#PROJECT-Ras Al Khaimah: BAB AL BAHR RESORT - Page 9 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Other Emirates Projects > Northern Emirates

Northern Emirates Projects in Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain, and Fujairah

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 15th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #161
izziere

Likes (Received): 0

Getting better, with more external painting completed. First delivered apartments will be surrounded by construction work, but a great view of the sea. RAK lead, Ajman, UAQ follow.
izziere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2010, 04:38 PM   #162
marksageeza

anyone know if these are finished yet? and is there anyone here who's actually bought in this development as this project is motoring ahead yet very little discussion about the progress, infrastructure and whether there are big delays still before handover as I had the impression these were about to finish soon?
mark
marksageeza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 07:06 PM   #163
Jasmine's Dad

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksageeza View Post
anyone know if these are finished yet? and is there anyone here who's actually bought in this development as this project is motoring ahead yet very little discussion about the progress, infrastructure and whether there are big delays still before handover as I had the impression these were about to finish soon?
mark
I suspect you could get everyone who has bought there in a phone box and still have room LoL
Jasmine's Dad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2010, 11:26 PM   #164
mirpuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine's Dad View Post
I suspect you could get everyone who has bought there in a phone box and still have room LoL
this was 1st devalopment on this island and it was at peak time people were buying whole sale big boys were buying whole block and med buyer were buying floors and single buyer were buying as much as they could
in total there are 6 blocks and hotel and business tower
the 3 block MARMAR-AMWAJ&ZUMOURUD they were sold 80% in 2008 i bought studio on re-sale market and it was cheaper on re-sale market then what devaloper was offring.
as you know early days devaloper were very gready if they sold 33% they increased prices for next 1/3 and so on
at that time i was told other 3 towers were bought by private investor and was going to put back in market for single unit investors i am not sure what happened to those other 3 blocks
i have not been given any hand over date yet
cheers
mirpuri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #165
marksageeza

have you had your quarterly update??? as it appears that they stopped doing this for a while because I believe it was also available from their site, maybe due to infrastructure issues?? as surely they cant be discussing handover even if ready, if sewage/water lines, electricity lines arent fully established, any ideas how these are going on, RAKIA claims to be doing this, is anyone on the ground there to prove them wrong? and to also verify how much is complete, have they started landscaping yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirpuri View Post
this was 1st devalopment on this island and it was at peak time people were buying whole sale big boys were buying whole block and med buyer were buying floors and single buyer were buying as much as they could
in total there are 6 blocks and hotel and business tower
the 3 block MARMAR-AMWAJ&ZUMOURUD they were sold 80% in 2008 i bought studio on re-sale market and it was cheaper on re-sale market then what devaloper was offring.
as you know early days devaloper were very gready if they sold 33% they increased prices for next 1/3 and so on
at that time i was told other 3 towers were bought by private investor and was going to put back in market for single unit investors i am not sure what happened to those other 3 blocks
i have not been given any hand over date yet
cheers
Old November 24th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #166
eddy123

November Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine's Dad: I suspect you could get everyone who has bought there in a phone box and still have room LoL
A bit jealous knowing the project you bought in .

Here are some pics and YES I did buy in this project....and like everybody else paid way too much ....but better than nothing!

The project is far from complete and for my concern handover is done in two years or more. It is sold as a resort however construction haven't started on the Hotel Office building and Shopping Center.

Leasing applications did start for the first buildings maybe ready this year????

Old November 24th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #167
marksageeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy123 View Post
A bit jealous knowing the project you bought in .

Here are some pics and YES I did buy in this project....and like everybody else paid way too much ....but better than nothing!

The project is far from complete and for my concern handover is done in two years or more. It is sold as a resort however construction haven't started on the Hotel Office building and Shopping Center.

Leasing applications did start for the first buildings maybe ready this year????

Hello Eddy, nice pics... although difficult to tell from just these pics, theres not much of a difference to 3-6 months ago?? Could you see whether any utility infrastructure has been implemented? and why the delays all of a sudden when they were booming ahead before the summer...... bit worrying. Appears that Pacific will finish before them although not sure if handover will be possible for any development if RAKIA continue to sit on their backsides and squander on investments in Georgia/Congo e.t.c. when it should be pumped into here!!!
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:25 AM   #168
mirpuri

Hi All we have good news from Rakeen
they are handing over in 2 stages
1- Zone 1 is Fayrouz-Kahraman-&Yakout in January 2011
2-Zone 2 is Marmar-Amwaj-& Zumourud in Q2 2011
have any body have latest pictures or any other information
Old December 7th, 2010, 02:09 PM   #169
sandyb
sandyb

Quote:
Hi All we have good news from Rakeen
they are handing over in 2 stages
1- Zone 1 is Fayrouz-Kahraman-&Yakout in January 2011
2-Zone 2 is Marmar-Amwaj-& Zumourud in Q2 2011
have any body have latest pictures or any other information
Seriously. What good is having this apartment when none of the infrastructure is in place or nothing else is remotely ready on the rest of this island?
sandyb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #170
mirpuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyb View Post
Seriously. What good is having this apartment when none of the infrastructure is in place or nothing else is remotely ready on the rest of this island?
this is our property we have to take it and RENT to earn money
why would you invest in first place either you live your self or rent this place
little time later (maybe 3years) you will have office block and shopping center
on site till then you can shop in royal breeze 10 mins. away
if you have apartment in this dev. you should be happy look at others they are waiting & wishing thier apartment to start building let alone finished
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:56 PM   #171
eos

Likes (Received): 1

Eos

Congratulation to all the investors,I am happy for you all.
What abouth the infracture its must be comming !!!Lets us take all our time and be happy that we don't have loose our money!!!! like so much others!!!!

Eos : investor in the Pacific
eos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #172
mirpuri

Good news developer confirmed few more facilities on site

We are currently in the process of renting a few select retail shops including Pharmacy, Gift/Chocolate Shop, Laundry, Tailor, Coffee shop additional to Kindergarten and Convenience Store. They will be opening in early summer. The hotel is planned for phase 2 with opening in 2013.
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #173
marksageeza

good news

Quote:
Good news developer confirmed few more facilities on site

We are currently in the process of renting a few select retail shops including Pharmacy, Gift/Chocolate Shop, Laundry, Tailor, Coffee shop additional to Kindergarten and Convenience Store. They will be opening in early summer. The hotel is planned for phase 2 with opening in 2013.
This is good news, lets hope once you guys are handed over, you can put pressure with everyone else on RAKEEN to get the general facilities/infrastructure in place... would be nice to have feedback from locals saying they can see workmen there putting down roads e.t.c. and lining them with palm trees and overhead lights!!
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #174
gujji

I understand your concerns Sandyb, but atleast your developer has delivered. BM is a complete mess, where many investors including myself may lose their money.

In time, the infrastructure will get completed and you will have your appartment. But with the BM investors, we do not know yet what the future holds.

All the best.

Quote:
gujji no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #175
sandyb
sandyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gujji View Post
I understand your concerns Sandyb, but atleast your developer has delivered. BM is a complete mess, where many investors including myself may lose their money.

In time, the infrastructure will get completed and you will have your appartment. But with the BM investors, we do not know yet what the future holds.

All the best.
Sorry, but I still dont understand.

I am also a BM investor and totally lost all confidence in this place. But in order for me to understand better (as they may know more than me) I would like to understand what is happening with the infrastructure.
Why do BAB investors this is a good thing? when in my opionion they will be taking over an apartment that no one wants to rent due to lack of facilities etcc... in the surrounding areas.. then probably isnt even a good, clean, usuable beach
sandyb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #176
eddy123

Quote:
Sorry, but I still dont understand.

I am also a BM investor and totally lost all confidence in this place. But in order for me to understand better (as they may know more than me) I would like to understand what is happening with the infrastructure.
Why do BAB investors this is a good thing? when in my opionion they will be taking over an apartment that no one wants to rent due to lack of facilities etcc... in the surrounding areas.. then probably isnt even a good, clean, usuable beach
Im agree with this and Im an investor, Im not very thrilled of any handover in the near future. Why?
1) The area is far from being ready.
2) The planned Hotel has been put onhold. Despite promises made there is no certainty if it will ever get constructed. Maybe it will but do we really want this about 5 years or even more? It a joke to mention it will be ready in 2013 while there is no sign of any start.
3) You will not be able to rent this place as you can get good deals now at al Hamra villas.
4) What will be the service charges and is there connection to the Electricity grid? If not they will charge you a high price for any alternative power source.

In other words any investor in this project should not cheer yet. There are still many deliverables required before it becomes at living standard. untill that time DONT ACCEPT the handover unless they will waive all maintenance fees and accept a delayed final payment.

Ed
Old December 13th, 2010, 11:32 AM   #177
mirpuri

Quote:
Im agree with this and Im an investor, Im not very thrilled of any handover in the near future. Why?
1) The area is far from being ready.
2) The planned Hotel has been put onhold. Despite promises made there is no certainty if it will ever get constructed. Maybe it will but do we really want this about 5 years or even more? It a joke to mention it will be ready in 2013 while there is no sign of any start.
3) You will not be able to rent this place as you can get good deals now at al Hamra villas.
4) What will be the service charges and is there connection to the Electricity grid? If not they will charge you a high price for any alternative power source.

In other words any investor in this project should not cheer yet. There are still many deliverables required before it becomes at living standard. untill that time DONT ACCEPT the handover unless they will waive all maintenance fees and accept a delayed final payment.

Ed
Hi Ed
i understand your worries we are all in same boat but there is old saying
"mother never gives milk to her baby untill baby cry's"
we have to get together and make owner association and demand thing we need sitting back will not do any good
Old December 13th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #178
eddy123

Quote:
Hi Ed
i understand your worries we are all in same boat but there is old saying
"mother never gives milk to her baby untill baby cry's"
we have to get together and make owner association and demand thing we need sitting back will not do any good
I believe you can only setup a Home Owner Association if you are the owner. This means they first need to hand it over to you and this is what I dont want when not complete.

BTW does anybody has an estimated completion date in his contract?? They kept it blank for me.

I do agree to unite and form the interim Home Owner Association.
Ed
Old December 16th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #179
kuttika

good point, let us form a group of all investors(there are not many as I would understand) so that we can negotiate atleast the maintenance etc. and may be by the time we get handover, we have people who want to talk.

You should always insist on the completion date written on any contract as legally you can do nothing if they do not deliver it to you even after 100 years. should be first quarter 2010 according to me.

Quote:
I believe you can only setup a Home Owner Association if you are the owner. This means they first need to hand it over to you and this is what I dont want when not complete.

BTW does anybody has an estimated completion date in his contract?? They kept it blank for me.

Ed
kuttika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #180
stevo60

Quote:

Ed
Hi any of you investors had a letter from Pure Real Estate informing you that your purchased unit is actually larger than originally bought an increase in square footage and demanding an increased payment pro rata on completion for the extra size .
thanks
Steve
stevo60 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement