PSR project

I have to negotiate with the state government. I cannot go there and clearly say I oppose the PSR. I never said I supported it either.

ps What a 'boneless' character, a wimp & a 'sotong' - no need to involve him in the implementation of PTMP laah, better still implement it before he becomes PM (big IF here) loor hehehe !!!

Last edited by atmapgnew; August 3rd, 2019 at 02:28 PM.
atmapgnew está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2019, 03:02 PM   #3623
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese

Likes (Received): 4135

Bro, please put the link of the source of the article for all the news articles you posting. Take this as my last advice for you.
Old August 3rd, 2019, 04:10 PM   #3624
taj_naha

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Anwar: I have not supported or opposed the PSR project

I have to negotiate with the state government. I cannot go there and clearly say I oppose the PSR. I never said I supported it either.

[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

ps What a 'boneless' character, a wimp & a 'sotong' - no need to involve him in the implementation of PTMP laah, better still implement it before he becomes PM (big IF here) loor hehehe !!!

[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/bash.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/bash.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/nuts2.gif[/IMG]
Fake or real news?
taj_naha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2019, 04:50 PM   #3625
atmapgnew

It was quoted from TheStar - so your guess/take is as good as any loor hahaha !!!

Old August 5th, 2019, 03:08 AM   #3626
SgWay

Likes (Received): 1033

Quote:

It was quoted from TheStar - so your guess/take is as good as any loor hahaha !!!

His point is..'I can support PSR if I become Prime Minister'
SgWay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2019, 05:07 AM   #3627
atmapgnew

And that is a very big IF meh hahaha !!!

Old August 6th, 2019, 05:24 PM   #3628
taj_naha

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/previous.gif[/IMG]

And that is a very big IF meh hahaha !!!

[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/nuts2.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/nuts2.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/nuts2.gif[/IMG]
I think he should just stop talking nonsense....

atmapgnew liked this post
taj_naha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2019, 04:56 AM   #3629
liewzr88

Likes (Received): 287

...so according to the latest news, PTMP haven't even decide on the exact mode on the LRT is going to be. (Kelana Jaya or Sri Petaling Line style? Monorail? Tram/Light rail vehicle (LRV)? VAL style rubber wheeled metro? god knows)

The only thing the government is certain is that the LRT going to be elevated. Oh good god how afterthought the LRT component is in the whole PTMP picture or it's really is just PROPERTY AND ROADBUILDING PROJECT with some transit attached to it.

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malay...ays-cm/1780987
liewzr88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2019, 07:07 AM   #3630
liewzr88

Ladies and gentlemen, the public inspection notice for Bayan Lepas LRT is out today! Public inspection for the project begins on Monday 19 August 2019!

Bayan Lepas LRT public notice by lizardboi_88, on Flickr

atmapgnew liked this post
Old August 19th, 2019, 03:56 PM   #3631
liewzr88

Cross-posting for more visibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liewzr88 View Post
As noted from my previous posting, today's the first day of Bayan Lepas LRT (Phase 1) Public Inspection. It just so happen that my office shares the same building as APAD Penang office hence I got to nip over after lunch and have a peek.

The booth, situated at the far left corner of APAD Penang office as you enter through the main door, looks smaller than what I expected. It consists of a generic square booth with two laptops at one side for feedback and/or objection, front facing side a television presumably for multimedia presentation (not on when I was there) while the wall of booth are all things that its already available at PTMP's official website (http://pgmasterplan.penang.gov.my/ba...ic-inspection/)

The meat of the public inspection however, are these five folios below with technical details: corridor alignment plan, roadworks plan, plan & profile drawings, station & depot site context plans and proposed feeder service catchment

Bayan Lepas LRT public viewing by lizardboi_88, on Flickr

The one folio that immediately caught my eye is the station context plans as it gives impressions on how the stations might shape up to be in relation to current site. Here are some snaps of it (ah yes, it's ok to take picture for this public inspection. No more secret)

Komtar stations which going to take over the open parking area opposite First Avenue and right at the edge of the revitalized Sia Boey area. It's actually a tight fit from what I can imagine from the plan.

...and speaking of tight fit, here's Sungai Nibong Bus Terminal LRT station, which looks like going to integrate directly to the existing terminal itself as well as taking over part of the Pesta ground.

Sungai nibong bus terminal lrt station by lizardboi_88, on Flickr

On the other end, Penang International Airport Station situated behind the multistorey car park. I am also surprised Mitsui is planning to have an outlet shopping mall there.

Definitely going to visit it a couple more times to digest the plan properly. Go drop by APAD's office now if you happen to around Bayan Baru area during office hour!
Old August 19th, 2019, 07:23 PM   #3632
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 2116

Quote:
...so according to the latest news, PTMP haven't even decide on the exact mode on the LRT is going to be. (Kelana Jaya or Sri Petaling Line style? Monorail? Tram/Light rail vehicle (LRV)? VAL style rubber wheeled metro? god knows)

The only thing the government is certain is that the LRT going to be elevated. Oh good god how afterthought the LRT component is in the whole PTMP picture or it's really is just PROPERTY AND ROADBUILDING PROJECT with some transit attached to it.

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malay...ays-cm/1780987
go for scomi monorail
Putrajaya will surely approved it even before Penang send in any submission
Old Yesterday, 02:16 AM   #3633
atmapgnew

So have to play Atok's game from now onwards, then hopefully it'll be smooth sailing further down the road meh hahaha !!!

Old Today, 02:32 AM   #3634
Vince
Vince

Likes (Received): 1266

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen, the public inspection notice for Bayan Lepas LRT is out today! Public inspection for the project begins on Monday 19 August 2019!

Bayan Lepas LRT public notice by lizardboi_88, on Flickr
Did they also have Public Inspections for LRT and MRT constructions in KL? Can't remember.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:08 AM   #3635
liewzr88

Yes, as per SPAD's/APAD's regulation. (and from my knowledge, people can take picture of technical diagrams.)
Old Today, 03:15 AM   #3636
Vince
Vince

Likes (Received): 1266

Quote:

Yes, as per SPAD's/APAD's regulation. (and from my knowledge, people can take picture of technical diagrams.)
And I see you succeeded in taking the technical photos of the Penang LRT. Good job.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:30 AM   #3637
liewzr88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
And I see you succeeded in taking the technical photos of the Penang LRT. Good job.
That's the Day 1 Lunch Time luck for ya when the directive from Penang State Government has not been pass down yet. I will go there and check later and see if the No Photography Sign is still up then. Who knows the policy might change again if it can change in one day.
Old Today, 05:10 AM   #3638
SheldonLee

Likes (Received): 441

Quote:
Cross-posting for more visibility.
Any illustration of Interchange for three lines at KOMTAR?

I can see the future Ayer Itam Line alignment would share the same station with Bayan Lepas Line, but how about Tanjong Tokong Line? It is impossible for Tanjong Tokong LRT/Monorail rail to squeeze in LIM CHEEW LEONG Rd. and make a big turn to KOMTAR station, at least what I imagine is a very horrible landscape design.

Never repeat the same mistake of KL.............. KELUAR STATION, CROSS THE STREET THEN MASUK STATION...
SheldonLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:30 AM   #3639
atmapgnew

That is for another 'Public Inspection', another submission, another merry-go-round loor hahaha !!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement