The Scandal Sheets: Philippine Politics and The Economy - Page 15 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > The Economy, Industry and Development Issues

The Economy, Industry and Development Issues Current news and events with regards to the economy, industry and urban development issues

Old February 13th, 2020, 08:33 PM   #281
Selurong

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyflakes222 View Post
I'm voting a president, not an angel, to office.

Illegal or not, I have less sympathy for criminals who murdered a hostage than say, parish priests who diddled on little boys.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38456419

Do you really think that people power crap will work? Yellows have tried thrice now. This is going to be the 4th time. Maybe summon more than paid poor people and maybe it'll be more than just nuisance. Because students and privileged people screaming for it on social media won't be braving the heat of the sun.
Actually, People Power 1 and 2 were lead mostly by the Middle Class, with some poor people and most especially it was the church under Cardinal Sin who, using media (Radio Veritas was the only media not sequestered by Marcos during that time) at EDSA 1 and then cellphones uring EDSA 2. I don't think its' proper to mount a revolt this time, since we are in a crisis situation, but to dismiss social media people of mounting a revolt is foolish, since people who have even less interactive media like Radio and Cellphones, did it at EDSA 1 and 2 how much more with today's smartphones and internet?

Mind you, the Arab Spring Revolution were all organized in Twitter. If Arabs can do it, how much more Filipinos?

But I don't support any new People Power Revolt myself. Since its' useless at this point.
Selurong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 14th, 2020, 12:59 AM   #282
Parchie

Likes (Received): 2775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
Actually, People Power 1 and 2 were lead mostly by the Middle Class, with some poor people and most especially it was the church under Cardinal Sin who, using media (Radio Veritas was the only media not sequestered by Marcos during that time) at EDSA 1 and then cellphones uring EDSA 2. I don't think its' proper to mount a revolt this time, since we are in a crisis situation, but to dismiss social media people of mounting a revolt is foolish, since people who have even less interactive media like Radio and Cellphones, did it at EDSA 1 and 2 how much more with today's smartphones and internet?

Mind you, the Arab Spring Revolution were all organized in Twitter. If Arabs can do it, how much more Filipinos?

But I don't support any new People Power Revolt myself. Since its' useless at this point.
Maybe, you've been reading too much comics! You seem to swallow the hook, sinker and all re news around the world! Whoever controls media, controls the world--> for some time! Until people realize what's wrong, they can stay on that podium!

Arab Spring? See what happened! EDSA? See what happened. History will judge our actions. That said, we now see whether there's something good in what you're blabbering about!
The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all: it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.

- H.L. Mencken
Parchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2020, 01:16 AM   #283
skyflakes222

Likes (Received): 730

I don't remember the specifics, but Arab Spring was also engineered by outside forces and not a genuine movement formed by good intentions.
Old February 14th, 2020, 05:15 AM   #284
dexter06

Likes (Received): 1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchie View Post
EDSA? See what happened. History will judge our actions. That said, we now see whether there's something good in what you're blabbering about!
To be fair, EDSA was supported by the people naman. It was reported through radio LIVE. And then the Cory Constitution (1987) was approved by the overwhelming majority of the population (more than 75%) through a referendum. However flawed it was, it was necessary at that time. Remember that Marcos controlled mass media - radio, TV and newspaper. So when Cory took over, it was a "free for all" by the press. Matira matibay. Yun, sa kalaunan, yung big 3 - Inquirer, Star and Bulletin. Initially, the press was vigilant but eventually, business interests/ survival was the name of the game and they report as long as they do not go against the interest of their owners bringing us now to the present day.
dexter06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2020, 05:27 AM   #285
fretburner

Likes (Received): 2944

Quote:
Wrong.

While the leaders might be members of the elite (Ramos, Enrile, Laurel, Cory), EDSA 1 was a revolution of the masses.

EDSA 2 was the revolution by the middle class - UP, Ateneo, Lasalle students and teachers, etc.

Quote:
Go ahead. Make my day. Show us what you got on Feb 25.

erzo01, johnmizer_ver_2, MunichSwiss liked this post
fretburner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2020, 06:17 AM   #286
Romb

Likes (Received): 3654

Quote:
BREAKING: A Quezon City court issues arrest orders vs former Senator Antonio Trillanes, 10 others over conspiracy to commit sedition
https://www.facebook.com/CNNPhilippi...type=3&theater

MunichSwiss liked this post
Romb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2020, 06:23 AM   #287
Romb

Likes (Received): 3654

Non-bailable ba ang sedition sa atin?
Romb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2020, 06:52 AM   #288
Selurong

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretburner View Post
Wrong.

While the leaders might be members of the elite (Ramos, Enrile, Laurel, Cory), EDSA 1 was a revolution of the masses.

EDSA 2 was the revolution by the middle class - UP, Ateneo, Lasalle students and teachers, etc.

