Armageddon in Phoenix - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West

West Coast and Interior West CA, OR, WA, HI, AK, AZ, NM, NV, UT, CO, WY, MT, ID, BC
» Development News | Albuquerque | Las Vegas | Los Angeles | San Francisco Bay Area | Seattle

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 18th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #41
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail Claimore
I can tell you from experience that 110 degrees and 0 humidity is more bearable than 95 and high humidity. The latter is what we deal with here.
yes here in florida 95 and and high humidity sucks it makes it seem really hot its the only really bad thing about the weather but the daily summer thunderstorms help cool it off.
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 18th, 2006, 08:07 AM   #42
AngryBob

Likes (Received): 0

if I had a choice between San Diego and Pheonix, I'd choose Phoenix because of the weather!
AngryBob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2006, 10:27 AM   #43
enigma99a

Austin ranks high on 'Sweatiest Cities' list
Austin Business Journal - 10:57 AM CDT Thursday

Austin ranked seventh in a listing of the nation's heaviest sweaters during the summer months, according to Old Spice's Fifth Annual Top 100 Sweatiest Cities List.

The list is based on the average amount of sweat a person of average height and weight would produce walking around for an hour in the average high temperatures during June, July and August of 2005 for each city.

Phoenix takes home the dubious honor this year to land the title as the sweatiest, marking a two-year run at the No. 1 spot, and also seizing the top spot in 2003. Phoenix earned its stripes this year as the nation's top perspiration producer, with the average resident losing 26 ounces of sweat during a typical summer day in 2005.
enigma99a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2006, 06:50 PM   #44
wilycoyote24

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a

Austin ranked seventh in a listing of the nation's heaviest sweaters during the summer months, according to Old Spice's Fifth Annual Top 100 Sweatiest Cities List.

The list is based on the average amount of sweat a person of average height and weight would produce walking around for an hour in the average high temperatures during June, July and August of 2005 for each city.

Phoenix takes home the dubious honor this year to land the title as the sweatiest, marking a two-year run at the No. 1 spot, and also seizing the top spot in 2003. Phoenix earned its stripes this year as the nation's top perspiration producer, with the average resident losing 26 ounces of sweat during a typical summer day in 2005.
This is shocking, seeing as we are the hottest and probably the driest large city in the country.
wilycoyote24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:12 AM   #45
Krasna Sreča
Sara je vo(Sarah is bull)

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:

Awkward, but I can see why. This year is probably going to be worse since we beat our record of 110.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 05:37 PM   #46
mdiederi
Artist

Likes (Received): 165

You sweat a lot here, but it evaporates so fast that it doesn't stick to your skin and stink like in more humid places.

Vegas is always a few degrees cooler than Phoenix, and just as dry, but we don't get dust storms like that because its a smaller valley. Blue sky 350 days a year. Once every couple of years we get snow on the west side of town. Ski resort sixty miles away. Lots of spring water here from the Spring Mountains on the west side, but they are going to start tapping aquifers up north ($$$ billion pipe line). Lake Mead water level is super low right now, dropped about sixty feet. They had to extend the intake pipe deeper into the lake for the water supply because the upper level of water is polluted and was almost down to the level of the intake. Phoenix and So.Cal. are taking way too much water out of Lake Mead, and it really shows when we are in a drought like we are now. Need more snow on the west slope of the Rockies desperately.

Last edited by mdiederi; June 22nd, 2006 at 07:44 PM.
mdiederi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #47
FLscraper

Quote:
I'm lovin' it too

I'm sure you are.

And yes 8 months out of the year are absolutly beautiful in Phoenix.
FLscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement