SkyscraperCity Forum banner
4M views 18K replies 1K participants last post by  streetscaper 
#1 ·
Discuss this week's topic here. :)

But please note - if you post too many images, I will delete them all. Try to have some consideration for people with slower Internet connections and/or slower computers, otherwise the thread becomes unreadable.

#25 ·
My opinion

NYC- only if the old WTC was still there.
Chicago- mixture of new and old, buildings only line along the lakefront and downtown area, 3 years later 2 new 1000+ footers will be there, drastically changing the skyline.

Hong Kong- besides the residental area, Hong Kong is great. Bank of Hk is a great building.

Well, personally my favorite is still Chicago, not because I live there, but there is a mixture of old and new buildings.Sure, so do Hk and NYC. I adore Chicago's park system in the front of the skyline. The only thing missing is there are NO mountains.

#35 · (Edited)
Hong Kong !!

I've been lurking around with amazement in this forum for a while, but this thread really get me going. Look I live in Manhattan, New York and I love New York, in my opinion it is still the greatest city to live in the entire world in overall categories.

But look, if you're talking about the greatest skyline in the world, that title has to go to HONG KONG, everytime I go to Hongkong, whether looking at Hong Kong island from Kowloon or staring at the night time skyline from peak, I was always in awe... it's magnificent, beautiful, amazing, splendid and awesome.

New York definitely has more history, and but it looks very dirty, some buildings are just so ugly to look at, between 60th St to 34th St and downtown are where Manhattan holds its ground, but between 34th St to Tribecca, New York looks really ugly and old, very industrial and like a slump, I always had this thought when looking at Manhattan from Queens or Jersey City. It's very dirty and ugly looking, not to mention in Northern Manhattan which is a slump. The view looks better at night is better though, still no comparison to the mighty HK.

Well, New York has passed its glory, you might argue it's got so many legendary building, but then again, HK is a younger city, and it does look more magnificent in my eyes, eventhough I live in NYC.

Hong Kong wins by a mile.

#39 ·
:) The world's best skyline is..............just JUST SAY MY NAME!LOL