SkyscraperCity Forum banner
210K views 383 replies 97 participants last post by  Rekarte 
#1 ·
Post any pictures of the SF Bay Area you've taken and/or pictures that you've found in the internet worth posting.

#102 · (Edited)
omg, why am i in that pic? lol jp.. yeah, looking forward to the fiesta GMA and SOP concert on july.

lol, just wanna share this pic i took last weekend.. financial district to union square and civic center.. what a sight.

i could see the federal building. ima try to take a better pic next time we go there. [pano would work]

#103 ·
we went to my dads work at the airport.. sorry bout the quality...
101-280

part of the brisbane-south san francisco skyline

approaching the parking areas..

san francisco international airport's air train

parking, BART station, some airplanes on the international terminal

united

car rental

singapore

asiana

china

delta

#108 ·
Blink182 said:
Does most Filipino loves to wear hip hop culture or just some?
Only some, hip-hop culture is very popular in most Filipino-American teenage culture. I like some hip-hop music but I don't dress like I'm a rapper. Some Filipinos teenagers dress like "hip-hop" clothing because it's popular culture or maybe you just think that basketball and/or skaterboard clothing is hip-hop, because a lot of Filipinos where basketball and/or skateboarding gear.

#109 ·
612bv3 said:
Only some, hip-hop culture is very popular in most Filipino-American teenage culture. I like some <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=31&k=hip%20hop%20music" onmouseover="window.status='<a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=31&k=hip%20hop%20music" onmouseover="window.status='hip-hop music'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">hip-hop music</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">hip-hop music</a> but I don't dress like I'm a rapper. Some Filipinos teenagers dress like "hip-hop" clothing because it's popular culture or maybe you just think that basketball and/or skaterboard clothing is hip-hop, because a lot of Filipinos where basketball and/or skateboarding gear.
I noticed that some filipino love to wear rock and punk fashion, I have several filipino friend that are skateboard appeal and hip hop fashion. Some people thought that filipino are from ghetto area. :sleepy: That's totally bullshit. Most Filipino has well educated.

I wear rock, punk and skateboard appeal everyday but never liked or wear hip hop fashion.

#118 ·
StevenW said:
I like this pic:
Sutter Street. More specifically, the sun is shining on the north side of the block of Sutter Street between Montgomery and Sansome Streets. At the top of the picture is 44 Montgomery (565-43-1966), on the bottom right is Citicorp Center (551-39-1984), and the bottom left tower is the Charles Schwab world headquarters at 101 Montgomery Street (404-28-1983). I don't know what the middle building is called.

#122 ·
^^From what I heard in the news, the last time it snowed in San Francisco was during the 70s.

Events like this is why I love San Francisco. It was estimated that 15,000 attended the event. If they do this next year during the weekend, it will certainly have a bigger crowd and I will be there.

#125 ·
Oakland Area aerials...

Found these on the net...dont know if theyve ever been put here before...thought they were cool.

24 as it snakes through posh La-Mo-Rinda and eventually in Walnut Creek...Mt Diablo is to the right, you can make out Concord, Pittsburg and Antioch..

Montclair(They dont like to acknowledge that they actually are part of Oakland) isnt really that far from Moraga is it?..

Sprawl to Mt Diablo:you can run, but you cant hide..LOL

The Delta meets the Bay over Antioch....waaayyy out in Antioch.

Oakland seems like a world away from the Delta

Emeryville and Oakland with Hayward in the distance..

Downtown, the Murdah Dubz(although its not as murderous as it once was), The 300s,400s,500s(I dont know people in East Oakland call the numbered streets between 30th and 59th that but such is the case..go figure?), Fruitvale(Jingletown) and New Chinatown just above the lake. Alameda is across the estuary.

Downtown and the rich areas in the higher elevations that surprise newcomers who think Oakland is just boyz'n the hood and nothing else...and lots of the people in these areas have more familiarity with Berkeley and SF then with their own city(even after several years in some cases)..LOL

The Campanile of UC Berkeley rises in the hills...Oakland and Berkeley are very similar in their politics..except one city is run by liberal whites and the other is run by liberal-well, everyone else..but its all good in the neighborhood.

As far as the look and feel of the place,(palm trees and bayshore notwithstanding)The Island of Alameda is a piece of the midwest that found its way to the San Francisco Bay IMO. Neat and Quaint...just the way they like it. Sheltered by water from the grit next door.

Even in pictures, Oakland exudes this unapologetic air.

Oakland-Berkeley or Berkeley-Oakland, either way, peas in a pod

Oakland and Alameda, no hyphen but still very cordial.

The nearest Gucci store, just across the bridge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.