Go ahead. Make my day. Show us what you got on Feb 25.
Didnt I say that EDSA 3 is useless at this point. Why would I attend an event that would only cause instability when we are at the brink of a Pandemic and a war.
Old February 14th, 2020, 06:53 AM   #289
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 11427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romb View Post
P10k bail, "barya" for the former Senator.

Yare sa Yolly Ong.

Quote:
Others charged in the case are:
  • Jonnel Sangalang
  • Yolanda Villanueva Ong
  • Vicente Romano III
  • Joel Saracho
  • Eduardo Acierto
  • Boom Enriquez
  • "Monique"

PRRD, #SONA2019

Romb liked this post
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2020, 07:16 AM   #290
Parchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romb View Post
IMO, if it's a capital offense, non-bailable! But since the offense penalty is just prision mayor, I believe it is not a capital offense!
The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all: it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.

- H.L. Mencken

Romb liked this post
Old February 14th, 2020, 07:32 AM   #291
Parchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter06 View Post
To be fair, EDSA was supported by the people naman. It was reported through radio LIVE. And then the Cory Constitution (1987) was approved by the overwhelming majority of the population (more than 75%) through a referendum. However flawed it was, it was necessary at that time. Remember that Marcos controlled mass media - radio, TV and newspaper. So when Cory took over, it was a "free for all" by the press. Matira matibay. Yun, sa kalaunan, yung big 3 - Inquirer, Star and Bulletin. Initially, the press was vigilant but eventually, business interests/ survival was the name of the game and they report as long as they do not go against the interest of their owners bringing us now to the present day.
I have my readings of the events that unfolded in EDSA. People laughed at those thoughts I harbored for some time before.

Then, as years went by, I came to the realization that those things surrounding the events that culminated into the US extracting the Man in Malacanang were all made up--> to appear that it's the "masa" who made those things possible! It's a slight of hand, my friend. People just have to be vigilant of the things going around behind the scenes!

- H.L. Mencken
Old February 14th, 2020, 07:58 AM   #292
fretburner

Quote:
Didnt I say that EDSA 3 is useless at this point. Why would I attend an event that would only cause instability when we are at the brink of a Pandemic and a war.
What war?

I'm more "excited" about the Turks probably shooting some Russians in Syria. I thought WW3 was going to happen when Syria allowed Russia to have a Joint Base in Syria.
Old February 14th, 2020, 08:01 AM   #293
fretburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
P10k bail, "barya" for the former Senator.

Yare sa Yolly Ong.
Apparently, DOJ downgraded it to "Conspiracy to Commit Sedition", that's why the bail is virtually nothing.

I'm more interested in Yoly Ong spending a Valentine's Day night in jail. I hope she's dumb enough to not do what the priest did and voluntarily surrendered and post bail immediately today.
Old February 14th, 2020, 11:49 AM   #294
Selurong

Quote:
What war?

I'm more "excited" about the Turks probably shooting some Russians in Syria. I thought WW3 was going to happen when Syria allowed Russia to have a Joint Base in Syria.
Ok
Old February 14th, 2020, 11:50 AM   #295
Selurong

Anyway. I would really love it if people calm my jitters down and give good reasons why Duterte is doing this because I would really love to be proven wrong.
Old February 14th, 2020, 02:18 PM   #296
fretburner

^ People already have.
Old February 14th, 2020, 02:38 PM   #297
Selurong

Quote:
^ People already have.
Well thanks for calming down my suspicions. Hopefully I pray to God that I am wrong that Duterte is a murderous media silencer.
Old February 14th, 2020, 02:46 PM   #298
skyflakes222

Likes (Received): 730

China's economy is crippled and are losing 1200+ people every single day since January.
I don't think there's a war to be worried about after this.
skyflakes222 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2020, 03:09 PM   #299
fretburner

Quote:
Well thanks for calming down my suspicions. Hopefully I pray to God that I am wrong that Duterte is a murderous media silencer.
Pray. It works. Pray also for the violators of our constitution.

erzo01, johnmizer_ver_2 liked this post
Old February 15th, 2020, 02:13 AM   #300
Parchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyflakes222 View Post
I'm voting a president, not an angel, to office.

Illegal or not, I have less sympathy for criminals who murdered a hostage than say, parish priests who diddled on little boys.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38456419

Do you really think that people power crap will work? Yellows have tried thrice now. This is going to be the 4th time. Maybe summon more than paid poor people and maybe it'll be more than just nuisance. Because students and privileged people screaming for it on social media won't be braving the heat of the sun.
To be exact, you were voting for a person to an office! If a man wins that office, people should rally behind him so we will succeed as a nation. Whining and crying over spilled milk is never a good idea, IMO.

But, you can't take away the right of the people to take note of the undesirable things of a person/s in public office and learn what qualities are needed for the next round of selection for persons for the office. Just stating the obvious!

- H.L. Mencken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement