SkyscraperCity Forum banner

The New York City and Chicago appreciation thread

595K views 2K replies 270 participants last post by  JuanPaulo 
#1 ·
No long headers for this one. Some of you guys already know how I feel about the two places. The purpose of this thread is to pay homage to the two pioneering skyscraper cities. The idea of versus is not intended and won't be tolerated. So if you love Chicago and New York and the architecture, skylines and classic North American urban atmosphere both have then come in and discuss, post pictures, ask us questions

If anyone has the link to the older NY and Chicago threads pass them along to me...maybe we can merge them.

#35 · (Edited)
Thanks friends.

This weekend was the big Arts and Antiques weekend in Chicago, which is part of the Arts Calendar that encompasses events in NYC and many other cities around the world every Spring (e.g., in Maastricht, London, Paris, Hong Kong, LA, etc.)

I got to meet many of my favorite NYC dealers here, which is always a special treat.

For me, the Arts and Gallery scene in NYC is one of its chief glories. I should probably devote a series on just this aspect of the City. :)

#47 ·
Marvelous! Thanks NYgirl, and everyone else for the great contributions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.