Post photos of train stations. - Page 122 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Transportation

Transportation Trains, planes and automobiles.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 31st, 2019, 07:41 AM   #2421
prp002

Likes (Received): 3529

That alleged Commonwealth Games came and went in a nanosecond. I suspect it never even happened

bribri liked this post
prp002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 31st, 2019, 10:00 AM   #2422
prp002

A Look at the New Castle Hill Station

Opening 6th May 2019, along with the entire Sydney Metro Northwest

Old March 31st, 2019, 12:39 PM   #2423
bribri

Likes (Received): 1861

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
In regards to Brisbane Central, the real problem is that they started working on a major upgrade that would make it not suck. Then they had to pause it for the Commonwealth Games last year (IIRC) and for some reason (probably only known to QR and the state government) nothing has happened since. (maybe they dont have the cash to finish the work but dont want to admit to the voters they dont have it)
I think the state government budgeted about $50 million for the Central upgrade but that was all spent putting in new bins wot with overtime and everything.
bribri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2019, 03:43 AM   #2424
Aussie Bhoy

Likes (Received): 10176

When I was taking those train station pictures last week I was also told off by a QR employee. A woman at Indooroopilly station warned me not to take any more photos of what she called infrastructure as it was "against the rules".

I really don't see what harm a few photos can cause.
Aussie Bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2019, 09:31 AM   #2425
bribri

Likes (Received): 1861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Bhoy View Post
When I was taking those train station pictures last week I was also told off by a QR employee. A woman at Indooroopilly station warned me not to take any more photos of what she called infrastructure as it was "against the rules".

I really don't see what harm a few photos can cause.
More like the QR staff don't want any photographic evidence of their inertia and complete lack of productivity!

Brisman liked this post
bribri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2019, 06:28 AM   #2426
prp002

Rouse Hill (Sydney) station, opening in 4 weeks

Similar to Springfield I guess, but cutting edge.
Old April 7th, 2019, 11:12 AM   #2427
Brisman

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
In regards to Brisbane Central, the real problem is that they started working on a major upgrade that would make it not suck. Then they had to pause it for the Commonwealth Games last year (IIRC) and for some reason (probably only known to QR and the state government) nothing has happened since. (maybe they dont have the cash to finish the work but dont want to admit to the voters they dont have it)

I emailed them back in February and they just replied with a copy and pasted statement from their website. So who knows what, if anything, is happening with it.

"Dear Mr .......

Thanks for your enquiry about the Central station upgrade.

The first stage of the refurbishment – the back of house facilities including offices, customer communication and first aid areas – was completed in April 2017.

To ensure Central station was fully operational without works underway during the Commonwealth Games, a range of front of house works were delivered ahead of the Games which included cleaning, painting, new lighting and fans, tile repairs, column cladding, lift and escalator maintenance, as well as replacement of roof sheeting on the outer concourse.

The planning for the remainder of the upgrade work is now progressing and will include major works such as platform raising, new lifts and escalators.

Kind regards

Central station upgrade program team"
Brisman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2019, 11:49 AM   #2428
prp002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisman View Post
I emailed them back in February and they just replied with a copy and pasted statement from their website. So who knows what, if anything, is happening with it.

"Dear Mr .......

Thanks for your enquiry about the Central station upgrade.

The first stage of the refurbishment – the back of house facilities including offices, customer communication and first aid areas – was completed in April 2017.

To ensure Central station was fully operational without works underway during the Commonwealth Games, a range of front of house works were delivered ahead of the Games which included cleaning, painting, new lighting and fans, tile repairs, column cladding, lift and escalator maintenance, as well as replacement of roof sheeting on the outer concourse.

The planning for the remainder of the upgrade work is now progressing and will include major works such as platform raising, new lifts and escalators.

Kind regards

Central station upgrade program team"

Barely even planning, and without plans and cost estimates, the QLD government won't allocate any funds.
Old April 8th, 2019, 04:57 AM   #2429
mw123

Likes (Received): 3071

Rouse Hill Station

Sydney Metro Rouse Hill Station by MDRX1, on Flickr

Old April 8th, 2019, 08:24 AM   #2430
Aussie Bhoy

Likes (Received): 10176

Rouse Hill looks impressive. I lived in Sydney for 7 years and I had to look up where Rouse Hill was. New suburbs I guess. Are all the new stations as good as this?
Aussie Bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2019, 08:38 AM   #2431
Stadium Lover

Likes (Received): 256

Quote:
Are all the new stations as good as this?
Yes.
Stadium Lover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2019, 09:39 AM   #2432
prp002

Quote:
Rouse Hill looks impressive. I lived in Sydney for 7 years and I had to look up where Rouse Hill was. New suburbs I guess. Are all the new stations as good as this?
As much as this thread is for posting PHOTOS of train stations, because the Sydney Metro hasn't opened yet, the best views are on video. The station is being built literally on a greenfields site with nothing around it.

This is an excellent short video of Tallawong Station in Rouse Hill showing the driverless, automated trains arriving at the station and the platform screen doors (PSD's) in action.

Of course this was 6 months ago and lacks a lot of landscaping and actual passengers

Aussie Bhoy, Bastard Squad liked this post
Old April 23rd, 2019, 11:13 AM   #2433
prp002

Olympic Park station in Sydney

by shemozz1e, on Flickr

by shemozz1e, on Flickr

Olympic Park station was designed to support large crowds travelling to and from the stadiums and sports grounds built for the 2000 Summer Olympics. The station and sports facilities were retained after the games.

The design of the station by Hassell has been critically acclaimed by many. It has won the 1998 BHP Colorbond Award for innovative use of steel architecture, and the 1998 Sir John Sulman Medal, from the Royal Australian Institute of Architects. It was built by Leighton Contractors, and was opened by the Premier of New South Wales Bob Carr on 8 March 1998.

The station is located on a single track balloon loop spur line, but the station itself has 2 tracks and 4 platform faces. Ordinarily, the centre island platform is used for both boarding and alighting, but this changes when the station is operating in major event mode. In this mode, the centre island platform is used by alighting passengers and the two side platforms are brought into use for boarding passengers.

It now services crowds attending events at ANZ (Former Olympic) Stadium, Giants Stadium, Qudos Bank Arena, the Tennis Centre, Aquatic centre, Athletics Centre, Hockey Centre, Sydney International Archery Park , (plus office buildings and hotels constructed after the Games), as well as the Sydney Royal Easter Show (relocated from the Showgrounds at Moore Park in 1998)

Last edited by prp002; April 23rd, 2019 at 11:22 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 01:41 PM   #2434
Bastard Squad

Likes (Received): 177

Worked very well in 2016 when 80,000 Sharks fans had to get back to the Shire.
Bastard Squad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2019, 02:49 PM   #2435
In D'Business
Kerblam!

Likes (Received): 23

Subiaco Station

https://flic.kr/p/2fyoKEL
https://flic.kr/p/252trt2
https://flic.kr/p/RSB8AB
https://flic.kr/p/2ef862c
https://flic.kr/p/2fyoKzq
https://flic.kr/p/2ef864B

The original Subiaco Station opened in 1883. Originally, it had 3 platforms and a freight/goods receiving yard as well. The 3rd platform and goods yard were demolished sometime in the 1980s. Between 1997 and 1998, 900 metres of rail line from Haydn Bunton Dr until Hay St, along with the station, was sunk as part of the Subi Centro development. The original signal cabin was restored and moved to the Bennett Brook Railway in Whiteman Park, where it stands as part of the Whiteman Village Station.

Last edited by In D'Business; April 23rd, 2019 at 03:37 PM. Reason: My user limitations do not permit me to post attachments/images.
In D'Business no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2019, 04:20 PM   #2436
prp002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastard Squad View Post
Worked very well in 2016 when 80,000 Sharks fans had to get back to the Shire.

DAJAN liked this post
Old May 25th, 2019, 04:51 PM   #2437
jonwil

Likes (Received): 1218

Google has changed things around again and I can't figure out how to easily embed photos from Google Photos anymore but here is a link to the photos I took of my LEGO re-creation of Milton Train Station (along with my re-creation of the XXXX Brewery and some other stuff made by me like the XXXX truck and F/A-18 Hornet and BCC bus and other things on the same table and also stuff made by other people)
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...pqMXFmalJFck5R
Its all on display at the Brisbricks Morayfield exhibition this weekend (tickets are totally sold out for tomorrow and the venue will be at capacity so dont waste time looking for how you can go and see it in person
jonwil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 11:34 PM   #2438
DAJAN

Likes (Received): 1107

Quote:
Google has changed things around again and I can't figure out how to easily embed photos from Google Photos anymore but here is a link to the photos I took of my LEGO re-creation of Milton Train Station (along with my re-creation of the XXXX Brewery and some other stuff made by me like the XXXX truck and F/A-18 Hornet and BCC bus and other things on the same table and also stuff made by other people)
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...pqMXFmalJFck5R
Its all on display at the Brisbricks Morayfield exhibition this weekend (tickets are totally sold out for tomorrow and the venue will be at capacity so dont waste time looking for how you can go and see it in person
Awesome creation! How much time would your stuff have taken to build?

Also out of curiosity..... can you actually custom purchase specific pieces, especially the ones you need in the hundreds or even thousands? (For example, the bricks you’ve used for the XXXX brewery).
DAJAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 12:53 AM   #2439
jonwil

Likes (Received): 1218

There are ways to get large amounts of parts (some of which are special things run by LEGO to support LEGO clubs and not available to just anyone).
Don't even want to think about how long it took to build.
jonwil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2019, 03:57 PM   #2440
prp002

Macquarie University Station Prior to conversion to driverless Alstom Metro Train operation

And after

Macquarie Uni
by shemozz1e, on Flickr
Advertisement

Tags
mandurahboyz