95K views 222 replies 40 participants last post by  Zaz965 
#1 · (Edited)
'Tour ALTO'

Client : UBS
Developer : Ideve
Surface area : 51 200 m²
Architect : SRA & Interfaces

OFFICIAL PROJECT

Former project by Hervé Tördjman (no longer topical)

Courtesy of Hervé Tordjman Architecte & Associés

Building 'Les Saisons' (below) to be destroyed to make way for 'Tour ALTO' if the project was to be confirmed next year

See less See more
#4 ·
The project is serious but a new design has been presented for Alto tower.
The surface will be greater but the tower will be smaller in height unfortunately. :(
About 150m
52,000m²

Avec l'arrivée probable des tours Hermitage Plaza et la restructuration de la tour First, c'est toute cette partie du quartier des Saisons qui va changer dans les prochaines années. La banque Suisse UBS projette d'y construire la tour Alto d'environ 150 mètres de hauteur. Se développant sur 52 000 m² répartis sur 38 étages, la tour a été conçue par l'agence d'architecture SRA. Erigée, la tour permettrait de créer un nouveau lien entre la place des Saisons et le boulevard Circulaire.

Alto vise une certification BREAM Excellent. A titre de comparaison elle devrait consommer autant d'énergie que l'immeuble actuellement en place qui est presque sept fois plus petit.

Le projet qui s'inscrit dans le cadre d'une concertation publique avec les habitants du quartier sera présenté lors d'une réunion le jeudi 10 janvier en présence des architectes et des investisseurs et promoteurs du projet. Sa construction pourrait débuter en 2014 pour une livraison en 2016.
With the likely arrival Hermitage Plaza towers and the restructuring of the First tower, it is all this part of Seasons district that will change in the coming years. UBS Swiss bank plans to build the tower Alto of approximately 150 meters. Developing over 52,000 m² spread in over 38 floors, the tower was designed by the architectural firm SRA.
Built, the tower would create a new link between Seasons square and the Circular Boulevard.

Alto aims a BREAM Excellent certification. For comparison it should consume as much energy as the building currently in place that is almost seven times smaller.

The project is part of a public consultation with local residents will be presented at a meeting Thursday, January 10 in the presence of architects, investors and project developers.
Construction could begin in 2014 for delivery in 2016.
Source: Defense-92.fr

More news today or tomorrow.

#16 ·
#8 ·
I agree with you guys...actually I have no idea why both the architect & the project have changed...:weird:

We should be having a clue about it all tomorrow as the new project is to be officially unveiled.

#17 ·
Very interesting comparison Henkka :). It looks as if the architects have drawn their inspiration from this vase indeed (furthermore the name is quite the same).

ps: what do you mean by Phare Jr, the previous Alto's project?

#19 ·
ps: what do you mean by Phare Jr, the previous Alto's project?
The one shown on the first post. It was proposed on this same site?

And Phare Jr. because the slight resemblance with Tour Phare: two flat sides, one with protruding boxes, and curve in front. The cladding also has some diagonality in it.

#20 ·
Yes it was.

Indeed, the first project could have been nicknamed Phare Jr. , you're right actually.

I'm still waiting for big & detailed renderings to make my mind up. I quite like that new project (although I prefered the first one), its shape is interesting & the cladding looks neat but I need to see more...

There's a public meeting on 23 february regarding the chosen project, the EPADESA along with the nearby residents will discuss the project.

#21 · (Edited)
ALTO unveiled at the MIPIM

Both the cladding & urban integration look really promising...:)

The building permit application was submitted early 2013 & a public inquiry is to take place this year as well.

The demolition of the current building -Les Saisons- is hoped for september 2014, the tower's completion being expected late 2017 (if no ostacle intervenes).

Though, some nimby fearing a loss of a couple hours of sunshine per day are already likely to appeal against the project...

http://www.defense-92.fr/lesnewsdeladefense.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.