Future Los Angeles Skyline - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West > Local Forums > Los Angeles

Los Angeles » Development News | Transportation | Greater L.A. Area

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 11th, 2006, 04:03 AM   #1
Robert Stark

Likes (Received): 5

Future Los Angeles Skyline

Downtowns skyline will grow fatter, and spread southward, to The 10. Hollywood's and Century City's will grow fatter as well. I don't see any supertalls in The near future, but I would like to see some in areas btwn downtown and Century City, like the Beverly Centre, Mid wilshire, and McCarther Park.
Robert Stark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2006, 07:45 PM   #2
klamedia
Silver Lake

Likes (Received): 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Stark
Downtowns skyline will grow fatter, and spread southward, to The 10. Hollywood's and Century City's will grow fatter as well. I don't see any supertalls in The near future, but I would like to see some in areas btwn downtown and Century City, like the Beverly Centre, Mid wilshire, and McCarther Park.
I applaud the development of downtown LA and beyond. Either we are still in the beginning stages of the LA transformation(which I tend to believe) or the city planners need to get more aggresive with the building and further urbanization of the city before their is another economy slow-down. IMO downtown should be filled with cranes in the sky, but I do believe we will see this in 2006 and beyond.
klamedia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 11:18 PM   #3
LANative
Smile!

Likes (Received): 14

I think L.A.'s skyline should be more denser and extend the skyline from left to right north and south; thats how I see it.
LANative no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2006, 02:16 AM   #4
Robert Stark

There is a big gap in the skyline btwn downtown and the westside/Century City. I would like to see the development of a "Mid-Town" skyline, especially around The Beverly Center and Mid Wilshire.
Old January 12th, 2006, 02:53 AM   #5
svs

Likes (Received): 13

I think the most likely expansion of High rises will occur near downtown, probably toward the LA river and south of South Park. The next most likely area to see major change will probably be the area just west of the Harbor freeway toward MacArthur Park.
svs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 02:57 AM   #6
danparker276

Likes (Received): 0

Yeah around MacArthur Park would be nice.
I really haven't been around there that much, just driven by. Have they cleaned up that park much, or is the only reason people go there is to buy drugs? I haven't heard of any plans to clean it up.
danparker276 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 03:15 AM   #7
FROM LOS ANGELES
skyscraper maniac

Likes (Received): 37

What I really tirp about are those 3 crapy buildings in front of the AON Center. The ones btwn Flower and Grand, they're so ugly. I hate them. Btw there's like 3 cranes like 2 miles west of McArthur Park on Wilshire.
Old January 12th, 2006, 03:51 AM   #8
latennisguy

Likes (Received): 1

Before:

and After the development in South Park and Grand Avenue:

latennisguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 03:54 AM   #9
mongozx
Pipe Layer

Likes (Received): 9

nice but i still think it needs to be denser than that to get some respect. perhaps much later in the future?
mongozx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 03:56 AM   #10
danparker276

Great rendering!! Do you have metropolis in there too? That would probably will that inbetween area.

Does south park really go that far?
danparker276 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 04:17 AM   #11
PotatoGuy

Likes (Received): 4

i was thinking the same thing.. but either way, it's still pretty cool that the skyline is being extended
Old January 12th, 2006, 04:20 AM   #12
latennisguy

Likes (Received): 1

Isn't the SBC Tower in South Park too? That's the last building in the right
latennisguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 04:28 AM   #13
Robert Stark

What other areas other than downtown do you expect to develop there skyline. I am not sure if those towers at Santa Monica Place are still proposed.
Old January 12th, 2006, 04:42 AM   #14
LANative
Smile!

Likes (Received): 14

Thats a interesting rendering. That will densify the skyline. Now only if the skyline was extended from north to south, that will be even better.
LANative no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 07:48 AM   #15
klamedia
Silver Lake

I like the seperate skyline concept, gives you room to breathe. Downtown, CC, and The Beverly Hills/Wilshire District skyline, but all seperated by low rises is cool. Also if Santa Monica and Hollywood work on theirs, it will really show off LA's multi-polarity. But not too many tall buildings in Hollywood, you wouldn't want to block the sign.

I was walking in Hollywood tonight, has anyone else noticed how it is really coming alive with people walking all over the place and lights everywhere!??
Old January 12th, 2006, 10:52 AM   #16
LosAngelesSportsFan

Likes (Received): 974

oh ya, hollywood is going to be on fire soon, if not laready. the restaurants and the bars are poppin. Once all those developments around Hollywood and vine, and there are about 5 or 6 major ones come online, that whole area is going to be great and all we have to do is work on filling in the area between highland and vine and from La Brea south to sunset. I wish we had a trolly system between hollywood blvd and sunset, that would be great. We also need to push the california legislature to extend the california last call to at least 4 am. everyone write your letters and make your voice heard.
LosAngelesSportsFan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 01:34 PM   #17
Vangelist

i really don't know what you guys are talking about, since i moved to my street, which is smack dab halfway between highland and vine off highland, in january 2003...and it's been "poppin" at least since the gigantic pseudo-babylonian mall opened (yes, it may be ugly but its been a GOOD thing for this 'hood) ....in late 2001.

i got smashed tonight at boardner's, the classic hollywood bar on cherokee - with a friend who had just come from a movie at the arclight...then walked to popeye's on cahuenga for some chicken, and we ate w/ some other strangers who invited us to our table. that popeye's is ALWAYS filled w/ a lot of "personality" to put it mildly - very social, drawing off the pedestrian nature of hollywood blvd...all types of characters there, our late-night dinner partners were eastside (los feliz/ silverlake) hipsters, but there was a huge crowd there...

then i walked my friend to her parked on selma since she wasstill buzzed and didnt wanna walk alone, and she drove me the 2 blockshome..

and now i'm still drunk, come online, and see you guys complimenting my neighborhood. lol. thanks!! but it's been awsome at least since the beginning of this decade...and in the 1920's & 30stoo, of course! in its heyday

Hollywood Blvd...I LOVE YOU
Vangelist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 07:55 PM   #18
klamedia
Silver Lake

Aint nothing like being able to walk home drunk from a bar!! I love that Popeye's too! I got arrested close to their so it will always hold some sentimental value to me, but we won't go into that right now.

I've been purposely taking walks through your neighborhood and saw that big hole over by the mall that will be a future huge ass apartment complex, a block north of Hollywood. Looks good! But what happened to the mini-park where people would take their dogs?? I saw a bulldozer in it the other day. Hollywood is a great walkable neighborhood and if you really like art deco and mid-century architecture like I do, their really aren't too many other places like it. Besides the neighborhood has 3 subway stops, a freeway and dare I say, has become quite a charming area. I don't even mind the tourists.
BTW I like that mall for what it is, a tourist trap. It certainly gets people out and walking about the area. I like the Shrek/his wife and Wonder Woman characters are my favorite. I don't like Spiderman too much. His costume is busted and he had an erection the other day. My God! Their are kids around!!
Hollywood is good for a date. Good to take out-of-towners, they all want to go. And I hear their is a Whole Foods coming.

Love that 'hood!
Old January 12th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #19
klamedia
Silver Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan
oh ya, hollywood is going to be on fire soon, if not laready. the restaurants and the bars are poppin. Once all those developments around Hollywood and vine, and there are about 5 or 6 major ones come online, that whole area is going to be great and all we have to do is work on filling in the area between highland and vine and from La Brea south to sunset. I wish we had a trolly system between hollywood blvd and sunset, that would be great. We also need to push the california legislature to extend the california last call to at least 4 am. everyone write your letters and make your voice heard.
Sign me up!! Could this be true??
Old January 12th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #20
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 923

I hope so. 2 am is wayy too early.

Btw..what's Century City's future hold?
Advertisement

Tags
los angeles, usa