SkyscraperCity Forum banner

SAN JOSE | Westfield Valley Fair Expansion | T/O

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  JoshuaSantos 
#1 ·
Inside Westfield's big plans for its $600M Valley Fair expansion (renderings)
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/...westfields-big-plans-for-its-600m-valley.html

Valley fair is having a $600M expansion that will add movie theaters, a new anchor, Bloomingdales, a new outdoor area, about 265,000sqft of new shops. At 2.1Msqft it will be one of the largest malls in California, and the largest mall in the Bay Area. Unlike Santana Row this will only be retail establishments, no office, and no condo/apartments.

http://www.thesanjoseblog.com/2015/05/more-details-on-valley-fairs-600m.html
The expansion will add 600,000 SQFT to the mall, making it the largest mall in Northern California by a significant margin. The cost will be $600M. To put that into perspective, that is about the same cost as the entire first phase of Santana Row.

The flagship addition to the mall is a 150,000 SQFT Bloomingdales--which is larger than the one in Stanford Shopping center. However, that won't be the only substantial improvement. There will be between 80 and 100 new stores, most of which will be unique retail not available today in Silicon Valley (or even San Francisco). You'll have new entertainment and service offerings including an ultra-luxury 10 screen movie theater and a massive fitness center. Parking will get easier with 4,200 new spaces, a direct connector to 880, and new available-spot guidance technology. Oh, and to make sure the mall looks consistent they are also going to renovate the older parts of the mall to look as slick as the expansion. The only thing that didn't make the cut was Neiman Marcus, but I think 99% of us will be okay with that.

Courtesy Joshua Santos - The San Jose Blog

See less See more
#9 ·
Went to check out the expansion during my lunch break. I would estimate roughly ~25-30 new stores are open. I'm going to check back at night time to see all the new LED lights.

The new parking garage is open and it's still currently free. There's a HUGE underground parking floor too

There's also free arcade games on the 3rd floor of Bloomingdale's.

I absolutely LOVE how the outdoor portion of Valleyfair now helps connect Santana Row. It's still going to be a B to use the cross walk there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.