Sound Transit Light Rail Link - Page 439 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West > Local Forums > Seattle

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 9th, 2020, 06:53 PM   #8761
rathersmart
Kalin

Likes (Received): 84

has anyone seen a recent project progress report?
rathersmart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 9th, 2020, 07:27 PM   #8762
nwctybldr

Likes (Received): 810

They published one about a month ago. Nothing major to report. Blue Line still humming along without any of their float used yet. Revenue service start window still saying October 2022 - June 2023. Baring any major issues with the floating bridge or other major systems seems like early 2023 is doable. Northgate still saying September 2021 for revenue service but seem likely to be sooner given the unallocated float days--June seems plausible. Not much new on Lynnwood or Federal Way. DT Redmond progress seems uneventful as well.
https://www.soundtransit.org/sites/d...ess-report.pdf

Donnie Seahawk, araman0, c33f liked this post
nwctybldr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2020, 08:17 PM   #8763
CityView Jim

Likes (Received): 2514

Interesting and confusing. According to Northgate Link documents, testing is scheduled to complete 12/2020 though revenue service not to start for 9 more months.

What is left to do after testing? Always thought that was the finale but may be a generalized term. Also see 5 months of unused float (if I'm understanding page 13).

Someone please make this makes more sense to dumdums like me. Just guessing up and running about this time next year.
CityView Jim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2020, 09:31 PM   #8764
rathersmart
Kalin

hmm i was trying to find out more information on the current status for the roosevelt and u-district stations. any word on whether they're on time?
Old February 10th, 2020, 02:21 AM   #8765
smerfylicious

Likes (Received): 3198

All of the stations are on time except for Northgate, and that's only ~14 days behind schedule. Should be handed over to systems in March.

As for testing "complete" in 10 months, that's likely not the case. Testing will begin in November / December once systems is done. Should likely open spring 2021.

CityView Jim, iogeon, c33f, araman0 liked this post
smerfylicious no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 07:18 AM   #8766
rathersmart
Kalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by smerfylicious View Post
All of the stations are on time except for Northgate, and that's only ~14 days behind schedule. Should be handed over to systems in March.

As for testing "complete" in 10 months, that's likely not the case. Testing will begin in November / December once systems is done. Should likely open spring 2021.
i think the testing period he's referring to is the systems testing, not service testing
Old February 11th, 2020, 06:47 PM   #8767
Capitol Hill

Likes (Received): 6972

Will the testing be the trains disembark passengers at Husky stadium and then continue north sans passengers? Or would that potentially disrupt service on the rest of the line, and they just test the three stations with no throughput?
Old February 13th, 2020, 02:50 PM   #8768
Aaron W

Likes (Received): 106

Not good news....

Initiative 976 remains on hold after judge largely upholds car-tab tax measure
By Heidi Groover
Seattle Times staff reporter

Quote:
A King County judge has largely upheld Initiative 976, the voter-approved measure to cut car-tab taxes, in a rebuke to Seattle, King County and others who argued the measure was unconstitutional.

But drivers expecting a tax cut should be prepared to keep waiting. The measure will remain on hold for now and the judge’s decision on Wednesday is expected to be appealed.

The legal fight over I-976 has kept car-tab tax cuts and transportation budget hits in limbo across Washington. If I-976 is upheld, it could deal a significant blow to transportation spending across the state, including in Seattle, where car-tab fees pay for road improvements and bus service.

iogeon liked this post
Aaron W no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2020, 07:08 PM   #8769
cameronrex

Likes (Received): 1100

If 976 is upheld on appeal and the movement in the state legislature successfully de-prioritizes congestion and freight mobility from its reasons to spend transportation dollars what is the result? It becomes both harder to build new transit options AND harder to expand roads?
cameronrex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2020, 11:24 PM   #8770
fordgtman1992

Likes (Received): 558

Spoke today with the Link Extension Project Manger today onsite at the Roosevelt Station. I was working and can unfortunately not share any juicy info, but I can say systems and testing will take a while, perhaps longer than some of us expected.
fordgtman1992 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2020, 11:45 PM   #8771
CityView Jim

Likes (Received): 2514

Booooooooo
CityView Jim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2020, 11:54 PM   #8772
BoulderGrad

Likes (Received): 2365

Silver lining is that ST's case is going well: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-car-tab-case/
Old February 14th, 2020, 01:57 AM   #8773
smerfylicious

Systems testing just ate 20 days of float on Northgate, per the most recently uploaded progress report (which was published yesterday).

I'm putting most of the blame on Absher and their sub-optimal performance on the substation.
Old February 14th, 2020, 04:36 AM   #8774
rathersmart
Kalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by smerfylicious View Post
Systems testing just ate 20 days of float on Northgate, per the most recently uploaded progress report (which was published yesterday).

I'm putting most of the blame on Absher and their sub-optimal performance on the substation.
do you have a link to the progress report?
Old February 14th, 2020, 06:29 AM   #8775
guinessbeer55

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgtman1992 View Post
Spoke today with the Link Extension Project Manger today onsite at the Roosevelt Station. I was working and can unfortunately not share any juicy info, but I can say systems and testing will take a while, perhaps longer than some of us expected.
Well that's disappointing.
guinessbeer55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2020, 07:24 AM   #8776
nwctybldr

Systems start-up and testing has been on the watch-list for Northgate extension in all the progress reports for quite awhile. Here's to hoping they can work it out quickly.
nwctybldr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2020, 11:04 AM   #8777
smerfylicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathersmart View Post
do you have a link to the progress report?
https://www.soundtransit.org/sites/d...ess-report.pdf

Here ya go! I was at work, unable to really google much.

geoffloftus, rathersmart liked this post
Old February 14th, 2020, 06:43 PM   #8778
nwctybldr

Also, another potential challenge is that Siemens is behind schedule in their vehicle delivery, which could slow down their ability to test the new vehicles on the extension. I'm not sure there is a big risk factor for schedule overall but still noteworthy.
Further evidence of challenges on the systems front, from page 29: "Sound Transit continues to believe the main electrical subcontractor has insufficient manpower, which is causing delays, and that the prime contractor’s efforts to date to manage their subcontractor’s performance have been ineffective." That's about as harsh as a public document gets.
Old February 22nd, 2020, 04:38 AM   #8779
guinessbeer55

Likes (Received): 58

The one good thing about connect 2020 is that the tracks have been realigned on the northbound approach to Int.dis/chinatown station. Trains no longer have to slow down to make that huge curve while entering the station! I'm assuming the same will be true for the southbound track(the one they are working on now)

araman0, AKH, Seasun, TaoQuan liked this post
guinessbeer55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2020, 07:42 AM   #8780
Seasun

Likes (Received): 1857

Wasn't some of the train slow down at that station due to integrating operations with the buses and security barriers or is that old news since it's been a couple years since buses were in the tunnel?
Seasun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
seattle, usa