SkyscraperCity Forum banner
4M views 18K replies 1K participants last post by  streetscaper 
#1 ·
Discuss this week's topic here. :)

But please note - if you post too many images, I will delete them all. Try to have some consideration for people with slower Internet connections and/or slower computers, otherwise the thread becomes unreadable.

#69 ·
I think Tokyo's skyline is one of the most underrated. I'm not saying its better than New York, Chicago or Hong Kongs but that it isn't that far behind, and, from certain angles is a match for them.

The Nishi-Shinjuku skyline with Mount Fuji behind it at sunset is simply awesome. This photo is taken from the Bunkyo Civic Centre.

Here is an entirely different skyline view, looking over the Sumida-Gawa river. The way the red aircraft lights which switch on and off in an unsynchonised way really epitomise the city.

This photo is from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building and shows the scale and density of the Tokyo skyline.

#74 ·
probe said:
tokyo's skyline is gud but its colorless i think!

hongkong is very nice "symphony of lights"

but i still choose NEWYORK!
Tokyo's skyline is ok though I find most of it's skyscrapers too uniform and lack the variety that Hong Kong and New York have.

Tokyo though lack some supertalls.

#77 ·
Chicago, followed by Hong Kong and then New York.

NY without the WTC on the south, looks lumpy and undefined. After they rebuidl something, maybe it will improve. But now, it's like Mona Lisa with her smile erased.

Chicago has the peaks and valleys, which no other city can match. A true man-made mountain range set against a great lake and the never-ending midwestern sky.

Reactions: NijmegenCity
#78 ·
other honorable mentions should include Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, and Pittsburgh, for its incredibly beautiful setting.

Reactions: NijmegenCity