#1 · (Edited)
Poland the best arena "Spodek" Katowice

capacity 11000 during volleyball, basketball, hockey......concerts 7000-8000

See less See more
#113 ·
#114 ·
michał_;15193721 said:
Hear'ye hear'ye,

I have great honor to present the last (so far :p), most recent, most accurate, best of the best of the best- VISION OF reserve Euro 2012 stadium in Krakow.

Please post your thoughts... or don't, this is humiliating enough...

From a distance it doesn't look that bad, so just look at it full size:
http://www.wislakrakow.com/www/picture/other/stadion-wisly-wizualizacja-wrzesien-2007.jpg
It's not bad. Transparent roof, and no metal railings over the pitch. However the positioning of the lights is strange. By the way what is the current planed capacity?

#115 ·
Pretty good, I like it. Looks like those medium English stadiums.

#117 ·
That's not an idea really. The stands behind the goals are already standing and the 2-tier ones have to be this big to accommodate the spectators. This is if I'm not wrong the 7th vision so far.

If you see nothing bad about it please describe what you feel about the corners being uncovered, badly shaped and distanced from the one-tier stands instead of attaching them (I'm not talking about making it a ring by connecting sections, but there seem to be some 5m distance). Not to mention that the stand you see on the right will be some 20m from the pitch.

#122 ·
Strange, but alright :)

#124 ·
It's better to accept it as a positive change from the start, otherwise you're going to hate it all your life, especially if you're from Kharkow :)

#127 · (Edited)
In Poland Kharkow is closer to Charkow (Kharkiv :p), but I guess you did mean Krakow. ;)

Guys, rendering shown today is still different from the one shown yesterday. It's all like a merry-go-round: starts spinning and then you're starting to fill dizzy. This is the one from today, shows the other side of the stadium, but you may spot some differences from the yesterday's vision.

#126 ·
its not very suited for this stadium, it blocks the view of the nice roof and also the two already built stands and it doesnt match any of the other type of construction that already is there. imo they should take of all the squares at the top and use the blue steel to hold up the roof.

#128 ·
:lol: yes, I meant Krakow but typed Kharkow...

#129 ·
Finally something fresh on the new National Stadium issue.
The new venue will not be constructed in the former stadium's bowl as it was planned before. It will be raised next to the former ground. In the bowl there will be an indoor arena. First, very general renderings showing the planned area use (don't treat them as final):

#133 ·
It shows how the terrain is to be arranged. The whole concept dates back to 2001 (if those bloody idiots took action then we would have a world-class stadium now) and was created by Wojciech Zablocki, a known (in our country) sports-venue architect.

Jumping_jack - get real, the Astana stadium is yet another stadium done in "modern" fashion, nothing "former soviet" about it. Just as this stadium- it has all the features you could take from normal Werstern-European or oriental stadium designs. And the tower is a big hotel/office building that does actually correspond with high-rises in the neighborhood.

#132 ·
^^ I have no idea what you mean, personally i like it, the design for roof is unique and the use of space is great. Obviously side stands are better for visibility than behind goals, as for capacity i don't see a problem, anyway Legia will have it's own stadium and as there is no athletic track 55k seems reasonable.

#135 ·
michał_;15352057 said:
Finally something fresh on the new National Stadium issue.
The new venue will not be constructed in the former stadium's bowl as it was planned before. It will be raised next to the former ground. In the bowl there will be an indoor arena. First, very general renderings showing the planned area use (don't treat them as final):

weird..i designed something like that a few days ago..same shape..same tiers.

#140 ·
So, thats the 55.000 Warsaw national stadium?