The California State University Thread - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West

West Coast and Interior West CA, OR, WA, HI, AK, AZ, NM, NV, UT, CO, WY, MT, ID, BC
» Development News | Albuquerque | Las Vegas | Los Angeles | San Francisco Bay Area | Seattle

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 27th, 2006, 06:54 AM   #21
Eric95403

Likes (Received): 0

Sacramento State's "Destination 2010" appears to be in full force. I haven't seen or heard about the faculty being against it. Looking at Sac State's "Destination 2010" website...much progress has been made toward their plan. Being a Sac State grad, I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome. I believe the "flagship" campus slogan has to do w/ the school being in the state capital. In one of those alumni newspapers I received (last year, so it's recollection is vague), that was the main focus of the "flagship" campus of the CSU system, have the "best" campus of the CSU system in the California capital.
Eric95403 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2006, 07:24 AM   #22
612bv3

Likes (Received): 101

San Jose State also wants to be the "flagship" campus so there might be a fight for it.
Old February 28th, 2006, 01:22 AM   #23
ltsmotorsport

Likes (Received): 1

Well, they all have to take the title away from Cal Poly, SLO. It's considered one of the top universities on the west coast, not just the CSU system.
ltsmotorsport no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #24
edsg25

Likes (Received): 106

HELP! SOMEONE! ANYONE!

This thread is making me lose what's left of my mind!

Would one of you PLEASE PLEASE explain to me how this could be:

• SJSU is killing itself to become CSUSJ so that it can promote itself as a legitmite CSU, remind people that its grad's have CSU degrees, and give it a wider and more prestige profile by being part of CSU

-while

• CSUS is kittling itself to become SSU so that it can promote itself as its own institution, remind people that a Sac State degree means something because it is Sac State, and give it a wider and more prestig profile by being its own university, not with a name that implies "system"

IS THIS INSANITY OR DO I JUST NOT UNDERSTAND THE TOPPSY TURVEY WORLD OF C.S.U.'S AND U.C.'S???????????????????????????????????????
edsg25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 06:55 AM   #25
612bv3

Likes (Received): 101

It really shows how ununified the CSU system compared to the UC.
Old March 1st, 2006, 08:03 AM   #26
edsg25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 612bv3
It really shows how ununified the CSU system compared to the UC.
No school in the UC system would dream of having its name begin with anything but UC. I think that's the big difference.
Old June 16th, 2006, 03:30 AM   #27
CSUalumniSanJose

CSU Restoration in San Jose

Just in case anyone didn't know, the entire CSU restoration blurb above was taken from:

Gostate.org

See also

California State Bell

Both sites favor restoring San Jose's original "California State" (1862) and tossing the dumb 4th-tier city college commuter school "SJSU" identity into the dustbin of history where it belongs.

After all, SAN JOSE IS NOT A STATE!

CSU Alumni of San Jose
CSU Alumni of San Jose
CSUalumniSanJose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 03:36 AM   #28
CSUalumniSanJose

CSU Sacramento's Professor's Stopped "Official" Name Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric95403
Sacramento State's "Destination 2010" appears to be in full force. I haven't seen or heard about the faculty being against it. Looking at Sac State's "Destination 2010" website...much progress has been made toward their plan. Being a Sac State grad, I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome. I believe the "flagship" campus slogan has to do w/ the school being in the state capital. In one of those alumni newspapers I received (last year, so it's recollection is vague), that was the main focus of the "flagship" campus of the CSU system, have the "best" campus of the CSU system in the California capital.
You are wrong, CSU Sacramento's professor's did stop the full name change.

See: http://gostate.org/Anti-CSU_name_change.htm
Old June 16th, 2006, 04:02 AM   #29
hngcm

Likes (Received): 27

Whatever...

SDSU and Cal Poly top it easily.
hngcm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 03:48 PM   #30
edsg25

Here's a topic I brought up earlier in a different format. Let me make it simplier here:

WOULD CSU BENEFIT FROM HAVING ONE "FLAGSHIP" UNIVERSITY...would its prestige transfer prestige to all CSU institutions? Would CSU benefit if this school was in the Pac Ten?

Rather than any existing CSU, in the interest in stemming competiton, I'm thinking of a brand new university campus, built from scratch, and built with education and research as its mission (perhaps more of a UC priority).

What effect would such an institution have on CSU?
Old June 16th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #31
CSUalumniSanJose

Yes, Cal Poly is a better school

Quote:
Originally Posted by hngcm
Whatever...

SDSU and Cal Poly top it easily.

That's the point. The oldest and original CSU, "SJSU" has been shafted by the State of California (starting in 1887) and its own alumni (1974), having been dowgraded from "California State" to "San Jose State",

the effect of which was to downgrade the school from a prestigious statewide institution to a broken down city college.

CSU restoration would help address this, giving the school a chance to rebuild its statewide identity and prestige.

CSU Alumni of San Jose

http://www.californiastatebell.com
Old June 16th, 2006, 10:42 PM   #32
CSUalumniSanJose

[QUOTE=edsg25]

WOULD CSU BENEFIT FROM HAVING ONE "FLAGSHIP" UNIVERSITY...would its prestige transfer prestige to all CSU institutions? Would CSU benefit if this school was in the Pac Ten?

QUOTE]

Absolutely, and it should be the original and oldest California State (1862) in San Jose, just as the oldest UC plays that role.

For the benefits to the CSU system, see here: CSU Reform
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:05 AM   #33
The Baz

Likes (Received): 5

Um' I thought Skyscraper city was about happy doses of pictures in the process of badmouthing.

San Diego State

Cal State Dominguez Hills

San Jose State

Cal State Long Beach

The Baz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement