SkyscraperCity Forum banner

AZERBAIJAN - Stadium and Arena Development News

Tags
baku
234K views 463 replies 90 participants last post by  ale14199811 
#1 · (Edited)
City: Baku Stadium: Tofig Bakhramov Stadium Capacity: 29 858 Built: 1952 Seats: all-seater

See less See more
#162 ·
#165 · (Edited)
Well, if it is possible you can change it to 23,000 as it says in Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baku_Crystal_Hall

I have once more checked it and as far as I understood 23 000 is a usual capacity and 25 000 is the planned capacity for ESC 2012 when a part of the seats is going to be occupied by the stage yet the central field of the arena could serve as additionals seating space.

#166 ·
This is a stadiums. Just look at the infield.
Sorry, but our rules say at least 30,000 for stadiums

#168 ·
Just look at the size.
Nearly every new stadium in the world is a multipurpose sport and concert complex :)

This is a stadium. Just with a permament roof.

Arenas has got a smaller infield.

St. Petersburg and Moscow have similar indoor stadiums

#170 ·
#180 ·
I'm not a hater I just find Azerbaijan and Baku highly amusing, a great deal of money being wasted on fancy buildings and facilities when the majority of it's people are living in poverty. Just remember Baku will never become a mass or even luxury tourist destination, it doesn't offer anything which other closer and better recognised locations have, plus you need a visa where most of the destinations it competes against for the tourist dollar don't, and to cap it all off most of the big spending ex-pat oil workers have left.

Back to the stadium, it's got to be a stadium, I visited the site a few weeks back when I went to have a look at the flagpole, if that's not a soccer field sized infield then I'm as blind as a bat, it looks about the same size as a single tier football field.

#177 ·
WTF? What did i wrote about Azerbaijan?

Come on Galander. I mean its so clear that this project is a stadium. You can play football here.

#179 ·
Damn Galander. You shocked me a lot :)
So its better to wait for official plans etc. Sorry Galander.

#181 ·
KiwiRob, why the hell are you daring to talk about all this when you visit it yourself on a constant basis? Why not to find a better place for a business? A field?? Have you been to the future of something? How can you know the size of the field when it is not even shaped at all? :nuts:

#183 ·
You can see the size of the infield by the spacing of the stands, it's much larger than a basketball or handball court.

Trust me if I could get out of going to Azerbaijan I would, but I'm employed to look after the former CIS countries by the company I work for so I have to go, like it or not.

#186 ·
I was really excited about this project. Pity it's just a single tier stadium or similar to a stadium regarding the general structure. I expected a multi-tier basketball arena. :/

#187 · (Edited)
This discussion about the size of the floor of the arena/stadium made me think of Telenor Arena i Olso. I think Baku Crystal Hall will be quite like it in size. Telenor Arena is an indoor arena with a footballsized floor and single tiers. It holds 15,000 for football, but up to 25,000 for concerts. Baku Crystal Hall capacity is said to be 23,000, but I'm not sure if this number is only for the permanent seats on the tier or if it also includes temporary seating on the floor. Telenor Arena also held the Eurovision when it was in Norway.
http://www.stadionsiden.com/index.asp?stadium_id=881