SkyscraperCity Forum banner
201 - 220 of 266 Posts
Discussion starter · #201 ·
Woow, Chicago...really like this city. Fond memories:cheers:

Great pictures, skytrax. Keep them coming.

what a trip you had visiting so many cities......you also had great luck in terms of good weather.
Hmmmm.... More or less. Had some heavy raining days in New York, one in Niagara Falls ands also a heavy one in Chicago. I lost basically 4 days in pictures! :bash::bash:

All the people always talk/think of NYC, Miami and L.A. first but never about Chicago...I do not understand why this city is so underrated? From all US cities that I have been to this is most charming and appealing to me especially in terms of old architecture and new buildings. And it is comparatively compact, too :yes:

Keep the pics coming:cheers:

skytrax, did you go up Hancock or Willis Tower (formerly Sears) while you were there?

Discussion starter · #214 ·
Hey Matt, sorry for the late reply but I had some strong reason for being away for such long time.

USA is a diverse country, midwest is different from the west which is then different than the east or south. I think most people that travel to USA just prefer to stick to the east coast and once they can afford to visit the west coast they immediately chose for California. Maybe that's why Chicago doesn't get much of the attention that deserves. It might be also be because of safety reasons. Somehow I felt slightly safer in other cities than in Chicago. Some areas were completely dead after 9pm... 🤷🏾‍♂️

Regarding the towers, no, I didn't go up to any of these. I was tired to spend so much on tower. Unlike Europe, being a tourist in America doesn't come cheap. So, I just decided to ignore them. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Discussion starter · #218 ·
A caminho de São Francisco fiz uma pequena escala em Minneapolis, pelo que aproveitei para conhecer o famoso Mall of America (o maior shopping dos Estados Unidos).

Metro de superfície

Mall of America

Hard Rock Cafe

Discussion starter · #219 ·
São Francisco

São Francisco é uma das cidades mais rica dos Estados Unidos. É também o centro financeiro, cultural e de transportes da área da baía de São Francisco, uma região com mais de 7,4 milhões de pessoas.
São Francisco é um popular destino turístico internacional, conhecido pela sua neblina fria de verão, íngremes colinas, eclética mistura de arquitetura vitoriana e moderna e seus marcos históricos famosos, incluindo a Ponte Golden Gate, os bondes e Chinatown.

"Frisco" é bem linda, mas tem-se tornado cara e a Califórnia tem muita gente, mesmo trabalhando nas IT, vive em carros e tendas...

Minneapolis é a terra do Prince onde tinha a sua casa e estúdios :cool:🌂🌧

201 - 220 of 266 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.