SkyscraperCity Forum banner
210K views 383 replies 97 participants last post by  Rekarte 
#1 ·
Post any pictures of the SF Bay Area you've taken and/or pictures that you've found in the internet worth posting.

#152 · (Edited)
Hentai!!! LOL!!! They were showing hentai and yaoi films there at night! My friends were trying to get in, but they didnt have any proof that they were 18. LOL. The whole place was open all day! Some of my friends stayed up the whole day. :scouserd: There were showings anime and asian movies all night and the arcade was open all day long. It was awesome. I think next year will be bigger.

#153 ·
Hehe, yeah one time I was in DT Dallas on a weekend and I started noticing all sorts of people wearing those anime costumes and walking around and eating at cafes. Apparently there was some convention in town. Anyways, they looked much the same as the kids pictured here, but it was just a little bit funnier to see them outside walking near adults and bums ;)

#154 ·
Alameda, CA a tiny quaint Island in the San Francisco Bay Area

Its been a while since I posted a photo thread, yep I've been a bit occupied and not really motivated. But I'm excited to present Alameda, CA. These are from my recent vacation to the San Francisco Bay Area to visit some of the relatives.

Enjoy!

Yep thats Oakland's skyine in view

Thats all folks, up later in the week OAKLAND.

#156 ·
I didn't know that Alameda was an island until I saw the thread title. I thought is was a town in the foothills or something. Alameda looks nice; it looks like a small-town version of San Francisco with those Victorian houses.

I didn't know that there are beaches on the San Francisco Bay. Then again, I should've expected it, since there are technically beaches on the Delaware Bay out here. Actually, the beaches on the Delaware Bay look a lot like the beaches in Alameda; the color of the sand is similar and the plant life seems similar.

#158 ·
Oakland Fruitvale / Latino Community

Here are a series of photos I took during my trip to the Bay Area last month. Thanks to my tour guide Western Gulf, we covered a lot of neighborhoods in the east bay. I will share those as I get some spare time to work on them.
BTW these were taken toward the end of the day when many businesses was closing. I suspect this district is much busier in the middle of the day than what I caught.

#161 · (Edited)
Oakland Photolog

-----

Oakland skyline w/ San Francisco in the distance

Lake Merritt & it's surroundings

Alameda County courthouse

Lakeshore

Residential areas in Oak f/ storefronts

Jack London Square

Cathedral of the Christ the Light, with Ordway

Starbucks in the Broadway Grand, ect

Market Square

Fox theater restoration

2100 Franklin

Orchids-Broadway view

Orchids 7th Street view

Rally @ DTO

Images by gerbache, leporello87 & chriscalsadillas

#166 ·
I've been checking this thread since the first post but haven't responded until now. It's good stuff, and I say that because I've seen a lot of Oakland. It's far more than the bullet-ridden ghetto that the Chronicle wants us to believe (and which America unfortunately does).

P.S. It's a shame that you had to get a Beckham bitch to taint your photo set ;). As a Quakes fan, that makes me gag.

#176 ·
Oakland is really a nice place, and not so much of the complete ghetto-ness. There are a lot of places in which Oakland does not have crime/the ghetto. Beautiful places, Lake Merritt, Jack London. Oakland likes to keep their history, and not repeat other cities. Oakland has a huge potential to become a bigger city also. Such as Autorow having potential to be the next bay area retail hub, West Oakland - Army Basy having potential to become a good waterfront/retail hub as well. Many projects are coming up, and some are already in the process of completion. Kaiser Project, Lake Merritt Project, 601 City Center, 1100 Broadway, etc. I really love Oakland, and actually it's not bad walking around at night where I walk to, and from. So far so good. Anyways I'll post up some pictures of Oakland once I have the opportunity to. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.